BTTF Ep 3: Citizen Brown Predictions thread (Spoilers Warning!)

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I'm going to guess that at some point, Marty's going to have to re-create that scene from Frankenstein, or at least do some experiment with lightning to get Doc's creative juices flowing again.

Either that, or cause him to slip in the bathroom and hit his head again.
  • i think doc just needs to see frankenstein, doesn't have to be that night. I kind of hope not, we've already seen the 2 marty situation in 1931, no need to go through that again. Have him go back later and see how things progress; the aftermath of kids arrest and if trixie truly is Sylvia as we believe.
  • edited March 2011
    In Episode 4 we could to replay episodes 1 and 2 with new camera angles...to fix that past!!!
  • edited March 2011
    Not sure if something similar has been said, but I think the main difference in in the new timeline is that when Doc hit his head, he saw the flux capacitor but misinterpreted it. The symbol on the FCB billboard, a stick figure holding its arms up while standing in a rectangle, looks quite similar to the flux capacitor's setup.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm looking forward to seeing Evil Einstein in Part III. Can't wait! Instead of looking cute and helping Marty, he looks mangy and tries to bite Marty...all the time!!
  • edited March 2011
    mathman77 wrote: »
    Not sure if something similar has been said, but I think the main difference in in the new timeline is that when Doc hit his head, he saw the flux capacitor but misinterpreted it. The symbol on the FCB billboard, a stick figure holding its arms up while standing in a rectangle, looks quite similar to the flux capacitor's setup.

This could be possible, especially if my thoughts on Edna influencing Emmett with Orwell's 1984 are true.
  • This could be possible, especially if my thoughts on Edna influencing Emmett with Orwell's 1984 are true.

doesnt einstein disappear from the delorean at the end of episode 2 as well?Meaning he's either never born, dead, or hasn't been born yet in this version of 1986. Doc has been time travelling for quite some time so it is possible the einstein we see at the end of part III has died and the one in episodes 1 and 2 is a new dog with the same name.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm looking forward to seeing Evil Einstein in Part III. Can't wait! Instead of looking cute and helping Marty, he looks mangy and tries to bite Marty...all the time!!

Or... Einstein would not belong to Doc, because Edna hates dogs.
  • edited March 2011
    I just want the episode to be out either today or tommorrow which I sadly doubt :(.
  • edited March 2011
    doesnt einstein disappear from the delorean at the end of episode 2 as well?Meaning he's either never born, dead, or hasn't been born yet in this version of 1986. Doc has been time travelling for quite some time so it is possible the einstein we see at the end of part III has died and the one in episodes 1 and 2 is a new dog with the same name.

My most realistic guess is that since Doc got with Edna she did exactly as she said she would if she got her way she would get rid of all dogs...I don't remember exactly what she said but this seems fairly obvious to me....

Editing this because it seems much more likely that because of the incidents in Episode 2 with Einstein and Edna it could be because of what happened in those scenes as well.....

Who knows - it could go many ways...
  • JGennaro wrote: »
    My most realistic guess is that since Doc got with Edna she did exactly as she said she would if she got her way she would get rid of all dogs...I don't remember exactly what she said but this seems fairly obvious to me....

Editing this because it seems much more likely that because of the incidents in Episode 2 with Einstein and Edna it could be because of what happened in those scenes as well.....

Who knows - it could go many ways...

I'd say this is likely; ednas influence gets one of einsteins ancestors spayed or newtered thus preventing his birth.
  • edited March 2011
    It's now the 17th....release episode 3 already Telltale...geez!
  • edited March 2011
    Relax. If you'll remember (or look back, as you're new here), we've seen releases late in the month in the past. The fourth episode of Tales of Monkey Island was released on October 30th, 2009, and the final episode of Sam & Max season 3 was released on August 30th, 2010. If you want something even more recent, episode 1 of BttF was released on December 22, 2010. Don't worry, it'll get here as soon as it's done.
  • edited March 2011
    About the theories on the subsequent plot, based on the first two episodes: a member called Flah has pointed out a very interesting possibility regarding the nature of time itself, and I've tried to examine some parts of the arising time stream in more detail. You can find it here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23050&page=3
  • edited March 2011
    About the theories on the subsequent plot, based on the first two episodes: a member called Flah has pointed out a very interesting possibility regarding the nature of time itself, and I've tried to examine some parts of the arising time stream in more detail. You can find it here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23050&page=3

Well, we've seen those theories before. The issue is that BTTF doesn't work like "Twelve Monkeys" or "Bill & Ted". There's no looped space-time continuum because the Future isn't written yet.
  • Carlos85G wrote: »
    Well, I think we've seen those theories. The issue is that BTTF doesn't work like "Twelve Monkeys" or "Bill & Ted". There's no looped space-time continuum because the Future isn't written yet.

Exactly. The fact that we are able to see alternate timelines proves that BTTF does not follow a linear timeline which expects time travel. I point this out any time anyone thinks marty could be the speakeasy arsonist.
  • edited March 2011
    Carlos85G wrote: »
    Well, we've seen those theories before. The issue is that BTTF doesn't work like "Twelve Monkeys" or "Bill & Ted". There's no looped space-time continuum because the Future isn't written yet.
    Exactly. The fact that we are able to see alternate timelines proves that BTTF does not follow a linear timeline which expects time travel. I point this out any time anyone thinks marty could be the speakeasy arsonist.

We... do not understand each other well, don't you think? I've watched "Twelve Monkeys", but I'm not talking about that simple type of a time loop, and neither is Flah. And if he is (but I don't think so if I can read at all), then I'm deviating anyway. How about this: the time loop does not expect change, but when change does happen, the time loop just EXPANDS from the point it's entered, tying newly created (partially parallel) timelines as links indefinitely, and when it closes by causing itself, it can STILL be expanded from the inside, because as a whole it stands out of time in a way (the closure's "already" happened)! And since that means the loop from any point MUST eventually come full circle, it depends on the actions of time travelers themselves (read: on how much they screw up) how many links will exist! From a practical point of view, there can't be an infinite number of them to actually pass through. Now, Marty and Doc usually close the loop "soon enough" by accident with no GREAT complications, thus keeping it simple for us. :) But you might wonder, if the loop kinda stands out of time on its own, how come it can be changed at all, how come any links, or anything, can be ADDED? The answer would be that it in fact doesn't change at all, and that it's not really adding any links, because there already exists an infinite number of different links (potential alternate timelines) which time travelers, depending on their own complications, pass through in a more "straightforward line" (less links, automatically less different from one another and from the main timeline) or not.
  • edited March 2011
    While I really enjoy those kinds of discussions, I really doubt that anything like this has ever been envisioned by the authors of the original trilogy or by Telltale... seems way too complicated.
  • edited March 2011
    that and the whole time travel/paradox discussion has sort of hit a wall. We need a new angle here because I enjoy talking about it. This thread will be replaced in less than a week anyway I think. Episode 4 predictions and what not.
  • edited March 2011
    Did anybody here see Bob Gale's film Interstate 60? There is a town off of Interstate 60 called Morlaw (More Law) where every single adult is a lawyer. They sue each other for ridiculous reasons so they can keep working since there are no regular citizens. There were signs all over the town like "No Jogging" and "No public displays of affection." Episode three could be another take on that idea.
    Oh, and Marty ripping his vest open to reveal dynamite in the middle of a court hearing would be a great touch.
  • edited March 2011
    Julianne wrote: »
    Oh, and Marty ripping his vest open to reveal dynamite in the middle of a court hearing would be a great touch.

Just that scene alone would be worth the purchase price.
  • edited March 2011
    I have a feeling the "odd woman" is going to come into play at some point.
    Having played bk the first two, this one women seems to prominently repeated to just be a background model, besides none of the other background character models repeat.

You first see outside Edna's in 1986, she walsk by and gives u a funny look as u hold out the shoe.
    You then see her in the bandstand as you arrive in 1931, and she then walks past you again.
    Then in episode two she's quite prominently sat in an alcove in the speak-easy.

I'm thinking she's quite possible Clara (looks sort of like her perhaps) or one of doc's kids and they followed the delorean using the train to find out wtf he was up too.
  • edited March 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »

I'm thinking she's quite possible Clara (looks sort of like her perhaps) or one of doc's kids and they followed the delorean using the train to find out wtf he was up too.

nope.png
  • edited March 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »

I don't think so. I mean, I'm sure Doc told her all about the dangers of time travel and probably gave her a full on lecture as to how time travel can lead to troublesome consequences. I don't know if she'd go as far as to chase after him through time.

If you ask me, Edna seems to possess all the qualities of a Strickland.
  • Emo Hoe wrote: »
    I have a feeling the "odd woman" is going to come into play at some point.
    Having played bk the first two, this one women seems to prominently repeated to just be a background model, besides none of the other background character models repeat.

You first see outside Edna's in 1986, she walsk by and gives u a funny look as u hold out the shoe.
    You then see her in the bandstand as you arrive in 1931, and she then walks past you again.
    Then in episode two she's quite prominently sat in an alcove in the speak-easy.

Docs kids are both males, you think they somehow disguised themselves as females? And where would they hide the flying time train? Einstein would have sniffed it out.

If you want to know why the same 'extra' characters are used in different scenes, it's for animation ease.
  • edited March 2011
    Not sure what the hold up is this time - we are nearing the end of March now...it's the 20th! Not really too nice to keep us waiting quite this long...
  • edited March 2011
    This is nothing. Tales of Monkey Island episode 4 launched on October 30th, 2009 (the date of my first post, come to think of it). It'll get out within the month, don't worry, and it'll be out as soon as it's done.

Also, Telltale only works Monday-Friday, so don't expect it to launch on a weekend.
  • edited March 2011
    Docs kids are both males, you think they somehow disguised themselves as females? And where would they hide the flying time train? Einstein would have sniffed it out.

If you want to know why the same 'extra' characters are used in different scenes, it's for animation ease.

1) Doc in episode 1 reference's finding colleges for the boys if you use the right dialogue. Ergo this doc is much farther on in time than there mere few months Mart has passed. Its entirely possible he had more kids

2) I know animation ease but no other extra has doubled up, aside from the distant ones seen walking in and out of buildings and streets we cannot access. Every body else in every cut scene and location has been unique; aside from this 1 woman.

Also Einstein doesn't HAVE to sniff it out; bear in mind at the start of episode 2 within 1931 hill valley we have (simultaneously):
    1) The Delorean doc original arrived in awaiting Einstein with Edna's shoe for the auto return to go off a few days after doc was killed
    2) The Delorean Marty initially arrived in to save Doc
    3) The Delorean Marty arrived in again to save Arty

I just heavily suspect she has reoccurred for a reason, especially given her prominence in 3 cut scenes.
  • edited March 2011
    I got an email stating that Episode 3 will be coming for PC next week. PSN will get Episode 2 on March 29th. :D
  • edited March 2011
    Yay!! I can't wait!
  • edited March 2011
    I got an email stating that Episode 3 will be coming for PC next week. PSN will get Episode 2 on March 29th. :D

What's your source?
  • edited March 2011
    gnarkill wrote: »
    What's your source?

This: <<Server Not Found>>

Because my charter Internet is having issues tonight.

But, I checked my email, and there was a message from telltale's newsletter about some devil thing, citizen brown, etc. I would go get you the exact paragraph if I could, but gmail won't load due to outages.
  • edited March 2011
    Well, decided to work, so here's an image of the newsletter:

http://i.imgur.com/swSBG.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Not a first time this is being said but.... Holy monkey bladders, Doc looks like Judge Doom! D8
  • edited March 2011
    This: <<Server Not Found>>

Because my charter Internet is having issues tonight.

But, I checked my email, and there was a message from telltale's newsletter about some devil thing, citizen brown, etc. I would go get you the exact paragraph if I could, but gmail won't load due to outages.

I feel you, I've got Charter too. Most unreliable internet provider I've ever had, but since I live in the mountains I don't have much of a choice. Internet and power went out earlier today for five hours (modem and router plugged into battery backup so I can still use my laptop when power goes out). DANG SNOW!!!
  • edited March 2011

Just to say I confirm the existence of the e-mail as I've just got it too.
  • edited March 2011
    gnarkill wrote: »
    I feel you, I've got Charter too. Most unreliable internet provider I've ever had, but since I live in the mountains I don't have much of a choice. Internet and power went out earlier today for five hours (modem and router plugged into battery backup so I can still use my laptop when power goes out). DANG SNOW!!!

AT&T DSL is worse; I've had them. At like, two in the morning, my Internet would cut out. I knew because I had my MMORPG on AFK; and it did that every single night; and whenever someone called in, the Internet would go out, even though filters were installed.
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks guys, just wanted to know that it was a legitimate source. I don't get those newsletters for some reason, even though i signed up for them months ago.

Dang! Was hoping to get episode 3 this week as this is my spring break and its 30 degrees with 2 feet of snow outside right now.
  • edited March 2011
    Not a first time this is being said but.... Holy monkey bladders, Doc looks like Judge Doom! D8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Who_Framed_Roger_Rabbit_characters#Judge_Doom

That's because Judge Doom was played by Christopher Lloyd, lol.
  • edited March 2011
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Who_Framed_Roger_Rabbit_characters#Judge_Doom

That's because Judge Doom was played by Christopher Lloyd, lol.

I think that's the reason they mentioned it; it's interesting to see two completely different Christopher Lloyd characters cross paths in terms of appearance/personality.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.