Jp 4

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Yeah that´s what i thought too. I mean at the end of JP1 he changed his opinion about kids. So it would be nice if in the 3rd he and Ellie would be a happy couple with kids.

But i think i read somewhere, they consider for a fourth film that Ellie seperates from her husband and she and Alan get together. I don´t know if it´s true :confused:

That would be so cool. I dont know i u have ever eard o jplegacy.org but there are sections or the movies and there is deleted scenes and there is a pic of Sam and Laura kissing while they r on set in the dig area from the beginning o the irst movie. but it would be good if Ellie and Alan were together:D
  • edited May 2011
    I don´t know if it´s true :confused:

I'm almost certain it was in an interview, however in my opinion it would be a bad idea. If you've already established that they've split up because of Grants apparant reluntancy to have kids and leave his life of digging why on earth would you have them get back together all of a sudden and have them resolve those issues like magic it just doesnt make sense to me.
  • edited May 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    Actually the first island was only demolished in the book well bombed, and i totally think they should do something with the first island, and i dont know what it is with Isla Sorna. The 2nd and 3rd movies were about that island, and i want the original cast and newbies back on Isla Nublar, Trying to save the dinosaurs, but not to rebuild another park. Also i think if Universal is wise they might make a movie based on this new game. that would be nice.
    in The Lost World, there is a scene where Peter Ludlow says that all organic life was demolished on Nublar. It was a deleted scene, but most consider it canon.
    I hope Spielberg won´t allow Johnston to come back for a fourth movie. He ruined the third movie so much, that Spielberg shouldn´t even consider to choose him as the director for the fourth installment. The master himself should take care of his great franchise. And not such a dumb director like Johnston. :mad:
    It's not all Johnston's fualt. It was David Koepp and Kathleen Kennedy who created all the stuff we don't like about JP3. Johnston originally had an idea that revolved around dinosaurs on the mainland and a return of Grant and Malcolm. I say that Koepp and Kennedy should be left out of the 4th film, Johnston is a perfectly capable director.
  • edited May 2011
    It's not all Johnston's fualt. It was David Koepp and Kathleen Kennedy who created all the stuff we don't like about JP3. Johnston originally had an idea that revolved around dinosaurs on the mainland and a return of Grant and Malcolm. I say that Koepp and Kennedy should be left out of the 4th film, Johnston is a perfectly capable director.

David Koepp had nothing to do with the third movie, he wrote the script for number one and two. By the way, I have nothing against him, I think he can write great entertainment. He also did a good job on Spielberg's "War of the Worlds" and "Indy 4", and he's a fine director as well.

Speaking of the script: IMDB says they started shooting before the script was finished. We all know that's never a good sign...
  • edited May 2011
    I know I probably sound like a retard but what was the original script for the 3rd movie?:confused:
    I think it was something with Dr. Grant living on Sorna

From what I have heard, the movie's premise would have been that Pteranodons attack the mainland, so an expedition is sent to investagate the escaped animals and Isla Sorna... and it was Spielberg's original idea that Grant should be living IN A TREE in Isla Sorna.:) The bird-cage sequence would have been extended.

I'llt try to find a source on that, but that script idea would explain one of the original posters on the JPIII DVD, it said 'Outbreak: Jurassic Park'.

But I have never heard of the 'teenagers on the island' idea, but there must have been a gazillion sciptments and scripts.

EDIT: okay, as it turns out, my source was simply wikipedia which quoted the JPIII DVD (?) and a think a Box Office Mojo article.

"The third film was greenlit in August 1999 and was based on a story by Steven Spielberg, featuring Alan Grant after having lived in a tree on one of the islands and studied the dinosaur population. Johnston never had any concrete concept for the third installment, other than stating the film would be "more stand-alone" and feature a lot of flying reptiles.

New writers were brought in to scribe a story involving Pteranodon escaping from Site B and causing a rash of mysterious killings on the mainland, which was to be investigated by Alan Grant and a number of other characters including wealthy Paul Roby and his teenage son Miles, Paul's love interest, Billy Brennan, a naturalist named Simone, and a tough Military Attache. Grant's group was to track the Pterosaurs back to Site B and crash on the island, while a parallel investigation was carried out on the mainland. Supposedly, the aviary sequence and laboratory set piece were much longer and more complex, including raptors stealthily entering the hatchery while the team spent the night. Sets, costumes, and props were built for this version, before Johnston threw out the completed script five weeks before filming in order to pursue the "rescue mission" plot, which was suggested by David Koepp."
  • edited May 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    From what I have heard, the movie's premise would have been that Pteranodons attack the mainland, so an expedition is sent to investagate the escaped animals and Isla Sorna... and it was Spielberg's original idea that Grant should be living IN A TREE in Isla Sorna.:) The bird-cage sequence would have been extended.

I'llt try to find a source on that, but that script idea would explain one of the original posters on the JPIII DVD, it said 'Outbreak: Jurassic Park'.

But I have never heard of the 'teenagers on the island' idea, but there must have been a gazillion sciptments and scripts.

EDIT: okay, as it turns out, my source was simply wikipedia which quoted the JPIII DVD (?) and a think a Box Office Mojo article.

"The third film was greenlit in August 1999 and was based on a story by Steven Spielberg, featuring Alan Grant after having lived in a tree on one of the islands and studied the dinosaur population. Johnston never had any concrete concept for the third installment, other than stating the film would be "more stand-alone" and feature a lot of flying reptiles.

New writers were brought in to scribe a story involving Pteranodon escaping from Site B and causing a rash of mysterious killings on the mainland, which was to be investigated by Alan Grant and a number of other characters including wealthy Paul Roby and his teenage son Miles, Paul's love interest, Billy Brennan, a naturalist named Simone, and a tough Military Attache. Grant's group was to track the Pterosaurs back to Site B and crash on the island, while a parallel investigation was carried out on the mainland. Supposedly, the aviary sequence and laboratory set piece were much longer and more complex, including raptors stealthily entering the hatchery while the team spent the night. Sets, costumes, and props were built for this version, before Johnston threw out the completed script five weeks before filming in order to pursue the "rescue mission" plot, which was suggested by David Koepp."

Wow i didn´t know that.

What i´ve heard was only that Grant was living on a tree.

The other thing i know was that Jeff Goldblum was supposed to return for JP3 but broke his leg 3 weeks before shooting.
  • edited May 2011
    I know i may sound like a whiney baby but i really want sattler to be involved. I feel they really didnt focus on her as much as people wanted them to. In the first movie yah i know they focused on her alot, but in the third one her part was very small and not good, they just showed her talking to grant about raptors, and they showed her talking to grant on the sattelite phone. I just feel she was a character that was kinda pitched out of the movies.
  • edited May 2011
    After JP 3. I really don't want to see another milked version of Jurassic Park. JP 3 had a nice plot. But it was executed poorly.
  • edited May 2011
    MasCot wrote: »

Damn, that would have been much better. Too bad Johnston decided for the B-movie version... Still, the story about mysterious killings on the mainland could make a good fourth.
  • edited June 2011
    News: Spielberg Spitballing New Jurassic Park

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31251
  • edited June 2011
    Hopefully it isnt that so called amazing idea from the article abt the dinos being like marines WTF that would certainly ruin JP a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:
  • edited June 2011
    Hopefully it isnt that so called amazing idea from the article abt the dinos being like marines WTF that would certainly ruin JP a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

make something viable to the story....lets not make michael chriton roll in his grave, bring us back to a realistic, action packed destroyed version of isla nublar WITH ABSOLUTLEY NO GUN TOATING ARMED HUMANOID DINOSAURS....... bring back hammond and a vital objective, bring back lewis dodgson and those sadistic M*^th%^ F*(k^$s at biosyn industries to be defeated finally, and (in my opinion lets have the park actually succeed by the end of the trilogy)
  • edited June 2011
    News: Spielberg Spitballing New Jurassic Park

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31251

A couple other notable articles on the breaking news today that Spielberg is exploring ideas for JP4:

Nothing set in stone yet, but sounds like the options are being looked at. At least the idea of JP4 is back on the table. :D :cool:
  • edited June 2011
    A couple other notable articles on the breaking news today that Spielberg is exploring ideas for JP4:

Nothing set in stone yet, but sounds like the options are being looked at. At least the idea of JP4 is back on the table. :D :cool:

This was yesterday????? OMFG.. i knew this would come after captian america! fingers crossed for a good script...
  • edited June 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    This was yesterday????? OMFG.. i knew this would come after captian america! fingers crossed for a good script...

same here i will be on my knee's praying this happens, picture it another jurassic park that i would truly get to expeience in the theaters all the rest of them i was to young. when the first came out before i was born the second i was 1 and for the third i just couldnt go see it. so hopefully i get too:)
  • edited June 2011
    As long as it's not that idiotic Dinosaurs with guns bullcrap, I'm sold. Let's hope Speilberg can give some good influence on getting this film done. I wouldn't count on seing Sam Neil reprise his role as Alan Grant though. He did recently say he saw no point in continuing the franchise now that Stan Winston and Michael Chrichton are gone. Doesn't help that Sir. Richard Attenborough isn't doing too well health wise. But maybe this can be a fresh start for a whole new story. Either way, it's exciting news.
  • PoFPoF
    edited June 2011
    Dear God,

Would you please don't destroy my dreams making Dinosaur-Human-Dog-Zombie-With Guns or whatever. Otherwise, I can tell you that blood will flow in Hollywood. And I mean, actual blood. Not tomato sauce.
  • edited June 2011
    As long as it's not that idiotic Dinosaurs with guns bullcrap, I'm sold. Let's hope Speilberg can give some good influence on getting this film done. I wouldn't count on seing Sam Neil reprise his role as Alan Grant though. He did recently say he saw no point in continuing the franchise now that Stan Winston and Michael Chrichton are gone. Doesn't help that Sir. Richard Attenborough isn't doing too well health wise. But maybe this can be a fresh start for a whole new story. Either way, it's exciting news.

some sources (blairwitch.de) think that the next installment of jurassic park will take use of the latest 3D-technologies. as the first movie was a milestone in cgi-animation it is very likely that they want to recreate a milestone with nowadays technology, which is very likely the current 3D boom.
    2013 would be the 20th anniversary of Jurassic Park but probably a bit to soon.

i personally would like a remake of the first film (in 3D if they want). but in an attempt to honor Michael Crichton this remake should be the visualization of the original novel with all the characters, happenings and timeline from the book. it should be set in 1989 which would include late 80s architecture, computers, cars, fashion... just to stay true to the novel. about the dinosaurs i don't know if a redesign would be necessary.
    because of the rather long content it probably should be split into 2 movies.
    THAT would be what I like.
  • edited June 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    some sources (blairwitch.de) think that the next installment of jurassic park will take use of the latest 3D-technologies. as the first movie was a milestone in cgi-animation it is very likely that they want to recreate a milestone with nowadays technology, which is very likely the current 3D boom.
    2013 would be the 20th anniversary of Jurassic Park but probably a bit to soon.

i personally would like a remake of the first film (in 3D if they want). but in an attempt to honor Michael Crichton this remake should be the visualization of the original novel with all the characters, happenings and timeline from the book. it should be set in 1989 which would include late 80s architecture, computers, cars, fashion... just to stay true to the novel. about the dinosaurs i don't know if a redesign would be necessary.
    because of the rather long content it probably should be split into 2 movies.
    THAT would be what I like.

Personally, I'm not a fan of this 3D movement, however a rebooting of Jurassic Park that honors Chrichton's vision would be an interesting take on the series. But as I said, I'm good with anything that isn't the dino/human splices or dinosaurs with weapons.
  • edited June 2011
    pre hurricane clarissa site B anyone????
  • edited June 2011
    What:confused:
  • edited June 2011
    What:confused:

What they mean is a story focused on Site B prior to the Hurricane that forced InGen to abandon the facilities altogether
  • edited June 2011
    What they mean is a story focused on Site B prior to the Hurricane that forced InGen to abandon the facilities altogether

thanks now i understand
  • edited June 2011
    baryonyx was suposed to be the star of the third movie but then got replaced
    user281_pic2495_1254581626.jpg

http://www.jplegacy.org/jpencyclopedia/?p=332
  • edited June 2011
    baryonyx was suposed to be the star of the third movie but then got replaced
    user281_pic2495_1254581626.jpg

http://www.jplegacy.org/jpencyclopedia/?p=332
    Wow, I did not know that!

But that explains the Spino-in-the-river sequence a little better: the dinosaur was not supposed to stalk them, it may have been just fishing when Grant & co came with the boat.
  • edited June 2011
    Just an idea everyone, it might of been suggested before but I would like to know what you all think.
    What if a theme park company brought the land that the park was on and then went in to try to sort it all out. They could capture the dinos and then start to rebuild the park back to it's former glory, but this time with modern technology. They could completely start the park and then have guests and everything.
    I don't know how this will end yet as I only just thought of it and now that I think about it it sort of sounds like the second movie. But anyway what do you guys think?
  • edited June 2011
    I had an idea simular to yours, Sallymerrett22 but for a TV series. I wouldn't mind seeing a TV series based off Jurassic Park where the first tour went as planned and Jurassic Park actually opened. The series would be about different adventures happening on Isla Nublar with the park open to the public. Perhaps one ep. the raptors get out and they're trying to capture them. There's a lot of story to be had about running a dinosaur park.
  • edited June 2011
    Wow! I love your idea waroftheworlds01. I think that would be absolutely excellent. The first episode could be a double episode where they go back to the park and design rides and stuff and re open it. It could end just as they open the gates to the public. You could have loads of different episodes with dinos escaping, rides failing, people wandering off, hackers causing trouble. It would make excellent Saturday night viewing and get everyone hyped up about dinosaurs again.
  • edited June 2011
    I just saw it's back on imdb.:D It was listed there for so many years.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369610/
  • edited June 2011
    I had an idea simular to yours, Sallymerrett22 but for a TV series. I wouldn't mind seeing a TV series based off Jurassic Park where the first tour went as planned and Jurassic Park actually opened. The series would be about different adventures happening on Isla Nublar with the park open to the public. Perhaps one ep. the raptors get out and they're trying to capture them. There's a lot of story to be had about running a dinosaur park.

I would love a tv series of events before the first film. how they built the park etc...
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah, a TV show would be cool. Hell, I'd take an animated series as well but I would prefer live action.
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah, a TV show would be cool. Hell, I'd take an animated series as well but I would prefer live action.

i dig it, have grant and billy working there, new dinosaurs being added to the park (and or causing problems) and for the hacker idea have Ingen technicians battle Biosyn hackers for cyber supremacy and add the whole corperate espionage theme to the show as well. who ever came up with the TV show /Hi5 you are a genius
  • edited June 2011
    I'm loving the biosyn espionage idea, that would be really cool too. I think we should start a new thread with this in at some point.
  • edited June 2011
    If there should be any new Jurassic Park movie which is not a remake, then the most important question is of course:
    What do we want to tell with this movie? What is the key aim of it?
    What sort of questions aren't answered, where we could expand the story?
    Which storylines are there that don't seem to have come to a satisfying end?
  • edited June 2011
    What if a theme park company brought the land that the park was on and then went in to try to sort it all out.

Why move an island?
  • edited June 2011
    pmzanetti wrote: »
    We could only be so lucky.

Not sure what the hold up is, though. Jurassic Park is a very successful franchise with a proven track record of making money. As long as the project is well funded (what financier wouldn't want to back a JP movie?), the potential is endless.
    There are so many different approaches that could be taken:

OP: The question I ask myself when thinking about what could make a great JP 4 is, "What mystery is left? What is missing from the known canon, that holds the most interesting details."

One thing comes to mind. Wu, and the making of Jurassic Park.

I think there is a lot there, and B D Wong could be a leading actor if he's available/interested.

OH Man!!! I know right?? I sat down yesterday and asked myself what could they possibly have left to make the story of JP4 compelling? Well they could bring back old characters! And Wu makes the most sense! He could tell you about the mysteries in the DNA and the dangerous secret dinosaurs that he made for mysterious purposes for inGen. Another thing I loved was the DX disease in the Lost world novel that Wu tried to contain. I think that would be an awesome addition to the jp lore. But we need to make sure that Wu made it to the boat first. :) Telltale may have a suprise for us in that department, after all he did die in the novel. BTW my partial "storyline" if you can call it that is actually kind of decent if i do say so myself. :D
  • edited June 2011
    Here's the idea for people who want to know. Jurassic Park: The Migration. In the First novel there is a strong avian instinct in the dinosaurs to migrate. After 20 years of living on Sorna, the small island is becoming overpopulated with dinosaurs, especially with carnivores such as the raptors. The dinosaurs start to become increasingly aggresive with passing cargo ships and cruise liners and dinosaurs such as compys and raptors and maybe even Baryonyx start to swim aboard and stowaway on the ships and migrate onto the main land as well as populating the remaining islands of the Five deaths. And then there are the Pteranodons and the Marine Reptiles that start to migrate as well. Then there's a whole side plot of the DX and Tim Murphy having to take matters into his own hands to stop a public outcry to destroy the animals because of the casualties, he goes to Doctor Wu, gets a crew together to capture and contain the animals and stuff. It's a pretty good story IMO. Feedback?
  • edited June 2011
    Here's the idea for people who want to know. Jurassic Park: The Migration. In the First novel there is a strong avian instinct in the dinosaurs to migrate. After 20 years of living on Sorna, the small island is becoming overpopulated with dinosaurs, especially with carnivores such as the raptors. The dinosaurs start to become increasingly aggresive with passing cargo ships and cruise liners and dinosaurs such as compys and raptors and maybe even Baryonyx start to swim aboard and stowaway on the ships and migrate onto the main land as well as populating the remaining islands of the Five deaths. And then there are the Pteranodons and the Marine Reptiles that start to migrate as well. Then there's a whole side plot of the DX and Tim Murphy having to take matters into his own hands to stop a public outcry to destroy the animals because of the casualties, he goes to Doctor Wu, gets a crew together to capture and contain the animals and stuff. It's a pretty good story IMO. Feedback?

I think that would work for the comics or perhaps a video game. Not sure if it would work as a feature film though. I don't see dinosaurs being able to swim out to a ship and climb aboard without anyone knowing. It worked in the first novel because the compies were small and the ship was still going back and forth from the island dock to the mainland. Overall though, it sounds like a fun story.
  • edited June 2011
    I think that would work for the comics or perhaps a video game. Not sure if it would work as a feature film though. I don't see dinosaurs being able to swim out to a ship and climb aboard without anyone knowing. It worked in the first novel because the compies were small and the ship was still going back and forth from the island dock to the mainland. Overall though, it sounds like a fun story.

Thanks :) I do admit when I was jotting the rest of it down it seemed like a much more involved kind of deal than just a movie so yeah I guess you're right it really wouldn't work for just a film. The raptors could swim in the novels though, as for the compies... no idea unless it was an emergency landing on shore. But hey this could explain the crew from the Lost World who just died. Maybe they brought back some dino stowaways with them and not just the Rex and the baby. I just don't see how they can have a really concrete idea for a fourth film though. I really don't.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm loving the biosyn espionage idea, that would be really cool too. I think we should start a new thread with this in at some point.

The pilot episode could be the first film again, with Grant, Ellie, Malcolm, Genarro, Lex and Tim experiencing their pre opening tour. Except that the tour this time is a success which sets the scene. :)

Imagine if Nedry had that lunch with dodgson, but this time became a mole for Biosyn, and remains undetected for a certain amount of time!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.