Puzzle Agent Graphical Bug on Puzzle 2 with Snowmobile

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Hello, everyone! My name is Caleb. You're correct that Will left Telltale earlier this week, but there's no need to worry - I'll keep you informed about this issue from here on out. And I have good news: a fix for the NVidia display problem is absolutely being worked on right now and will be ready soon.

I realize this has been said before in this thread. However, I have been personally testing the fix for this issue, and I know for a fact that it's nearing completion. There are just a handful of remaining problems that need to be resolved.

I can say with no exaggeration that those at the highest levels of the company are aware of the problem and are taking the necessary steps to get it taken care of. While I can't tell you exactly when the fix will be ready, it really shouldn't be too much longer. Seriously. For realz. :)
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Caleb,

just wanted to know if the next fix will also help with the missing text/font and speech problem?

I can't play the game because of this bug. :(

Regards, raz
  • edited September 2010
    Hello, everyone! My name is Caleb. You're correct that Will left Telltale earlier this week, but there's no need to worry - I'll keep you informed about this issue from here on out. And I have good news: a fix for the NVidia display problem is absolutely being worked on right now and will be ready soon.

I realize this has been said before in this thread. However, I have been personally testing the fix for this issue, and I know for a fact that it's nearing completion. There are just a handful of remaining problems that need to be resolved.

I can say with no exaggeration that those at the highest levels of the company are aware of the problem and are taking the necessary steps to get it taken care of. While I can't tell you exactly when the fix will be ready, it really shouldn't be too much longer. Seriously. For realz. :)

Sounds good, thanks for the details. Looking forward to it!
  • edited September 2010
    razmatazzz wrote: »
    Hi Caleb,

just wanted to know if the next fix will also help with the missing text/font and speech problem?

I can't play the game because of this bug. :(

Regards, raz

Yes, the current plan is to include a fix for this issue as well. In the meantime, you should be able to play the game if you go to Windows Control Panel, select "Clock, Language, and Region," then click the "Location" tab and set the location to "United States." This isn't the most convenient solution, but it should work.

Sorry again for all the trouble, everyone. Thanks for your patience!
  • Yes, the current plan is to include a fix for this issue as well. In the meantime, you should be able to play the game if you go to Windows Control Panel, select "Clock, Language, and Region," then click the "Location" tab and set the location to "United States." This isn't the most convenient solution, but it should work.

Sorry again for all the trouble, everyone. Thanks for your patience!

What about the third problem that I linked to on the last page? No one's discovered a fix for that yet.
  • edited September 2010
    What about the third problem that I linked to on the last page? No one's discovered a fix for that yet.

For me, your linked image is broken.
  • I just checked and it's definitely working for me.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    I just checked and it's definitely working for me.
    Missing for me too. The image itself
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2wf5wr6.png
    gives me a "401 Authorization Required".
  • edited September 2010
    Linked image is working fine.

I'm glad the highest level of the company is coordinating to allow me to play a game I bought 3 months ago (as long as it doesn't interfere with the C64 port!)! With such awesome support, I will be sure to continue to buy your companies games and recommended them to everyone!
  • edited September 2010
    DjNDB wrote: »

FYI, Tinypic has recently blocked access to images to the world outside the US.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm from Germany, no proxy or anything else and I do see the image above.

Regards, raz
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010

Today it's working. :confused:
  • That US thing can't be true because I'm from the UK and I never even stopped seeing it.
    cwilliams wrote: »
    I'm glad the highest level of the company is coordinating to allow me to play a game I bought 3 months ago (as long as it doesn't interfere with the C64 port!)! With such awesome support, I will be sure to continue to buy your companies games and recommended them to everyone!

Ouch, you need to put a warning on this post. Sarcasm burned mah eyes. ;o;
  • edited September 2010
    Today it's working. :confused:

Yepp, it may have been only a temporary problem.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm happy I finally got my money back for this. What a joke.
  • edited September 2010
    Any updates on the fix? I would love to be able to play the game.
  • edited October 2010
    From what I've read it sounds like there are specific fixes for each puzzle... could you maybe put out a patch that fixes the first half or something?

I'd really like to be able to play the game I paid for...
  • edited October 2010
    Um, it's been a couple of weeks since the last update. Any new news on this patch???
    I would really like to continue playing...
  • edited October 2010
    Hello again. I'm really sorry for the long delays on this. We haven't forgotten about this bug. We're very close to having an effective fix for it, but unfortunately the people here with the necessary knowledge to finish the fix have been completely swamped with other projects these past two weeks.

All I can say right now is that fixing this problem is definitely still on our radar. I'm pushing to move it ahead, but it's slow going at the moment. I completely understand your frustrations and I certainly don't blame anyone for feeling that way at this point. Hopefully I'll have good news about this soon!
  • edited October 2010
    i can also conform this game kiling glitch on the iphone. I just got back from the Bjorn's Lodge and now I'm stuck at the hotel! I've tried doing other puzzles but the problem won't fix, and I can't go anywhere else because every time I click on the snowmobile I am greeted with an unsolvable puzzle. There's no pieces, I know, I beat this game like 3-5 times on my macbook, I know what to do. Anyway here's a screen shot of my current problem. vnf4u0.png Anyone else experiencing this game killing glitch on the iphone? I have a 3GS running iOS 4.1 possibly 4.2 beta. definately 4 though.
  • edited October 2010
    Is this the correct screenshot? Based on what it shows, you have all the pieces necessary to solve the puzzle. Are you unable to move them?
  • edited October 2010
    That's possible... I think I tried, I thought it was supposed to be the one where you drag them from the sideboard. Anyways I lost my save because of the new update, so I'll report back soon.

In the meantime, thank you for the quick response! With the new update this game becomes a work of art. Quick, responsive, gorgeous and highly stylish. The only thing that could make this game better would be like 3 or 5 random variations of every puzzle, or even a random algorythm for a few so it's always different but within the same parameters. That's asking for the moon in an update, but hopefully will be incorporated into the sequel. Telltale you simply rock, and please find time in your busy schedule to give us puzzle agent 2 at some point.
  • edited October 2010
    pwblaine wrote: »
    Telltale you simply rock, and please find time in your busy schedule to give us puzzle agent 2 at some point.

I second your feelings, but you're posting in the wrong thread. This is for people still waiting for the first Puzzle Agent :(
  • edited October 2010
    I just wanted to say I am having problems with this issue as well. I recently purchased a GTX 460 to solve an unrelated problem and was saddened to discover I could no longer continue playing Puzzle Agent with my new hardware. I will patiently await a fix. Thank you TTG for working on this for us.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2010
    I don't know if this works, but you could try running it in VMWare Player as a workaround.
  • olzolz
    edited October 2010
    and a radio silence again :(, feels like there comes new verison of this game not a fix
  • edited October 2010
    God this thread made me laugh.

Been waiting since July for this to be fixed. What a joke. Quite funny looking at all of the posts defending what is perceived as good customer service. July!

Can someone from Telltale contact me, and explain why this has taken so long. Why they seem fit to release other versions, rather than fix versions that a good number of customers have brought, and cannot use.

Im dying to buy/play the new Back To Future games, but I will not part with anymore money on a telltale product until this is resolved and I feel satisified with Telltales responce. In any other Business, this kind of customer service, product release, this would be competely unacceptable, but computer software/games seem to get away with it tima and again.

I will start picking up toys up now!

Carl
    Sam n Max - Season One
    Sam n Max - Season Two
    Tales Of Monkey Island
    Puzzle Agent
  • I'm inclined to agree with you. Telltale has a dreadful track record for fixing bugs and I'm getting to the end of my patience.
  • edited October 2010
    I think all those affected by the bug feels that way - at least, I know I do.

Telltale, I love you guys, but this is just ridiculous. It's been 3½ months, even though one month ago, you were saying the fix would be ready in a matter of days.

It's taken you longer to fix this bug than I had to do my Google Summer of Code project, and that seems way too excessive to me.

I know you can't just dedicate all of your resources towards fixing a single bug, regardless of how serious it is, but if a fix was nearly ready a month ago, yet still isn't released, that suggests *something* is really wrong.
  • edited October 2010
    Well, Telltale did not promise too much: Puzzle agent is indeed an adventure with a twist.... at least for nVidia owners :(
  • edited October 2010
    Hello again. I'm really sorry for the long delays on this. We haven't forgotten about this bug. We're very close to having an effective fix for it, but unfortunately the people here with the necessary knowledge to finish the fix have been completely swamped with other projects these past two weeks.

Game breaking bugs should take precedence over "other projects." PERIOD.

I forgot about this for a while... stunned that when I come back weeks and weeks later it still isn't fixed. My opinion of this company has plummeted.
  • edited October 2010
    Sorry, but I have to chime in as well. I just pre-ordered "Back to the Future" and got the game as a free bonus. A free bonus that doesn't work on my video card. Really?? Please fix this now.
  • edited October 2010
    Same identical issue, Windows 7 64 with an nvidia GTX 460.
  • edited October 2010
    Game breaking bugs should take precedence over "other projects." PERIOD.

I forgot about this for a while... stunned that when I come back weeks and weeks later it still isn't fixed. My opinion of this company has plummeted.

Weeks? Try 4 months. Plenty of time to work on other games but not fix a game breaking bug for which they already have my money. I specifically did NOT pre order, and will NOT buy Back to the Future because of this shit. And I had bought everything outside of the CSI stuff that telltale has done.

Telltale has at least one less paying customer because of this: me. I'm unsubscribing from this thread, as I have no more business with this company.
  • edited October 2010
    cwilliams wrote: »
    Weeks? Try 4 months.

Weeks since I last checked on it is what I meant.

If they just could not fix the bug that would be one thing, but to have a fix coming for 4 months and to blatantly say it's not being finished because they're more interested in working on new games for more money... well, that's shitty.
  • edited October 2010
    Dear Telltale:

It has been over five months since people purchased Puzzle Agent only to discover that it doesn't work on newer nVidia graphics cards. It is now time to release the fix for this. Even the mods in the forums have stopped responding because there is nothing else they can say to appease the poor consumers who were cheated out of a game because of this. I also see you are releasing a Wii version of Puzzle Agent. It's very impressive that you have time to port the game to another platform, but still can't find the time to fix the game you've already release to the PC. If you don't stand behind your products, why should we? As a developer myself, I understand the difficulty in fixing bugs at times, but really, over five months? Just fix it already.
  • edited October 2010
    Seriously, why would you offer Puzzle Agent as a bonus to preorder when you KNOW crap like this is happening? Are you trying to alienate potential costumers?

STOP SUCKING!
  • edited October 2010
    Broken for me too...still
  • edited November 2010
    I went to Europe for 2 weeks, and there still hasn't been any progress on this. Wow. Telltale, I like your games, I really do - but given that everything sort of hangs on the Telltale Engine, I'm concerned about future games given the fact that there's been no apparent headway made on this issue. I have to agree with others here - you really should be fixing known issues with what's already out there before you worry about expanding to new platforms. Mistakes happen, but after 5 months, surely this one should have been addressed...
  • edited November 2010
    This is hilarious, you give me a free game that doesn't work. I didn't buy this directly so am not that bothered, but its pretty bad to not fix a critical bug in 5 months.

Fortunately Monkey Island worked and worked 100% for me so I am hopeful on BttF.

But seriously sort this issue out.
This discussion has been closed.