Devil´s Playhouse release waiting thread

Comments

• edited April 2010
    What episode is he up to?
  • edited April 2010
    He's at the end of Beelzebub, but he probably won't want to play it tomorrow, then he'll be at work and stuff. Plus, he plays slowly, like an hour at a time, and in that time he barely has time to remember where he was last time (he plays like once a month or something) so he ends up doing nothing.
    And the few times he plays longer, it crashes and frustrates him so he stops. Then he's even more confused the next time because he remembers doing things but has to do them again...

Yeah. I'll see if I can suggest he plays more of it tomorrow, but I don't think he'll finish it for a bit. I'll still try installing and launching Season 3 just to know if it works on our computer. The first two crash it a lot.
  • edited April 2010
    That last part is probably a good idea, judging from the trailers this third season looks a lot more advanced and updated than the previous two seasons.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    He's at the end of Beelzebub, but he probably won't want to play it tomorrow, then he'll be at work and stuff. Plus, he plays slowly, like an hour at a time, and in that time he barely has time to remember where he was last time (he plays like once a month or something) so he ends up doing nothing.

Ouch! Calculation: If every episode has 3 hours of gameplay, and he plays one hour a month, and has not yet finished the last episode of Season 2, and you'll only play when he does...

...you'll finish the new season in 16 months, that's October 2011!! :D :D
    Jake wrote: »
    It's half past midnight, here in California. Which means, its probably ~8 hours until people even end up in the office, at 8:30-9:00am in the morning to start the day.

So, if you are planning on staying awake through the night or something, you shouldn't :)

MAJOR ToMI flashback reading Jake's post!! :D :D
  • edited April 2010
    Tales Season 2 will probably be released then.
  • edited April 2010
    lol I only just finished Season 2 last night. :D I was a bit late starting the season anyway, and have been pretty busy the past few months. But I was hoping to finish it by today and still managed to do that (I started the last episode over a week ago, then didn't get round to it again until a couple of days ago - turned out I was right near the end when I started playing yesterday). So in other words, I have Season 2 fresh in my mind and am all set for Season 3!

I agree with haydenwce27 about Chariots being the best episode yet. In fact, I think the last 3 of Season 2 have all been especially awesome. And there were parts of Beelzebub that really made me laugh.
  • edited April 2010
    Ah, not long now. The question is, do I wait around on the website for it tonight, or go off and play something else and check back later? Got all day at work to ponder this, hmmm...
  • edited April 2010
    **** poppers
    that is all.
  • edited April 2010
    It's released the ideal time here (evening), so nothing in my way to play it immediately, and ignore these forums till I am done.

Hopefully it's more difficult than ToMI... then I can get quite some hours noobing about.

As answer to Avistew: Yup, first time waiting. I got S&M1, 2 and ToMI only after the entire seasons were out (since I wouldn't want to wait a month between each episode) but I decided to sit this one out from the start :D.
  • edited April 2010
    Half of the day is already over and still no sign of Sam&Max Season3 Episode 1 yet.

How can you TTG dare?!

I'm utterly (always wanted to type that word) dissapointed! :O)
  • edited April 2010
    Ouch! Calculation: If every episode has 3 hours of gameplay, and he plays one hour a month, and has not yet finished the last episode of Season 2, and you'll only play when he does...

...you'll finish the new season in 16 months, that's October 2011!! :D :D

Don't worry, it will be much faster when we're playing together :P
  • edited April 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Half of the day is already over and still no sign of Sam&Max Season3 Episode 1 yet.

How can you TTG dare?!

I'm utterly (always wanted to type that word) dissapointed! :O)

I think after a lot of backlash over Monkey Island being released so late in most countries, they've been careful to specifcally say it'll be released on the 15th PST.

If you're in Australia, don't expect it until tomorrow and if you're in the UK/Europe it likely won't be until quite late.
  • edited April 2010
    September 2011?

But then you have to wait a month for ToMI2! :p
  • edited April 2010
    Well I usually finish them in a couple of days or so, and he'll definitely play for more than an hour at a time if it's with me, so I think we'll finish the episodes before the next one is released for sure, but I couldn't tell you how long it will take exactly (he doesn't have much time off).
  • edited April 2010
    Well sadly I wont be able to play today.
    I cant install it until it comes out, and I wont be at my PC for a while today.
    And once I finally install it, it will be late and well I get sleppy easily. Also I might be avoiding this forums for spoilers.
  • edited April 2010
    Well there is something about waiting in agony for the episodes to be released, it makes the wait more worthwhile. I played the first 2 seasons when they were already released, I only really waited for RotPG in Tales, and it was in a way more memorable then playing the episodes that were already out. This forum community has alot to do with that I think.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm going to bed, and if it's not out when I get up at 8, I will be very disappointed in Telltale. I will be so disappointed that I will post a thread in this forum describing my disappointment in detail, with copious use of :mad: and :confused: in both the thread title and the post itself.

Disappointed!

...Actually, I should probably go to bed right now.
  • edited April 2010
    Alright, I'm back after a nights good sleep and a morning of voice over work.
    What did I miss?
    Oh... Still no release... Dang........
  • I can´t stand the wait....please gimme gimme
  • edited April 2010
    Took a free day for playing this game, it's now 3 pm...
    IWANNAPLAY
  • edited April 2010
    Joop wrote: »
    Alright, I'm back after a nights good sleep and a morning of voice over work.
    What did I miss?
    Oh... Still no release... Dang........
    If the counter is indeed a downloadtimer, then we get it 9PM.
    Hope you don't have an intensive workday tomorrow :p.
  • edited April 2010
    If the counter is indeed a downloadtimer, then we get it 9PM.
    Hope you don't have an intensive workday tomorrow :p.

No, I don't. But my girl's coming over the entire day, which I like, but I won't be able to play Sam and Max. ;)
    And after Sunday, I'll be in Hilversum (my 2nd home) for 2 weeks, so I won't be able to play it then either! :(
    I hope I get some Sam and Max time tonight. :p
  • edited April 2010
    No, I don't. But my girl's coming over the entire day
    When you get the choice between your children and Sam&Max you choose your children?
    For shame... you are not worthy of Sam&Max!
  • edited April 2010
    When you get the choice between your children and Sam&Max you choose your children?
    For shame... you are not worthy of Sam&Max!

Ick... Children... No!!! You misunderstood.
    I meant my girlFRIEND. I'm not really planning to have children just yet.
  • edited April 2010
    Oops, confused you with the guy who had twins at 18. Wasn't you then I guess.

Point still stands though, you don't deserve S&M putting your girl above them (creepyness in line intended ;)).
  • edited April 2010
    Well... I can't have sex with The Devil's Playhouse... At least not with the DOWNLOAD VERSION... (creepyness in line intended;)).
  • edited April 2010
    Well... I can't have sex with The Devil's Playhouse

I'm willing to bet someone here is going to prove you wrong on that one
  • edited April 2010
    Oops, confused you with the guy who had twins at 18. Wasn't you then I guess.

I don't want to know how you interpreted his line about being too busy with her to have time to play the game, followed by a wink.

EDIT: Also, it's Irishmile
  • edited April 2010
    Considering I thought he was talking about his daughters, I didn't interpretate the wink as the way it should have been (that would have been... disturbing).

But... eh... look behind you! A three-headed Max!
  • edited April 2010
    Well... I can't have sex with The Devil's Playhouse...

Multitask! Find the right positioning and you can do both!
  • edited April 2010
    so the Fem-Bot said: "Hey, that's not my input!"
    And the Man-Bot answered: "It's not my extension rod B either!"

I really can't wait for the game !
  • edited April 2010
    Well... I can't have sex with The Devil's Playhouse... At least not with the DOWNLOAD VERSION... (creepyness in line intended;)).
    caeska wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet someone here is going to prove you wrong on that one

Where's doodo when you need him?
  • edited April 2010
    Patience is a sharp razor to swallow, little buddies.

I'm just wondering if the forums will beat the old record of most users logged in:

Most users ever online was 1,335, 07/07/2009 at 06:04 pm.
  • edited April 2010
    Multitask! Find the right positioning and you can do both!

I think the statement was "with the game" not "while playing the game". It is fairly easy to have sex while playing a videogame.
  • edited April 2010
    Its on the europe psn!
  • edited April 2010
    I didn't even mean the wink that way!
    You're all sex crazed maniacs! :eek:
  • edited April 2010
    Avistew's a sex crazed maniac! :eek:

Fixed. Hassat didn't see any innuendo, I'm the one who did.
  • edited April 2010
    I'd still like to see you all being sex crazed maniacs. That would mean we're not the only ones on the forum.
  • edited April 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    It is fairly easy to have sex while playing a videogame.

...joystick.

That is all.
  • edited April 2010
    *checks page count* Yup. Right on schedule with the obligatory sex tangent. Good job, guys! :p

Hmm. Past experience says the episode will release while I'm at work. So I'll probably hang around till the site goes down, hit F5 intermittently, wait for the site to return so I can rest easy with the knowledge that the release hasn't caused anything important to implode on TTG's end, then stay faaaaaar away for however long it takes me to a) commute home, b) download the game, and c) finish it.

... Probably. Telltale has messed with my not really best laid plans more than once, after all.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.