The City That Dares Not Sleep waiting thread

Comments

• edited August 2010
    almost 11 am telltale time. hope its released at noon
  • edited August 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Chill out son, I said in about an hour if nothing goes wrong.

Haven't you heard? A giant mutant rabbit is rampaging across the Americas. Surely that must put people off their work?!
  • edited August 2010
    Hi guys,

Why does it say 5:36pm today on the last post on here? It is only 11:41am here and I am in the USA.
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    It's not that spoilerific. Unless they defeat Cthulhu Max using the power of love and rave.

I just watched it. If it turns out they DO defeat Cthulhu max using rave dancing, I'm looking for you.
  • edited August 2010
    Did My pet Max escape again?!?!?!? Guess I'll have to send out my Dog Sam to go find him again!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    WesMote44 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Why does it say 5:36pm today on the last post on here? It is only 11:41am here and I am in the USA.
    It's always like that...
  • edited August 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocph45M1HO0
    is such a great vid for hyping up with.
  • edited August 2010
    Gmt?
  • edited August 2010
    Punctual? I could be wrong, but I don't remember a time when Telltale promised to release an episode at a specific time of the day. The release time is less predictable than it used to be, sure, but saying they're being less "punctual" than before isn't an accurate (nor fair) way of describing it.

But, meh. I'm getting into semantics now. I'll leave the discussion at that before I start getting too silly. :p

Ok ok, no need to be so pedantic. :p

Telltale used to promise to release the game when they got into the office between nine and ten. Now they usually release the game much later because they leave some bug fixing to do on release day. I don't know why they just can't push the release day back by one day and have to game out first thing like to used to.

What gets me is how secretive they are about the state of the game. They know if it's going to released in the next hour or later today and yet all we get is silence. If I knew it wasn't going to be out until later tonight then I wouldn't be hanging around this site pressing F5, I'd go and do something more meaningful with my life.
  • edited August 2010
    Hi guys,

Go into User CP and Settings and change it to your time zone.
  • edited August 2010
    Whatever time shows depends on what timezone you set it on. It *would* make sense to put it on your own.
    For me it shows 7:xx as times, which is... well, what it is here ;).

[/lesson]
    [Waiting]
  • edited August 2010
    I'm really tempted to do the whole Icon Set for the Devil's Playhouse Again.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Oh, they can dance so much better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoDpeQmTUds&feature=related

I'm doing the F5 thing. I can't believe it. Where's the dignity in that???
  • edited August 2010
    Darn, posts get fast here. Is that 5 in the same minute?

I would edit add this to my post, but I am afraid when I post it now there are 3 inbetween it and this anwyays...
  • edited August 2010
    OH GOD, do not search youtube for sam and max and hit upload date, I think I may have just spoiled something for myself.
  • edited August 2010
    Steam's Update News now boldly displays that the "SEASON FINALE AVAILABLE NOW!", yet there is no finale to be found. Gabe has tricked me yet again.

I am a sad panda.
  • edited August 2010
    I wonder if that's what goes on at the Telltale offices after a season finale is finally released to the eagerly-salivating public. Just a big ol' Telltale dance party...
  • edited August 2010
    Toast60 wrote: »
    Steam's Update News now boldly displays that the "SEASON FINALE AVAILABLE NOW!", yet there is no finale to be found.

I think you can find it on youtube, although I don't recommend anybody try - I expect the spoilers would.... er.. spoil things.
  • edited August 2010
    I may have accidently spoiled some characters! Hurry Telltale, please release it!!!
  • edited August 2010
    I want my 305!!! I want my 305!!! I want my 305!!!! LOL!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the warning, guys. But Youtube is my preferred waiting room!
  • edited August 2010
    Sometimes spoilers can be spoilery.
  • edited August 2010
    It's almost 4am here.
    I think I'll sleep, and avoid all of this intense waiting-ness. Night all. :p
  • edited August 2010
    Ok ok, no need to be so pedantic. :p

Telltale used to promise to release the game when they got into the office between nine and ten. Now they usually release the game much later because they leave some bug fixing to do on release day. I don't know why they just can't push the release day back by one day and have to game out first thing like to used to.

What gets me is how secretive they are about the state of the game. They know if it's going to released in the next hour or later today and yet all we get is silence. If I knew it wasn't going to be out until later tonight then I wouldn't be hanging around this site pressing F5, I'd go and do something more meaningful with my life.

Fair enough. And sorry for the pedantry. I'm a bit prone to that. ^^;

Now back to our regularly-scheduled waiting game ...
  • edited August 2010
    8 minutes to the new hour.

And possibly to the release of the episode?
  • edited August 2010
    Number game to pass the time. Each person says the next number without breaking the sequence...

• edited August 2010
    Hopefully, my day will go something like this: Get up early after a good night's sleep (which means getting to bed early, ha), start refresh monkeying on the games page until the game is posted, and then download it before Comcast comes out to change my internet around.

It'll more likely be something like this: Get up earlier than normal, but still later than I wanted after going to bed too late and not getting enough sleep, manage to check the games page briefly before Comcast shows up and still see no game, then come back and check in the evening after the installation to find that the game still hasn't been posted, then wait around until 8 pm for it to be posted like we did with Tales.

Called it so far. Comcast gets here in between one and three hours, so in order to have the game before my internet is knocked out, it'll have to be up in time for me to download it.
  • edited August 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Number game to pass the time. Each person says the next number without breaking the sequence...

Broken.
  • edited August 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    Sometimes spoilers can be spoilery.

It is worse than that. All I did was search Sam and Max and hit upload date and was presented with something that I think could well be a spoiler, without warning. If I were people, I'd stay off youtube, but for that brilliant dance video.
  • edited August 2010
    so how many glitches are we all expecting for the release??
  • edited August 2010
    so how many glitches are we all expecting for the release??

7. One game breaking. One bonus stage.
  • edited August 2010
    This waiting game has almost become part of the deal. Anticipation only adds to the experience... right? Meh, I'm not being very good at being optimistic. I just hope one of these spoilers people are talking about is Bosco, even though I seriously doubt it will be.
  • edited August 2010
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was atleast 1 gamestopper.

*is distracted by cat*
  • edited August 2010
    Pak-Man wrote: »
    I wonder if that's what goes on at the Telltale offices after a season finale is finally released to the eagerly-salivating public. Just a big ol' Telltale dance party...

pffft as if a game company has time for that during a work day haha
  • edited August 2010
    I think the game will be pristeen and have no faults.

OK, so can I have it now?
  • edited August 2010
    Depends on the Bosco ;) :p
  • edited August 2010
    IT'S UP

by "it" I mean your heart rate right now.
  • edited August 2010
    IT'S UP

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I fall for it everytime.
  • edited August 2010
    Stop doing that! Please... I'm REALLY excited...
  • edited August 2010
    IT'S UP

I blame society.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.