Sam and Max Abridged

Comments

• edited January 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »
    yeah my voice is pretty high, enough for harry, i'd give you a demo if i knew how to do it with windows

Okay.
  • edited January 2011
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Here's a good one for recording voice, I think there is an export to mp3 button in there somewhere.
  • edited January 2011
    Teeth wrote: »
    Gohaku, well done, you were excellent. :D You bloody stole the show from Lattsam. :p

Lattsam, I do have to compliment your comedic timing, and I had my doubts about an abridged series of something that is already a comedy, but you seem to be pulling it off pretty well. :D

However, I do hope you'll drop the voice actor bashing...it was just about acceptable in Episode 1 since it was something that caused controversy among the fanbase when Telltale first started, but in this one you out and out insulted Telltale's voice actors, saying they can't act. I hope by the time you get to 305 Abridged it won't be like "I miss my little buddy, and I miss his original voice actor from 18 years ago! His current voice actor who started half a decade ago is awful."

:o Thanks a bunch, Teeth! I do give credit to lattsam's ambitious writing. Also, I think he's just following the arc of drama coinciding with the Sam&Max series, not to bash on TellTale. It's all for the love of the crime fighting duo after all!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed it! Thanks again for the compliment!:D
  • edited January 2011
    I know seibert already volunteered for the president, but I can do a pretty good impression of him if you need one.
  • edited January 2011
    If you need me for Girl Stinky or Nefertiti, I'm here.
  • edited January 2011
    I know seibert already volunteered for the president, but I can do a pretty good impression of him if you need one.

yeah you should, my voice is to high for that job
  • edited January 2011
    Do you have any more open slots? I could be The Toy mafia members.
  • edited January 2011
    i realy heeard strongbrush1 he is good
  • edited January 2011
    I'm bumping this thread because I'd like to see more feedback from more viewers. Feedback can lead to improvement! The second episode is now up and new cast members have been added. Lattsam also took some advice from earlier posters who have made comments about the first episode. So, what do think of it now? Do you like the jokes? What about the performances? How's my Max act? ;)

Let us know what you think and we'll get funnier! ....Or we'll just ignore you depending on the comment :p
    Thanks for watching! Episode 2

And to all of you interested in acting for future episodes, I'm sure Lattsam would be happy to have you on board. Right lattsam?
  • edited January 2011
    i would want to be harry moleman
  • edited January 2011
    i would want to be harry moleman

Great! Well, I'm sure lattsam would gladly hear an audition from you. As soon as he sees the posts and responds, that is.
  • edited January 2011
    Like I said before, seibert999 can be Harry Moleman.

But first, I've gotta start working on the script for Episode 3. Then I can show it to him. ;)
  • edited January 2011
    lattsam wrote: »
    Like I said before, seibert999 can be Harry Moleman.

But first, I've gotta start working on the script for Episode 3. Then I can show it to him. ;)

What about me? Can I be the toy mobsters?
  • edited January 2011
    What about me? Can I be the toy mobsters?

Sure, why not! ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Sure, why not! ;)

Sweet!
  • edited January 2011
    how do you give people your scrpt

@strongbrush1:cool, looks like my character will be your boss
  • edited January 2011
    @strongbrush1:cool, looks like my character will be your boss

Yes, but I get to be YOUR boss come Episode 4.
  • edited January 2011
    oh, ah crap, but the role is still good
  • edited January 2011
    Hey, dude? Anybody? When are we making this thing?
  • edited January 2011
    When Lattsam has the script done most likely.
  • edited January 2011
    Remolay wrote: »
    When Lattsam has the script dont most likely.

Say what?
  • edited January 2011
    fixd
  • edited January 2011
    Lads, the second episode was very good! The "driving" bit cracks me up every time! :D
  • edited January 2011
    i think in ep 3 maybe in the chase scene we all can yell DRIVING
  • edited January 2011
    i think in ep 3 maybe in the chase scene we all can yell DRIVING

Driving!
  • edited January 2011
    i just was giving a suggestion
  • edited January 2011
    i just was giving a suggestion

And I was just making a joke.
  • edited January 2011
    I don't...know I really don't...I haven't laughed..and I don't know.
  • edited January 2011
    I should say, i couldn't even watch it all the way.
  • edited January 2011
    It'll get funnier, I promise.
  • edited January 2011
    Sorry to be rude, but the video in the first post isn't that great at all, I don't understand the appeal?
  • edited January 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I don't...know I really don't...I haven't laughed..and I don't know.
    Digitel wrote: »
    I should say, i couldn't even watch it all the way.
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    Sorry to be rude, but the video in the first post isn't that great at all, I don't understand the appeal?

Did you guys get to the second episode at least? It's a vast improvement BUT there's still more to come. Please don't give up....:(
    I take over as Max ;).
  • edited January 2011
    Gohaku wrote: »
    Did you guys get to the second episode at least? It's a vast improvement BUT there's still more to come. Please don't give up....:(
    I take over as Max ;).

well even for an abridged series...some of the voices sound too robotic, and in the second ep you can sometime hardly hear what the director was saying, if you need help casting I say go here.

www.voiceactingalliance.com you can probably help with some of the talent...I mean Max is good, Max is damn good...but the rest were kind of...well they had very little personality.
  • edited January 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    well even for an abridged series...some of the voices sound too robotic, and in the second ep you can sometime hardly hear what the director was saying, if you need help casting I say go here.

www.voiceactingalliance.com you can probably help with some of the talent...I mean Max is good, Max is damn good...but the rest were kind of...well they had very little personality.

Hey, why didn't I think of that? lattsam I hope you see this link! This is a great way to get some cast members. And trust me, all most actors want is to build up their reel.

Thanks IcedHope! For the feedback, compliment and the link! OMG the compliment :D
  • edited January 2011
    The director and Myra were both me, and I still have the original tracks. Lattsam definitely edited them, although I'm not sure why they were sped up as much as they were.

If you want me to speak faster, tell me! If you want me to do something different, tell me! The mechanized post production isn't always a good idea...
  • edited January 2011
    The director and Myra were both me, and I still have the original tracks. Lattsam definitely edited them, although I'm not sure why they were sped up as much as they were.

If you want me to speak faster, tell me! If you want me to do something different, tell me! The mechanized post production isn't always a good idea...

It's okay. I'm still getting the hang of this abridged series thing. If you want to speak faster, then go ahead. ^_^
  • edited February 2011
    when will the script be here
  • edited February 2011
    when will the script be here

Soon enough.
  • edited February 2011
    and how funny is the script
  • edited February 2011
    Soon enough.

Hey lattsam! So, did you ever get in contact with Icedhope? He seems like a cool character to know.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.