The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Hehe, I like it.
    (Why does she say "I have plan" instead of "I have a plan", is it an expression or a "typo"?)
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Hehe, I like it.
    (Why does she say "I have plan" instead of "I have a plan", is it an expression or a "typo"?)

I could lie and just say "oh she just talks like that!" buuut that would be wrong of me. Tis a typo my dear, but I've grown attached to it XD
  • edited June 2010
    If that was a cartoon show I would watch it.
  • edited June 2010
    Actually that was pretty witty.
  • edited June 2010
    I've actaully wanted to animate these two characters for awhile but the problem is I'm the type that gives up easly. Also I'm not sure who would voice Harry (the dog) as he's based on my real dog and so it's hard to imagin what voice he would have. I'm interested in what other people think he sounds like though cause really I always just read it in my head with my own voice, as I do with all the characters in these comics.
  • edited June 2010
    I read Harry in a voice sort of like Marlin from Finding Nemo (Nemo's dad), but that may just be because I saw that movie yesterday...
  • edited June 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I read Harry in a voice sort of like Marlin from Finding Nemo (Nemo's dad), but that may just be because I saw that movie yesterday...

Haha, for some reason I find that awesome, mostly because I'm a big pixar fan XD
  • edited June 2010
    When Cheri gets bored, she attempts to animate!

Keets-animation-REDUX-WIP2.gif?t=1277009813

Klaybrat-Hustle-Animation-D.gif?t=1277009845
  • edited June 2010
    I think the character in the first one is going to hit their head if they don't duck!

Nice animations. Kinda shaky though.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, animating in Photoshop is a bit more of a chore. I'll clean 'em up sometime soon, if not any other animations I make in the future.
  • edited June 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Klaybrat-Hustle-Animation-D.gif?t=1277009845

Is that earthworm Jim?
  • edited June 2010
    In the back, yeah. The kid in front is the revised version of Klaymen from the NeverHood, seen on the movie script, though, me and a friend have modeled him into his own character, whom we've simply named Klayboy. Except when he's being annoying, then he's Klaybrat.
  • edited June 2010
    Alright this thread got brought back from almost death!
    Nice animations, there a lil' shakey but I know what animating on Photoshop is like so I can understands why.
  • edited June 2010
    I liked the colors, so, I put it online already =P (Web Comic)

Tower_of_Time___Ch2__pag29_by_Ginny_N.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    Wow! I like the colours too GinnyN! They're so vivid and eye catching! Be sure to post it again when you've figured out what's going to be said.
  • edited June 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Wow! I like the colours too GinnyN! They're so vivid and eye catching! Be sure to post it again when you've figured out what's going to be said.

I already figure out that. It's in Spanish and that why I don't post the version with the dialog here. Appart it's like the page 29, so, probably alone will make little to no sense.

And thanks a lot ^^!
  • edited June 2010
    I posted a comic I sometimes draw a couple of pages back. I'm now changing the format up a bit to make the strips vertical (to aid with the punchline). Here's the first of the new style. I'll keep posting them here if people don't find that too annoying :P

test1copy.png
  • edited June 2010
    Clint.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    Awesome picture! Pure unchangeable badass!
  • edited June 2010
    Squint Eastwood?
  • edited June 2010
    its the face Clint makes when ever he sees Hugh Jackman in a movie and thinks its him when he was younger.
  • edited June 2010
    Haha yeah... good old Clint...

By the way, I don't know if I posted this here already but I also finished my latest showreel a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7im6QmlRxQ4
  • edited June 2010
    Junaid wrote: »
    Clint.jpg

I feel for this one, it's a feeling i can't describe but I like it. I'm drawn to it. :p
  • edited June 2010
    Yet another comic, also just trying to keep the thread on top a lil'

Morning_by_SillyStell.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    SillyStell, I honestly wish this was an animated series. I would watch it!

Just one thing though. In the third box/frame, it should be 'would have' and not 'would of'. Sorry, I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, but I just thought I'd let you know because it's a really common mistake. Otherwise, the comic is great! It's incredible how you manage to keep your characters consistent from frame to frame, and the amount of charisma in their faces is great!
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks, Hayden. I didn't comment on the comic because I knew I'd just go on and on about that :P
    Now that it has been done though, I can say that I still love your style and stories. Huron is awesome.
  • edited June 2010
    Junaid wrote: »
    Haha yeah... good old Clint...

By the way, I don't know if I posted this here already but I also finished my latest showreel a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7im6QmlRxQ4

Why aren't you employed by cartoon network?!

Also:

vodkacopy.png
  • edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    SillyStell, I honestly wish this was an animated series. I would watch it!

Just one thing though. In the third box/frame, it should be 'would have' and not 'would of'. Sorry, I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, but I just thought I'd let you know because it's a really common mistake. Otherwise, the comic is great! It's incredible how you manage to keep your characters consistent from frame to frame, and the amount of charisma in their faces is great!

It's ok, I know my spelling is bad at times, I was a pretty slow kid when I was in primary school and I still kinda am today so it's good when someone tells me I've made a mistake.

Thanks for the feedbacks :D

Also Fealiks, your comics are great, simple but still manage to get me to chuckle everytime :)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Oh man, I should check in on this thread more often. This stuff is gold!
  • edited June 2010
    Indeed it is Will, I need to work on more crap...

and since this is general art I could post some of my clay stuff on here
  • edited June 2010
    I am minus one camera right now so I can't post new stuff for the time being but when I get a new camera I'll start posting again.

Got a whole bunch of soft color pastels the other day so I should have some color drawings to post eventually. :)

Great stuff everyone.

edit: lol Winnie the Pooh is real?!? That was a pretty funny comic actually. I'm trying to develop a character myself, just one I can play around with and put into interesting situations/stories but so far I haven't gotten much done on that. Anyways, keep it up! You seem to have a flare for writing comics, definitely!
  • edited June 2010
    lootg.png
  • edited June 2010
    I have laughed at every cartoon I've seen by you Fealiks. Keep them coming!
  • edited June 2010
    Teeheehee....

Loot.:D:D
  • edited June 2010
    Aurgh, I hate coming up with colour schemes, so I ask a favor of you, Telltale forums! Which of these colour schemes do you like the best?
    KatrinaWIPcopy.png?t=1277958159
    KatrinaWIPcopy2.png?t=1277958225
    KatrinaWIPcopy3.png?t=1277958249
    KatrinaWIPcopy4.png?t=1277958205
  • edited June 2010
    @Cheri: I think I like the blue and purple one best.

@Fealiks: I like your comics. Keep 'em coming.

@SillyStell: Brilliant. That's all I have to say.
  • edited June 2010
    Definitely the blue & purple one Cheri. Though the green and yellow combination is growing on me.
  • edited June 2010
    I like the last one, but with a darker green. The second one is nice too.
  • edited June 2010
    Definitely green and yellow! 2 and 3 are striking but in the same way as any garish combination might be. The fourth one is better, but it's almost TOO normal and understated for the design of this particular character.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, I find the last one less clashing, but the colours are too normal, like it looks like skin colour and stuff. But still, it hurts my eyes the least.
    The first one REALLY doesn't work for me though. The yellow's much too bright.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.