Everything You Need to Know About the JP Delay

Comments

• edited April 2011
    We should probably set up a separate thread for that, or if anything, just get a few of us and do it elsewhere, like skype, MSN, yahoo, etc so that we don't spam it here like last time

Hahahah yeah that was not well thought out on our part
  • edited April 2011
    I dunno about that. At the very least I'm going to look into running some kind of contest with a beautiful hardbound copy of the JP book (from my OWN collection- this has nothing to do with Telltale) as a prize later this month.

Interesting. Keep me posted on that. I already own 6 copies of the book, but why not go for 7? I'm up for a good contest
  • edited April 2011
    So the refund is going to be automatic right?
  • edited April 2011
    RaptorsRwk wrote: »
    Hahahah yeah that was not well thought out on our part

Kind of a spur of the moment thing. If we do get around to doing it elsewhere, we should make it a point to set up some rules so that things aren't as hectic and scattered as they were last time around.
  • edited April 2011
    Kind of a spur of the moment thing. If we do get around to doing it elsewhere, we should make it a point to set up some rules so that things aren't as hectic and scattered as they were last time around.

u guys talking bout the rp?
  • edited April 2011

You know it
  • edited April 2011
    RaptorsRwk wrote: »
    You know it

we should do it next saturday
  • edited April 2011

Yes. If we get around to it again, it should either be in a separate thread, or on a different chatroom altogether in order to avoid spamming the hell out of here like we did last night. We also need rules that should be established since things sorta got out of hand and unrealistic last night
  • edited April 2011
    we should do it next saturday

First we have to figure out how we would set something like that up
  • edited April 2011
    Yes. If we get around to it again, it should either be in a separate thread, or on a different chatroom altogether in order to avoid spamming the hell out of here like we did last night. We also need rules that should be established since things sorta got out of hand and unrealistic last night

If you do want to do it here, I suggest posting it in the Forum Games section. (It would likely get moved there if you did it anywhere else on the boards, anyway)
  • edited April 2011

yea one of the rules should be only commanding ur charachter not anyone elses like what faceslasher did to me
  • edited April 2011
    Please post RP related stuff in another thread guys. Thanks- this one's meant to help people who preordered JP get their questions answered regarding refunds and the like.
  • edited April 2011
    If you do want to do it here, I suggest posting it in the Forum Games section. (It would likely get moved there if you did it anywhere else on the boards, anyway)

That could work. Thanks for the tip!
  • edited April 2011
    Telltale = phenomenally cosmic!

On another note: Ladies and Gentlemen, we have months to go, plenty of time to continue the development of our park, as Head of Holding Onto One's Game Warden, I designate the next few months up to the release of the game to be months of doubled work effort, let's get those guns, stores, hotels, and of course, dinos, into the trash heap we paid good money for and earn some dosh!

Edit: Also posted this in the other thread.
  • edited April 2011
    That could work. Thanks for the tip!

Alright then we doing this?
  • edited April 2011
    I'm guessing the game will now just come out as one big game, instead of episodes.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm guessing the game will now just come out as one big game, instead of episodes.

That might actually be something pretty decent, even though the episodic release would keep us on our toes wanting more and more :D
  • edited April 2011
    This delay is actually fantastic news for me. The only reason I pre-ordered it on PC, was because it was coming out first, and I was too lazy to wait for the console release. But now, that they will be released at the same time, **** it! I'm buying it for console. :D
  • edited April 2011

Oh wait, I assumed the home console release was going to be on a disk, didn't realise it could just be episodically released over PSN/Xbox Live.
  • edited April 2011
    could be a little of both....the whole game via PSN or XBOX LIVE... I've notice the PSN start carrying more and more full length games.... but who knows...especially now...they could be changing the decision.
  • edited April 2011
    Well I'm just as disappointed as everyone else but I must say that how Telltale handled this delay is truly exemplary. Valve could certainly learn a thing or two from them ;)
  • edited April 2011
    So, how does this refund work, exactly? I use Paypal here.

It will automaticly go on your paypal. I got my refund a few hours after i got the letter stating it got delayed.
  • edited April 2011
    The refunds have been stated as coming over the NEXT TWO DAYS...just throwing that out there before the "I didnt get mine"s :P
  • edited April 2011
    Haha free JP? I bet people who didn't pre-order are like "d'oh!"
  • edited April 2011
    joosyjuice wrote: »

Like this!?
    homer_doh.png
  • edited April 2011
    Where is my game??????????????????????????????????????????????
  • edited April 2011
    Where is my game??????????????????????????????????????????????

it's safe until October
  • edited April 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    it's safe until October

why until october?
  • edited April 2011
    why until october?

jpletter.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    I just wish they told us what theyre doing with it :p
  • edited April 2011
    Hi to all fans and to Telltale Developer Team,

I am checking all comments since Telltale games signed for the Jurassic Park license.
    I hope that Telltale's Team shall consider the suggestions of its fans. I hope that the Jurassic Park release date delay is in order to improve the game. Everyone expects a new step on the franchise since one dimension game titles. I know that having a sandbox - free roaming game needs more time, funds and effort from the Team. However, as I understand, since the first comments on the forum and on the internet, everyone anticipates something more than a mere episodic game. Mediocre critics it is not what customers need. Telltale has now to prove that has the requirements to satisfy the expectations.
    In my opinion, if the Telltale team needs more time to produce a better final product which will combine fans' anticipation for authenticity, gamers' desire for action/ exploration/ free movement/ puzzle solving capacities, and game's meeting the case of new generation game titles and gamers; the delay will not affect it's future customers.

Yours sincerely,
    Theodoros
  • edited April 2011
    homer_doh.png
  • edited April 2011
    I'm glad Telltale is taking more time in order to make this a good game. With all the titles on their plate now, I'm more than a little worried about quality.
  • edited April 2011
    joosyjuice wrote: »

Yes, but I'm reassuring myself that although I may be unlucky, at least I'm not as mind-boggleingly thick as some of the people posting questions to this thread like "Where is my game?", "How dare you give me money back, now I'll have to spend it on what I've already bought even though I've had it refunded AND got a free game as well?" etc.
  • edited April 2011
    In all seriousness, the delay was the best possible news I've heard all week. Being a developer, you don't understand how much extra stuff and time you have in an additional 6 months to add content, fix bugs, revise things you really wanted to. It's probably a huge breath of fresh air for the JP development team as it eases the tension of over-rushing the game.

Also, their timing couldn't have been better. Honestly, Jurassic Park Trilogy is out on Blu Ray that same time frame, and to release a game alongside a major blu-ray pack release will increase sales as interest is at its highest. Everyone who runs out to get the bluray will get that nostalgiac feel to run out and play a JP game shortly thereafter, and what better to have a fresh new JP game everyone can flock to during the Blu-ray release frenzy :)

The fall release is a much better timing.... for development cycle, and to compliment the Blu-ray JP release :)

BTW, this is my first time purchasing anything from Telltale games (my JP preorder that is), and I am amazed at how well they handled this, with such amazing customer service. A refund and a free voucher for a game without any questions asked, and a direct message from a CEO about the delay... I've never seen customer service this outstanding. Personally, I was just happy aobut the delay annoucnement, I wasn't worried about a refund, but for them to step forward and take such quick action, impressive indeed!
  • edited April 2011
    kinseeker wrote: »
    It will automaticly go on your paypal. I got my refund a few hours after i got the letter stating it got delayed.

I use Paypal as well; no refund here yet. No mail about voucher either. Of course, lots of people pre-ordered so it'll take time taking care of each one.
  • edited April 2011
    Onlymadman wrote: »
    I just wish they told us what theyre doing with it :p

Yeah, it would be nice to hear a little bit more in detail what they want to improve.
  • edited April 2011
    I have pre-ordered games a lot.. and many times those game's release dates have been pushed back... this is the first time a company has EVER said hey here is your money back and a voucher for the game for free when its released...
  • edited April 2011
    It's probably a huge breath of fresh air for the JP development team as it eases the tension of over-rushing the game.

I am with you but my biggest problem is that they should have told us about 3 weeks ago. I can't imagine the Devs sitting all around in the office and thinking about releasing it or not... "Oh, lets release it, no no wait its not good enough...". That does not reflect TTGs character.
    There must be something else in the background. Maybe the console manufacturers did not want the game to come out on PC first and hit TTG with big pressure. THAT is something i can imagine quite good.
  • edited April 2011
    for the record, the people who work at the consoles are probably the nicest, most down to earth, humble human beings on the planet. Like when PSN went down, and i called about it 10 times in one day, and that nice man told me to go (boink) myself.....i remember hanging up and thinking how nice it was for him to offer me an alternative activity to pass the time.

genuine human beings.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.