Its Jan 5th...

Comments

• edited January 2007
    I almost wish I had a lawn to mow, a field to plow, a car to fix, a house to paint, something, this is unbearable!
  • edited January 2007
    Grim Fandango does sound like a good idea...If only I didn't have to write an essay on stars. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    Preordered? As in 'bought the whole season'?

Yes. Buying the whole season was the only way to get episode 2 before its release. ;)

We will be taking the season set and season set upgrade off the website for a little while. Don't be alarmed. It's just something we have to do to make sure the launch goes smoothly.
  • edited January 2007
    Well Im writing this from work (5:20 pm here in London) and I finish at 6pm... when the first was released I was at home and was as impatient as everyone else. Hopefully when I get home in around 2 hours Ill have a nice email waiting for me.

Just what you need after a long hard week.. ahhhh! :D

(and yes I preordered the whole series. It 'is' Sam & Max.. what else was I gonna do? :) )
  • edited January 2007
    Should everyone have recieved the email or just a few who preordered?
  • edited January 2007
    I don't exactly understand... I preordered the whole season... was I supposed to get some e-mail? Am I supposed to be playing the game right now? How do I do it?
  • edited January 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Yes. Buying the whole season was the only way to get episode 2 before its release. ;)

Ooh, musta missed that. I bought the whole season but don't know how I can get E.2 before the release date. For future reference (as we're practically minutes away from the actual E.2 release), how can I do that, please?
  • edited January 2007
    I'm guessing bosman got the e-mail because he sent Telltale an e-mail asking when the game would be released, and 'a few hours' is now 'a few hours-1' which is still a few hours.
  • edited January 2007
    Aye, same here. Bought the whole season I did but not so much as an email from Telltale.... Well, except for the one where they say they were happy to take my money that is.
  • edited January 2007
    I bought the whole season earlier this morning :confused:
  • edited January 2007
    Emily wrote: »

We will be taking the season set and season set upgrade off the website for a little while. Don't be alarmed. It's just something we have to do to make sure the launch goes smoothly.

errr...i ordered the whole season and i aint got jack to show for it (early, that is)
    so...did i screw up somehow?
  • edited January 2007
    She just meant that anybody (and everybody) who pre ordered the season will get the game before it is officially released on the site.
    Come on people, keep it together, still a couple hours to go.
  • edited January 2007
    I think that somethings got lost in translation here, I think Emily meant that you wont be able to buy it straight after its realese. Or I could be wrong.
  • edited January 2007
    I think it's an error because Gametap is the only real way to have the game before its realease. I bought the whole season too, but I can't play the game now, and I think it's normal. ^^
  • edited January 2007
    She just meant that anybody (and everybody) who pre ordered the season will get the game before it is officially released on the site.
    Come on people, keep it together, still a couple hours to go.

yeah!
    wait...what?

anyway, what time is it where they are?
  • NeyNey
    edited January 2007
    The only way I know of getting it early is havign a Gametap account (which aitn aviable to europeans). So we have to wait until it gets released today.
    What the techsupport meant is that us that have ordered the whole season, will get a download option as soon as they have it up, and people that need to buy it will need to wait an hour or too longer.
  • edited January 2007
    Or was it just a joke playing on the difference between "buying" or "pre-ordering"? Since "buying" would mean that you had it (along with ep3, 4, 5 and 6) already, but pre-ordering would mean that you will get it when it comes out.

Haven't got any mail from Telltale either, and I pre-ordered the season before ep. 1.

Let's count Norwegians again!

Rapp Scallion = 1
  • edited January 2007
    She just means 'we' get the emails before the others (if we preorder the series). Only a few hours difference but when its Sam & Max, it means a lot ;)
  • NeyNey
    edited January 2007
    It is 9:45 in Cali atm, where I am led to believe Telltale have HQ.
  • edited January 2007
    i think 10:00
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    <head explodes>

No one should have received an email. Calm down, everyone. :)

The only person who did receive the email was someone who wrote in asking us what time we released. Which, as Doug said, we don't encourage. We are very busy right now working on getting game out.

When preorder notifications go out, we'll let you know it's time to check your inbox. ;) At that time, everyone who has bought Season 1 -- no matter when you bought it -- will get an email with a download link for episode 2.
  • edited January 2007
    London GMT - 17:48

This is wait is actually getting me more hyped about Sam n max ep 2 :P
  • edited January 2007
    i think that the must upgrade de servers furst end that can take while
  • edited January 2007
    Guderian wrote: »
    maybe the are counting how many people are wating for the episode. When i got in, 40 users were browsing this section and now it reached 105. I wonder how far it will go :p

One more waiting over here :D

Finally came back from work and was hopping to get rid of all the stress by playing episode 2. It's 18.47 here in Belgium and still no sign of it. As almost all of you I ordered the complete season so I hope to get an email quite soon or something...

But I guess it will be available in about 10 min or so.
  • edited January 2007
    I was so bored waiting that I made a comic. Here's a link if anyone's interested

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/comics/14895587
  • edited January 2007
    You have to love the excessively pleonastic, however oxymoronic this sentence is turning out to be, and gratuitous sudden influx of the same question by all patrons of this forums concerning the much anticipated release of Episo- yes. I'm bored, and can't wait.
  • edited January 2007
    10 min ???
    i hope your write
  • edited January 2007
    Just seen the new posts that came up while I was postng mine. So let say rather 2 hours to go and not 10min anymore. Bouhouhouuuu.... I'll go to eat something then and take some weight :p (ok I can, I'm not fat yet but if they let me wait more than 2 hours, I'll become fat indeed).
  • edited January 2007
    Candyghost wrote: »
    Just seen the new posts that came up while I was postng mine. So let say rather 2 hours to go and not 10min anymore. Bouhouhouuuu.... I'll go to eat something then and take some weight :p (ok I can, I'm not fat yet but if they let me wait more than 2 hours, I'll become fat indeed).

:p :D chips?
  • edited January 2007
    Looks like the site is updating right now, as all of the content is gone!!
  • edited January 2007
    while(SAM_AND_MAX_RELEASED != TRUE){
    F5;
    print("Are we there yet?")
    }
  • edited January 2007
    :D its a goog sine
  • edited January 2007
    Sp0tted wrote: »
    Looks like the site is updating right now, as all of the content is gone!!

Nope. just everyone is refreshing :D
  • edited January 2007
    bosman wrote: »
    :p :D chips?

worse: Chocolates
  • edited January 2007
    The release is a long and tedious process, so please be patient. Here is a rundown of what normally occurs:

Employees show up to work.
    Employees spend an hour in a mass hug while waiting for heating to turn on.
    Turn on computers, check forums.
    After checking other forums, check Telltale forums.
    Realize "Oh yeah, it is release day" and get started.
    Contact Steve Purcell to write story for episode.
    Voice actors receive scripts, say all lines in rapid succession over phone line (which explains some sound quality complaints).
    Design game and compile.
    Take nap.
    Hold fire alarm and water fight.
    Go back inside, dry off, and watch forums for a while longer.
    Send out emails and release game.
  • edited January 2007
    Are we there yet?
  • NeyNey
    edited January 2007
    Chips and chocolates ftw!

I have this notion that if i go wash the dishes I will be rewarded with sam and max when I return, but then I might loos precious gaming minutes, so here i am running the small program bashar wrote
  • edited January 2007
    this is the computer nerd equivalence of camping out all night in front of a cinema before a premiere; Watching a website and hitting F5 so much it actually slows it down.
  • edited January 2007
    http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/comics/14896583

(Thankfully, this small comic strip has no bearing on reality - we know they are real, right?!)
  • edited January 2007
    ... at least one good thing about the waiting... I washed my clothes and called my granny, things I haven't done for ages... thanks guys..
This discussion has been closed.