Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak OUT NOW! (Trailer & Reviews!)

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Oh damn, I thought I could wait until the 18th but now I'm shivering with anticipation!

And Maxwell has telekinesis, apparently. Yeeesss I knew it.
  • edited May 2010
    Agent P29 wrote: »
    the man in the red top hat is santa

aczzp3.png
    The name...is Santa Claus.
  • edited May 2010
    I seem to recall Jake telling me that they didn't have the time to make individual trailers... Hmmmm... LIAR!
  • edited May 2010
    I heard the name as Sameth, which looks a bit nicer to me, even though it also made it sound like he was a prince of the Old Kingdom. Anyway, the trailer was awesome and now I'm looking forward to it even more.
  • edited May 2010
    I seem to recall Jake telling me that they didn't have the time to make individual trailers... Hmmmm... LIAR!

I knew it wasn't just me who was thinking it! I feel betrayed, now...
  • edited May 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Oh damn, I thought I could wait until the 18th but now I'm shivering with anticipation!

And Maxwell has telekinesis, apparently. Yeeesss I knew it.

I think it mite be in the blood, but that is just my guss.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010

Underpromise and overdeliver!
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »

You can't worm your way out of this one, Jake! We're on to your lies..
  • edited May 2010
    I just had a thought, that projector might have psychic powers, perhaps it projects an image of the past for Sam and Max to watch.

I was right guys!
  • edited May 2010
    Blimey, you peeps have been busy this week! I've finished reading the thread now.

As for the pronunciation argument, it's z for s and s for ss/B in German too (and ts for z, bizarrely). French and German are the main root languages for English, even though it inherits from Latin and the Scandinavian languages a bit as well.

Back on topic, it the actor for Papier-Wight the same one that played Coronado de Cava in TMI?
  • edited May 2010
    Ah that looks pretty ace!
  • edited May 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I heard the name as Sameth, which looks a bit nicer to me, even though it also made it sound like he was a prince of the Old Kingdom. Anyway, the trailer was awesome and now I'm looking forward to it even more.

Sameth is a name too and I like the idea of the prince of the Old Kingdom. ANYWAY I'm not going to name anyone anyway until I play the game with subtitles.
  • edited May 2010
    Uploaded the trailer to YouTube for the convenience of not waiting for an advert to finish.
  • edited May 2010
    Bwaah! I thought it would be today :( :P Well.. off to Chapter 3 of Tales of Monkey Island then!
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Sameth is a name too and I like the idea of the prince of the Old Kingdom. ANYWAY I'm not going to name anyone anyway until I play the game with subtitles.

That is a good idea, because who knows, maybe thats not his name at all.
  • edited May 2010
    Yay! Back to the one trailer per episode system? Great news!
    The trailer itself kicks ass - can't wait to play the game! :cool:
  • edited May 2010
    is there going to be another "I wonder what happens?" sam and max version trailer or not?
  • edited May 2010
    is there going to be another "I wonder what happens?" sam and max version trailer or not?

I was under the impression Majus only did those for Monkey Island. They were frigging awesome so I wouldn't complain if I am/will be proved wrong.
  • edited May 2010
    Majus did a "Skunkape Origins" trailer for The Penal Zone. I hope he makes a new one, "Papier Waite Origins" or something.
  • edited May 2010
    Trailer!!!

Ooooooh this one is gonna be sooo good, I can tell!! :D

And, hey, WHAT could be scarier than a
    ventriliquist dummy!!!
    ? :eek:

Looks fantastic.

Wise words indeed.
  • edited May 2010
    This (with HD and full screen)?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T27uOQU-GII
  • edited May 2010
    It sure makes me wonder why a Can and a Projector counts as TOYS of Power..

Also, it seems Maxwell has the Projector's film in his "Power wheel". Does that means it has a fuction besides giving Sam & Max a projection of their ancestors?...

also, please Telltale, just give us the names of the ancestors so we can stop asking ourselves. It is Samith & Maxwell? Or Malixmillian? or another name with max I have no idea? Come ooon...is not like if revealing the name is going to be that spoilery...
    edited May 2010
    Sameth.
  • edited May 2010
    Sameth.

Thanks.
  • edited May 2010
    what about Max then?

Also, why in the trailer old max sounds weird while Sameth sounds just like his decendant?
  • edited May 2010
    what about Max then?

Also, why in the trailer old max sounds weird while Sameth sounds just like his decendant?

The moleman put a curse on them, at least that is what the trailer said (I think).
    edited May 2010
    what about Max then?

Who?
  • edited May 2010
    Who?

The hyperkinetic rabbitty thing. What was it called back in 1902?
  • edited May 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    The hyperkinetic rabbitty thing. What was it called back in 1902?

I think he's being evasive. To be fair, the trailer gave Sam's ancestor's name away. It seems the name of Max's ancestor is a surprise. Fewer than 3 days of waiting now...
  • edited May 2010
    These are going to be 3 really long days...
    edited May 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    I think he's being evasive. To be fair, the trailer gave Sam's ancestor's name away. It seems the name of Max's ancestor is a surprise. Fewer than 3 days of waiting now...
    It won't be much of a surprise, but what's the point in giving away even an unsurprising thing now, only 3 days out from the release?
  • edited May 2010
    It won't be much of a surprise, but what's the point in giving away even an unsurprising thing now, only 3 days out from the release?

That's kind of what I meant. The wait isn't long at all and I don't blame you for not telling us.
  • edited May 2010
    By the way, is there a "Secret Origins" shortflim this time? Or was it for just The Penal Zone?
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    And, hey, WHAT could be scarier than a
    ventriliquist dummy!!!
    ? :eek:
    A
    ventriloquist dummy that hunts demons
    ? :D *clicky*

np: The Fall - Spector vs. Rector (Rebellious Jukebox Volume 2 (Disc 1))
  • edited May 2010
    Why isn't there a poster of the second episode on the official site like it had for the penal zone?
  • edited May 2010
    And did you notice the little fish aquarium left of the Toy Tycoon when he's saying: It's time to roll out plan B. Who do you think that could mean? (Mr. Spatula) :D
  • MRNMRN
    edited May 2010
    When is Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 2: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak Trailer 2 coming out??
  • edited May 2010
    MRN wrote: »
    When is Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 2: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak Trailer 2 coming out??

Read the title.

Thanks you.
  • edited May 2010
    Only two days!!! Yes, I'm going to do this one more time tomorrow.
  • edited May 2010
    Only.... about 17 days until I can play it then... :(
This discussion has been closed.