Sam and Max Abridged

Comments

• edited February 2011
    do you think you won
  • edited February 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »
    do you think you won

Hopefully I did. They extended the deadline of the contest by a week, so maybe by tomorrow I should find out the results.

And I have been working like crazy on Episode 3's script! I hope to get it finished by tonight... it's gonna be a blast!
  • edited February 2011
    lattsam wrote: »
    Hopefully I did. They extended the deadline of the contest by a week, so maybe by tomorrow I should find out the results.

And I have been working like crazy on Episode 3's script! I hope to get it finished by tonight... it's gonna be a blast!

Good Luck! And I look forward to seeing the script!
  • edited February 2011
    its almost the end of the day, and there is still no script
  • edited February 2011
    its almost the end of the day, and there is still no script

Give him a minute, would ya?
  • edited February 2011
    but, it is 1:02 AM GMT, and it is not done
  • edited February 2011
    Um, that was kinda funny. But the main appeal of an abridged series is to make it funnier than the original but with less content, which it was not. Sam and Max's self-deprecating humor makes it kind of abridged-seriesish already. It's sort of like parodying a Weird Al Song, it just doesn't work. Good try, though! And I'll stay tuned just in case.
  • edited February 2011
    The script for Episode 3 is ready. Gohaku, Seibert999 and StrongBrush1, if you would check your private messages, please?
  • edited February 2011
    I've looked over the script and I will record my dialogue as soon as possible!
  • edited February 2011
    Alright this looks like a fun script. There may be a slight delay in my recording because I'm looking at getting a nice microphone. I'll have my lines ready asap though.
  • edited February 2011
    CRAP! my mom wont let me use the role.
  • edited February 2011
    If you need a new HArry I could try and maybe epically fail, despite saying I probaably can't do it..
  • edited February 2011
    yeah, my mom thinks one line about my character having sex with a dead rabbit is bad
  • edited February 2011
    yeah, my mom thinks one line about my character having sex with a dead rabbit is bad

I can understand why she would think that. Fortunately, you can still be the president in the next episode.

Lattsam permitting, of course.
  • edited February 2011
    i cant do it unless you change it to something similar to it
  • edited February 2011
    Sorry... but you can be the president in episode 4, okay?
  • edited February 2011
    Sorry... but you can be the president in episode 4, okay?

lattsam, if you need a cover for Harry this episode, I'm able to do it.... I've got a decent range of voices I can do...;)
    Not bragging in any way either.
  • edited February 2011
    Gohaku wrote: »
    lattsam, if you need a cover for Harry this episode, I'm able to do it.... I've got a decent range of voices I can do...;)
    Not bragging in any way either.

You can do it if you want to... I'm using Remolay as a back-up option for Harry just in case...

Show me what you got!
  • edited February 2011
    You can do it if you want to... I'm using Remolay as a back-up option for Harry just in case...

Show me what you got!

Will do! You'll see :)
  • edited February 2011
    Looks like we are rivals again, Gohaku. May the best man win.

I claim Superball.
  • edited February 2011
    Remolay wrote: »

I claim Superball.

Aw, man! I wanted to be Superball.

Well, if you take Superball, then I'M taking Lincoln!
  • edited February 2011
    Remolay wrote: »

I claim Superball.

LOL! It's totally unintentional! ....Although I did consider Superball.... But sure, I don't want to try to do too many characters :)
  • edited February 2011
    Sorry to say that I couldn't finish watching it. Its funny but not much.
  • edited February 2011
    Digitel wrote: »
    Sorry to say that I couldn't finish watching it. Its funny but not much.

Your honesty is appreciated, really. I'm still having fun voicing Max, however :D
  • edited February 2011
    I resurrect this thread!
  • edited February 2011
    I resurrect this thread!
    (choral harmonic) lol
    Rightfully so, StrongBrush!
    Ok, I've finished the Max and Harry lines lattsam. I'm sending them tonight!
  • edited February 2011
    I've also finished my lines for the Toy Mafiosi and Leonard.
  • edited February 2011
    In that case, I'm going to work on it! I've already worked on the cold opening so far...
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011

Some amazing improvement.

Edit: I'd look into increasing the volume of the Max and Sam voices, they're barely audible.
  • edited February 2011
    Ignore smallfish, it's a spambot. That was one of my first posts in this thread it just quoted.

I would like to note: Harry Moleman is hard on my throat. So is Featherly. Episode 6 should be funnn -_-
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks for the opportunity to do this! I'd love to do it again.
  • edited February 2011
    Everything is improving so much, and I really like how the episode came out lattsam. Good use of wtf boom and the other memes. I was laughing aloud more often; good timing! Hmm, my volume seemed a tad low... Do I need to make some adjustments on my end?

Wow, Strongbrush you've got a DEEP voice. Great work with Leonard lol.

Haha! Good show Remolay.... looks like you got Harry! Good job!
    Well, I'm definitely going for Superball now.... I can do deeper voices too T___T
    If that's okay with lattsam :)
  • edited February 2011
    i enjoyed the video, to bad i was not harry, but i will try to be a great president, plus we never really new the presidents name, but i guess that is not important
  • mDtmDt
    edited February 2011
    I have seen that "Freelance Police" is being used in the abridged series, which I knew about but never really looked into all that much. All I have to say is this - do you want me to make you an edit to those specifications? It sounds a little choppy and it wouldn't be too hard for me to just recut the instrumental so you have a little thirty-second file for your videos.
  • edited February 2011
    mDt wrote: »
    I have seen that "Freelance Police" is being used in the abridged series, which I knew about but never really looked into all that much. All I have to say is this - do you want me to make you an edit to those specifications? It sounds a little choppy and it wouldn't be too hard for me to just recut the instrumental so you have a little thirty-second file for your videos.

Sure, why not? If it'll improve the series, go ahead! :)
  • mDtmDt
    edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    one suggestion for the ep 4 script, i think Sybil should see abe at the confrence because she think he has sybils 50 buck
  • edited February 2011
    one suggestion for the ep 4 script, i think Sybil should see abe at the confrence because she think he has sybils 50 buck

Maybe it'll be in there... you never know! ;)
  • edited February 2011
    A suggestion for Episode 4:

Sam: Hey, look behind you! A three headed monkey!
    Superball: Really? I'll have to report this to the authorities, sir. (Cut to Superball on the phone.)
    Max: Well, that was easy.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.