Jp 4

Comments

• edited June 2011
    ...speaking about imdb. They should really be more careful about who they let edit pages. Want a laugh? Go read the recent synopsis for JP4.
  • edited June 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    ...speaking about imdb. They should really be more careful about who they let edit pages. Want a laugh? Go read the recent synopsis for JP4.

What the hell? LOL That synopsis made no sense. lol
  • edited June 2011
    Just found this

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/steven-spielberg-brainstorming-jurassic-park-200911

Looks promising that a Jurassic Park 4 will happen eventually.
  • edited July 2011
    yeah, I just found this. not like it makes it official or anything but it makes you wonder.
  • edited July 2011
    Alstom1995 wrote: »
    The pilot episode could be the first film again, with Grant, Ellie, Malcolm, Genarro, Lex and Tim experiencing their pre opening tour. Except that the tour this time is a success which sets the scene. :)

Imagine if Nedry had that lunch with dodgson, but this time became a mole for Biosyn, and remains undetected for a certain amount of time!

Something still would have gone wrong. The inherent problem with the park was that it was understaffed and they relied too heavily on automation but they also presumed, quite arrogantly, that they had anticipated everything that could possibly go wrong. Arrogance and technology. Recipe for disaster.
  • edited July 2011
    Alstom1995 wrote: »
    The pilot episode could be the first film again, with Grant, Ellie, Malcolm, Genarro, Lex and Tim experiencing their pre opening tour. Except that the tour this time is a success which sets the scene. :)

Imagine if Nedry had that lunch with dodgson, but this time became a mole for Biosyn, and remains undetected for a certain amount of time!

I have to say part of me really likes the idea of this but another part of me has a bit of a problem with it. My problem with this idea of a park that works is that the messege of the novel was that life cannot be controlled or contained and therefore something was bound to go critically wrong with the park yet here in this proposed series there are minor problems that the park must go through but in the end the park survives regardless. This in complete contrast to the novel. However this is just my opinion and in no way should you let me get in your way. :D
  • edited July 2011
    RaptorsRwk wrote: »
    I have to say part of me really likes the idea of this but another part of me has a bit of a problem with it. My problem with this idea of a park that works is that the messege of the novel was that life cannot be controlled or contained and therefore something was bound to go critically wrong with the park yet here in this proposed series there are minor problems that the park must go through but in the end the park survives regardless. This in complete contrast to the novel. However this is just my opinion and in no way should you let me get in your way. :D

you have to admit though that if nedry hadnt shut down the security system it would hae been fine... the same would have happend at the sandiego zoo if some big guy snapped his fingers and the bars and fences of every animal enclosure suddenly dissapeared... end result: mayhem on a jurassic park scale. i think if the security wasnt so dependent on electricity it would have worked out either way,
  • edited July 2011
    Steven spielberg will be behind it, unless IMDB is wrong.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000229/

It has been announced, according to IMDB.
  • edited July 2011
    Tirien wrote: »
    Steven spielberg will be behind it, unless IMDB is wrong.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000229/

It has been announced, according to IMDB.

That is a user-imputed site after all, so don't count on it.
  • edited July 2011
  • edited July 2011
    awesome!
  • edited July 2011
    Well thats a shocker i was sure we would go back to the first Island and the movie would be made according to the game but whoop-dee-doo i guess this new movie is gonna be a shocker so to speak. and by the way i have started a so called novel named of course jp4 and if i can i will try to upload it to that one fanfiction site so you can all read it:D
  • edited July 2011
    Spielberg officially comments on JPIV!
    *Story in place.
    *Hopefully Movie in 2-3 years.

SOURCE: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118040292
    ...and if you Google News search.
  • edited July 2011
    Just beat me :P
  • edited July 2011
    exciting!
  • edited July 2011
    Spielberg officially comments on JPIV!
    *Story in place.
    *Hopefully Movie in 2-3 years.

SOURCE: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118040292
    ...and if you Google News search.

Wonderful. I can't wait to see what crap-pile we get next.
  • edited July 2011
    SAN DIEGO (AP) — Dinosaur fan alert: Steven Spielberg says a fourth "Jurassic Park" film may be only a few years away.

Spielberg told an audience at the Comic-Con fan convention Friday that he has a story and a screenwriter for the next installment of his blockbuster franchise about prehistoric reptiles brought into modern times through cloning.

The filmmaker directed the first two "Jurassic Park" adventures but would be overseeing as a producer this time. He says the film hopefully will come together in the next two or three years.

It was Spielberg's first trip to the sprawling Comic-Con event, where the director and his producing partner, Peter Jackson, showed off footage of their action story "The Adventures of Tintin." It's due in theaters late this year.

http://start.toshiba.com/news/read.php?id=18701068&ps=1016&srce=news_class&action=2&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_ETNWU00L2_UNEWS

YEEEES!!! :D
  • edited July 2011
    We have heard him say all that before... I will get excited with they start hiring actors and then get some film in the can.
  • edited July 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    We have heard him say all that before... I will get excited with they start hiring actors and then get some film in the can.

Well it's confirmed, and thats all I need. I just hope its better then the last one :o
  • edited July 2011
    He said "hopefully", its not really confirmed yet!
  • edited July 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    He said "hopefully", its not really confirmed yet!

But it's confirmed he's working on it.
  • edited July 2011
    yeah he had said all that before too.
  • edited July 2011
    This is already being discussed in the JP4 thread.

On another note...Jurassic Park 4?

donotwant-house1.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    As excited as I am for another Jurassic Park installment (another Nostalgia attack), I'm worried about the quality. Since Spielberg is no longer in the director's chair and the length of time between movies, I fear the movie will take a road that will be as hated as Indiana Jones 4 (Not accusing of it being horrible but it was certainly stood as a sore thumb when compared to the original trilogy).

Until actors get case, however, I'm still filing it under 'Maybe'.
  • edited July 2011
    That's nice, Spielberg. That's nice.....MAKE INTERSTELLAR AND LINCOLN DAMN YOU!
  • edited July 2011
    That's nice, Spielberg. That's nice.....MAKE INTERSTELLAR AND LINCOLN DAMN YOU!

Lincoln is going to be released in 2012, if I'm not mistaken. Daniel Day-Lewis will be playing the bearded one himself.

But I agree on Interstellar. Although I have a feeling that one is not so far away...
  • edited July 2011
    i read in game informer that if this game fails they probrably won't make a fourth they are kinda hoping this game to jump start the jurassic park spirit i guess but i would really like to see a fourth by steven spielberg and i totally agree with all the joe johnston's jp sucked
  • edited July 2011
    You don't agree with all actually. Cause I liked Jurassic park 3 lol I liked them all.

Anyway, I hope they do make another Jurassic park film. Reboot or not. I just want to see some more Jurassic Park action on the big screen.
  • edited July 2011
    Personally in my opinion i i were Speilberg I woud either be directing it or hve james cameron or another good director directing the film jp 1 and 2 were the best but the third sucked!!!!!!!!!! So I hope to god Johnston isnt directing because if u look back at the first two movies they were pretty good but then for the third movie it was ok but not as classic as the other two
  • edited July 2011
    ALright....So I watched Captain America...It was just as good as Iron Man 2!!!
    Captain America was one of the best superhero movies I ve seen!
    I want Joe to direct JP4
    GO JOE!:cool::cool::cool::cool:
  • edited July 2011
    It wasn't the directing that was the problem with Jurassic Park 3. It was the screenplay. If only they had a better screenplay people would have enjoyed it more
  • edited July 2011
    It wasn't the directing that was the problem with Jurassic Park 3. It was the screenplay. If only they had a better screenplay people would have enjoyed it more

I liked the basic premise of JP3. The problem was that they ignored paleontology in some places(ie. the Spinosaurus) and tried to acknowledge it badly in others(raptor quills). That and some contrived plot devices...and killing off the T-rex...and the fact that the movie was a good half hour shorter than the other two movies...

I personally do not want a JP4. Not unless they plan on going back to the beginning to actually ADAPT the novels. A fourth movie...poor Crichton's rolling in his grave.
  • edited July 2011
    It wasn't so much the paleontology that bothered me (these are gentic theme park monsters after all). It was just the lack of story. They had a lot of unused material from both the novel and the first two films that they could have based a story on. Hell, they could have did an adaptation of the second Novel and it would have been an entirely different film than the second one.

But instead, they went with a very cheap story line. A kid gets stuck on the island and a group goes in to find him. I would have taken a "Levin goes to the island to study dinosaurs and things go wrong when we find out Biosyn is on the island as well" over "The Kerby's go look for their kid".
  • edited July 2011
    It wasn't so much the paleontology that bothered me (these are gentic theme park monsters after all). It was just the lack of story. They had a lot of unused material from both the novel and the first two films that they could have based a story on. Hell, they could have did an adaptation of the second Novel and it would have been an entirely different film than the second one.

But instead, they went with a very cheap story line. A kid gets stuck on the island and a group goes in to find him. I would have taken a "Levin goes to the island to study dinosaurs and things go wrong when we find out Biosyn is on the island as well" over "The Kerby's go look for their kid".

Yes, if you notice, for once there is no HUMAN opposition on the island. Billy did attempt to steal eggs yes, but there was never a human antagonist. That's what really stood out to me.
  • edited July 2011
    There were no surprises story wise in JP3. There were 4 inessential and meaningless characters(and actors) and they got killed off quickly... then no one else died. Just a lot of running. That bothered me. If they do indeed make a #4, I hope it's all, or at least all but maybe 1, no name actors.
  • edited July 2011
    Yeah, I'd like some original casting.*Cough* maybe I could be casted. BUT at any rate, I think we could see some action from familiar faces.
  • edited July 2011
    In my opinion we need Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, and the Original Lex and Tim, Oh and Sam Neill and since Attenborough isnt well his brother David Could play Hammond
  • edited July 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    In my opinion we need Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, and the Original Lex and Tim, Oh and Sam Neill and since Attenborough isnt well his brother David Could play Hammond

but why would everyone go back? Especially Lex and Tim who are adults now and would be doing their own things.
  • edited July 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    but why would everyone go back? Especially Lex and Tim who are adults now and would be doing their own things.

Maybe what they could do is have Hammond pass away, thus sparing the expense of hiring someone to fill in Sir Richard's shoes (impossible to do in my opinion), and have everyone who was originally on the island and survived return for a will reading or something and take it from there. To me, it seems like the most likely scenario to get Sam, Laura, Jeff, Ariana, and Joseph to reprise their roles
  • edited July 2011
    It's kind of hard to involve more than one pre-existing character without making it seem forced...Even 1 can easily feel forced. I know everyone wants to see their beloved characters return, but it wouldn't make for a decent movie. Leave that stuff in the fanfic.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.