Jp 4

1235»

Comments

• edited November 2011
    pmzanetti wrote: »
    NOVELS ARE NOT ADAPTED TO MOVIES. For you children that just can't possibly grasp the concept of scenes, filming, dialogue, transition, timing, and pace, you have to understand that full length novels cannot be, and never are, literally adapted to film. Not. Ever.

That so? Hmmm...I seem to remember going to see the first Narnia movie and the whole time going "Holy crap this is just like the book." It CAN be done. Unfortunately, we get movies like Eragon that seem to disprove that.

Also, thanks for inferring that I'm a child.:rolleyes: When I say I'd like it to be closer to the book, I mean that there were important things mentioned that weren't really touched on. Plus there were a lot more dinosaurs, and I would've liked to have seen that. Not to mention that the movie did mess up by introducing the sick Triceratops but not show that they figured out what was wrong with it.
  • edited January 2012
    If Jurassic park 4 is good, people will get in to jurassic park. But if it's bad, the franchise will be forgotten. IT ALL DEPENDS!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2012
    There hasn't been any news on it as far as i know. I have been checking jplegacy.org like everyday and nothing, i am kinda starting to get P.Oed
  • edited January 2012
    SeanJP wrote: »
    There hasn't been any news on it as far as i know. I have been checking jplegacy.org like everyday and nothing, i am kinda starting to get P.Oed
    There won't be for at least a year or two as Spielberg is working on other movies at the moment. Once he becomes free you won't be looking far on the Internet to hear of it.
  • edited January 2012
    Speilberg has confirmed he IS NOT going to direct JP IV

RATHER HE WILL PRODUCE
  • edited January 2012
    well hopefully, its 2012! maybe next year, also, it is suppsed to be released either next year or 2014
  • edited January 2012
    Jurassic Park IV: Still Going In Circles

Date: Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 12:45 (Eastern)
    Author: Tyrannosaur

In the endless supply of rumor-mill JPIV news it's been reported that Jurassic Park IV is still going ahead by a tight-lipped Steven Spielberg. The only thing we know, which I consider bad news, is that Spielberg is not directing. This comes from Collider.
    “I don’t want to talk about Jurassic Park 4 yet – it’s too early – but I can tell you that I’m not directing it. I’m producing it though.”
    Essentially it's the same string of collective crap we've been hearing for years folks. This is disappointing first off on two counts:
    1.) Spielberg not directing - Why is this bad? It's not necessarily good in my mind because Spielberg definitely has a style that's absolutely not present in the third film. Not saying Johnston's efforts were bad when it came to the third film, but the story of a rehashed rescue mission made it a tragic waste of talent. JP3 will remain always good for what it was, but it's not anything overly special.
    2.) The story may suffer. The fact is Johnston is the go-to-Jurassic guy and while not an entirely bad thing I find that Johnston is like a car that needs to be tuned up to still be unique but emulate the style of the first two films. I'm concerned, as a long-time fan, JP is heading the way of the bad SyFy movies. I don't want that and there are many that don't want that either.

What I do feel confident about is that Johnston will get there as he's had many films to add to his portfolio of work since JP3, namely Captain America (while decent) and Wolfman (which did awful) these reviews though do not reflect my own as I have truly not seen the films to be a judge of it. So essentially some of his works are good, and some are bad. Johnston has laid some clue as to what the fourth film might be according to ScreenRant.
    “We are in discussions about ‘Jurassic Park 4.’ The most important thing I can tell you is that it starts a new trilogy that will go off in a different direction — a completely different direction that is very exciting, and different from anything we’ve seen.” Johnston continued by saying that, “It starts with the history of the first trilogy, but it spins it off in a completely different direction. That’s all I can tell you.”
    This is shaky at best because again - the same collective crap we've heard from years. In the end I look at it like this though, Jurassic Park has had a good run. Further with the new game done by TellTale it expands the story more so and makes it seem like we had a sequel already a "Jurassic Park 1.5". I do recommend buying the game if you haven't already for that reason. (Thanks to 'Gabriel' for allowing me to dig up more information - unknowingly - for my rant).
  • edited January 2012
    I had an idea simular to yours, Sallymerrett22 but for a TV series. I wouldn't mind seeing a TV series based off Jurassic Park where the first tour went as planned and Jurassic Park actually opened. The series would be about different adventures happening on Isla Nublar with the park open to the public. Perhaps one ep. the raptors get out and they're trying to capture them. There's a lot of story to be had about running a dinosaur park.

well its not jurassic park, but Terra Nova, or Prime Eval ;)
  • edited January 2012
    well i started a nove entitled jpiv, i only posted the prologue but i have more, so if you wanna hop on over to fan fiction.net and read it here is the link http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7758324/1/JPIV if you guys like it please let me know on here thanks
  • edited January 2012
    -breaking ground.
    -first successful dinosaur hatching.
    -raising the first infants.
    -problems with the early batches.
    -the growing of the operation into a massive park at site A and huge production line at site B.
    -planning to deal with adult dinosaurs.
    -the delusion of success.
    -releasing the juveniles into the wild on site B.
    -eventual break down and abandonment of the site B facility, which occurred shortly after the disaster at Jurassic Park.

I think that would be a great idea and I agree with pmzanetti a prequel would be a good way to go, but I would like to see the new script live up to the idea,(If they use the current one) Can't wait for it would be good if Joe didn't do this one. We know it's coming Steven Spielberg announced it at comic-con. From what I remember of the interview Universal wanted it finished by 2013 but Spielberg said that wasn't enough time and wanted till 2014. either way it will be awesome.
  • edited March 2012
    News Update Jurassic Park four!!! Finally a script is complete and on it's way, Steven Speilbergh saying, "We have a story, I can happily announce right now. We have a writer... Hopefully, we'll be making Jurassic Park 4 in the near future. In the next two or three years. Another piece of info- "Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three — it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you." One last! He finally pronounces that Jurassic Park four will be released next year of summer 2013. Don't believe me? Look here for the answers.
    http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/jurassic-park-returns-to-theaters-in-3d-for-summer-2013-release/
    The other two I got some where else. Whoops forgot too mention, their just putting it in 3d to celebrate the anniversary, sorry for the hopes up.
  • edited March 2012
    News Update Jurassic Park four!!! Finally a script is complete and on it's way, Steven Speilbergh saying, "We have a story, I can happily announce right now. We have a writer... Hopefully, we'll be making Jurassic Park 4 in the near future. In the next two or three years. Another piece of info- "Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three — it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you." One last! He finally pronounces that Jurassic Park four will be released next year of summer 2013. Don't believe me? Look here for the answers.
    http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/jurassic-park-returns-to-theaters-in-3d-for-summer-2013-release/
    The other two I got some where else. Whoops forgot too mention, their just putting it in 3d to celebrate the anniversary, sorry for the hopes up.

The script is complete? All they have is an "idea", they haven't even started writing yet.....

This is not news.
  • edited April 2012
    Guys this may be old news but it is new to me Dern is said to reprise her role as everybodies favorite paleobotanist, Ellie Sattler, in JP4, here is the article link, this article is fairly new, oct 2011 so we will just have to see if it is happening!http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/interrogation/2011/10/laura_dern_interview_the_enlightened_star_talks_david_lynch_medi.html
Sign in to comment in this discussion.