The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Nice use of color :)
  • edited April 2010
    awesome.
  • edited April 2010
    I like how warm it feels. It feels like I'm sitting in a cottage.
  • edited April 2010
    Awesome pic Ayato! I really like the Librarian, that's one ape you don't want to mess with...

Contribution: the best Warhammer model I have painted so far. (linked because the image is HUGE) I actually painted it about two years ago, but I've only just got around to adding the water effects to the base. At this rate, my army should be painted by... 2025.
  • edited April 2010
    Wow... I have a lot of respect for Warhammer painters. I tried that when I was little but I sucked big time.

Anyway, here's some 'moving artwork', my 2010 animation showreel
  • edited April 2010
    Maybe you should get in touch with Laserschwert, to paint his Monkey Island, Sam and Max figurines!
    Laserschwert + Jen Kollic = Epic Win!
  • edited April 2010
    I made this as a joke in another thread.... but I think its funny enough to post here too

grossman.png
  • edited April 2010
    I think the blank eyes make him look creepy.
  • edited April 2010
    @Ayato: Wow, that's some incredible work. You portrayed each character very well, and very faithful to the original.

Well. I guess I'll post a piece of art I was compelled to do upon reading The Gunslinger from the Dark Tower series. I plan to color it eventually, but mainly I drew it because I saw a specific face in my head for the character of Walter O' Dim, The Man in Black, and wanted to put it on paper.

For the scene I picked the palaver at the end, as Walter is showing Roland various tarot cards.

2copfh2.jpg

"He drowns, gunslinger, and no one throws out the line. The boy Jake."
  • edited April 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I think the blank eyes make him look creepy.

me too... but I was going for that roman like bust
  • edited April 2010
    Quick thingie: The full version of my new avatar. I didn't wanted to do it because is way too Mary Sue, but the temptation was too much.

SnM____Lagomorph_Mary_Sue_by_Ginny_N.png
  • edited April 2010
    It sorta looks like Max but with longer hair, brown hair, and it isn't naked. I wonder if that bunny is as crazy and psychotic as Max... you never know, there could be sharp teeth underneath that innocent smile...
  • edited April 2010
    I thought it was a squirrel. Probably due to the color.

Also
    I didn't wanted to do it because it is way too Mary Sue
  • edited April 2010
    I've never known squirrels to have such large ears.
  • edited April 2010
    I've never known squirrels to have such large ears.

And they also have a big tail that would be visible. But neither of that can be seen from the avatar only.
  • edited April 2010
    It sorta looks like Max but with longer hair, brown hair, and it isn't naked. I wonder if that bunny is as crazy and psychotic as Max... you never know, there could be sharp teeth underneath that innocent smile...

That's why I said it's way too Mary Sue. But let's her here.

@avistew: They closed the Hat code topic but thanks for the corrections in that forum. Ironically, I know everything you told me, the point is I normally forgot that because, well, lack of practice ^^UUU I guess.
  • edited April 2010
    That's okay, a lot of mistakes are made again and again even though you know them, you just forget or don't think about it and do them again :p I'm glad it was helpful anyways. And maybe you can try and avoid these specific ones now, keep an eye out for them or something :)
  • edited May 2010
    04+-+Games.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    Why doesn't Junaid have a series on Cartoon Network?
  • edited May 2010
    I have no idea... :(
  • edited May 2010
    Not exactly legendary, but I seriously love this tag!

attachment.php?attachmentid=1424&stc=1&d=1272812162
  • edited May 2010
    Eeeargh, Princess Peach just turned into Princess Prune.
  • edited May 2010
    ToT___Impassioned_Speech_by_Ginny_N.jpg

Posting this just because I have something to post.
  • edited May 2010
    Posting more Stuff because I have something to post.

TM___Ahoy_by_Ginny_N.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    That's right everyone, keep posting stuff!

05+-+The+Cinema.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    I never actually thought of posting something in here.
    So here's the first 3 pages of my comic, made in 2006.
    It's been ongoing through the years, but I haven't made a page in a year, I've got 10 now.
    I just really like the first 3, because it's kind of a teaser, so ENJOY!

01kleur.gif
    02kleur.gif
    03kleur.gif
  • edited May 2010
    Joop, that strip was great all the way through. I wish I had the patience to make full comics. You've inspired me a bit so maybe I'll try to do one sometime soon.

I made this one recently and I'm really proud of it. I saw Ponyo and it made me think of Calvin and Hobbes, so I wanted to do a similar piece of art with that storybook feel to it. So this is kind of how I think Calvin and Hobbes would look animated.

5pevma.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    2jfbszm.jpg

Something I did for class. The assignment was to make a layout featuring good perspective and a thoughtful composition. Critiques are welcome, though note that there isn't a whole lot I can do to change this, as it's all in marker and ink. :P
  • edited May 2010
    Did I post this one? I hope not, because I'm posting it anyway!

TM___Strawberry_Heaven_by_Ginny_N.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    Cello and Ginny, those are both awesome! :)

I used to make crappy little comic strips in paint a while ago, and last night I decided to start making them again (in Photoshop this time). I'm not sure if it counts as "art," but this thread needs resurrecting anyway :D

bonding.png

chair.png

ventsu.png

clawsa.png
  • edited May 2010
    I like them. The style & contents reminds me of Cyanide & Happiness (which is a good thing). Keep it up.
  • edited May 2010
    I did this one for a friend, obviously referencing to this picture. It's her characters from her webcomic, and that was the first thing I thought of drawing when I thought of ghosts.
    Marleyfixed.png
    And then I drew this one because I really just love her ghost character.
    Eyes.png
    And this one was done as a gift for my dad, and to practice animals, because I hardly draw animals.
    Panther.png
  • edited May 2010
    I decided to entertain myself for an evening. I watched GinnyN's tutorial on the thread 'Speed Painting' and then tried to copy a few techniques. (Emphasise on the try).

2v7tlsl.jpg

It's a polar bear driving an island on the sea. As they do.
  • edited May 2010
    This made me laugh. Good work. :D
  • edited May 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I decided to entertain myself for an evening. I watched GinnyN's tutorial on the thread 'Speed Painting' and then tried to copy a few techniques. (Emphasise on the try).

2v7tlsl.jpg

It's a polar bear driving an island on the sea. As they do.

Haha, that's brilliant.
  • edited May 2010
    TwerpShipInt01.png
  • edited May 2010
    Love the expression, and the color makes him (her?) really stand out, Junaid! Great stuff!
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks! It's a him :)

This is one of the first concept pieces for my graduation animated short.
    I'm not quite sure if I want him to stand out this much so I'll have to try out some other versions as well...
  • edited May 2010
    All the work here is really awesome, I feel a bit shy to share my own but I did this picture recently and I'd love some feedback.

Hurn.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    I really shouldn't be shy about sharing your work. I think that looks really good! Is it a piece of fan art, or is this an original concept?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.