Devil´s Playhouse release waiting thread

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
So, to keep in tradition with other Telltale releases.
Here we can post while waiting for the Devils Playhouse release.

To start with an old familiar phrase:
Where is it? It's 4 past 12 already!!!
I wanna play!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    1 am here.

D:
  • edited April 2010
    18:08 P.M. of Wednesday.

Waiting patienly.

The worst thing is, far we check, if Telltale is in the present, everyone else is in the Future, except Easter Island and Hawaii
  • edited April 2010
    I'm glad that my college course allows us to visit vet hospitals and such on certain days. Being distracted by animals should help me cope until I get home.

Unless I come across an Irish Wolfhound. Then I'm screwed.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm gonna play Reality 2.0 for a while.
    I'll be back though!
  • edited April 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Unless I come across an Irish Wolfhound. Then I'm screwed.

What's about a bunny?
  • edited April 2010
    Unless I'm mistaken, the game won't be released until tomorrow, right?
  • edited April 2010
    Joop wrote: »
    I'm gonna play Reality 2.0 for a while.
    I'll be back though!

If you take your time for a long time listening to all dialouges and etc...

...you might not be the one who downloads it first.
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    Unless I'm mistaken, the game won't be released until tomorrow, right?

True. It's only that tomorrow is today.
  • edited April 2010
    Doing fan art! doing fan art!
  • edited April 2010
    I dunno if you all realized, but there's a countdown to a Noon PST release on the main page.
  • edited April 2010
    I thought it was for the preorder option to end, not the release of the epis...

...oh. If the episode is released, it won't be 'PREORDER' anyway.

...20 HOURS?!
  • edited April 2010
    Screw you timezone-systemthingie, SCREW YOU!

Can't we just turn off this whole timezone-thing? Maybe just all agree that it's a bad idea and hope it goes away? It's just damn annoying for everyone. I mean, sure, some people would have a really dark daytime, but I don't care as long as it's not here and I get to play Sam & Max the right day according to _MY_ clock.

Alternately, how about we make several artificial light sources or bring in a couple more suns with a space-lasso so that we can have daytime simultaneously everywhere?
  • edited April 2010
    If it had come one day earlier I would have been able to play it... I'll have to wait til Satuday evening now. Shoot.
  • edited April 2010
    lersveen wrote: »
    Screw you timezone-systemthingie, SCREW YOU!

Can't we just turn off this whole timezone-thing? Maybe just all agree that it's a bad idea and hope it goes away? It's just damn annoying for everyone. I mean, sure, some people would have a really dark daytime, but I don't care as long as it's not here and I get to play Sam & Max the right day according to _MY_ clock.

Alternately, how about we make several artificial light sources or bring in a couple more suns with a space-lasso so that we can have daytime simultaneously everywhere?

Well I just hate the SUN. You know, always too bright-to-look and giving innocent tourists sunburns and when you say those in its face, it's all 'YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO LIVE WITHOUT ME' and crap like that. If we just get rid of the sun, there won't be daytime so noone will care timezones since it's ALWAYS night in EVERYWHERE.

Ha? Ha? High-fives?
  • edited April 2010
    I dunno if you all realized, but there's a countdown to a Noon PST release on the main page.

How many times these guys have change the main page this year?

No really, I wonder.
  • edited April 2010
    actually, it runs off your system clock. I assume 3pst now.
  • edited April 2010
    If it had come one day earlier I would have been able to play it... I'll have to wait til Satuday evening now. Shoot.

Oh, well, I just announced my day off of school for tomorrow and now it's said that it'll come out 20 HOURS later. Well, both friday and sunday I have exams so I don't REALLY think I'll have some time to play the game in this week besides tomorrow.
  • edited April 2010
    If that countdown is correct, then we won't get to play until 9 pm tonight here. Europeans always get screwed over by these releases anyway, I mean come on, it's only fair that we get the release during our business hours.
  • edited April 2010
    okay so nevermind again. noon pst. definately.
  • edited April 2010
    Thaaaaaat kinda blows for me.
  • edited April 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Well I just hate the SUN. You know, always too bright-to-look and giving innocent tourists sunburns and when you say those in its face, it's all 'YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO LIVE WITHOUT ME' and crap like that. If we just get rid of the sun, there won't be daytime so noone will care timezones since it's ALWAYS night in EVERYWHERE.

Ha? Ha? High-fives?

That works too. I really don't care, as long as I can just get to download Sam & Max already!
  • edited April 2010
    Suddenly the plan of threatening the humanity by destroying the sun, so that I can download the long-awaited episode of Sam and Max sounded.. BRILLIANT!
  • edited April 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Suddenly the plan of threatening the humanity by destroying the sun, so that I can download the long-awaited episode of Sam and Max sounded.. BRILLIANT!

Well I don't see how these sun-destroying activities could have any negative consequences whatsoever (other than 301 being played through slightly earlier than originally intended thus resulting in a longer wait for 302), so it's clearly a cunning plan.
  • edited April 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    (other than 301 being finished earlier than originally intended thus resulting in a longer wait for 302)

Denied: Long term. I mean who cares long term problems? It's not like because humanity wants to evolve in a faster rate, we'll encounter global warming sooner!

Wait...
  • edited April 2010
    Destroying the Sun. Seems pretty practical to me!

Pros:

-Something about Sam and Max. I don't quite get it.
    -No more global warming!
    -No more glare on TVs and computer screens!
    -Don't have to buy sunscreen
    -People won't excuse their horrible errors with "The sun got in my eyes!"
    -It stops the solar-powered robots

Sounds good to me!
  • edited April 2010
    20 more hours?
    Then April 15 is almost over... oh well.

And permission granted to blow up the sun. I like the dark better anyway, is there any other reason needed?
  • edited April 2010

It's quite simple:

Phase 1 - Destroy the Sun
    Phase 2 - Download Sam & Max
    Phase 3 - Profit!
  • edited April 2010

Pros:

-No more global warming!

Sounds good to me!

Not to mention that you'll be relieved of the guilt of sitting inside playing games all day instead of going out and doing something. It's not like it's gonna be sunny outside anyways.
  • edited April 2010
    Does the game launch ad midnight?
  • edited April 2010
    Not to mention that you'll be relieved of the guilt of sitting inside playing games all day instead of going out and doing something. It's not like it's gonna be sunny outside anyways.
    I actually prefer to go outside when it's windy and overcast. This is probably because I'm a born New Yorker living in the South, but it could also be that I'm just a terrible person.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010

Pros:

-No more global warming!

Sounds good to me!

People can also totally safely leave children and pets in parked cars for prolonged periods.

And observatories will probably be at least 50% more productive. Think of the great leaps in astronomical knowledge that await!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Does the game launch ad midnight?

I say this every time and don't even get tired of it :)

The game launches during the daytime on the 15th, Pacific Time, where Telltale is located.

We don't deploy at midnight GMT or anything like that, because we want the whole team to be in the office when we deploy. We do this for your own good! If anything goes wrong, or if a last minute surprise fire comes up, especially right after the game is launched, we want to be able to fix it as quickly as possible.

If we launched at midnight GMT, the people on call to help fix problems would be a small skeleton crew of the web team. Nobody to answer support, nobody to debug something in the game's unlock/download system, etc. I promise that even though the wait is a few extra hours into a weird time zone for parts of the world, it makes things go way smoother!
  • edited April 2010
    We can still destroy the sun, right?
  • edited April 2010
    Thank god I'm Pacific. I'd hate being in another timezone for this.
  • edited April 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Thank god I'm Pacific. I'd hate being in another timezone for this.
    I see nothing wrong with Eastern.
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I say this every time and don't even get tired of it :)

And I never get tired of reading it. It's part of why I started this thread.

Anyway, I´m back, I´ve just finished Reality 2.0 for the first time, what a great ending! :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    We can still destroy the sun, right?

Sure sure.
  • edited April 2010
    Reminds me that I never played through more than a little bit of Reality 2.0. Only episode I haven't finished.

Hm, I think it had something to do with that I started playing on some PC, and then later continued playing the games in crossover on my mac without access to that PC. Ended up just dropping the rest of Reality 2.0 temporarily. Just saw it as more of a hassle than fun to repeat lots of stuff.

Think I'll play through it whenever mac-builds are released, crossover is too much of a hassle. And there was that bug with NPCs looking all shiny. Eww.
    Jake wrote: »
    Sure sure.
    Could you also ask Max nicely if he could help us with that using his new psychic power?
  • edited April 2010
    Just play it. The ending is worth all the repeating, and don't tell me you've got anything better to do while waiting for THE DEVIL'S PLAYHOUSE....
  • edited April 2010
    You WON'T have a better time to finish that awesome episode, really.
  • edited April 2010
    Well, the thing is that I haven't got access to a decent windows PC at the moment and installing in Crossover is such a pain. Think I'll wait, maybe read the comics and watch the tv-series instead.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.