Sam and Max Abridged

Comments

• edited March 2011
    WOW! This episode is awesome! MDT, you have a great voice! Nice debut ;) And everyone, great job! Man, we've got an ambitious cast. I nearly forgot siebert! That line you did as the president was hilarious :D Nice work!

To the rest of you lurkers (jk) and anyone who cares, PLEASE provide FEEDBACK!
    (I'm voicing Max and The Bug btw)

This is now episode 4. Surely there's something you'd like to comment on @___@
    Comments are greatly appreciated!
  • edited March 2011
    Best episode yet.

Also I think my phone has a higher quallity microphone than my headset.
  • edited March 2011
    You need a voice for The Internet? I'll totally do her voice. I'm quite good at speaking professionally while talking about how Reality 2.0 is so good that nobody will ever want to leave. Ever.

Also, I may be jumping the gun here, but if you should want to lampoon Papierwaite's effeminate character by casting a female for that part, let me know. Since you have males doing female voices (or at least Sybil) it might be fun to have a female do a male's voice. And which male is a better candidate than the one with the "hairless, ladylike torso?"
  • edited March 2011
    You need a voice for The Internet? I'll totally do her voice. I'm quite good at speaking professionally while talking about how Reality 2.0 is so good that nobody will ever want to leave. Ever.

Also, I may be jumping the gun here, but if you should want to lampoon Papierwaite's effeminate character by casting a female for that part, let me know. Since you have males doing female voices (or at least Sybil) it might be fun to have a female do a male's voice. And which male is a better candidate than the one with the "hairless, ladylike torso?"

You into Portal? I'm thinking of making The Internet kind of like Glados from that game, giving her classic lines such as "There will be cake".

Been a while since I played that game, though...
  • edited March 2011
    Okay, we need Voices for the following People:

Bob Bell
    Curt 386
    Bluster Blaster
    The Internet

If queen of the lobsters is taking the internet, then I'll provide voices for all of the computers, if no one else minds.
  • edited March 2011
    Oh my god , will you people stop, LittleKuriboh did something great and continues to, but now every tom dick and skeletor try to do the same.

You cant take something that was originally intentionally funny and try to make it ... funny.
  • edited March 2011
    Dage wrote: »
    Oh my god , will you people stop, LittleKuriboh did something great and continues to, but now every tom dick and skeletor try to do the same.

You cant take something that was originally intentionally funny and try to make it ... funny.

Says Who?
  • edited March 2011
    Says Who?

*Raises hand*

It's not impossible, per se, but it is incredibly difficult to do. And you guys don't quite have that caliber.

Admittedly, there were a couple of times I chuckled, but the writing of the series just isn't that great. Gohaku's pretty much the only decent VA on this team. And ultimately, the jokes don't seem to flow. Not a lot of things seem to work.

This is fun for you guys, though. I can tell that you're enjoying yourselves making this series - and I honestly can't complain about that.

I'm just not really a fan. And I don't expect this to get much bigger. Sorry. :/
  • edited March 2011
    1nky wrote: »
    gohaku's pretty much the only decent va on this team.

ಠ_ಠ

Son, I am disappoint.
  • edited March 2011

Congratulations, Dage. You've just given me an idea of a joke that I'll use in Episode 5. :p
  • edited March 2011
    Well why does any abridger do what they do and keep doing it? Fun.

Simply put, this is fun. Up until Rebeca showed up in Yu-Gi-Oh abridged Little Kuriboh voiced every character, and after that He still voiced most of them up until Team Fourstar joined in as the big 5.

If you watch the early episodes and a new one you will hear the change so much, he wasn't too good as a VA either. His accent even slipped a few times. He's made fun of that fact.

I can tell you that stuff for this is like my second voice roll, and the first that ever got put anywhere, and I'm having fun with it. I don't care if other people like it, as long as the cast likes it it's okay. Anyone else is a bonus.

I now want to try to do an overly serious version of Bo-BoBo Bo BoBo-Bo because I say that's the only way you can abridge that total festival of Random nonsense.

Also, The Tom Dick and Skeletor remark was kinda funny, even if I don't like the message.
  • edited March 2011
    ಠ_ಠ

Son, I am disappoint.

Sorry, dude. D: Just trying to be honest.

By all means, though, continue. Could get better. :)
  • mDtmDt
    edited March 2011
    I could probably do Bob Bell as it's not too much of a stretch from my announcer. Is Curt 386 the one that sounds like Stephen Hawking's type-talk program? Maybe those lines should just be typed.

As for comments about "Guys stop, you suck" and what not, I'm kind of indifferent about the whole thing. I'm not entirely attached to the series, but people seem to like it so I don't see any point in hating it or rallying for it to stop. It has moments and I don't mind contributing to it if I can. Then again, I don't think I've ever really been a fan of too many of the abridged series...es... in the first place, as most of them center around anime and I don't like a lot of anime to begin with.

Still, in the world of "this guy did it first, stop copying him", that whole argument is pretty moot since the whole overdubbed-parody concept entails using someone else's work to make your own content in the first place. So without someone ripping off another person's work in the first place, you wouldn't have your "original," and I'm sure there were butthurt fanboys that wished they would've stopped tampering in things they have no business meddling with. If you don't like it, don't watch it - that's the easiest way you can remove something you don't like from your life, just don't pay attention to it. I don't recall ever being hounded or begged to watch any of these videos.
  • edited March 2011
    mDt wrote: »
    As for comments about "Guys stop, you suck" and what not, I'm kind of indifferent about the whole thing. I'm not entirely attached to the series, but people seem to like it so I don't see any point in hating it or rallying for it to stop. It has moments and I don't mind contributing to it if I can. Then again, I don't think I've ever really been a fan of too many of the abridged series...es... in the first place, as most of them center around anime and I don't like a lot of anime to begin with.

Still, in the world of "this guy did it first, stop copying him", that whole argument is pretty moot since the whole overdubbed-parody concept entails using someone else's work to make your own content in the first place. So without someone ripping off another person's work in the first place, you wouldn't have your "original," and I'm sure there were butthurt fanboys that wished they would've stopped tampering in things they have no business meddling with. If you don't like it, don't watch it - that's the easiest way you can remove something you don't like from your life, just don't pay attention to it. I don't recall ever being hounded or begged to watch any of these videos.

Points taken. If someone's really enjoying what they're doing, and not really hurting anything while they're doing it, there's no reason that they should stop.

Sorry about that past remark, guys. Maybe I oughtta just keep my mouth shut.
  • edited March 2011
    lattsam wrote: »
    You into Portal? I'm thinking of making The Internet kind of like Glados from that game, giving her classic lines such as "There will be cake".

Been a while since I played that game, though...

Never played the game, but I can do GLaDOS. I can even sign a little "Still Alive" if need be. I don't have Autotune though, nor do I know how to use it, but I take it you usually do the voice editing and whatnot before each episode anyhow.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned this yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K6mA_EOvAM

I've watched it, and it's really funny!

Its great when the creator of something reviews his own work :rolleyes:

Anyway do what you will .. a portal joke.. has that been done yet?

Abriding 101 and my first pet peev is the audio levels, before you even attempt to make a contrived abridged series you MUST watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVsz9KBSQ8Q
  • edited March 2011
    ill play curt my voice was pretty low
  • edited March 2011
    Okay, the New cast list should be this:

Bob Bell: mDt
    Curt 386: seibert999
    Bluster Blaster: I call Dibs!
    The Internet: Queen of the Lobsters
  • mDtmDt
    edited March 2011
    Its great when the creator of something reviews his own work :rolleyes:

I actually think there was a reason for that - something like his original account was banned and he came back with another account. If you keep reading the thread, they talk about it.
    Okay, it's me. I only did this because I didn't appreciate being banned the first time around.

Either way, keep on wasting your time against something you have no interest in. Keep on trolling in the free world, Dage.
  • edited March 2011
    As I'm pursuing VA professionally, I must say that I'm more than happy to add this project to my demo reel. I'm grateful to lattsam for letting me dub Max's voice and I'm having fun while doing it. I like the enthusiasm and energy of the crew and I think everyone's doing a nice job so far. Things have only gotten better since this abridged parody got started. Again, feedback helps with improvements... We'll weed out the non-constructive criticisms :p
    @ 1nky your honesty is still appreciated; everyone's a critic, as they say. I appreciate the feedback :)
  • edited March 2011
    Here's my audition for BOB http://www.mediafire.com/?s8702yfv5u7k8rh

PS: The sound was edited in audacity to generate the phone effect.
  • edited March 2011
    good
  • edited March 2011
    I penned the script for the fifth episode! If you received the script in an e-mail and/or private message, you're in this episode's cast!

Here there be Portal quotes!
  • edited March 2011
    please private message me
  • edited March 2011
    I'll do my lines today. Why did you not include any Paula Deen jokes? Not one?
  • edited March 2011
    I'll do my lines today. Why did you not include any Paula Deen jokes? Not one?

Paula Deen Riding Things? I haven't seen THAT meme before!

But, yeah, maybe I'll change one of my lines to include a PD reference.
  • edited March 2011
    Got my lines recorded for Bluster Blaster. Trolls beware of satire.
  • edited March 2011
    why have you not gave me my PM yet

EDIT:oops, i did not chck my Email plus i did not use my rock band Mic so the voice will be different
  • edited March 2011
    Seibert, you're voice will likely be filtered anyway so you don't have to worry.

I can't wait to see it, Sorry I can't be a part of it. I'm still sick anyway.
  • mDtmDt
    edited March 2011
    Soooooo I'm not Bob? Okay.
  • edited March 2011
    mDt wrote: »
    Soooooo I'm not Bob? Okay.

Hey, at least your opening theme music is still in there! :D
  • edited March 2011
    finished it and i have an idea:debut ep5 on the day portal 2 comes out
  • edited April 2011
    Done done-done-done DONE! :D
    with the episode 5 lines that is
  • edited April 2011
    Sorry about the delay. Stuff happened. I'll have to do my lines on Monday.
  • edited April 2011
    really if it come out the day portal 2 comes, it would be a perfect fit
  • edited April 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »
    really if it come out the day portal 2 comes, it would be a perfect fit

Wow, that's actually awesome!
  • edited April 2011
    you'd be surprised what i can think of, anyway if you do my idea, you would have to do it in 2 weeks
  • edited April 2011
    alright!
  • edited April 2011
    Episode 5 is just about halfway complete... I'ma start working on the rest of the episode tonight, and I hope to have it up by tomorrow morning!

Mightypiratetm's and Queen_of_the_lobsters' contributions to the cast are interesting indeed... all I can tell you is Reality 2.0 will never be the same again after tomorrow!
  • edited April 2011
    Episode 5 is just about halfway complete... I'ma start working on the rest of the episode tonight, and I hope to have it up by tomorrow morning!

Mightypiratetm's and Queen_of_the_lobsters' contributions to the cast are interesting indeed... all I can tell you is Reality 2.0 will never be the same again after tomorrow!

I'm excited already! :D
    Hey I hope I get to do more varied voices in future episodes ^^;
    I know how do flint's voice btw
Sign in to comment in this discussion.