Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak OUT NOW! (Trailer & Reviews!)

Comments

• edited May 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    The 302 icon is up on the Games page. Instead of the Penal Zone portal in the background, we have a film reel.

They're teasing us! Shame on them.
  • edited May 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    The 302 icon is up on the Games page. Instead of the Penal Zone portal in the background, we have a film reel.

You mean... Dis:

samandmax-302.png
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    You mean... Dis:

samandmax-302.png

Yeah, dis. I would have posted it myself.. but... I was lazy.
  • edited May 2010
    I seriously wonder the role of Papier Waite in this episode. I mean, obviously he's important, but exactly, in what?
  • edited May 2010
    I wonder if we'll be playing Sam & Max's actual ancestors, or will we be playing Sam & Max inhabiting the bodies/time/space of their ancestors, or something else? Are the characters we see in the trailer aware that they're part of a 21st century mystery?
  • edited May 2010
    I really hope they fixed the Lag issue with Mac Please.. PLEASE!
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I seriously wonder the role of Papier Waite in this episode. I mean, obviously he's important, but exactly, in what?

According to the villian list and the Button Set description, he's a villian for Season 3. Also if you look at the original DPH trailer, you'll see him in Mama Bosco's lab looking at the view screen. So he must be big.
  • edited May 2010
    Also if you look at the original DPH trailer, you'll see him in Mama Bosco's lab looking at the view screen. So he must be big.
    I'm pretty sure that was just to show that he was in the game. I don't think that it was an actual scene. Same goes with the thing with Sal.
  • edited May 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that was just to show that he was in the game. I don't think that it was an actual scene. Same goes with the thing with Sal.

You're probably right, but still; never rule out the almost impossible/obvious. Maybe that's his great-great-grandson who just happens to look exactly like him, but also remember Superball; he looked the same 40 years ago and is still the same now.
  • edited May 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »

While I'm prefer to be agree with you, it's not that implausible, mostly because he must be dead in that moment and Momma Bosco is trying to come back to life. Ergo, MAYBE something goes wrong in the experiment and, here is.
  • edited May 2010
    kjlk.png?t=1274150354
    wow:confused: some one is old
  • edited May 2010
    Doesn't he appear as a ghost in the character lineup?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Reviews are starting to appear. I linked a few in the first post of this thread. Mixnmojo is also keeping a list going.
  • edited May 2010
    So when's the movie poster gonna show up on the Devil's Playhouse site? I'm dying to see it.
  • edited May 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Doesn't he appear as a ghost in the character lineup?

I don't know really. But I just notice after this chapter we will know all the characters in the "villian" line up (Except for the Clones and Giant Max)
  • edited May 2010
    Wow, the visuals in the Sammun-Mak trailer look fantastic. Makes me think the next Tales of Monkey Island will look incredible.
  • edited May 2010
    Oh wow I can't wait to play this in a few hours, ...LOL JK, I'm in the EU and have a PS3. :(
  • edited May 2010
    So, how long till it's out? 12 midnight? 3 in the morning, 4 in the morning... 11 AM? Any Telltale still up, answer this please?
  • edited May 2010
    So, how long till it's out? 12 midnight? 3 in the morning, 4 in the morning... 11 AM? Any Telltale still up, answer this please?

Knowing that right know it's 11 pm for them, they get in the office between 8 and 9 usually, and don't put it up right away. It was up at noon last time, so I suggest you start checking around then.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    We launch the game during working morning hours, Pacific Time. I've answered this question a few times in the last four-five years I think :)

We don't do midnight launches because we want the whole team to be in the office when the game goes live. Launching a game is usually a relatively painless process, but (as long-time customers of Telltale and other online-based game companies know), it doesn't always go perfectly. If we do midnight launches or other weird late-night things, the risk that something goes wrong is higher, and since it's the middle of the night, we'd be unable to rope people in for tech support, etc. So, we wait until the proper morning when people are all in and prepared for whatever's goin on. It stinks for you guys to have to wait until we all go to sleep, wake up again, and come in to the office in the morning, but I promise that it makes the actual launch of the game go smoother for you.

So yeah, expect the game to go up sometime between 9am and early afternoon, Pacific time. Right now it's 11:10pm (23:10) on Monday the 17th in California, so you've still got a decent wait until it's business hours here on the 18th. We've all still got to go to sleep and stuff :) See you soon!
  • edited May 2010
    Just have a comically large cup of coffee. I am sure Max has one in the office somewhere.

:D
  • edited May 2010
    yay! the icon is revealed! Had a feeling what it would be, but still its awesome!
  • edited May 2010
    Here is my thoughts on Sammun-Mak.

tl;dr: Better storyline/puzzle design, not as funny as The Penal Zone overall

Oh, and mine probably gives the least spoilers out of all the reviews I've seen.
  • edited May 2010
    Morning hours Pacific Time seems totally normal to me. Do you guys organize a special breakfast buffet when that happens, make a real event out of it? Perhaps hack some players' webcams to project their first reactions to the game in the cafeteria?
  • edited May 2010
    9 more hours probably.

I am pretty sure the "IT'S OUT!" thread(s) will be enough, no need hacking webcams (And if they do I am safe, since I got none :)).
  • edited May 2010
    American companies and release times always become frustrating. I mean I get the reasons of why they release when they release, but with the time diff their 9am - early afternoon becomes like 4pm - 10pm in uk. Which is plain agonising wait when ya have naff all to do for the day lol
  • edited May 2010
    Morning hours Pacific Time seems totally normal to me. Do you guys organize a special breakfast buffet when that happens, make a real event out of it? Perhaps hack some players' webcams to project their first reactions to the game in the cafeteria?

No, I think for Muzzled!'s released they said they had muffins.

People asked because they announced ToMI, shipped SBCG4AP DVD, Sam and Max XBLA was released, and Muzzled! was coming out all in the span of two weeks.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm curious for especially this episode but honestly the trailer was meh.

So, what went wrong, again? It's already the 18th since more than 13.5 hours.

*knock knock knock*
  • edited May 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    So, what went wrong, again? It's already the 18th since more than 13.5 hours.

*knock knock knock*
    Read Jake's post again.
  • edited May 2010
    TTG should move their offices to Australia so we get the episode releases earlier.
  • edited May 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    TTG should move their offices to Australia so we get the episode releases earlier.

Here here!
  • edited May 2010
    caeska wrote: »

I have greater chance of emigrating to San Francisco than they have of moving to Australia!
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Read Jake's post again.
    I never ever read his posts, do you?
  • edited May 2010
    help me out here, friends, Ive always sucked at time calculations...

PST = UTC -8
    CEST = CET +1 = UTC +2
    CEST = PST +10

PST 9-11am
    CEST 19-21 - 7-9pm

amidoinitrite? this would be awesome, because I have to go see a play anyways and wont be home until 10pm.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    help me out here, friends, Ive always sucked at time calculations...

For you.

(San Francisco = PDT, Paris = CEST)
  • edited May 2010
    Here's the clock with the standart Pacific Time of USA

(I feel like to say that because I'm facing the pacific too, and I have the same hours as New York or Miami. I don't remember exactly which one)
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    Erm...what about EST? <.<
  • edited May 2010
    yay! the icon is revealed! Had a feeling what it would be, but still its awesome!

Here it is for anyone who can't be bothered navigating away from the forum, or opening a new tab:

samandmax-302.png
  • edited May 2010
    It is out!
This discussion has been closed.