Everything You Need to Know About the JP Delay

edited May 2011 in Jurassic Park
Since the release discussion threads have gotten long and difficult to slog through, here is everything you need to know:

Q: Why is JP being delayed?
A: We'll be honest, even the mods don't know that stuff. What we DO know is that this decision was made with the utmost desire to please the fans, hoping to release it better than before.

Q: When's the release?
A: Fall '11

Q: Console release?
A: Also, Fall '11. Release is simultaneous. Note that the original console release was intended to be Fall '11, so the console release will see no change in timeframe.

Q: I don't want a refund. I just want the game.
A: It's difficult to do this case by case. Everyone gets a refund.

Q: How do I get my refund/free game coupon?
A: Keep an eye on your email. (Check your spambox, too)

Q: Is it one or the other?
A: No. You get a FULL REFUND for JP AND a voucher good for any full Telltale season or a single game- your choice on what to use the voucher on.

Q: What can I use the free game coupon on?
A: Any full TT game, current or FUTURE. Yes, THIS INCLUDES JP, FABLES, OR ANY OTHER NOT-YET-RELEASED TITLE. The free game coupon does not expire. Anyone who preordered JP can use the coupon to get it free of charge.

Q: Long story short- I preordered JP. I get my $30 returned AND a voucher. I can then turn around and use that voucher to buy JP- so I can get JP for free?
A: So long as you use the voucher for JP, yes.

Q: Insider Forum?
A: Will remain open.

Q: New preorders?
A: TT will let you know when preorders will start again.

Please feel free to ask any other questions here.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Wow, so I basically get JP for free? Thanks for being so great Telltale!
  • edited April 2011
    Fall 2011 means october-december 2011??
  • edited April 2011
    at least give us some new media..
  • edited April 2011
    So this all boils down to: You get JP for free.
    well, that's nice.
  • edited April 2011
    1) Hoping that Jurassic Park won't be completely cancelled. Just delayed. Right? :/
    2) Can we expect more media in the next few months?
    3) What kind of things can we expect from the delay? (Better graphics, in-game mobility, etc.)?
    4) What do you call a blind dinosaur?

Seriously appreciate the way Telltale is handling the situation with a refund (and free game) despite the disappointment of a delay. Here's hoping for an amazing Jurassic Park game.
  • edited April 2011
    starpooled wrote: »
    1) Hoping that Jurassic Park won't be completely cancelled. Just delayed. Right? :/
    3) What kind of things can we expect from the delay? (Better graphics, in-game mobility, etc.)?

Seriously appreciate the way Telltale is handling the situation with a refund (and free game) despite the disappointment of a delay. Here's hoping for an amazing Jurassic Park game.

The only one I can answer is #4- me! I'm a blind dinosaur! (If by " blind dinosaur" you mean "someone old who has to type with a braille keyboard".
  • edited April 2011
    Why???!!! What are they doing to it?
  • edited April 2011
    starpooled wrote: »

Correct. The game is simply delayed and in no way, shape, or form does this mean cancellation at all. You will be playing Jurassic Park this fall.

You'll be seeing more of the game coming up, especially as we lead into E3 and beyond.
  • edited April 2011
    My theory is that not only are they polishing the graphics (which were fine in my opinion) but they are also changing some gameplay aspects, as a game full of QT events didn't get the positive response they expected.

And besides, it's better that they are taking their time with it. Look at BTTF, we don't want that kind of rushed thing, right? (It's not a criticism, only an observation). I just hope that they are working on more episodes than just the first one.

Let's wait and see.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm interested to see what that will do to the release schedule as I would imagine that they will use this time to work on all the episodes of the game.
  • edited April 2011
    Just don't turn it into a third-person shooter, ok? I'm still kind of upset after the whole Splinter Cell: Conviction thing... :p
  • edited April 2011
    So when i get my refund... I still can get the game free? Or do i need to pay again.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    So when i get my refund... I still can get the game free? Or do i need to pay again.

You can get the refund, then use the voucher to re-purchase the game when it's available in the store again, effectively getting you the game for free. Or you can use the voucher for another Telltale game, and buy JP again if you choose to do so.
  • edited April 2011

You won't need to re-purchase if you don't want to. The voucher we give you will be able to be used on Jurassic Park when we make it available for purchase again.
  • edited April 2011
    1) When the game is released in the Fall(on PC), will it still be in episodic format taking place over 5 months?

2) Which consoles is the game being released for? Is Wii completely out of the question?
  • edited April 2011
    You won't need to re-purchase if you don't want to. The voucher we give you will be able to be used on Jurassic Park when we make it available for purchase again.

Alan, when will this voucher be available, and are we really getting a full refund and the voucher to purchase the entire game??
  • edited April 2011
    So if i take the refund with the voucher (and im not saying i will it's just something to think about) would that mean that i would no longer have acess to the insider forum until i pre-ordered it agiain?
  • edited April 2011
    Ive been hyped for this game. Working my ass off for it. And now i hear that the delay will cause me not only to loose the game... BUT MAKE ME BUY IT AGAIN :mad:

Ive played all your other games (Except Monkey Island. But im not to into swashbuckling games lol) And now i can get a free game? Thank you but ive played EACH one. Will we have the choice to keep the game and not forced into the refund. Cause its not right to work hard for a game you really want and then gave the bird and loose it. Im not in a cheery mood about this. And id like to know MORE about this case. Cause this is making me angry.
  • edited April 2011
    RaptorsRwk wrote: »
    So if i take the refund with the voucher (and im not saying i will it's just something to think about) would that mean that i would no longer have acess to the insider forum until i pre-ordered it agiain?

if you pre-ordered the first time, you'll remain with access
  • edited April 2011

What? There will be 2 codes? 1 for JP and 1 for the free game? :confused:
    edited April 2011
    magamer1 wrote: »
    are we really getting a full refund and the voucher to purchase the entire game??

Yes.
    RaptorsRwk wrote: »

Everyone gets a refund automatically, and you'll still have access to the Insider forum.
  • edited April 2011
    Ive been hyped for this game. Working my ass off for it. And now i hear that the delay will cause me not only to loose the game... BUT MAKE ME BUY IT AGAIN :mad:

Ive played all your other games (Except Monkey Island. But im not to into swashbuckling games lol) And now i can get a free game? Thank you but ive played EACH one. Will we have the choice to keep the game and not forced into the refund. Cause its not right to work hard for a game you really want and then gave the bird and loose it. Im not in a cheery mood about this. And id like to know MORE about this case. Cause this is making me angry.

You'll be able to use your free game voucher on any full season game, including Jurassic Park when we make it available for purchase again. The voucher will not expire.
  • edited April 2011
    You'll be able to use your free game voucher on any full season game, including Jurassic Park when we make it available for purchase again. The voucher will not expire.

So if i use the code on 1 game. Then im screwed? Meaning no more JP?
  • edited April 2011

They are giving you your money back...and the voucher can be used to get JP for free if you want when they put it back up for sale... basically, you're getting $30 in your pocket plus the game then.
    edited April 2011
    What? There will be 2 codes? 1 for JP and 1 for the free game? :confused:

One voucher code, plus a refund for the pre-order.
  • edited April 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    They are giving you your money back...and the voucher can be used to get JP for free if you want when they put it back up for sale... basically, you're getting $30 in your pocket plus the game then.

But i dont know how will this work. So i loose JP. And have 1 code for a free game OR JP. I was looking forward to this. But now i want Monkey Island. But i dont want to give up JP.
  • edited April 2011
    So if i use the code on 1 game. Then im screwed? Meaning no more JP?

Voucher is good for all five episodes of JP
  • edited April 2011
    I guess this isn't too bad. We haven't even seen all that much of the game anyway, so TellTale can still tease. I hope they do some major overhaul in the time they have.
  • edited April 2011
    Johro wrote: »

Im not sure how they can afford this, it sounds great right now, but something must have gone seriously south of the hell border for them to be willing to give up all the money and give out free games.
  • edited April 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    You can keep the game, the refund is only their if you want it. It's completely up to you.

Ok Ok. So i guess ill use the refund money on Monkey Island. And the code on JP.
  • edited April 2011

If we use the voucher thing on JP when it becomes available again, do we get all of the pre-order perks still (like the end-of-season DVD) or do we have to re-pre-order it for that?
    edited April 2011
    But i dont know how will this work. So i loose JP. And have 1 code for a free game OR JP. I was looking forward to this. But now i want Monkey Island. But i dont want to give up JP.

In that case, buy Monkey Island and use your voucher on JP... or use your voucher on Monkey Island and buy JP when it's available again in the store. Up to you... but either way, you don't have to "lose" JP.
  • edited April 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    In that case, buy Monkey Island and use your voucher on JP... or use your voucher on Monkey Island and buy JP when it's available again in the store. Up to you... but either way, you don't have to "lose" JP.

Ok. Refund money on Monkey Island. Code on JP. Now im a little happier.
  • edited April 2011
    Guys Im still curious when this voucher will be available, thats something worth making sure ya dont accidently delete. lol
  • edited April 2011
    you guys notice how many posts alan has made so far, not really that many, im willing to bet most of them will be on this issue. just an observation
  • edited April 2011
    Working my ass off for it.
    What exactly does this mean? :confused:

What "work" did you do?
  • edited April 2011
    After taking a scroll. I noticed some people get to have their Pre Orders held. Can you guys hold in my Pre Order. Having some bank issues so i wont get any refund (Bloody Wachovia)
  • edited April 2011
    magamer1 wrote: »
    Guys Im still curious when this voucher will be available, thats something worth making sure ya dont accidently delete. lol

It will be available soon via email.
  • edited April 2011
    What exactly does this mean? :confused:

What "work" did you do?

I work as a cashier at Best Buy. I had to do some overnight shifts just to get some cash for it.
  • edited April 2011
    Actually all of us mods our answering questions, Alan is a busy man.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.