The City That Dares Not Sleep waiting thread

Comments

• edited August 2010
    brunner wrote: »
    It's a shame that Telltale is inconveniently placed in nearly the latest timezone possible.

It is indeed. I have suggested many times that they move their office to New Zealand, but do anyone listen to me? Oh noooo. Well I bet you're sorry now.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, I was right. I'm back home and still no 305.
  • edited August 2010
    brunner wrote: »
    It's a shame that Telltale is inconveniently placed in nearly the latest timezone possible.

Yeah, you'd expect them to think like "No, we can't be located in CA! What about the days we release new episodic games that we're dreaming of to make? WHAT IF WE DELAY THEM? Think of so many people resisting to go to their warm beds just in favor for our releases!"
  • edited August 2010
    Man, I haven't seen this may people obsessed with the difference in time zones since Smash Bros. Dojo...

Sakurai: (laughs)
  • edited August 2010
    AND middle school. You forgot middle school. Oh, and the second high school.

...goddammit! Self sabotage again!

oh u kids
  • edited August 2010
    (breathes a LONG heavy sigh)
  • edited August 2010
    Man, I haven't seen this may people obsessed with the difference in time zones since Smash Bros. Dojo...

Sakurai: (laughs)

Yeah-the worst I saw was when the Wii came out. I'll spare you the gory details for now.
  • edited August 2010
    ted12 wrote: »
    Yeah-the worst I saw was when the Wii came out. I'll spare you the gory details for now.

Please do tell, friend.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, Comcast is all done. Got my new internet and everything. Looks like I'll be downloading 305 much faster than I would've. When it comes out. Eventually.
  • edited August 2010
    ted12 wrote: »

Do Tell we got nothing better to do
  • edited August 2010
    Phew. Caught it.
  • edited August 2010
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand... it's midnight here :(.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, Comcast is all done. Got my new internet and everything. Looks like I'll be downloading 305 much faster than I would've. When it comes out. Eventually.

You've got a long wait ahead.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, Comcast is all done. Got my new internet and everything. Looks like I'll be downloading 305 much faster than I would've.

While me and Hassat Hunter wait forever for it to download! *sobs*
  • edited August 2010
    Come on lets make it to 50 Pages
  • edited August 2010
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand... it's midnight here :(.

Geez, man. Get some sleep.
  • edited August 2010
    I give up. Goodbye guys!
  • edited August 2010
    Kamilozo3 wrote: »
    I give up. Goodbye guys!

Bye bye.
  • edited August 2010
    I guess its not so bad for me.... Scrubs is on to hold me over. Plus, these cookies and Coca-Cola are delicious together.
  • edited August 2010
    http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/?p=636

This is hilarious! (It only makes sense if you've played "Majora's Mask" and "Animal Crossing")

I think 2P START! fits this situation better.
  • edited August 2010
    While me and Hassat Hunter wait forever for it to download! *sobs*
    If they just delay it 15 days, the new month starts and I can get it in 15 min again :D.
  • edited August 2010
    I've never understood why Telltale just don't give themselves a couple of days extra on the release dates they give out if they are scurrying around working on it until release. It'd avoid the usual "It's taking longer than expected" comments we usually get on release date.
  • edited August 2010
    stemot wrote: »
    I've never understood why Telltale just don't give themselves a couple of days extra on the release dates they give out if they are scurrying around working on it until release. It'd avoid the usual "It's taking longer than expected" comments we usually get on release date.

But then we wouldn't get these epic waiting threads chronicling the details of everyone's life up to the point the game is released.
  • edited August 2010

Because in the gaming/coding buisness no matter how much "wiggle" room you allow on you release date you WILL use the extra time to work on bugs etc and last minute issues will arise.

Giving 2 days extra than u think you need is jsut inviting 2 more days of issues popping up to then delay you.
  • edited August 2010

They don't want to add the finishing touches days before the release. It's pretty understandable if we consider them being also hasty about releasing the episode and if they finish the whole process and whenever clicking on only one button is required to release the episode; they'd damn do it in that day.
  • edited August 2010
    Maybe this will go on until the late hours like the last one did. Then we'll have the fanbase that dare not sleep. :^)
  • edited August 2010
    Pak-Man wrote: »
    Maybe this will go on until the late hours like the last one did. Then we'll have the fanbase that dare not sleep. :^)

*blam* Sorry, mate. it had to be done.
  • edited August 2010
    Except for those damn aussies, who get the game AND are refreshed from a full night sleep.
  • edited August 2010
    So while everyone is shooting their brothers and fellow forumers, there is still no game!! Well, I say it's time to start a riot, last one to Telltale headquarters gets to hold the shotgun!
  • edited August 2010
    *blam* Sorry, mate. it had to be done.

I know. How dare he beat me to that joke.
  • edited August 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    So while everyone is shooting their brothers and fellow forumers, there is still no game!! Well, I say it's time to start a riot, last one to Telltale headquarters gets to hold the shotgun!

Why would you NOT want to hold the shotgun?
  • edited August 2010

It's a last minute raid, I had to get the items... "Cheap"... >_>
  • edited August 2010

'Cause everyone else gets to hold bazookas.
  • edited August 2010
    splash1 wrote: »

Um, Jake? Better release the game. This forum is getting restless.
  • edited August 2010
    'Cause everyone else gets to hold bazookas.
    Or control tanks, apache's, fighter jets etc.
  • edited August 2010
    The game better be released soon or I swear to god I will let down a FIERY MESS of electric shock and insect swarm, ALL OVER your building.
  • edited August 2010
    Um, Jake? Better release the game. This forum is getting restless.
    Only 2 messengers died so far. I say it's just a "minor scuffle"...
  • edited August 2010
    Or control tanks, apache's, fighter jets etc.

In this instance I could only get a flamethrower and over 800 pitchforks. Oh, and I got a faulty shotgun and a blimp where we'll drop rock on the roof of the Telltale building!
  • edited August 2010
    i like how everyone assumes the people who put the game up are the people who visit the forums often
  • edited August 2010
    Only 2 messengers died so far. I say it's just a "minor scuffle"...

I hardly think that when someone DIES it's a minor scuffle.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.