Jurassic Park Release date information/discussions

Comments

• edited April 2011
    kendals wrote: »
    I agree. It sucks for TTG as I'm sure they're disappointed, BUT I would much prefer to wait for an improved game and quality than a rushed job on something so big as Jurassic Park...I want them to get this right too.

If we get a refund, when can we re-preorder the game, Alan? I already own all your games, so I'll just gift my freebie on to a family member or something :)

Good luck this week, TTG employees!

Yay, im doing pretty well as two people agree with me now, oh well off to play L4D2 or something and wait for my new game to arrive in my inbox.
  • edited April 2011
    I was all hyped up and ready for this release. That's a huge delay, from this month to Fall 2011! No logical explaination I could think of for this, since it was originally supposed to begin releasing in Fall of 2010... with this long of a delay at this point, I don't feel so confident with this series now. Not so happy with my first Telltale PC experience. Glad they addressed it, but talk about a last minute delay.
  • edited April 2011
    The email says refunds will occur over the next few days. Read the email.
  • edited April 2011
    nblackburn wrote: »
    Why are you complaining, you get your money back and a free game. That's much more than a sorry and just think how bad Telltale Games feel about having to announce this...

If you had actually read the whole post you would see i was referring to people that already own all the other telltale games or have no interest in the ones they dont have. Those people do not get a free game.. just a sorry
  • edited April 2011
    I was all hyped up and ready for this release. That's a huge delay, from this month to Fall 2011! No logical explaination I could think of for this, since it was originally supposed to begin releasing in Fall of 2010... with this long of a delay at this point, I don't feel so confident with this series now. Not so happy with my first Telltale PC experience. Glad they addressed it, but talk about a last minute delay.

I am super upset too but I can say that I have been purchasing from Telltale since the beginning and have been happy with them up to this point.
  • edited April 2011
    valentine wrote: »
    This is not such an awesome cookie for those of us who already own the all the games...
    gnarkill wrote: »
    yeah seriously. It's like a big F.U. to loyal Telltale fans. What do we get out of it? Nothing. Just a sorry.

Except that this is a code for any game, which is better than Telltale usually gives out. That means you can use it on Hector if you haven't pre-ordered yet. If you have pre-ordered, I would think you could also hang on to the code and use it when Hector episode 2 is available.
  • edited April 2011
    If you had actually read the whole post you would see i was referring to people that already own all the other telltale games or have no interest in the ones they dont have. Those people do not get a free game.. just a sorry

Cancel your hector pre-order and get it for free.
  • edited April 2011
    well i never get emails from them soo could u send me one alan
  • edited April 2011
    I've pre-ordered a game recently that got pushed back to next Spring without so much as a "sorry." This is above and beyond. Even if you can't use it it shows they actually care.
  • edited April 2011

...and a full refund. That's more than other companies do. If those ppl. are not interested in the other games, it's not Telltales fault. Should they say: Hey we give you a 100% refund plus 25% (of the preorder price) as a "sorry"?
  • edited April 2011
    thcoolnam wrote: »
    well i never get emails from them soo could u send me one alan

Do you check your spam folder?
  • edited April 2011
    well this is awesome.

honestly, its april 26th and they announce a delay. Oh well, I'll just buy in on XBL now and let Microsoft have a majority of my money. You can keep your free game telltale.
  • edited April 2011
    not in there i always check and stilll no email
  • edited April 2011
    Cabal84 wrote: »
    ...and a full refund. That's more than other companies do. If those ppl. are not interested in the other games, it's not Telltales fault. Should they say: Hey we give you a 100% refund plus 25% (of the preorder price) as a "sorry"?

I totally appreciate the gesture from Telltale. And again, if I were not such a fan that might feel like enough, but it does not.
  • edited April 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    only twice has that happened: one was on October 1998 with the release of Trespasser and the other was in 2003 with the release of Operation Genesis.

I must say that if this game is delayed I will request my money back and consider buying it for consoles because a delay would just piss me off. I dont think it will be delayed though, we still have a week and I am a pretty patient guy... unless they told me i would have to wait longer, at which point i would watch from the sidelines untill it was released for xBox 360.

Be cheaper, actually. cause both sam and max games they have are 1600 microsoft points , which of course its only 20$ instead of 29.99$. granted they charge the same
  • edited April 2011
    never mind ill just wait for the game :P darn it
  • edited April 2011
    i wish at least there was a demo (like a test drive or beta)
  • edited April 2011
    I have to say that this is the first major delay of a Telltale game and they've handled it very well. Kudos to them.
  • edited April 2011

YES!!!!! That would make me happy. They would not need to issue a refund or offer me a free game if I got that.
  • edited April 2011

yeah right sniperwar they will never release that.
    in the email they are still editing stuff or addding stuff (wich means they are busy!)
  • edited April 2011
    valentine wrote: »
    I totally appreciate the gesture from Telltale. And again, if I were not such a fan that might feel like enough, but it does not.

I totally do so too. Well I'm disappointed of course, but not that desperate in need of that game. I can wait. I'm a patient guy... so what are some months. Next month, Witcher 2 is arriving, which will give me some pleasant weeks/months. ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Cabal84 wrote: »

well....a refund is just expected. if they didn't give out refunds the rath of god would be coming down on them right now. Of course I don't expect them to give me money. What kind of stupid question is that? I'm just saying there so called gift doesn't work for everyone
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    I have to say that this is the first major delay of a Telltale game and they've handled it very well. Kudos to them.

Yep, I think it's about the best anyone could hope for in these circumstances... too many companies have the attitude that delays are just a chance you take when you preorder, but Telltale give your money back AND offer a free game to try and make up for the disappointment.
  • edited April 2011
    yeah right sniperwar they will never release that.
    in the email they are still editing stuff or addding stuff (wich means they are busy!)

hey you will never know.
  • edited April 2011

Exactly, and well put.

Before today I had a lot of anticipation from TT and now that the rug has been pulled out, I am still somewhat flabbergasted in their poor decision making.

Whatever the cause of the decision I hope they reallly did review all possible angles.
  • edited April 2011
    I honestly didn't know what to make of this when I first read the message. But I've got to hand it to the powers that be: not only did you make the right decision with Jurassic Park, but you've gotten the message across in such a way that I don't feel too disappointed about the delay. There are tears welling up in my eyes right now because of this, and I mean that in a good way :') Thanks a lot for letting us know, and giving us our money back. For now I'm not sure which free game I'm going to choose, but whether I get round to that or not you can bet I'll be coming back again for Jurassic Park as soon as it's ready!
  • edited April 2011
    hey you will never know.

true
  • edited April 2011
    So are the console versions delayed too Alan, whats going on
  • edited April 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Yep, I think it's about the best anyone could hope for in these circumstances... too many companies have the attitude that delays are just a chance you take when you preorder, but Telltale give your money back AND offer a free game to try and make up for the disappointment.

Yeah, you really can't complain. I mean you can...but that's silly. Plus if these people are such hardcore TTG fans they should cut them some slack and trust that they absolutely had to delay.
  • edited April 2011
    So are the console versions delayed too Alan, whats going on

SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE!!!! hahahahahaa...read.
  • edited April 2011
    no beta? or Demo?
  • edited April 2011
    thcoolnam wrote: »
    how do i get a refund :P

Hold on to your butt, one will be with you within the next few days...
  • edited April 2011
    I am not a hardcore TTG fan, so I won't. I'm a JP fan though, and I'll buy a JP game, regardless of who makes it and if they wait until the last possible second to tell their eagerly awaiting fans that it is delayed. at the last possible second.
  • edited April 2011
    well....a refund is just expected. if they didn't give out refunds the rath of god would be coming down on them right now. Of course I don't expect them to give me money. What kind of stupid question is that? I'm just saying there so called gift doesn't work for everyone

Of course, but you can't blame Telltale for that, that their special excuse (handing out a free game) doesn't work for everyone.
    What would be an aproppriate excuse in your opinion beside the refund?
    Well I honestly didn't expect a refund. This is the first time I experience that a company is giving a 100% refund without any discussion. Normally you have to contact the company when a game get's delayed and you don't want to wait that long.

Well I can understand that those who don't like the other games or allready have them feel maybe somewhat "cheated" to put it that way. I for myself don't feel so.
  • edited April 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    I am not a hardcore TTG fan, so I won't. I'm a JP fan though, and I'll buy a JP game, regardless of who makes it and if they wait until the last possible second to tell their eagerly awaiting fans that it is delayed. at the last possible second.

The last possible second would be April 30 at 11:59PM Pacific time. :p
  • edited April 2011
    Actually I would not be surprised if STEAM was aware of this and that is why they removed the APRIL date.
  • edited April 2011
    One more thing: they must be losing a bunnnch of money giving out all of these free games and refunds. It shows that they are putting the customer first. Whether you like it or not, it's pretty cool of them. Thanks again TTG.
  • edited April 2011
    joosyjuice wrote: »
    One more thing: they must be losing a bunnnch of money giving out all of these free games and refunds. It shows that they are putting the customer first. Whether you like it or not, it's pretty coo of them. Thanks again TTG.

Unless you have most of there games and have no interest in the others....
  • edited April 2011
    rdhiggins wrote: »
    Unless you have most of there games and have no interest in the others....

Maybe they will make a brand new game just for you.:rolleyes:
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah.... its called Jurassic Park :-)
This discussion has been closed.