Everything You Need to Know About the JP Delay

Comments

• edited April 2011
    What exactly does this mean? :confused:

What "work" did you do?

Hey hey now, some people dont like to talk about the favors they... ya know im just gonna stop. lol
  • edited April 2011
    After taking a scroll. I noticed some people get to have their Pre Orders held. Can you guys hold in my Pre Order. Having some bank issues so i wont get any refund (Bloody Wachovia)

We're not holding any pre-orders. We're issuing refunds on every single Jurassic Park order and issuing vouchers via email that can be used on any of our games including Jurassic Park in the future.
  • edited April 2011
    We're not holding any pre-orders. We're issuing refunds on every single Jurassic Park order and issuing vouchers via email that can be used on any of our games including Jurassic Park in the future.

Oh. :(
  • edited April 2011
    It will be available soon via email.

Im just messin with ya alan, im suprised u got time to be on here at all, get back to the office and fix our game, lol jk
  • edited April 2011

alan I already asked this, and am curious, My game was purchased on a credit card that is no longer valid, how do i get my refund??
  • edited April 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Actually all of us mods our answering questions, Alan is a busy man.

im sure its been answer before but what is a mod
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    magamer1 wrote: »
    im sure its been answer before but what is a mod

Moderators - they're the grey username / bunny ears community members (like me, Icedhope, divisionten) who help keep the forums running smooth-like.
  • edited April 2011
    As long as they get everything right, I will be happy to wait. They need to get the music right, the dino sounds right(especially the T-Rex). The fences and graphics featured in JP the game need to match the movie. I hope they use this time wisely and make Jurassic Park the game as close visually and auditorily like the movie. I assure that if it is not that good, the fans will be extremely disappointed. Telltale I hope you understand they aren't waiting for you. They are waiting for Jurassic Park and I hope for your sakes, you deliver.
  • edited April 2011
    As long as they get everything right, I will be happy to wait. They need to get the music right, the dino sounds right(especially the T-Rex). The fences and graphics featured in JP the game need to match the movie. I hope they use this time wisely and make Jurassic Park the game as close visually and auditorily like the movie. I assure that if it is not that good, the fans will be extremely disappointed. Telltale I hope you understand they aren't waiting for you. They are waiting for Jurassic Park and I hope for your sakes, you deliver.

They will deleiver don't you worry about that!
  • edited April 2011
    I sorta wish they could turn it into a rp game, but that would be too hard for this style of game i think
  • edited April 2011
    magamer1 wrote: »
    Im not sure how they can afford this, it sounds great right now, but something must have gone seriously south of the hell border for them to be willing to give up all the money and give out free games.

Its basically a big 'sorry for making you wait half a year longer' to those of us who have already pre-ordered the thing. Its a pricey PR move, but a good one. I got the whole season of Tales of Monkey Island for 5 dollars a while back on here during 'Talk Like a Pirate Day' so Tellltale is very cool with promotions and customer apologies. Besides now its going to get the polish it deserves, even though I like Back to the Future The Game it definitely has an unpolished feel which is something that would really cripple JP the game with its action bits.

Kinda want to use the voucher for Puzzle Agent 2 but feel that would be such a waste, so now got to figure out what season game I don't have yet that I want enough to use it on.

This is such a great move on Telltale's part and I really do get a kick out of some of the ungrateful comments of others on here.
  • edited April 2011
    You'll be able to use your free game voucher on any full season game, including Jurassic Park when we make it available for purchase again. The voucher will not expire.

Does "full season game" means all Hector's episodes (1,2 & 3)?
    Or just the first episode?
  • edited April 2011
    So, how does this refund work, exactly? I use Paypal here.
  • edited April 2011
    so my preorder is still good or do i have to preorder it again
  • edited April 2011
    The Original Post states that "Everyone gets a refund" and to "Keep an eye on [our] email" for more information regarding the vouchers.

My question though, is how are situations handled for people who purchased Jurassic Park from another Digital Distributor and not directly from Telltale? For instance, will I need to contact Direct2Drive support myself and provide some sort of proof of this policy, or will Telltale be contacting each distributors and letting them know?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • edited April 2011
    so my preorder is still good or do i have to preorder it again

You'll have to re-purchase Jurassic Park: the Game (although, now you have the option of getting it for free with the use of the "coupon").
  • edited April 2011
    Rienen wrote: »
    The Original Post states that "Everyone gets a refund" and to "Keep an eye on [our] email" for more information regarding the vouchers.

My question though, is how are situations handled for people who purchased Jurassic Park from another Digital Distributor and not directly from Telltale? For instance, will I need to contact Direct2Drive support myself and provide some sort of proof of this policy, or will Telltale be contacting each distributors and letting them know?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

We're working with our distribution partners on a solution for this. No exact details yet but you will also be receiving a voucher for free game from us. Details forthcoming.
  • edited April 2011
    REDSLATE wrote: »
    You'll have to re-purchase Jurassic Park: the Game (although, now you have the option of getting it for free with the use of the "coupon").

i didnt use my refund tho
    edited April 2011
    i didnt use my refund tho

Everyone gets a refund (and a free game voucher) automatically, so you'll need to re-order when the game is available in the store again.
  • edited April 2011
    We're working with our distribution partners on a solution for this. No exact details yet but you will also be receiving a voucher for free game from us. Details forthcoming.

Thank you for your prompt response.
  • edited April 2011
    ok so just get JP for free thats cool thank you telltale did you really ddelay it because of potential or too much to worry about
  • edited April 2011
    I have a technical question. I sometimes get Telltale's emails sent to spam for some reason (I always wondered why I was never emailed when BTTF episodes become available). I want to make a filter to never send to spam and mark as important from anything telltalegames (in gmail, this would be filtered as *telltalegames.com) Would the email address the voucher being sent be from telltalegames.com? Stupid question I know, but I just want to be sure.

I also wanted to say that I think it's awesome how Telltale is handling this. I really can't complain about getting JP for free. Yes I'm disappointed it's not coming out, I was so looking forward to it. But this makes up for it. I know that voucher will be burning a whole though my pocket though! Hopefully I can wait.

And here's to hoping that they are adding character control (i.e., movement, exploration of the environment, etc.) in the game! :D
  • edited April 2011
    SchottGun wrote: »
    I have a technical question. I sometimes get Telltale's emails sent to spam for some reason (I always wondered why I was never emailed when BTTF episodes become available). I want to make a filter to never send to spam and mark as important from anything telltalegames (in gmail, this would be filtered as *telltalegames.com) Would the email address the voucher being sent be from telltalegames.com? Stupid question I know, but I just want to be sure.

I also wanted to say that I think it's awesome how Telltale is handling this. I really can't complain about getting JP for free. Yes I'm disappointed it's not coming out, I was so looking forward to it. But this makes up for it. I know that voucher will be burning a whole though my pocket though! Hopefully I can wait.

And here's to hoping that they are adding character control (i.e., movement, exploration of the environment, etc.) in the game! :D

The email address that the voucher will be coming in is an @telltalegames.com address.
  • edited April 2011
    Consider that I'm getting a refund AND a coupon for a free game, I can't say I can be angry now. The Refund or a coupon, well, that's a nice gesture, but BOTH of them? Well, you guys didn't have to do that, and I can't get angry because of that. :)
  • edited April 2011
    I have a question - so you're delaying the game to make it better for us and basically giving it to us for free? Can you be more awesome? Support your answer.
  • edited April 2011
    They could invite all of us to go out and have a camping trip in their office, and have Alan tell us campfire stories..and make smores.
  • edited April 2011
    New question:

I preordered this game, but never recieved access to the "Insider Forums." As it has been stated that user access to the Insider Forums will remain for those who pre-ordered the game, how does this affect me? Will I now be given access to the Insider Forums (as I did pre-order the game)?
    edited April 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    They could invite all of us to go out and have a camping trip in their office, and have Alan tell us campfire stories..and make smores.

I'll receive a voucher for this soon, right?
    New question:

I preordered this game, but never recieved access to the "Insider Forums." As it has been stated that user access to the Insider Forums will remain for those who pre-ordered the game, how does this affect me? Will I now be given access to the Insider Forums (as I did pre-order the game)?

Post in this thread and Alan will fix that for you.
  • edited April 2011
    New question:

Once the zaniness of the announcement dies down I'll go back and add the folks that have pre-ordered and posted in the thread requesting access. :) Thanks for your patience though!
  • edited April 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    If we use the voucher thing on JP when it becomes available again, do we get all of the pre-order perks still (like the end-of-season DVD) or do we have to re-pre-order it for that?

The only preorder perk that was advertised was a $5 discount. The end-of-season DVDs are available to everyone as soon as they're pressed and available in the TTG web shop.
  • edited April 2011
    Once the zaniness of the announcement dies down I'll go back and add the folks that have pre-ordered and posted in the thread requesting access. :) Thanks for your patience though!

No, no, no, no... Thank you for the voucher for a FREE JP game!

;)
  • edited April 2011
    Once the zaniness of the announcement dies down

Busy day, uh, Alan? :P
    I understand and appreciate your hard work!
    Thank you! :)
  • edited April 2011
    Well. For where the community is now I guess you guys handled this the best way you possibly could have. I DO wish we would have known a bit earlier, but then we don't know when the decision to delay was even made. For all I know it was made this morning while I was f5-ing the site in anticipation of release.

I'm glad that y'all are taking extra time to make it super-awesome, though. With that much time the game should be incredible and that's just what a JP game needs to be.

Thanks for the (eventual) free Jurassic Park. I'll pay it forward and use the spare 30 to send the game to a friend.

P.S. Should we have received the e-mails yet or will they be coming later on? Just want to make sure I haven't missed anything?

P.S. Again! Was Dinosaur Week on IGN originally planned to coincide with release or was that just a coincidence?

Keep on rocking! Make an awesomesauce game! With a great PC control scheme!
  • edited April 2011
    HooblaDGN wrote: »
    Well. For where the community is now I guess you guys handled this the best way you possibly could have. I DO wish we would have known a bit earlier, but then we don't know when the decision to delay was even made. For all I know it was made this morning while I was f5-ing the site in anticipation of release.

I'm glad that y'all are taking extra time to make it super-awesome, though. With that much time the game should be incredible and that's just what a JP game needs to be.

Thanks for the (eventual) free Jurassic Park. I'll pay it forward and use the spare 30 to send the game to a friend.

P.S. Should we have received the e-mails yet or will they be coming later on? Just want to make sure I haven't missed anything?

P.S. Again! Was Dinosaur Week on IGN originally planned to coincide with release or was that just a coincidence?

Keep on rocking! Make an awesomesauce game! With a great PC control scheme!

The emails have not started going out yet. They should begin getting deployed in the next few days.
  • edited April 2011
    Can we just take a minute to appreciate how much more awesome Telltale PR is than Sony PR?
  • edited April 2011
    Can we just take a minute to appreciate how much more awesome Telltale PR is than Sony PR?
    Definitely! Thank you guys!
  • edited April 2011
    Awww. We love you guys too. Feel free to ask away if you have any other questions.
  • edited April 2011
    Awww. We love you guys too. Feel free to ask away if you have any other questions.

About the camping trip. could i trade in the free voucher for that? :)
    edited April 2011
    RaptorsRwk wrote: »
    About the camping trip. could i trade in the free voucher for that? :)

Only if you're going to bring marshmallows. And maybe a ukelele.
  • edited April 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Only if you're going to bring marshmallows. And maybe a ukelele.

How about a mandolin?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.