Everything You Need to Know About the JP Delay

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Well, this is certainly disappointing news, however it's worth the wait if they're doing this to ensure that we get the product we truly desire. Besides, we can use the vochure to get the game basically for free, so I'm not too bummed out about that.
  • edited April 2011
    Well, this is certainly disappointing news, however it's worth the wait if they're doing this to ensure that we get the product we truly desire. Besides, we can use the vochure to get the game basically for free, so I'm not too bummed out about that.

Hey Tyrannosaur nice to see you have finally joined us.
  • edited April 2011
    Im so disappointed...*Transforms into a Spino and wrecks the computer*
  • edited April 2011
    RaptorsRwk wrote: »
    Hey Tyrannosaur nice to see you have finally joined us.

It's nice to see that I'm even alive given the events of today. Was hoping for some good news when I returned, but overall, this delay isn't necessarily a bad thing either. We get a better product out of it, AND we have the option to get it for free. Win/Win in my book
  • edited April 2011
    jpsandhu wrote: »
    Im so disappointed...*Transforms into a Spino and wrecks the computer*

I do believe this pretty much sums up the feelings of the majority of us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjm7FpSuF4s

But no worries, we'll still get the game eventually
  • edited April 2011
    It's nice to see that I'm even alive given the events of today. Was hoping for some good news when I returned, but overall, this delay isn't necessarily a bad thing either. We get a better product out of it, AND we have the option to get it for free. Win/Win in my book

Yes today was less than "satisfactory" but hopefully this time will be used to improve the game overall (better graphics?)
  • edited April 2011
    Yes today was less than "satisfactory" but hopefully this time will be used to improve the game overall (better graphics?)

The graphics weren't that bad in my opinion, but improving on them wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. I think they're focusing more on certain mechanics and changing some things up, which can only be good. While I'm disappointed at the delay (and the BS that's already starting again from you know who) I'm content with waiting for what will ultimately be a better product. Plus this gives me time to save up for a laptop
  • edited April 2011
    The graphics weren't that bad in my opinion, but improving on them wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. I think they're focusing more on certain mechanics and changing some things up, which can only be good. While I'm disappointed at the delay (and the BS that's already starting again from you know who) I'm content with waiting for what will ultimately be a better product. Plus this gives me time to save up for a laptop

Don't forget about adding the abiltiy to control the character!!!
  • edited April 2011

That helps too. I wasn't entirely against the QTE engine, but the ability to move around a little would help with player interactivity and so on.
  • edited April 2011
    That helps too. I wasn't entirely against the QTE engine, but the ability to move around a little would help with player interactivity and so on.

IMO, QTEs shouldn't be used so much in the game, Less QTEs, more exploration. Its Isla Nublar! Jurassic Park! I wanna be able to explore the crap outta that place.:p
  • edited April 2011
    IMO, QTEs shouldn't be used so much in the game, Less QTEs, more exploration. Its Isla Nublar! Jurassic Park! I wanna be able to explore the crap outta that place.:p

It would be a bonus to be able to do that. But in the end I'm good with anything that isn't a shooter
  • edited April 2011
    It would be a bonus to be able to do that. But in the end I'm good with anything that isn't a shooter

A Jurassic Park Shooter wouldn't feel right. Although the ability to have a weapon could be good in SOME parts of the game...:cool:
  • edited April 2011
    A Jurassic Park Shooter wouldn't feel right. Although the ability to have a weapon could be good in SOME parts of the game...:cool:

I think one of the developers did mention there would be segments where we'd have to use a Tranq gun. Would that work?
  • edited April 2011
    I think one of the developers did mention there would be segments where we'd have to use a Tranq gun. Would that work?

If done correctly, like in Alan Wake type style(one of my favourite 360 games), it could rock:D
  • edited April 2011
    If done correctly, like in Alan Wake type style(one of my favourite 360 games), it could rock:D

You never know. Either way, this game will rock when it's out
  • edited April 2011

Yes that much is for sure. And it is unfortunate that people would act that way although overall i have not seen too many people acting in that manner or angry at telltale which is ofcourse good
  • edited April 2011

So true.
  • edited April 2011
    Yes that much is for sure. And it is unfortunate that people would act that way although overall i have not seen too many people acting in that manner or angry at telltale which is ofcourse good

Well, even I was a bit enraged when I read the news, but then I noticed that we are able to get JP for free in the end, and since it's a better product (and I'll likely have my own computer by then) I'm content with it
  • edited April 2011
    Well, even I was a bit enraged when I read the news, but then I noticed that we are able to get JP for free in the end, and since it's a better product (and I'll likely have my own computer by then) I'm content with it

I wasn't so much enraged as i was stunned as if it wasn't really happening but you know not such a big deal in the end
  • edited April 2011

Wait... we weren't going to have control over the character's movements and such?

Do eet!
  • edited April 2011

:D Im just hoping that it will come out for 360.
  • edited April 2011
    As the JP preorder has been a birthday present by my bro it already felt like waiting for a long time arrrggh... well now we'll buy an xbox controller we can share on pc and mac and I'll still have the game? What can I say...

About the game: I didn't play Heavy Rain and getting an impression on youtube made me curious about the gameplay. I really liked what I've seen so far from JP. Guess it can only get better :)

Something must have been gone terribly wrong but making up with this courageous move... Right when people seemed to start complaining about TTG moving too fast they pull the brake and prove pure awesomeness!
  • edited April 2011
    I wasn't so much enraged as i was stunned as if it wasn't really happening but you know not such a big deal in the end

Yeah. It just means that we can take the hype to new levels, and Alan did say that they would release more trailers and stuff around the time E3 happens
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah. It just means that we can take the hype to new levels, and Alan did say that they would release more trailers and stuff around the time E3 happens

Hopefully the new trailers will reveal more of the buildings around Jurassic Park and more raptors!
  • edited April 2011

Sorry to go off topic but I really hope we get a 2nd Alan Wake.

Remember"its not a lake......its an ocean"
  • edited April 2011
    Hopefully the new trailers will reveal more of the buildings around Jurassic Park and more raptors!

That would be nice. The Doors are wide open now
  • edited April 2011
    Wow, I didn't expect to see this when I got off of work. lol I'm upset that I don't get to play it sooner then I expected but I'm happy that they are putting more time into the game to make it even better. And hey, a refund and a free season buy? TellTale, you are awesome.

So, is the refund electronic? Is it going straight back into my bank account or how's that working?
  • edited April 2011
    wait a minute i can get two free games?
  • edited April 2011

No. You get the $30 you paid for JP returned to you and 1 free game, your choice (and yes, a whole season counts as a game for this voucher)
  • edited April 2011

? No. You get a voucher for 1 free season...

:cool:
  • edited April 2011
    No. You get the $30 you paid for JP returned to you and 1 free game, your choice (and yes, a whole season counts as a game for this voucher)

oh ok ima see if my mom is up for buying Back to the future
  • edited April 2011
    gnarkill wrote: »
    Sorry to go off topic but I really hope we get a 2nd Alan Wake.

Remember"its not a lake......its an ocean"

I would love another Alan Wake
  • edited April 2011
    God creates dinosaur
    God kills dinosaur
    God creates man
    Man kills God
    Man creates dinosaur
    Dinosaur eats man
    Women inherits the earth not long afterward is eaten by dinosaur
    Coastarican Airforce re-kills dinosaurs
    Telltale resurrects dinosaurs
    Dinosaurs kill Telltale
    Fan's inherit the earth
    :D (not great but im proud of it)
  • edited April 2011
    God creates dinosaur
    God kills dinosaur
    God creates man
    Man kills God
    Man creates dinosaur
    Dinosaur eats man
    Dinosaurs kill Telltale
    Fan's inherit the earth

Not too bad.
  • edited April 2011
    Not too bad.

Thank you
  • edited April 2011
    Thank you

It's gonna be a long wait, but things will turn out for the best. Forums are gonna be dead for awhile though
  • edited April 2011
    It's gonna be a long wait, but things will turn out for the best. Forums are gonna be dead for awhile though

Thats true too bad i was kinda looking forward to a return trip to isla sorna or nublar or where ever it is we were yesterday.
  • edited April 2011
    God creates dinosaur
    God kills dinosaur
    God creates man
    Man kills God
    Man creates dinosaur
    Dinosaur eats man
    Dinosaurs kill Telltale
    Fan's inherit the earth

LOL.... and the geek shall inherit the earth.
  • edited April 2011
    Thats true too bad i was kinda looking forward to a return trip to isla sorna or nublar or where ever it is we were yesterday.

We should probably set up a separate thread for that, or if anything, just get a few of us and do it elsewhere, like skype, MSN, yahoo, etc so that we don't spam it here like last time
  • edited April 2011

I dunno about that. At the very least I'm going to look into running some kind of contest with a beautiful hardbound copy of the JP book (from my OWN collection- this has nothing to do with Telltale) as a prize later this month.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.