The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited June 2010
    KatrinaWIPcopy5.png?t=1277963935
    Adding another scheme just to make things harder for y'all, but it seems the purple scheme is popular anyways.
  • edited July 2010
    Is it weird that I think all of those are hot?
  • edited July 2010
    You're talking to a girl who fangirls Earthworm Jim, I don't think I have the right to judge your 'weirdness'. xD
  • edited July 2010
    golfa.png
  • edited July 2010
    Now I wish I had a waffle iron...
  • edited July 2010
    BLUErefsheetcopy.png?t=1278046368
    New character, yay! His name is B.L.U.E, and I haven't really decided what it stands for yet. But hes a bodyguard/gentleman robot who ends up being Katrina's 'sidekick', if you will.
  • edited July 2010
    Wow, you really put a lot of character into your.. characters :p
  • edited July 2010
    Gee, I wonder why he's called B.L.U.E. Couldnt have anything to do with the fact that he's blue, could it?

Sorry about that, it's 4 in the morning, I burnt my tongue and Im just now getting slightly tired
  • edited July 2010
    @Remolay: Yes, his creators are extremely ironic people.
    @Fealiks: Thank you! I try to do that as much as possible with all my characters.
  • edited July 2010
    Nice character designs! Love the movement and the expression :D
  • edited July 2010
    Whilst I fight with photoshop and lack of a tablet, I give you a sneak peak of my latest work. Dark Elf in an Urban Setting. Or just Remolay in Detroit or something like that.

picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=2124

at the top there was supposed to be a TARDIS, it got cut off during the scan
  • edited July 2010
    So I just finished the first version of the storyboard for my graduation short; Invaders. Of course it's way too long and there's still a lot that has to change. Anyway, here are some pics from the storyboard:

InvadersStoryboard1.png
  • edited July 2010
    ohhhh i wish i was this good!
  • edited July 2010
    I did this nearly over a year ago...

One of my many rabbit characters for a comic project I'm still trying to figure out.
    (Sorry, but I watermark all of my original works on the Internet.)

4f7f845d97479a62ceabac0360febdd9.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    Favorite_Characters_Meme_by_Ginny_N.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Favorite_Characters_Meme_by_Ginny_N.jpg

Ummm... let's see, Mario, a Sesame Street character(?), Jimmy Neutron, Sora, LazyTown dudes(?), Sam, that long nosed guy from OnePiece(?), Nelson Tethers.

I couldn't guess panels 3 and 9.
  • edited July 2010
    Ummm... let's see, Mario

Right!
    a Sesame Street character(?),

Really close, really!
    Jimmy Neutron, Sora,

Yes and Yes
    LazyTown dudes(?),

Yes...
    Sam,

I'm pretty sure that white thing in front is not for decoration only... but yes...
    that long nosed guy from OnePiece(?),

Yep ^^! Ussop!
    Nelson Tethers.

Yep!
    I couldn't guess panels 3 and 9.

The day somebody can guess panel 3 it's going to be one of the happiest days in my life. Panel 9 is not that difficult. I think...
  • edited July 2010
    i honestly couldn't see max until you mentioned him!
  • edited July 2010
    I think 3 is that guy from your own webcomic (guess)

and the Pannel 9 is Ririko(I think) from Legendz, either that or the new princess from Galaxy
  • edited July 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I think 3 is that guy from your own webcomic (guess)

and the Pannel 9 is Ririko(I think) from Legendz, either that or the new princess from Galaxy

Nope and Nope. This is the worst clue I can give, but well: Both characters, of panel 3 and 9, are Canadian!
  • edited July 2010
    I did this nearly over a year ago...

One of my many rabbit characters for a comic project I'm still trying to figure out.
    (Sorry, but I watermark all of my original works on the Internet.)

From looking at your dA account, you have a very snazzy and soft coloring style that I really like. I love the pastelish colors.
  • edited July 2010
    Oy, All I know that comes from canada is justin Bieber and Red Green. And Total Drama Island and 16, which I dont watch
  • edited July 2010
    Oy, All I know that comes from canada is ****** ****** and Red Green. And Total Drama Island and 16, which I dont watch

Rush
    Nickelback
    Graham Annable

...I do know of more great talent that Canada has produced, but I can't think of them right now.
  • edited July 2010
    A. How could I forget Rush
    B. Nickelback and Graham Annable are from Canada!?
    C. I also forgot Celine Dion (sp?)
  • edited July 2010
    A. How could I forget Rush

Awesome! A fellow Rush fan on the TTG Forums :).
    B. Nickelback and Graham Annable are from Canada!?

You bet. I was quite surprised when I found out about those as well.
    C. I also forgot Celine Dion (sp?)

*shiver*
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, I'm a rush fan, my favorite rush songs, believe it or not, are Freewill and Cinderella Man.

Bet you though I was going to say Tom Sawyer and YYZ.

I need to get that art thing done to keep this on topic
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, I'm a rush fan, my favorite rush songs, believe it or not, are Freewill and Cinderella Man.

Pretty good choices! I personally really like basically everything off of the 'Snake and Arrows' album, as well as the songs "Something for Nothing" and "Cut to the Chase". "Nobody's Hero" and their two latest tracks are also pretty damn good as well. Alright, I better stop there before I go on too much.
    Bet you though I was going to say Tom Sawyer and YYZ.

That's what I'd expect most people to say.
    I need to get that art thing done to keep this on topic

Yes, good point. I'm afraid that I'm quite good at turning threads into personal, unrelated conversations.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm pretty sure Michael J Fox is Canadian too. I know for sure Jim Carrey is. I think Matthew Perry too? Modern dialysis (filtering people's blood when they don't have working kidneys) was largely made possible by a Canadian (can't remember exactly, I think he invented the modern method or machine or something).

Canadian aren't as completely nationalistic as some other citizens (Us, France, I'm looking at you) so often you just don't know. But there are and have been lots of famous Canadians.
    It's made a bit harder by the fact more people than you think are both Canadian and American (the actors I mentioned above are actually both if I'm not mistaken).

EDIT: Leonard Cohen! Can't forget Leonard freaking Cohen.
  • edited July 2010
    John Candy, Brendan Fraser, Michael Ironside (Sam Fisher :D), Eugene Levy, Keanu Reeves and probably lots of other people who I can't remember are from Canadia*.

Anyway, to keep this on topic, here's something I posted ages ago in the Monkey Island art thread but nobody commented on it so I'll post it here ^_^

lechucksrevengesmallcro.png

(big)

The reason it looks so bare is because I was going to put boxarty stuff like a title on it but never got round to it (feel free to do that if you want) >.>

*Canada's real name
  • edited July 2010
    Who started this LEGENDERY gimmick? I mean why should all fan art threads be legendary?
  • edited July 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    John Candy, Brendan Fraser, Michael Ironside (Sam Fisher :D), Eugene Levy, Keanu Reeves and probably lots of other people who I can't remember are from Canadia*.
    Don't forget William Shatner... ;)

np: Burger/Ink - Twelve Miles High (Las Vegas 2010)
  • edited July 2010
    i honestly couldn't see max until you mentioned him!

Me neither, to be honest! ^^;
  • edited July 2010
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    Who started this LEGENDERY gimmick? I mean why should all fan art threads be legendary?

all art threads ar legen-wait for it-dary, of course
  • edited July 2010
    From looking at your dA account, you have a very snazzy and soft coloring style that I really like. I love the pastelish colors.

Aw, cheers! Much appreciated. :D
  • edited July 2010
    all art threads are legen-wait for it-dary, of course
    so I assume they are well suited up too...

heh yeah, you are not gonna believe it, but I just started watching How I met your mother hours ago, I started watching after I said that!
  • edited July 2010
    I think I started the legendary thing with the fanart thread for Monkey Island stuff. But mostly because I was thinking of the legendary fanart of the old days :P
  • edited July 2010
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    so I assume they are well suited up too...

heh yeah, you are not gonna believe it, but I just started watching How I met your mother hours ago, I started watching after I said that!

You mean for the first time ever?
  • edited July 2010
    I definitely noticed Max in the picture of Sam&Max, and I think Ginny's Nelson looks awesome.
  • edited July 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I definitely noticed Max in the picture of Sam&Max, and I think Ginny's Nelson looks awesome.

Yay! Thanks ^^!

Here's the answers, if someone is still interested:
    * Mario ^^!
    * Abelardo from Plaza Sésamo (Something like the LatinAmerican Version of Sesame Street). And I'm aware he doesn't look like. I guess is the eyes T_T
    * Galileo and Stacks from a old Canadian Puppet Show called Groundling Marsh.
    * Jimmy Neutron and Goddard (The Dog)
    * Sora from Kingdom Hearts (And Donald's Hand!)
    * Stephanie and Pixel from Lazy Town (I love Pixel because he's the Nerd)
    * SAM & MAX!
    * Ussop from One Piece
    * Zii from a Webcomic called Menage a 3 (Because she's hilarious)
    * Nelson Tethers.
  • edited July 2010
    Is this considered art?

xfs35u.jpg

It's a LEGO rendition of the cover of Ned Vizzini's It's Kind of A Funny Story, which happened to be featured on his website.

More of my LEGO Stuff is on here.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.