Jp 4

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Wow i think it would be cool because Seriously Grant and Sattler's characters were never really touched on after the first movie and in the third Ellie didnt have a big part at all. I feel that the idea of everyone back on an island and trying to discover ingens secrets about creating dinosaurs that were never registered would be a good movie and there i rest my case
  • edited July 2011
    BTW, what title would you guys give to the new movie?

There is the ever-returning title Extinction: Jurassic Park and one of the possible titles for JPIII was Breakout: Jurassic Park.

I'm all against Extinction, it'd be just cliché for me. I prefer Breakout and one of the titles I thought about is Creation: Jurassic Park after the failed Willis O'Brien dinosaur project before King Kong was made.

But my vote would go for Breakout.

Also, one of the people here suggested Jurassic Planet which I also kinda like.
  • edited August 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    BTW, what title would you guys give to the new movie?

There is the ever-returning title Extinction: Jurassic Park and one of the possible titles for JPIII was Breakout: Jurassic Park.

I'm all against Extinction, it'd be just cliché for me. I prefer Breakout and one of the titles I thought about is Creation: Jurassic Park after the failed Willis O'Brien dinosaur project before King Kong was made.

But my vote would go for Breakout.

Also, one of the people here suggested Jurassic Planet which I also kinda like.

Jurassic Park: Migration.
  • edited August 2011
    It would most likely just be "Jurassic Park 4" or "Jurassic _____". If they're going to stop numbering them, they would probably stop calling it a "park" as well; that definition hasn't been relevant since the first movie anyway.
  • edited August 2011
    Jurassic Park IV was announced by Steven Spielberg at Comic-Con 2011.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369610/

Don't pay attention to the synopsis in the link, just some bullcrap someone put together. A story has not been confirmed yet!
  • edited August 2011
    For the record, this is going to be more in response to the topic than any particular post in this thread.

I would say that JP4 is VERY likely to happen at this point. Spielberg has said it's gonna happen and Johnston is done with his current projects. Other than that, there's not much else that we can speculate on with any real certainty. All we can do is talk about our ideas and hope to God that someone in Hollywood takes notice of what the fans want and respect. That being said, I've seen a ton of great ideas in this thread for what JP4 would be about that have got me thinking about what makes sense for both the JP4 and JPtG. I don't think the bombing of Isla Nublar will make it into the movie, but it would be a logical and fantastic end point for JPtG. As a fan of the book as well, even though they never spelled it out, I had always assumed that either InGen or the Costa Rican government destroyed the island after the incident. For the movie though, a sequel makes more sense to me. I liked the idea of having it be about Wu and the production of both Site A and B. There could have been an incident even before the first movie that InGen swept under the table so they could continue trying to make their money back, regardless of possible safety issues. The question is, how'd it happen? I'd put money on it Dodgson and BioSyn would've been involved, but that's basically part of the plot of the game anyways. What I'd really like to see in the movie is Dodgson actually on one of those islands trying to get Dino DNA. Of course as the main bad guy, he'd have have to die a poetically brutal death at the end, but that's the whole reason we want him there. Besides that I'm not to sure what I'd want. Just keep the feel of the franchise right. Try to keep the dinosaurs scientifically believable (except whats already been established in canon) and keep them on the islands, with lots of running and screaming and characters that you want to make it but the half don't (I was disappointed how JP3 didn't kill anybody important).
  • edited August 2011
    all i am going to say is what a crock of shit imdb made up for the story line of jp4 who ever did that is a total asshole and should be shot!!! JK on the last part but seriously it is "One big pile of shit"
  • edited August 2011
    Elogotar wrote: »
    For the record, this is going to be more in response to the topic than any particular post in this thread.

I would say that JP4 is VERY likely to happen at this point. Spielberg has said it's gonna happen and Johnston is done with his current projects. Other than that, there's not much else that we can speculate on with any real certainty. All we can do is talk about our ideas and hope to God that someone in Hollywood takes notice of what the fans want and respect. That being said, I've seen a ton of great ideas in this thread for what JP4 would be about that have got me thinking about what makes sense for both the JP4 and JPtG. I don't think the bombing of Isla Nublar will make it into the movie, but it would be a logical and fantastic end point for JPtG. As a fan of the book as well, even though they never spelled it out, I had always assumed that either InGen or the Costa Rican government destroyed the island after the incident. For the movie though, a sequel makes more sense to me. I liked the idea of having it be about Wu and the production of both Site A and B. There could have been an incident even before the first movie that InGen swept under the table so they could continue trying to make their money back, regardless of possible safety issues. The question is, how'd it happen? I'd put money on it Dodgson and BioSyn would've been involved, but that's basically part of the plot of the game anyways. What I'd really like to see in the movie is Dodgson actually on one of those islands trying to get Dino DNA. Of course as the main bad guy, he'd have have to die a poetically brutal death at the end, but that's the whole reason we want him there. Besides that I'm not to sure what I'd want. Just keep the feel of the franchise right. Try to keep the dinosaurs scientifically believable (except whats already been established in canon) and keep them on the islands, with lots of running and screaming and characters that you want to make it but the half don't (I was disappointed how JP3 didn't kill anybody important).

i agree, i kinda like the idea of nublar being intact after the incident as opposed to the bombing but a scene on site B of dinosaurs rampaging the labs during hurricane clarissa with scientists packing for evacuation would be rather epic
  • edited August 2011
    yeah I'll bet my money on a prequel.
  • edited August 2011
    I just want the velociraptors to look like they did in The Lost World and not like they did in JP3.
  • edited August 2011
    Tropikerna wrote: »
    yeah I'll bet my money on a prequel.

Hammond as a kid? :p

by the way did anybody notice that the cast includes Ray Arnold? what did they take his arm with them?
  • edited August 2011
    Jurassic Park: Migration.

Wow, in my currently sleep deprived state, I read this as Jurassic Park: Megatron.

Megatron-toon.jpg

Yesssssssssss
  • edited August 2011
    Finally they are making Jp4 I have been waiting for this!
  • edited August 2011
    Wow, in my currently sleep deprived state, I read this as Jurassic Park: Megatron.

Megatron-toon.jpg

Yesssssssssss
    That just made my day :D I love beast wars. And I love that beast wars was influenced by Jurassic park for Dinobot. Best transformer character ever.
  • edited August 2011
    I remember Beast Wars best show ever! Great memories!!!
  • edited September 2011
    Anyway back to JP4 I really hope that the new dinosaurs are, but not limited too, Apatosaurus (since it has been in the dark of the movies for awhile and never really seen), Maiasaura/Edmontosaurus (same reason), Hypsilophodon (I just think it needs to be there since it's a Jurassic park dinosaur in the novels and honestly i never knew about this dinosaur before i had read them, it needs recognition), and Carnotaurus (or at least a more epic Ceratosaurus scene).
  • edited September 2011
    Anyway back to JP4 I really hope that the new dinosaurs are, but not limited too, Apatosaurus (since it has been in the dark of the movies for awhile and never really seen), Maiasaura/Edmontosaurus (same reason), Hypsilophodon (I just think it needs to be there since it's a Jurassic park dinosaur in the novels and honestly i never knew about this dinosaur before i had read them, it needs recognition), and Carnotaurus (or at least a more epic Ceratosaurus scene).

What about the Carcarodontasaurus from Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? That would be pretty epic to see as well.
  • edited September 2011
    Rynoxdog wrote: »
    What about the Carcarodontasaurus from Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? That would be pretty epic to see as well.
    Well I'm biased since i never got the chance to play genesis, but as soon as a sequel comes out I'm getting it. I'm all for new dinosaurs exclusive to the movies, but i want some dinos from the novel to be in the movies too. And these are the ones that deserve the most attention since they were in both novels, with the exception of carnotaurus who just needs to be in it because he's an awesome carnivore.
  • edited September 2011
    Well I'm biased since i never got the chance to play genesis, but as soon as a sequel comes out I'm getting it. I'm all for new dinosaurs exclusive to the movies, but i want some dinos from the novel to be in the movies too. And these are the ones that deserve the most attention since they were in both novels, with the exception of carnotaurus who just needs to be in it because he's an awesome carnivore.

Ya, Genesis was a really fun game I thought and I have been wanting Carnotaurus be in the games, movies, and novels. It will be awesome if they put that carnivore in the movie.
  • edited September 2011
    Rynoxdog wrote: »
    Ya, Genesis was a really fun game I thought and I have been wanting Carnotaurus be in the games, movies, and novels. It will be awesome if they put that carnivore in the movie.

Yeah and the carnotaurus should appear in the night when the people are in the middle of the park. It could sneak with its invisibilty on the prey
  • edited October 2011
    Empire Magazine did an interview with Spielberg about many subjects, and when asked about JP4, he said that the screenplay is being written and that he believes the story is better than JP3's story.

Source: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32315

He also takes credit for the nuking of the fridge in Crystal Skull.
  • edited October 2011
    Empire Magazine did an interview with Spielberg about many subjects, and when asked about JP4, he said that the screenplay is being written and that he believes the story is better than JP3's story.

Source: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32315

He also takes credit for the nuking of the fridge in Crystal Skull.
    Cool! Can't wait to see dinos again on the big screen!
  • edited November 2011
    Thinking about it. I'd love to see someone like BioSyn either taking over Nublar or a film where BioSyn has made the island a success. However an animal rights group sabotage the island not understanding that these animals are very dangerous or the system eventually fails.

It could either make a really interesting JP4 and 5 or a great Jurassic Park Season 2 concept. You could also add more dinosaurs and a 21st century update to the park. As well as a new story, thrills and action.
  • edited November 2011
    T002Tyrant wrote: »
    Thinking about it. I'd love to see someone like BioSyn either taking over Nublar or a film where BioSyn has made the island a success. However an animal rights group sabotage the island not understanding that these animals are very dangerous or the system eventually fails.

It could either make a really interesting JP4 and 5 or a great Jurassic Park Season 2 concept. You could also add more dinosaurs and a 21st century update to the park. As well as a new story, thrills and action.
    Wasn't Isla Nublar's facilities and animals destroyed by InGen? But if they did get ahold of some of the technology and amber/embryos from sorna, yes that could work and it's a very cool idea.
  • edited November 2011
    Wasn't Isla Nublar's facilities and animals destroyed by InGen? But if they did get ahold of some of the technology and amber/embryos from sorna, yes that could work and it's a very cool idea.

only in the book not the movie XD, i saw no jets when they flew off in that chopper so the typical viewer would not assume so.
  • edited November 2011
    However, Nublar might not have food sources for the herbivores that are rich in lysine. Without that, the dinosaurs on Nublar would've died eventually, ie. after remaining food sources have been eliminated.
  • edited November 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    only in the book not the movie XD, i saw no jets when they flew off in that chopper so the typical viewer would not assume so.
    I'm not referring to the book. There is a deleted scene in the Lost World where Ludlow is discussing that InGen disposed of Isla Nublar facilities both organic and inorganic.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm not referring to the book. There is a deleted scene in the Lost World where Ludlow is discussing that InGen disposed of Isla Nublar facilities both organic and inorganic.

true ive seen this as well... i assume this is why it was deleted... everything about it is fine.... i think speilberg didnt want to close any doors to a sequel on nublar but thats just me
  • edited November 2011
    If you may not know Clever movies has leaked Joe johnston talking about Jurassic Park 4 and Steve speilberg said he is ready to reboot the dinosaur's and the franchise. Now In my opinion I don't think Universal will be 100% on board with this. I think they would make a lot of money if Joe was not creating number 4. In my opinion Number 3 was the worst! Steven needs to step and say it's his movie and his time too shine once again. Clever movies also posted another interview and Joe said this movie is going to be nothing like the other one's and it will take off in another direction. Steven said The script was written not too long after JP3 was made, but the flick was never filmed. It took One year to make The Trex in JP 1 but with the new technology we could see JP 4 in 2013-2014. Il try to get more news and post a second discussion cheers! (If you want to the video yourself go to YouTube and type in..... Steven speilberg talk about Jurassic Park 4. :)
  • edited November 2011
    Your info is a tad outdated, unfortunately. At San Diego Comic-Con back in July, Speilberg confirmed that Jurassic Park 4 is in the process of being written, and that it is currently in the screenplay writing stages. He has also been quoted as saying that they have a better story for 4 than they did for 3.
  • edited November 2011
    true ive seen this as well... i assume this is why it was deleted... everything about it is fine.... i think speilberg didnt want to close any doors to a sequel on nublar but thats just me

Spielberg left the ending of the film more open than the novel to leave room for a sequel, but then Crichton penned a completely different direction for The Lost World which Spielberg then followed (albeit loosely) for the film version, leaving no real closure on the status of Isla Nublar in the film universe.
    This discrepency was compensated by Ludlow's speech in the deleted scene about the Nublar disposal, and I like to think that the intend of that scene shoud still be recognized despite being deleted, but I do go back and forth on it, too. For example, Isla Nublar and "two islands with dinosaurs on them" are mentioned a couple times in JP3, but a character never steps in to correct or clarify that Nublar was destroyed. On the other hand, nobody in either sequel ever mentions going to Nublar as a possibility for dinosaur research or capture or sight-seeing, either; only Sorna.
    I think you're right: they've been careful not to paint themselves into a corner one way or the other in order to leave it open for a future sequel or storyline.
  • edited November 2011
    Spielberg left the ending of the film more open than the novel to leave room for a sequel, but then Crichton penned a completely different direction for The Lost World which Spielberg then followed (albeit loosely) for the film version, leaving no real closure on the status of Isla Nublar in the film universe.
    This discrepency was compensated by Ludlow's speech in the deleted scene about the Nublar disposal, and I like to think that the intend of that scene shoud still be recognized despite being deleted, but I do go back and forth on it, too. For example, Isla Nublar and "two islands with dinosaurs on them" are mentioned a couple times in JP3, but a character never steps in to correct or clarify that Nublar was destroyed. On the other hand, nobody in either sequel ever mentions going to Nublar as a possibility for dinosaur research or capture or sight-seeing, either; only Sorna.
    I think you're right: they've been careful not to paint themselves into a corner one way or the other in order to leave it open for a future sequel or storyline.
    JP Legacy considers it canon. They even quoted in a podcast that Spielberg was sad to see the scene go. So one can assume that it's supposed to fit into the continuity especially since there has been no mention of Nublar since.
  • edited November 2011
    JP Legacy considers it canon. They even quoted in a podcast that Spielberg was sad to see the scene go. So one can assume that it's supposed to fit into the continuity especially since there has been no mention of Nublar since.

i dont know about you guys but i would love to see them go back to a destroyed isla nublar. perferrably to find dirt on biosyn and save InGen
  • edited November 2011
    If anyone fancies a little read, I wrote this piece about JP4 (and the franchise in general) for my blog a few months ago. :D
    http://adamwareing.blogspot.com/2011/08/jurassic-park-to-be-resurrected-for.html
  • edited November 2011

It's more likely they deleted it because it slowed the film down and a lot of it was needless exposition, but it's not really fair to consider a deleted scene canon. I'm sure they can write anything they want about Isla Nublar in the upcoming sequel.
  • edited November 2011
    A few days ago, director Joe Johnston, on the promotional campaign for his latest film Captain America, mentioned that he may be taking up the reins on the Jurassic Park franchise, and even hinted that his involvement may herald a new trilogy of dinosaur-themed movies.

“We are in discussions about Jurassic Park 4," Johnston told Screen Rant. “The most important thing I can tell you is that it starts a new trilogy that will go off in a different direction - a completely different direction that is very exciting, and different from anything we’ve seen.”

Over at the San Diego Comic-Con, meanwhile, Steven Spielberg’s been promoting his own forthcoming movie, which is, of course, Tintin. While on the discussion panel talking about that film, the topic of conversation turned to the JP franchise, and Spielberg has officially announced that Jurassic Park 4 is, indeed, on the way, and that it already has a writer attached. He further stated that they had a story in mind, and that the film will be with us in the next two or three years.

It’s little more than a news snippet for now, admittedly, but for our the inner child in us who loves nothing more than to watch big dinosaurs breaking things, we’re more than a little excited about this prospect.

site
    http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/989162/steven_spielberg_officially_announces_jurassic_park_4.html
  • edited November 2011
    I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I want to audition for JP4. Jurassic Park was always the movie that I wanted to be in when I was younger. It still kinda is. :rolleyes:
  • edited November 2011
    I think personally from all intentions it was just a good idea not to include any mention of the islands getting destroyed,if you really think about it in the end the dinosaurs are on an island their self-contained theres no way off the island except via human transportation means.

And the part about the first island getting destroyed by a hurricane sounds like rubbish if that happened it would also happen to the other island and were talking about one heck of a hurricane of bibilical proportions,bombardment and an army execution of the island seems excessive and uneeded in fact if memory serves correct Hammond mentioned a few times the Costa Rican goverment and army will do nothing.

Essentially leaving the islands alone leaves more open possibilities.

Lastly if a Jurassic park 4 is made please let Speilberg direct it and not the guy from the 3rd movie no offence the 3rd movie wasnt bad but it didnt have the hype and feel of the first 2 movies.
  • edited November 2011
    DiegoTengo wrote: »
    I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I want to audition for JP4. Jurassic Park was always the movie that I wanted to be in when I was younger. It still kinda is. :rolleyes:

Actually, you probably won't want to audition for JP4. There won't be much thrill in it. I can almost 100% guarantee that there won't be a single animatronic dinosaur on that production. Just a lot of green-screen.
  • edited November 2011
    I liked the basic premise of JP3. The problem was that they ignored paleontology in some places(ie. the Spinosaurus) and tried to acknowledge it badly in others(raptor quills). That and some contrived plot devices...and killing off the T-rex...and the fact that the movie was a good half hour shorter than the other two movies...

I personally do not want a JP4. Not unless they plan on going back to the beginning to actually ADAPT the novels. A fourth movie...poor Crichton's rolling in his grave.

NOVELS ARE NOT ADAPTED TO MOVIES. For you children that just can't possibly grasp the concept of scenes, filming, dialogue, transition, timing, and pace, you have to understand that full length novels cannot be, and never are, literally adapted to film. Not. Ever.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.