[BTTF quotes thread] I must play this game! It is my density

Comments

• edited April 2011
    "You sent me a letter." *holds letter up*

*reading while holding a magnifying glass to mouth* "Dear Marty, if my calculations are correct, you will receive this letter immediately after you saw the DeLorean struck by lightning."

*puts down magnifying glass*

"First, let me assure you that I am alive and well. I've been living happily these past eight months in the year 1885. The lightning bolt that hit the DeLorean caused a gigawatt overload which scrambled the time circuits, activated the flux capacitor and sent me back to 1885. The overload shorted out the time circuits and destroyed the flying circuits. Unfortunately, the car will never fly again."

*stops reading* "It actually flew?"
  • edited April 2011
    "I don't believe it!"

"That's right Doc, November 12, 1955."
  • edited April 2011
    *reading while holding a magnifying glass to mouth* "Dear Marty, if my calculations are correct, you will receive this letter immediately after you saw the DeLorean struck by lightning."

*puts down magnifying glass*

"First, let me assure you that I am alive and well. I've been living happily these past eight months in the year 1885. The lightning bolt that hit the DeLorean caused a gigawatt overload which scrambled the time circuits, activated the flux capacitor and sent me back to 1885. The overload shorted out the time circuits and destroyed the flying circuits. Unfortunately, the car will never fly again."

*stops reading* "It actually flew?"

"Yeah, well, you had a hover conversion done in the early 21st century."

"Incredible..."
    *continues reading* "I set myself up as a blacksmith as a front while I attempted to repair the damage to the time circuits. Unfortunately, this proved impossible because suitable replacement parts will not be invented until 1947. However, I have gotten quite adept at shoeing horses and fixing wagons."

*finishes sentence and grins*
    "1885! Amazing...I actually end up as a blacksmith in the Old West!"
  • edited April 2011
    "1885! Amazing...I actually end up as a blacksmith in the Old West!"

"Pretty heavy, huh?"
  • edited April 2011
    "That's right Doc, November 12, 1955."

"Unbelievable that Old Biff could have chosen that particular date. It could mean that that point in time inherently contains some sort of cosmic significance, almost as if it were the temporal judgment point for the entire space-time continuum! On the other hand, it could just be an amazing coincidence."
  • edited April 2011
    "Pretty heavy, huh?"

*keeps reading* "I have buried the DeLorean in the abandoned Delgado Mine adjacent to the old Boot Hill Cemetery as shown on the enclosed map. Hopefully, it should remain undisturbed and preserved until you uncover it in 1955. Inside, you will find repair instructions. My 1955 counterpart -that's me- should have no problem repairing it so that you can drive it back to the future. Once you have returned to 1985, destroy the time machine." *stops reading*

"Destroy it?"
  • edited April 2011
    *keeps reading* "I have buried the DeLorean in the abandoned Delgado Mine adjacent to the old Boot Hill Cemetery as shown on the enclosed map. Hopefully, it should remain undisturbed and preserved until you uncover it in 1955. Inside, you will find repair instructions. My 1955 counterpart -that's me- should have no problem repairing it so that you can drive it back to the future. Once you have returned to 1985, destroy the time machine." *stops reading*

"Destroy it?"

*inspects red car* "Yeah, well..." *puts car in trash bin* "It's a long story, Doc."
  • edited April 2011
    *inspects red car* "Yeah, well..." *puts car in trash bin* "It's a long story, Doc."

*keeps reading* "Do not, I repeat, do not attempt to come back here to get me. I am perfectly happy living in the fresh air and wide open spaces, and I fear that unnecessary time travel only risks further disruption of the space-time continuum. And please take care of... *points to words* Einstein for me."

*looks at Marty* "Einstein?"
  • edited April 2011
    *looks at Marty* "Einstein?"

"He's your dog, Doc. Einstein, it's what you call your dog in 1985."
  • edited April 2011
    "He's your dog, Doc. Einstein, it's what you call your dog in 1985."

*scoffs, then continues reading* "I know you will give him a good home. Remember to walk him twice a day and that he only likes canned dog food. These are my wishes, please respect them and follow them. And so, Marty, I now say farewell and wish you godspeed. You've been a good, kind, and loyal friend to me, and you made a real difference in my life. I will always treasure our relationship, and think on you with fond memories, warm feelings, and a special place in my heart. Your friend in time, "Doc" Emmett L. Brown, September 1, 1885." *finishes*

"I never knew I could write anything so touching."
  • edited April 2011
    "I never knew I could write anything so touching."

"I know." *pats back* "I know, Doc. It's beautiful."
  • edited April 2011
    "I know." *pats back* "I know, Doc. It's beautiful."

*puppy in chair whimpers*

"Oh, it's all right, Copernicus. Everything's gonna be fine!"
  • edited April 2011
    *puppy in chair whimpers*

"Oh, it's all right, Copernicus. Everything's gonna be fine!"

"I'm sorry, Doc. It's all my fault you're stuck back there. I never should've let Biff get to me."
  • edited April 2011
    "I'm sorry, Doc. It's all my fault you're stuck back there. I never should've let Biff get to me."

"There are plenty of worse places of being than the Old West. I could've ended up in the Dark Ages. They probably would've burned me at the stake as a heretic or something." *opens map* "Let's look at the map. Alright, according to this, the time vehicle's sealed off in a site... we may have to blast."

*cuts to blasting the mine open*
  • edited April 2011
    *cuts to blasting the mine open*

*waits until the smoke clears and slowly stands up* "Whoa, I think you woke up the dead with that blast."
  • edited April 2011
    *waits until the smoke clears and slowly stands up* "Whoa, I think you woke up the dead with that blast."

*stands up and quickly gives a camera to Marty* "Take this camera, I want to document everything!"

*cuts to Copernicus with helmet on inside the mine, Doc and Marty following* "This reminds me of the time when I attempted to reach the center of the earth. I had been reading my favorite author, Jules Verne. I spent weeks preparing that expedition and I didn't even get this far. Of course, I was only twelve at the time. You know, it was the writings of Jules Verne that had a profound effect on my life. It was when I was eleven thatI first read Twenty-Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. It was then that I realized that I must devote my life to science." *stares off into distance*
  • edited April 2011
    *cuts to Copernicus with helmet on inside the mine, Doc and Marty following* "This reminds me of the time when I attempted to reach the center of the earth. I had been reading my favorite author, Jules Verne. I spent weeks preparing that expedition and I didn't even get this far. Of course, I was only twelve at the time. You know, it was the writings of Jules Verne that had a profound effect on my life. It was when I was eleven thatI first read Twenty-Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. It was then that I realized that I must devote my life to science." *stares off into distance*

*shines light on initials inscribed on plank* "Doc, check it out. Look at this."
  • edited April 2011
    *shines light on initials inscribed on plank* "Doc, check it out. Look at this."

*walks over and also shines light on said plank* "My initials! Just like in Journey to the Center of the Earth! That means the time machine must be right through this wall!"
  • edited April 2011
    *walks over and also shines light on said plank* "My initials! Just like in Journey to the Center of the Earth! That means the time machine must be right through this wall!"

*with Doc's help, breaks down wall and peers inside*
  • edited April 2011
    *with Doc's help, breaks down wall and peers inside*

*both shine lights on DeLorean covered with a tarp*

*breathes* "It's been buried here for 70 years, 2 months, and 13 days! Astounding!"
  • edited April 2011
    *both shine lights on DeLorean covered with a tarp*

*breathes* "It's been buried here for 70 years, 2 months, and 13 days! Astounding!"

*reading* "As you can see, the lightning bolt shorted out the time circuit control microchip." *looks over at the chip before returning to the letter* "The attached sch..sche.."
  • edited April 2011
    *reading* "As you can see, the lightning bolt shorted out the time circuit control microchip." *looks over at the chip before returning to the letter* "The attached sch..sche.."

*helps Marty* "Schematic."
  • edited April 2011
    *helps Marty* "Schematic."

*repeats* "Schematic." *continues reading* "Schematic diagram will allow you to build a replacement unit, the 1955 components thus restoring the time machine to perfect working order."
  • edited April 2011
    *repeats* "Schematic." *continues reading* "Schematic diagram will allow you to build a replacement unit, the 1955 components thus restoring the time machine to perfect working order."

*looks at chip with magnifying glass* "Unbelievable that this little piece of junk could be such a big problem."

*continues looking* "No wonder this circuit failed. It says 'Made in Japan'".
  • edited April 2011
    *looks at chip with magnifying glass* "Unbelievable that this little piece of junk could be such a big problem."

*continues looking* "No wonder this circuit failed. It says 'Made in Japan'".

*looks over* "What do you mean, Doc? All the best stuff is made in Japan."
  • edited April 2011
    *looks over* "What do you mean, Doc? All the best stuff is made in Japan."

*looks up* "Unbelievable!"

*cuts to DeLorean being pulled upwards by tow truck*

"You know, when I was a kid, I always wanted to be a cowboy. Now knowing that I'm gonna spend my future in the past, it sounds like a wonderful way to spend my retirement years. It just occurred to me, Marty... Since I end up in 1885, perhaps I am now in the history books. I wonder... could I go to the library and look myself up in the old newspaper archives?"
  • edited April 2011
    I'm pleased to say that we've been quoting Part III for about four hours and we've only managed to get through seven minutes of the film. Thank you for being such a dedicated partner.
    *looks up* "Unbelievable!"

*cuts to DeLorean being pulled upwards by tow truck*

"You know, when I was a kid, I always wanted to be a cowboy. Now knowing that I'm gonna spend my future in the past, it sounds like a wonderful way to spend my retirement years. It just occurred to me, Marty... Since I end up in 1885, perhaps I am now in the history books. I wonder... could I go to the library and look myself up in the old newspaper archives?"

"I don't know, Doc. You're the one who's always saying, y'know, it's not good to know too much about your own destiny."
  • edited April 2011
    "I don't know, Doc. You're the one who's always saying, y'know, it's not good to know too much about your own destiny."

"You're right Marty. I know too much already. Better that I not uncover any particulars of my own...future. Copernicus! Come on boy!"
  • edited April 2011
    "You're right Marty. I know too much already. Better that I not uncover any particulars of my own...future. Copernicus! Come on boy!"

"I'll get him, Doc." *starts walking towards gravesite* "Copernicus! Copernicus! C'mon, let's go home boy. What's wrong? What's wrong, Copernicus? C'mon." *picks him up* "C'mon, let's go home. C'mon" *runs back to grave and turns light on it* "Doc! Doc! C'mere, quick!"
  • edited April 2011
    "What's wrong, Marty? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"You're not far off, Doc. Look at this."

Doc reads the gravestone and clutches his chest.

"Oh! Great Scott!"
  • edited April 2011
    Slacker!
  • edited April 2011
    smallo wrote: »
    "Oh! Great Scott!"

"Check this out: Died September 7th, 1885. That's one week after you wrote the letter!" *continues reading* "Erected in eternal memory by his beloved Clara." *stands up and turns to Doc* "Who the hell is Clara?"
  • edited April 2011
    "Check this out: Died September 7th, 1885. That's one week after you wrote the letter!" *continues reading* "Erected in eternal memory by his beloved Clara." *stands up and turns to Doc* "Who the hell is Clara?"

"Marty, please don't stand there!!"
  • edited April 2011
    "Marty, please don't stand there!!"

*looks down and realises what he means* "OH!" *jumps off* "Right, sorry." *takes out camera* "I gotta get another picture." *takes photo*
  • edited April 2011
    I'm pleased to say that we've been quoting Part III for about four hours and we've only managed to get through seven minutes of the film. Thank you for being such a dedicated partner.

Hey, no problem! :D And thanks to everyone else who kept this going till now!

*looks down and realises what he means* "OH!" *jumps off* "Right, sorry." *takes out camera* "I gotta get another picture." *takes photo*

*looks at tombstone and reads* "Shot in the back by Buford Tannen over a matter of 80 dollars..."

*looks at Marty* "What kind of a future do you call that?!"
  • edited April 2011
    *looks at tombstone and reads* "Shot in the back by Buford Tannen over a matter of 80 dollars..."

*looks at Marty* "What kind of a future do you call that?!"

*cuts to library, putting picture on table* "Buford Tannen was a notorious gunman whose short temper and a tendency to drool, earned him the nickname 'Mad Dog'. He was quick on the trigger and bragged that he killed twelve men, not including Indians or Chinamen."
  • edited April 2011
    *puts picture on table* "Buford Tannen was a notorious gunman whose short temper and a tendency to drool, earned him the nickname 'Mad Dog'. He was quick on the trigger and bragged that he killed twelve men, not including Indians or Chinamen."

*stops looking through other papers* "Does it mention me? Am I one of the twelve?"
  • edited April 2011
    *stops looking through other papers* "Does it mention me? Am I one of the twelve?"

*holds up hand* "Just a minute." *continues reading* "However this claim can not be substantiated since precise records were not kept after Tannen shot a newspaper editor who printed an unfavorable story about him in 1884; that's why we can't find him."
  • edited April 2011
    *holds up hand* "Just a minute." *continues reading* "However this claim can not be substantiated since precise records were not kept after Tannen shot a newspaper editor who printed an unfavorable story about him in 1884; that's why we can't find him."

*comes over and puts book down on table* "Look, *points to text under picture* William McFly and family. Your relatives?"
  • edited April 2011
    *comes over and puts book down on table* "Look, William McFly and family. Your relatives?"

"My great-grandfather's name was William." *points at picture* "That's him. Good looking guy."

EDIT: Sorry, ShadowKnight. I believe I ninja'd you.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.