Puzzle Agent Graphical Bug on Puzzle 2 with Snowmobile

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Think wrote: »
    Steam still hasn't posted any warning on the store page for the game to prevent people who have the affected cards from buying something they cannot play - and they know what hardware we are using.

Guess us Steam users are SOL. I'm not blaming you (TellTale) for Steam's policy - I'm posting this to make you aware of the situation. You've got a lot of Steam users that feel ripped off - regardless of who's rules created the situation.

Steam offer no quality guarantees at all, and the warnings they sometimes put up are purely voluntary. It's a service, not a store, for better or worse.

Always better to buy through Telltalegames.com, or directly from other smaller game developers, especially indies.

That said, still waiting on a fix for this. Taking so long I think it qualifies as ridiculous at this point.
  • edited August 2010
    Anything new on this? I hadn't bought the game yet, but would like to. Not going to until this is sorted though, since playing it as-is is sort of difficult.
  • edited August 2010
    Over a month to fix a game breaking bug is pretty ridiculous.
  • edited August 2010
    I agree, total failure. I was trying to be patient. I'm glad this was my first purchase from tell-tale because it is now my last as well.
  • edited August 2010
    cwilliams wrote: »
    I agree, total failure. I was trying to be patient. I'm glad this was my first purchase from tell-tale because it is now my last as well.

Your loss. Telltale Games has made some awesome games, and hopefully will continue doing so. We've seen lots of negative comments on this thread already. We are all upset, no question about it, but please direct future complaints directly to the Telltales sales team next time they put something on preorder. Nobody on this thread except them can help you. Almost everybody else on this thread would most likely prefer to wait in silence until the good developers in Telltales announce a fix here.
  • edited August 2010
    Telltale has absolutely no interest in helping any of us, now that they've got our money. Look at how long it's been since their staff have posted anything in this thread. I've just disputed the original charge with American Express, as Telltale has delivered defective merchandise and refused to correct the situation in any way other than a store credit for their site.
  • edited August 2010
    This game didnt get tested really. Look at some other thread. Geforce cards have an issue, intel cards have an issue, different languages have issues.

The only thing left to do, is to vent some frustration. When they release it on the apple store, just make sure you give it a rubbish rating stating it is bug ridden. If telltale wont help out its customers, i think its only fair that we warn some people. Childish I know, but I dont like paying for things that dont work, and the company shows no interest in sorting the problem.
  • edited August 2010
    Anybody from Telltale still tracking this thread? Looks like you nearly have a full-on revolt on your hands here, guys. Any updates would be appreciated.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence. I've been off at jury duty and thought people were keeping up on this in my stead. Believe it or not this still has attention internally and I'm hoping to have something to tell you later this week. In the meantime, as I said before that you are welcome to ask for refunds and if for some reason that doesn't work, send me a PM.
  • edited August 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence. I've been off at jury duty and thought people were keeping up on this in my stead. Believe it or not this still has attention internally and I'm hoping to have something to tell you later this week. In the meantime, as I said before that you are welcome to ask for refunds and if for some reason that doesn't work, send me a PM.

I hope to hear more soon, but I must ask if a game-breaking bug like this has priority? It certainly should... bugs that make the game unplayable generally are patched quickly.
  • olzolz
    edited August 2010
    last part of sam and max coming out ;), i'l hope after that i can play puzzle agent
  • edited August 2010
    The wait is a little long, but I really don't mind as :

- it's a very cheap game
    - the pre-order halved the price of the other games I bought at the same time
    - the game is probably quite short : I would have finished it a long time ago, so I'm happy I haven't completed it yet :-)
    - I never had to complain about Telltales and all their games work under Linux via Wine (though an official port would be awesome, as one sometimes have to tweak to get them to work)

I just hope they won't lose their "soul" and try to make "quick easy cash" now that they have a contract with universal and support many other mainstream gaming systems :)
  • edited September 2010
    - the pre-order halved the price of the other games I bought at the same time

That's the main reason I have not asked for a refund, but still just for the sake of showing your company supports its products a game-breaking bug should be patched waaaaay before now.

Not trying to be testy, I have been offered a refund, but it just looks bad.
  • edited September 2010
    Has there been any news yet.
    I don't want a refund as I want to support the game but I need you to support me.
    Bought on steam and won't work with GTX480.
  • edited September 2010
    It's bad enough that this game-breaking bug has now gone unfixed for two months, but today we can read that the game is now out for iPhone and iPad as well, while we're still stuck like this with no idea on when we can actually play the game.

I realize that you have to prioritize, I can accept that you can't test on every graphics card out there, and I understand that it takes time to fix bugs like this - but we're being kept in the dark; we have no idea if we have to wait days, weeks or months before we can finally play the game. It's even more disheartening to see that you're "hoping to have something to tell [us] later this week", and then not hearing anything for two full weeks.

I'm not going to ask for a refund now, because I want to play this game, I trust the bug will be fixed eventually, and it's been more than 60 days anyway - but if I had known it would take this long back when the bug was discovered, I would have asked for a refund then.
  • edited September 2010
    I feel the need to bump this.
    Will this get fixed?
  • edited September 2010
    Barso wrote: »
    I feel the need to bump this.
    Will this get fixed?

I think they will be working on the Gameboy release first.
  • edited September 2010

Will was supposed to let me know 3 weeks ago when my check was in the mail to get a refund for this game, and I've heard nothing. I'm tired of Telltale's bullshit, and won't be giving them my business ever again.
    edited September 2010
    Hey guys, remember me?

So, it looks like we have a fix. I'm going to try to get a release build today if possible, but certainly by tomorrow, at which point I'll put up a link to the download in this thread. We'd love for you guys to take a look at it before we push it out to the public at large. Thank you all so much for your patience, you guys are the best.
  • edited September 2010
    That's good news, Will. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread; hopefully this will be all sorted out real soon, so you can get more of my money. :)
  • olzolz
    edited September 2010
    finally some good news ;)
  • olzolz
    edited September 2010
    Hey, where's the link?
  • edited September 2010
    olz wrote: »
    Hey, where's the link?

Is it all that surprising that it's still not available, despite Will's assurance to the contrary?
  • edited September 2010
    It's still pretty early in the US :) We've waited for weeks, we can wait one more day :-)
  • edited September 2010
    If there's one thing I know about the computer business, it's that things can get pretty crazy. I'm sure he's trying. Hopefully it'll be available before the week is up though...
    edited September 2010
    Slight delay. When that other bug came up with the language localizations, we decided to fix two birds with one stone. Still really hoping for it to come out today.
  • edited September 2010
    So, that means it will come today, right Will?
    edited September 2010
    Well I think if anything has been proven by this whole process is that nothing is guaranteed. This isn't my project but I do know they are actively working on it which is the best I can say at the moment.
  • edited September 2010
    I got all excited on page 5 and then I got to page 6... :/

Still, at least there is news that it is being worked on. Not sure why a completely game-breaking bug on modern hardware has been such low priority, but at least it hasn't been ignored.
    edited September 2010
    Not low priority, just stupidly complicated.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, let us know Will, whether there's a chance this thing will be fixed. I purchased the bundle specifically for this game and I can't even install it. But when I can....if I'm going to have graphical issues, then I better get my money back now.
  • edited September 2010
    Not low priority, just stupidly complicated.

Understood, I am not privy to the needed operations to get it working right. Just let us know when to re-download.
  • edited September 2010
    Very disappointed in Telltales handling of this issue. Would have asked for a refund but I bought it on Steam. More then a month is entirely too long a time period for this to be fixed imo.
  • Can I ask if you're also fixing this bug? Not the localisations one but the original one from this thread: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=376689&postcount=29
    edited September 2010
    Ok, here's the status update. We had what we thought was a fixed build, but when we built it we ended up with some engine problems. I just got out of the weekly production meeting and it seems like the PC version is still the top priority for the week, even despite the setback. When this does go out, it should fix the localizations for sure, but I'm not sure about the one Magnifico is linking to. I *think* it will be though.
  • edited September 2010
    Are we in the home stretch?
  • Aww, now Will's gone who's gonna keep us updated?
  • olzolz
    edited September 2010
    hey, who said that Will is gone?
  • Will did? He made a leaving thread and everything.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Will did? He made a leaving thread and everything.

Right here.
This discussion has been closed.