Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak OUT NOW! (Trailer & Reviews!)

Comments

• edited May 2010
    this game is gonna be the highlight of my week, before the even bigger highlight of me getting out of school next week!!! I'm starting to enjoy Tuesdays a little more.

Edits: and I love the trailer: a look at a possible past for Sam and Max, and a freakin awesome thrill ride!!
  • MRNMRN
    edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Read the title.

Thanks you.

Read my post again.

Thanks you :p
  • edited May 2010
    MRN wrote: »
    Read my post again.

2 days and you need ANOTHER trailer?
  • edited May 2010
    MRN wrote: »
    Read my post again.

you do realise that were lucky to even get one trailer?
  • edited May 2010
    That was the joke, yes.
  • edited May 2010
    Only.... about 17 days until I can play it then... :(

Umm, why?
  • edited May 2010
    Exams :( I'm not going to be doing anything fun until June the 2nd :(
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Why isn't there a poster of the second episode on the official site like it had for the penal zone?

Patience!
  • edited May 2010
    Exams :( I'm not going to be doing anything fun until June the 2nd :(

Well think about it, what better reward/comfort after finishing your exams than having an episode already waiting there for you?
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Well think about it, what better reward/comfort after finishing your exams than having an episode already waiting there for you?

True. :) luckly I've only got exams tomorrow and tuesday this week (at least I hope so!). So yeah, its nice to know that i can be able to play it afterwards. :D ^^
  • edited May 2010
    The combonation of the Lost final 3.5 hours, me not having anymore AP exams, and this make this week the best week evah!
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »

You have a point. Nothing more awesome then throwing your pen down, running to your computer desk and installing the awesomest game ever released. EVER.
  • edited May 2010
    I bought the current season through steam, so I'm wondering how I'm going to get my hands on the second episode. I paid for the $34 season package through them so I know that I paid for all 5 episodes.

I guess what I'm really asking is...how is this going to make it into my library? Do I need to download it from somewhere or will it be automatically be added to the library through steam?
  • edited May 2010
    Why is episode 2 coming one week later to the Europe PSN?

I'm not too impatient about this as I have 4 of the 5 ToMI episodes to complete on the PC but it is a bit surprising considering we got The Penal Zone on the same day! :confused:
  • edited May 2010
    Tomorrow is the big day!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Tomorrow is the big day!!!
    2 days and you need ANOTHER trailer?
    These are going to be 3 really long days...
    Only two days!!! Yes, I'm going to do this one more time tomorrow.
    only 3 days out from the release?

I'm Spanish, so I have to wait until the 26th, unless they decide Spain is not worthy to have it like Beyond time and space.
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Patience!

Yay we know we're getting one!
  • edited May 2010
    I'm Spanish, so I have to wait until the 26th, unless they decide Spain is not worthy to have it like Beyond time and space.

Spanish who have the PS3 version? Because Telltale's the same everywhere if you brought them from here. And they accept international people (I'm from Chile for example)
  • edited May 2010
    Yes ! Red Dead Redemption will have to wait, nothing comes before Sam and Max !
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Spanish who have the PS3 version?
    All euro's who play PS3 (poor guys).
    Fortunately for me, I am an euro PC gamer.
    edited May 2010
    KeyMaster wrote: »
    I bought the current season through steam, so I'm wondering how I'm going to get my hands on the second episode. I paid for the $34 season package through them so I know that I paid for all 5 episodes.

I guess what I'm really asking is...how is this going to make it into my library? Do I need to download it from somewhere or will it be automatically be added to the library through steam?

When the game goes live on Steam (Which you'll surely hear people excitedly clamoring about in the forums), you have to restart Steam, or try to launch the game, and Steam will start downloading it.
  • edited May 2010
    Speaking of which, do telltale games usually arrive on steam at the same time as they do on the telltale site ?
  • edited May 2010
    Geez, why is the last day longer then the others?
  • edited May 2010
    LeBart wrote: »
    Speaking of which, do telltale games usually arrive on steam at the same time as they do on the telltale site ?
    I know the steam version came out just a bit later for Monkey Island, but I don't know about Sam and Max.
  • edited May 2010
    excited EXCITED!!!!
    im so glad i bought the entire series (season) and out at midnight!!!!
    ohhh yes
    edited May 2010
    Midnight? We never release at midnight!

The release on Steam varies. Sometimes it is almost instantaneous with the Telltale site release, sometimes it's a few hours later. In very extreme cases, there has been a bug which only occurs in the Steam version and that release has been a day late, but usually the window is just a few hours or less.
  • edited May 2010
    well midnight is technically tuesday but yeah... i'm talking too much aren't I?
  • edited May 2010
    So, why does the narrator refer to New York's streets as "slumbering"? Doesn't he know that it's the city that never sleeps? :P
  • edited May 2010
    :( I wish it did release at midnight, that would be soooo sweet.

Now I won't be able to play it until about 6:30-7:00pm [TT standard time] Tue. [tomorrow] night... :( [and have to get up at 5am the next day]

Well enough of that, just glad it's finally here! ;) I wonder what's happening at the TT offices right now?

No wait, k, NOW!...? *wonders*
  • Since I'm in Malta, I'll have to wait a bit to download the game. Also, I discovered that you can't play The Penal Zone on an airplane. I gotta figure out the manual unlock before I board that plane next time! Maybe that'll work.
  • edited May 2010
    Please release the game between 4:00 and 6:00PM GMT.

Puh-leeeeaaaaase.
  • edited May 2010
    Since I'm in Malta, I'll have to wait a bit to download the game. Also, I discovered that you can't play The Penal Zone on an airplane. I gotta figure out the manual unlock before I board that plane next time! Maybe that'll work.

Ah? I can play any Telltale Game offline, after I unlock it. Do you mean you can't unlock the game in the airplane?
  • edited May 2010
    It has been tuesday for 27 minutes now... I DEMAND my Tomb. :eek:
  • edited May 2010
    It has been tuesday for 27 minutes now... I DEMAND my Tomb. :eek:

[shoots you]

[drags you to a cemetary]

[puts you in tomb]
  • edited May 2010
    One more sleep!
  • edited May 2010
    Too much time left!
  • edited May 2010
    [shoots you]
    [drags you to a cemetary]
    [puts you in tomb]
    Thanks, it was awesome, 10/10. Way better than The Penal Zone.

Sal was a little dissapointing as love interest for Max, but the steamin' scene ending in insectide gore was amazing. Poor Sam though.
    Also, what was with Santa selling NYC in some boardgame? That was a pretty hard mini-game, I always ended in prison for some reason?
    And finally Stinky kills someone. About time with all the hinting in season 2 and 301.
  • edited May 2010
    And finally Stinky kills someone. About time with all the hinting in season 2 and 301.

AAAAAAAAAARGH! SPOILERS! Thanks for ruining the surprise, JERK!:mad::mad::mad:
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks, it was awesome, 10/10. Way better than The Penal Zone.

Sal was a little dissapointing as love interest for Max, but the steamin' scene ending in insectide gore was amazing. Poor Sam though.
    Also, what was with Santa selling NYC in some boardgame? That was a pretty hard mini-game, I always ended in prison for some reason?

I had somethin' to throw in, an attempt at a joke... but then I realised, I didn't get buried in a tomb like you... No fair.
  • edited May 2010
    The 302 icon is up on the Games page. Instead of the Penal Zone portal in the background, we have a film reel.
This discussion has been closed.