Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak OUT NOW! (Trailer & Reviews!)

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
sm302_bust.jpg

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
The Tomb of Sammun-Mak

May 18th!!!

Trailer!
Watch the Tomb of Sammun-Mak trailer at Gamespot!

Reviews and stuff
Reviews are starting to appear! Beware of :spoil-o:!

Is it out yet? When will it be released?
It's out now for PC, Mac, and North America PSN. Hooray!
May 23rd for PSN Europe.

Where can I see art from the game?
The season-wide trailer and stuff is on the official site. You may also want to take a look at the Telltale blog, which includes this interview with Tomb of Sammun-Mak designer Andy Hartzell, as well as some screenshots and concept art!

What is the official marketing spiel for this game? I am dying to know!!!
"In the second episode, The Tomb of Sammun-Mak, the Freelance Police face even more bizarre and dangerous new characters (and some familiar faces). The game's designer calls this episode Sam & Max's "trippiest trip yet", as it features new psychic powers, peculiar foes, a journey on the Disorient Express and an ancient mysterious riddle from across the ages."

Feel free to talk about the game in this thread or any of the others, but we're seeing a lot of "when is the game out?" "where is new stuff about episode 2?" threads, so it made sense to create one official place people could go for the truth!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    for the truth!

I think I can't handle the truth...

Edit: thanks for making this thread.
  • edited May 2010
    That's a spiffing tie you've got there, Sam.
  • edited May 2010
    10 against 1 that the threads won't stop.

EDIT: nice having an official one though!
  • MRNMRN
    edited May 2010
    Great!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    10 against 1 that the threads won't stop.

EDIT: nice having an official one though!

That make me sad... but the official one make me happy
  • edited May 2010
    It looks like May 31st of first week of June is more likely for the release then. I don't mind, as long as they release a good, bug-free finished episode.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Stopping the insanely prosperous when's-ep2-released-threads is tricky. Essentially, the sticky thread would not only have to be named "EP 2 RELEASE DATE only official and valid information on the entire internet thread", it would also have to be updated at least hourly, with the developers posting "No date yet, but out in May" in a new post, every 60 minutes. :D
  • edited May 2010
    It will probably be either may 20th or 27th... (cause the PSN store updates on Thursdays)
  • edited May 2010
    may be tomorow im not good at speling
  • edited May 2010
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    It will probably be either may 18th or 25th... (cause the PSN store updates on Tuesdays)

ftfy :p
  • edited May 2010
    No... actually you are wrong, the PSN US store updates on Thursdays. Always has, and probably always will

The lazy asses also like to update it around 9PM my local time, which is asinine because most other services update at 6AM or 12 noon... but that's a rant for another thread in another time
  • edited May 2010
    I'm getting impatient. SAM AND MAX AS SKELETONS?!

P.s. TellTale--not that this has any relevance to this thread or anything, I'm just wondering--when am I going to get some Maniac Mansion?

<3 you.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    No... actually you are wrong, the PSN US store updates on Thursdays. Always has, and probably always will

Nope, it's Tuesdays now. Sony threw everyone for a loop.
  • edited May 2010
    It's announced (for some platforms).

May 18 for PC/Mac, May 26 for PS3, no date given for iPad.

Edit: The 26th is a Wednesday -- wrong day for a PS3 release. Maybe they meant the 25th?

Edit #2: The blog has been updated. North American PS3 on the 18th, European PS3 on the 26th.
  • edited May 2010
    Awww yeah! The 18th is the first day of my week-long break! Thank you Telltale~
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    The elves are different than you might expect
  • MRNMRN
    edited May 2010
    ^^ Intrigue! xD

It's just too bad it comes out for the PS3 one week later than for the PC/Mac :(
  • edited May 2010
    Neat, Ian's got that week off too so we'll be able to play it right away.
  • edited May 2010
    Did anybody consider the possibility that since S&M is PSN's first ever title to be pre-released, maybe it doesn't work on exactly the same system as the rest of the store, and maybe the normal "store update" rules don't apply?

What the hell stops them from adding to the store on other days of the week anyway? It's only a database at the end of the day. No reason why you can't update it any time.
  • edited May 2010
    The blog was updated with news that the PS3 release will be on the 18th after all.

The European PS3 release will be on the 26th.
  • edited May 2010
    Aww, I wish they had kept the hat Max had in the concept art. Him wearing pants is a pretty interesting site too.

But gosh, I really didn't think it'd end up being their ancestors for real! I wonder if they're gonna have funny accents. Ooooh, and maybe there'll be an old style version of the office?
  • edited May 2010
    *whistles quietly*
  • edited May 2010
    Oh. Em. Gee.

Best. Birthday. Ever.

*tackle-hugs everyone at Telltale*
  • edited May 2010
    Detective wrote: »
    Aww, I wish they had kept the hat Max had in the concept art. Him wearing pants is a pretty interesting site too.
    Hmmm, I don't really think that shot is from the final version. The lightning looks... off, and Max looks really weird.

So who knows...
  • edited May 2010
    May 18th! Alright, it's only six days away; count em folks!

Ooo look, demonic projector.
    SnM_TPD_TSM_SS_projector.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    Woohoo!

SnM_TPD_TSM_SS_skeletons.jpg

SnM_TPD_TSM_SS_tomb.jpg

Looks like Santa back there to me.
  • edited May 2010
    Polar Express references. Calling it.
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    Looks like Santa back there to me.

"Toy Tycoon"! He's a Monopoly Man parody where Santa (Before he became Santa) was a power lusting Toy Monger.
  • edited May 2010
    Far I understand, he's Santa guest starring as the Toy Tycoon. I hope there's other "favorites" coming back as well, like Jurgüen. I hope...
  • edited May 2010
    This sucks now, because of the PSN change, it means EU people will get it a Day later, IF we get it a day later that is, we all got The Penal Zone at the same time.
  • edited May 2010
    Actually if you got it for PSN in Europe, you're getting it a week later.
  • edited May 2010

Gah!! I'm excited now!! *glee*
  • edited May 2010
    max keeps his shirt!
  • edited May 2010
    Watch for it in a few weeks. The exact date will be announced soon.

Now, see, when he wrote that, I thought he meant the exact date will be announced in a few weeks. Now I see that that's wrong. Thank you.
  • edited May 2010
    Uh...iPad?
  • 18th, huh? I'll be in Malta then, and there's no garantee when I'll be getting the internet again. But I'll be in MALTA so WHO CARES!?! HAHAHAHAHAA!!! (Breathes) Besides, I ought to take a break from it anyway. My writing's falling behind.

Also, shame Max didn't keep his newsie hat, and he looks a bit off with pants. Other than that, great show, old boy! I'll be playing this jolly trifle with Earl Grey and crumpets post-haste! Tut tut, Cheerio!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    The hat was causing a lot of problems with his face because of how the geometry worked out so it never made it into the game. I missed it for a while, but am used to it now. Long six days ahead I imagine...
  • edited May 2010
    So, is that Max's Papa Maximus or something?

PS: Tally-ho, fools!
  • edited May 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Actually if you got it for PSN in Europe, you're getting it a week later.

GOD DAMN STUPID EU PSN! Why the hell did we get The Penal Zone the day it came out?? "Hear, you can have the first one on time but the rest we're gonna delay!"
This discussion has been closed.