The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    I really shouldn't be shy about sharing your work. I think that looks really good! Is it a piece of fan art, or is this an original concept?

Original... kinda. The dog is my actaully dog and the ginger girl is me, the goggle guy came to my head when I was trying to sleep one night.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah quit being shy you could make money as a artist. This thread is awesome. I'd have to spend time on something before posting it in here.
  • edited May 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    You could make money as a artist.

Agreed. I'm currently going through your deviantArt at the moment, SillyStell. There's some great stuff in there! Your dragons are really cool, relatively simple and cartoon-y, but cool. And is the goat guy an original as well?
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Agreed. I'm currently going through your deviantArt at the moment, SillyStell. There's some great stuff in there! Your dragons are really cool, relatively simple and cartoon-y, but cool. And is the goat guy an original as well?

Yup! Wow thanks for such kind feedback, it's been awhile since I've drawn Goat Guy, I'll have to get to him at some point
  • edited May 2010
    SillyStell wrote: »
    Yup! Wow thanks for such kind feedback, it's been awhile since I've drawn Goat Guy, I'll have to get to him at some point

For a second what I read was, "I have to go stare at goat guy now" and all I could think was, "She can't mean... No she couldn't mean... It must have been a misread, because no one would willingly..."
  • edited May 2010
    eh, might as well post some stuff
    KeetsykeetskeetsWIPcopy.png?t=1275151827
    My main original character, Keets. He's a bumbling, derpy, mage fishman whose gotta save the universe. Yeah, I think we're all doomed there.

DSCN1040.jpg?t=1275152192
    Heres the whole group. If you can't read my writing, there's Keets, Bantam, ( better reference of him here. ) Fitzgerald and Liberty. I've been putting off working with these guys for too long. I should get back on that.
  • edited May 2010
    SillyStell: really like your art style. Does the mad scientist have a rat head for a hand?

Cheri: looks like all the characters are developed, what kind of project are they a part of?
  • edited May 2010
    SillyStell, I actually thought that mad scientist was Suro at first XD Change the nose and handpuppet (I see what you did there!) and you've got him down perfectly!
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Cheri: looks like all the characters are developed, what kind of project are they a part of?
    A personal project, if you will. I've always done fanart and fanfic ideas and stuff, I wanted to see how well I'd be able to create my own world and characters. I'd like to do a webcomic or something with them someday, though.
  • edited May 2010
    Just click the 'Some of my Drawings' in my signature, then start clicking 'previous.' :)

Maybe I'll post some of my favs in the actual thread later though...

edit: lots of really cool stuff in here. Hmmm, ok I'll post a couple real quick.

Jim the original fry cook.
    dscf0005t.jpg

Patton
    dscf0032o.jpg

Bub from Day of the Dead. [drawn in somewhat of a hurry]
    dscf0014d.jpg

Random Pirate Skeleton
    dscf0045jj.jpg

Shambler from Quake one, I love Quake one. [drawn in about 10 minutes]
    dscf00063.jpg

Warped self portrait
    dscf00023.jpg

Random Model [obviously drawn in a bit of a hurry]
    dscf0040h.jpg

Too much? sorry if it is, let me know. Don't wanna crash the page. : \

There's only a few I didn't post from the 'some of my drawings' link just so ya know.

These were all drawn in the last two months, including the stuff from the Sam & Max thread, except for pirate skeleton... He's kinda old... Done with number 2 pencil lol.

Btw: for the record, I want to draw/help make cartoons for a living... Any kind would be fine... Soooo, that's why I am working on my art... Just felt like sharing. :o
  • edited May 2010
    Hurn.jpg

I love those little weasel things, what are those? They're cool. : )
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    Just click the 'Some of my Drawings' in my signature, then start clicking 'previous.' :)

Maybe I'll post some of my favs in the actual thread later though...

edit: lots of really cool stuff in here. Hmmm, ok I'll post a couple real quick.

Jim the original fry cook.
    dscf0005t.jpg

Patton
    dscf0032o.jpg

Bub from Day of the Dead. [drawn in somewhat of a hurry]
    dscf0014d.jpg

Random Pirate Skeleton
    dscf0045jj.jpg

Shambler from Quake one, I love Quake one. [drawn in about 10 minutes]
    dscf00063.jpg

Warped self portrait
    dscf00023.jpg

Random Model [obviously drawn in a bit of a hurry]
    dscf0040h.jpg

Too much? sorry if it is, let me know. Don't wanna crash the page. : \

There's only a few I didn't post from the 'some of my drawings' link just so ya know.

These were all drawn in the last two months, including the stuff from the Sam & Max thread, except for pirate skeleton... He's kinda old... Done with number 2 pencil lol.

Btw: for the record, I want to draw/help make cartoons for a living... Any kind would be fine... Soooo, that's why I am working on my art... Just felt like sharing. :o

It's ALL good!
  • edited May 2010
    Scrawffler wrote: »
    Gah, you people are talented!

That ice cream picture is nice. And PecanBlue, your concept art looks really interesting!

Here's some abstract art I created a couple of years ago:

The_Rhythm_Of_Life_by_Scrawffler.png

Or, here's the updated version from my website:
    http://www.reincarmation.com/images/rol.png
    (just posting the link because the full image will stretch the thread)

Everything is made up of waves/ vibrations. Clever art work.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    SillyStell: really like your art style. Does the mad scientist have a rat head for a hand?

It's a ferret, the guy loved em and wanted to be one with them.
    Lena_P wrote: »
    SillyStell, I actually thought that mad scientist was Suro at first XD Change the nose and handpuppet (I see what you did there!) and you've got him down perfectly!

Wow, maybe the image was just stuck in my mind or something XD
    I love those little weasel things, what are those? They're cool. : )

Your very close, ferrets, nippy little buggers! Also awesome art work by the way, keep up the good work, ya doing ace :D
  • edited May 2010
    @SillyStell & The Highway: Thanks! :D
  • edited May 2010
    Here are some sketches of the doctor. I basicly wanted to draw him with his goggles up, look at his beedy eyes! Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I suffer from the stupid.

RefDr.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    @SillyStell: Haha! A ferret with full control of the arm! V. good! I love all the expressions you have given Dr Huron.
  • edited May 2010
    I-I'm so nervous about posting... ;A;

well anyway I thought I'd share some stuff with you...

Just a random MMD model I made of vocaloid Kagamine Rin in the theme of Black Rock Shooter
    BRS_Rin_Model_Preview_by_MangaChibehFox.png

Pixel Hunter I drew in class xD
    pixal_huntar_by_MangaChibehFox.png

Little doodle of a wolf
    i76a03.png

Pixel I made for my friend's birthday c:
    Maiden_on_Beauty__Okali_by_MangaChibehFox.pngAll the other stuff in my dA gallery is unworthy of showing ;n;
  • edited May 2010
    I

Just a random MMD model I made of vocaloid Kagamine Rin in the theme of Black Rock Shooter
    BRS_Rin_Model_Preview_by_MangaChibehFox.png
    ;

What exactly did you use to do that and where do I get it?
  • edited May 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    What exactly did you use to do that and where do I get it?

xDDD It's MikuMikuDance and I used PMD Editor to make her. C:
  • edited May 2010
    Haha, I'm a fan of Dr Huron, I love all of the sketches of him. I love "goggles down when being evil", and how innocent and nice he looks with his goggles up (well, except in the last sketch I guess).
  • edited May 2010
    Here's a collage I did for school. Too large to post so I'll just link it.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2374/dscf0023ht.jpg

Keep it up everyone this thread is turning into one of my favorites. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Here's a collage I did for school. Too large to post so I'll just link it.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2374/dscf0023ht.jpg

Keep it up everyone this thread is turning into one of my favorites. :)

Nice! Imagery blends really well together, keep it up dude!
  • edited June 2010
    InvadersSpace.png
    Twerp.png
  • edited June 2010
    Here I was practicing drawing water. I kind of went a bit overboard with the smudge tool, but it was just practice, and I like how it turned out.
    Water.png
  • edited June 2010
    Junaid wrote: »
    InvadersSpace.png

I love the atmosphere you have here. I love starry spacey backgrounds.
  • edited June 2010
    Why does Junaid no have his own cartoon series yet?

seriously, you should pitch these things as a show somewheres
  • edited June 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    Why does Junaid no have his own cartoon series yet?

seriously, you should pitch these things as a show somewheres

Haha thanks
    I'm currently still studying animation and these pics are concept art from what will probably be my graduation short, so it will move someday :)

The Netherlands is a pretty crappy place for traditional 2D animators to be honest, especially if you're talking about tv series because they import everything here. That said, I was an intern the last year at Anikey Studios and their goal is to bring animation back to our little cheap country :)
  • edited June 2010
    And here is another one. These ships will be 3D, Futurama style

TwerpShip.png
  • edited June 2010
    Nice Junaid! Good luck! :)

Can you post the short here when it's done?

Nice! Imagery blends really well together, keep it up dude!

Thank you. :D I will keep it up, as soon as I get some sleep first. : ]
  • edited June 2010
    Can you post the short here when it's done?

Seconded. It'd be a shame to see all of the awesome artwork, but not the finished product. It's shaping up to look very good. Will it have voice acting? Or will all of the characters be mute?
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah I will post it once it's done but keep in mind that I just started pre-pre-production :p
    So it won't be done for another year, maybe longer

Oh and it won't have dialogue
  • edited June 2010
    Aaaand two more..

Boz.png
    Twerp+and+the+Rocklings.png
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Junaid, please do post the final cut when it's done (as well as any further concepts, of course)! I'm really starting to feel for the little pink one-eyed underdog.
  • edited June 2010
    qy7t4h.jpg

A bug playing the drums. Obviously.

@Junaid: I want a plushie of your lil' pink fella! Has he got a name by the way?
  • edited June 2010
    Aye! He's called Twerp. The bad guy (with the flashy underpants) is called Boz :)
  • edited June 2010
    What about Tri-Eye Green-Guy there? Does he have a name to go with that smug face of his?
  • edited June 2010
    That was the first design for Boz but it was way too boring to keep. Now he's a disgusting evil space lord person
  • edited June 2010
    Ah, okay. Yeah, he doesn't exactly look like much of a villain. Perhaps a sidekick or co-villain of some sort would suit him more. Just judging off that one picture.
  • edited June 2010
    Just felt like sharing a comic I did. I don't think it's the funniest one I've done but once I get an idea for a comic I sketch it out as quickly as I can before I forget it.

ooky_isn__t_it_by_SillyStell.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.