Jurassic Park The Game: Review thread - post your impressions here!

Comments

• edited December 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    funny, i have the game and i have replayed it like five times, i am exploring the dialouge especially at the boneshaker between jess and nima, it cracks me up like every time

oh when jess is starting to act like a bitch lol, when she says something like i am not going to push it you push it:)
  • edited December 2011
    THANK YOU so much for your work. It is very exciting to go back and relive all the feelings that i used to feel many years ago when watched jurrasic park for the very first time, and no words can express it. You did the great, magnificent work, you made a real JP sequel on a high quality level, you brought new features and yet fully saved the original atmosphere. I am not Crichton or Spielberg to say it, but as a jp-fan tottally can tell that you brought an equal part to the juassic park world. Its just EPIC.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been debating whether to post this here or not, since this is bound to be somewhat incendiary, but - I think Jurassic Park was the first real miss for Telltale from all the games I've played from the studio (I missed the early CSI game and Bone, so can't comment on them).

I wrote a blog post where I tried to address some of the problems in the game: Telltale’s Jurassic Park – Press Up, Up, Left, Down For A New Cutscene

Before you light your flamethrowers, a few words: I'm a thirtysomething gamer, I've been a gamer since the 80's and I have over a decade in game journalism - so far I've been a big fan of Telltale's episodic approach and games, and I've given the games pretty good reviews, but I genuinely think that this one should've had its game mechanics rethought.

Hands off the flamethrower trigger for a second more: this is the opinion of one dude, who doesn't offer it as an objective truth, just a viewpoint of someone who has quite a lot of mileage with games.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Very welcome, but belongs in the review thread nonetheless. ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Very welcome, but belongs in the review thread nonetheless. ;)

Damn, sorry - feel free to move the message if the board tools allow it, I can copy/paste it too if need be.
  • edited December 2011
    Fiarel wrote: »
    THANK YOU so much for your work. It is very exciting to go back and relive all the feelings that i used to feel many years ago when watched jurrasic park for the very first time, and no words can express it. You did the great, magnificent work, you made a real JP sequel on a high quality level, you brought new features and yet fully saved the original atmosphere. I am not Crichton or Spielberg to say it, but as a jp-fan tottally can tell that you brought an equal part to the juassic park world. Its just EPIC.
    hahahahaha...thanks for the laugh man !!! It is finals week coming up. I needed that
  • edited December 2011
    usnusa2003 wrote: »
    hahahahaha...thanks for the laugh man !!! It is finals week coming up. I needed that

RESPECT OPINIONS.

Seriously all you have done is been an ass to people who liked the game. Just like I have been to people who hated the game.
  • edited December 2011
    RESPECT OPINIONS.

I think I might need to get my glasses checked because I initially read that as RESPECT ONIONS. Anyway, this has nothing to do with this thread so carry on.
  • edited December 2011
    oh when jess is starting to act like a bitch lol, when she says something like i am not going to push it you push it:)

yeah that is the best ahahahha
  • edited December 2011
    Played up to episode 3 of the Xbox version and plan to start episode 4 tonight.

So far I like it, the story is nice and the gameplay is okay. The only thing I'm really disappointed about is the sound bugs in the game. It feels like they didn't really test it for long before releasing the final version.

I also encountered another bug when the characters where walking in the tunnel in episode 3, they moved very weirdly. Well at least it looked like a bug to me ...
  • edited December 2011
    Sinncrow wrote: »
    For your information, I play many great games like, oh idk, maybe Halo? Operation Genesis? Assassins Creed? Must I go on?

Not at all. Great games.
    The point is I gave the GAMEPLAY 8.5/10, not the puzzles. The puzzles were about a 6.5/10; it's clear you are a moron who does not take the time to read any thing of what I had to say, and you come from a biased point of view of "it's not a shooter, so it sucks".

I don't like shooters. I haven't played a shooter since Wolfenstein3D. I think they're stupid & boring. Awesome deduction you've made there buddy.

I just honestly can't understand how you can give it 8.5 (call it whatever you want, gameplay then, fine, there isn't any). And 6.5 for puzzles? Ok... but I'm thinking 0.

For me it feels more like an educational title for 3 year-olds. Press the button the screen tells you to press. If you like that kind of thing, cool, but I find it a lot more pleasant to go on youtube to watch this "game" and then go play an actual game. Like Halo. Or Assasin's Creed. Or anything made by Telltale before this. There are budget titles available in your local store's bargain bin that have hundreds of times the involvement and gameplay offered by this total disaster.

The graphics are fine, sound is cool, I like the story, I love the world they've created. Just imagine how good it would be if they ever made a game out of it.
    Do everyone a favor, and stop trolling, or AT LEAST have more back up to ur opinion than "ur an idiot"

I'm not trolling and I certainly don't remember calling anybody an idiot. I also didn't call anyone a moron or make ridiculous emotionally-fueled false accusations about someone based on absolutely no information. That's all your doing friend.
  • edited December 2011
    It's odd that anyone who doesn't agree with the majority opinion is instantly labeled a "troll." If you enjoyed the game, great. In my opinion, it was terrible.

There was nearly no game play which is ironic for something labeled The Game. This "game" feels like is was intended to be released as an animated movie, but had random button "interactions" thrown in. I wouldn't recommend this product.

:cool:
  • edited December 2011
    Holy sweet mother of raptor jesus, I just got my Deluxe Edition Package.

Should I take some unboxing pictures?
  • edited December 2011
    I just got my Deluxe Edition Package.

Same here.

Not sure if I should keep it or resell it. These Extras are probably the only good thing about the game...
  • edited December 2011
    I got this game on sale and I feel so ripped off. I've never been disappointed by a telltale game before, at least not in any way that matters. I bought this game blind because I felt a Telltale game about Jurassic Park couldn't possibly miss. Holy shit was I wrong.

First of all, I find it really strange and off-putting that (so far) I'm stuck playing as these nobody made-up characters in a sidestory of the first movie. They're pretty terrible characters in their own rights, especially the security guard father who completely rips off Jeff Goldblum's character arc in the second film (being a divorced father who's trying to reconnect with his daughter amid dino danger) but isn't nearly as interesting or charming as Ian Malcolm was in either film.

I just about gave up hope that this story would get interesting when I saw the helicopter fly off in the background, you know, the one with all the main characters on it. What is this? Seriously! This is like if the Back to the Future game starred Marty's classmates that we've never seen before, and neither Marty nor Doc Brown were in it. Was it a copyright issue? I know the main appeal of Jurassic Park is the dinosaurs, but I was kind of expecting to see at least one of the characters from the films. So far all I've seen is Nedry's corpse.

I don't care at all about the stereotypical south american badass woman or the little girl and especially not Mr. Not-Goldblum. It's hard to tell if the writing is truly bad or if I'm just annoyed by these lackluster un-engaging characters. I keep thinking about how incredibly stupid the security guard is for not having realized the entire island's security is offline yet after he sees a T-rex fight a triceratops in the middle of the road.

But my main complaint is the gameplay. I was instantly disappointed with the QTE based gameplay as soon as the game started. When I heard JP was going to be more action oriented when it was originally announced, I thought it'd mean we'd get a traditional point and click game with several action mini-games. Things like the car chase in that first Sam and Max episode of season 1. Instead I get neither classic point and click mechanics or any action gameplay. I don't feel like I have any input at all in this game. During the so called action sequences, I'm just watching a pre-rendered cutscene that can end at any moment if I don't mash a directional key fast enough. I don't control anything other than a pass-fail. This game is almost entirely cutscene after cutscene, and making me hit arrows to make sure the cutscene doesn't end and restart doesn't make it gameplay.

This game is supposed to be cinematic? Please. Those scenes have more advanced graphic rendering than the average telltale game, but by no means is it anywhere near as good-looking as a real movie would be, CGI cartoon or live-action. And even if the game really did look as good as it thinks it does, all the button prompts I have to focus on make it difficult for me to really enjoy any of the action going on or appreciate any of the visuals.

But my annoyance with the horrible gameplay goes even further than cutscene after cutscene chained together with boring button-mashing. The investigation sequences are even more awful. I can't make my character wander around or really interact with the environment. All I can do is choose which of 4 camera angles to look at a particular environment from, and then I have to move the camera (not the character, heaven forbid) around until some stupid icons flash. Then I have to interact with each icon one after the other until I find one that makes the story of the scene progress. Again, I understand this stupid garbage is meant to make the game progress in a more linear cinematic way than a monkey island, actually fun, classic telltale point and click would, but all it does is turn what should be a GAME into a movie that I have to keep mashing buttons to keep watching.

The loss of freedom simply isn't worth whatever dubious benefit this tightly controlled narrative is supposed to give. If someone was injured in a good telltale game, I would look around the area for things I need to heal her, and I'd get to examine various things in the area. I could also probably talk to an NPC about various things, and some of his statements would give me hints to what I need to be looking for or where I should look. In this game I get stuck in a dumb pre-set camera angle where I have to click on the only two interactable items in the shot and then I have to press a series of buttons to make what should be automatic actions occur, and then I have to match some moving circles together. It's not rewarding. I don't feel like I solved a puzzle: I feel like I've slapped the side of my VCR a few times to keep the movie going.

I can understand the appeal of QTE-based gameplay for people who don't feel they can create a fun action-packed game: it lets you script and render complicated action sequences without making them part of gameplay, without having to test the thousands of variables that can go wrong with something like a complicated combo-based brawler or expansive platformer, and making them a QTE instead of simply a cutscene keeps the player engaged instead of just sitting there watching. But it simply doesn't work. It's a lazy shortcut that ignores the strengths of a video game and turns them into movies that you can fail at watching. If you can't put real action in your games, then don't put action in your games at all. Stick to what you're good at, instead of trying and failing to be a movie. Movies will always be better at being movies than games.

Lastly, I don't think it's a coincidence that this game is sold as one giant game instead of being doled out in episodes like so many of telltale's other offerings. They knew this game was bad and that chapter 1 wouldn't be good enough to get anyone to buy the rest. That's some sleazy marketing tactics. Well, it worked, Telltale. You got my money. But I'll never blind buy a Telltale product again. I'll never get excited for something you make before I see the gameplay in action. I'll never assume it's good news that you got your hands on a property I like. With this soulless, boring, badly-written, overhyped and non-interactive offering, you've lost my trust. I won't claim I'll never buy a game you make again, because I'll buy any game if it looks fun, but you've lost my loyalty as a customer.
  • edited December 2011
    Time to add my opinion to the pile because I really feel like this game has gotten an unfair shake for the most part.

Let me start off by saying that as a gamer I have somewhat different standards than most people. To me IT'S ALL ABOUT GAMEPLAY, if a game has an engaging plot, if it hooks me narratively or via an intriguing mechanic, it could be Crysis or it could be Return to Zork. I'll play both happily and get as much enjoyment out of a game with high end graphics as the game with...well, no graphics. That being said unlike most companies who invest primarily in making games shiny rather than gripping, (in my opinion) Telltale has never ever disappointed me in the story department, and they've kept to their usual high standard with JP.

Now I will admit to being a pretty big Jurassic Park fan, but not since Halflife II has a game kept me on the edge of my seat so much.

I found myself yelling at the characters that they must go faster, kicking myself for not executing a QTE properly dying to the raptors in the tunnels 20 times, and enjoying every second of it. The game brought me into the atmosphere of the movie perfectly.

Like everyone else I encountered a few bugs, the mouse pointer disappeared during an exploration scene and I had to restart that scene, when I did the pointer came back. The game was also a bit laggy at first, but I disabled the Afterefects and everything ran smoothly from then on. Sure the game is marginally less spectacular without them, but honestly I'm usually too busy dodging dinos to notice. After I ironed out these relatively minor issues, the game gave me nothing but smooth sailing.

Graphically Telltale has done really amazing work with fairly limited tools. Jurassic Park may not hold a candle to the new Elder Scrolls for example, but it certainly did not have that games MASSIVE Budget (I've heard estimates as high as $100 Million)

and there are good points to being austere with a games graphics as well. I can play JP on my tricked out gaming computer and then hop over to my 2006 Macbook pro laptop and keep right on going. In this way Telltale, like many MMO publishers has ensured itself a broad market. You don't need a machine forged from a 2001 Space Odyssey Monolith by the Dwarves of Middle Earth, to run this game and that's just fine by me.

As mentioned by others, a lot of people are trying to define this game as an adventure game in Telltales usual style. This is a mistake, but it's also a mistake to assume that this is something new.

What we have here is a revival of a genre that had it's heyday in the mid 90's. The interactive movie.

(7th Guest, Phantasmagoria, Star Wars: Rebel Assault II, Star Trek: Borg..etc etc)

I loved all of these games and adored the interactive movie concept, anyone whose ever read a chose your own adventure book knows where I'm coming from. To this end Telltale has executed its purpose flawlessly. I felt like I was watching an exciting new chapter in the Jurassic Park saga, but this time it was up to me how things turned out, and if I wasn't on my toes nearly every second things could turn out badly indeed.

I know not everyone is a fan of this, and to many people it seems monotonous, I don't really know what to say to those people except that I'm sorry you didn't realize what you were getting.

My only major complaint is, like so many others I WANT MORE. I played through all four episodes in a few hours and am likely to replay them again to see if I can get gold medal ratings on everything/ explore the dialogue trees

(unfortunate not cool sentient alien plant things)

But I'm used to TellTale giving us games in batches of 5 and felt a little gipped to get just four. Here is one gamer hoping for a sequel, and one gamer whose going to be coming back to TTG to pick up more titles as they come.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Sorry that these last two reviews appear a little later than they were originally posted. Seems like the automoderation on this forum is really picky when it comes to the combination new members + long posts. Got to teach that one some manners. ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Valsodar wrote: »
    ....I don't really know what to say to those people except that I'm sorry you didn't realize what you were getting.

This is such a lazy defense for Telltale. It's been clear from the beginning what type of game we were getting. It was advertised as a plot driven, "choose you own adventure" QTE type gameplay, and so that's what fans expected.

The overwhelming dissapointment is coming from the execution of these elements, not the elements themselves. The writing and characterization is lackluster, the story adventure linear, puzzles non-existant, and the QTE gameplay is distracting and unresponsive. Fans knew what to expect, the problem is that Telltale didn't deliver.
  • edited December 2011
    I am quite disappointed with the frame rate lagging problem on ps3 version, and i am very sad that Telltale did not do any things to fix it so far... i felt been cheated by Telltale.
  • edited December 2011
    jpark_08 wrote: »
    The writing and characterization is lackluster, the story adventure linear, puzzles non-existant, and the QTE gameplay is distracting and unresponsive. Fans knew what to expect, the problem is that Telltale didn't deliver.

THe writing and characterization is the game's strongest point, imo.

And plenty of fans think Telltale delivered.
  • edited December 2011
    MrSeyker wrote: »
    THe writing and characterization is the game's strongest point, imo.

And plenty of fans think Telltale delivered.

While I agree the writing is the games strongest point, it's still not particularly well done and far below the standards Telltale have set in the past. I could go into deep detail, but I believe the point has already been made several times.

It's clear Telltale sunk alot of love into this game, and I'm glad some fans enjoyed it, but they are definitely in the minority. For most, the cutesy film references aren't enough to carry the experience.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree that the characters and story are actually the best parts. It's not easy getting that right so it's even more of a shame that it's ruined by the most tedious gameplay experience I can remember.

You have to wonder though... they made this quite good looking world and everything, you could do so much with it. Were Telltale tied to a tree by the Jurassic Park rights owners? It's possible. I can't imagine Telltale willingly making something that "plays" like this. You could create such an awesome action/adventure game with this world. It's a real waste.
  • edited December 2011
    Finally I got to play this game. It probably doesnt matter anymore, but heres my impression:

I was very pleased with the writing, story was compelling and the characters believable and it really was Jurassic Park. There were very intense and well made moments and the parts I thought would be too silly (like the bone shaker) werent that bad in the moment of playing, even though I still would have liked it a bit different afterwards.

The graphics were decent, of course they could have been better (and maybe should have been) but I guess its simply not possible within the given budget and stuff.

There were sound and graphic glitches, some of them really annoying and able to destroy the moment when the player cannot look past them (repeating dialogue in the otherwise very beautiful second scene on the lookout, rough music transitions, unhearable speaking voice etc) , but nothing serious like crashes or something.

The gameplay is like everyone says. Not really entertaining and sometimes even distracting and anti-immersive. I remember the scene where you have to sneak up to the T-Rex, I wanted to look at what happens on screen, how cool it looks to have the Rex in the background and yourself sneaking up, or the other scenes where the dinosaur gets closer and closer. But I was forced to look at the prompts to see what and when to push, wich I'm not interested in at all. It forces me to focus on things I'm not interested in and pulls me out of the moment. Something easier and more intuitive like having to move the right stick slowly left and right would be much more appropriate. But generally I think this whole QTE concept does that (pulling you out of the immersion) when you have too much and unlogic prompts, less and more forgiving would be better.

Otherwise I would have liked more moments of awe and wonder and more use of the main music theme of the movie. But in the end I definetly enjoyed the game and as a JP-Fan I'm very pleased. You just have to tackle it with the right mindset. This game is at least better than the two movie sequels together.
  • edited December 2011
    jurassic park game is very good game but its cost is toomuch for me(indian) could you give consession for India
    thanks
    The release date for the game is finally here and I'm sure everyone will be dieing to voice their opinions on the game as well as post reviews from other websites. Instead of having thousands of post with different reviews, I figured it would be easier to have one thread dedicated to Jurassic Park reviews.

I haven't been able to play it yet but I will be posting seperate reviews for each episode here as I finish them.

So if anyone wants to share their opinon after finally getting to play the game, or want to share links to reviews of the game from other website here's a great thread to do it.

And, of course, try to use those Spoiler tabs when needed!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I will start this off that I discovered Telltale games with the "Monkey Island" title and loved it. I then moved on to the latest "Sam & Max" and then "Back to the Future" and enjoyed them both. I love that style of adventure game I did not think existed anymore.

I cannot say how disappointed I am so far with Jurassic Park. The story itself is just fine and well done in parts. But I just did not feel like I was playing a game very often. Pushing directional arrows to me is a little on the boring side. I was hoping for more of the "Monkey Island", "Sam & Max" gameplay and perhaps I just did not read closely enough regarding this games description.

I'm I believe half way through the game and it's a struggle to push myself to make it to the end.
  • edited December 2011
    It's working for me. During the Dilophosaurus attack, I just nearly woke up the house screaming. You have to kind of lose yourself in it, but if you let it take you, it'a an intense experience.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not against the people who found something to like in this game. Let them enjoy their Simon Sez with dinosaurs. Saying that is actually pretty optimistic since Simon Sez can be a fun game when your 8-year-old cousin is stuck with you for one night and you gotta find ways to entertain him.

But I'm pretty sad to let go of my hopes relied on a game company which proved itself to be distinct and not afraid to battle against the restraining forces of today's gaming market; telling people WHAT TO LIKE and WHAT NOT TO LIKE, by simply making games that are technically inferior and plot-wise unceremonial; proving such games can STILL be creative and entertaining. But then they had to do this; leaning on the shoulder of classics, feeding people what they were fed years ago by wrapping it in the worst type of fabric paper to be found. First by Back to the Future, now this. I'm sorry Telltale, as I'm no longer a fan who's willing to buy more from you, support you and hopelessly try to get you known in a dire, bland place such as Turkey, so that perhaps I can show people here there are games that offer so much more than what they simply want to see from them.

I see where you all come from with the argument of "I'm not a gamer anyway, I like it because it's nostalgia". If that's how Telltale's going to be, a low time business whose purpose of existence conflicts in itself -by making games for non-gamer folks who are aware of what they're playing is not a game-, then I have nothing to see from you. Telltale once had the charm, power and creativity enough to turn non-gamers into actual gamers. They had their own stories and their own tactics to lure in curious, clueless people, and they did not need to rub cultural references on your faces in order to do so.

Actually, this one is to all you folks; being a gamer is not a talent, nor it is something that requires effort to achieve. It's a form of entertainment and it has its much more sophisticated, intense side that you don't actually have to delve into in order to call yourselves a gamer. It's the same with cinema, you don't have to watch as many movies as you can to enjoy one. But I digress, we all have our guilty pleasures and every now and then we all need to see something that is FAMILIAR as opposed to new and fresh. I'm only bitching because I wouldn't like seeing that liking Telltale has become a "guilt".

Oh well. My opinion on the GAME, on the other hand, is it's forgetable, incompetent, bland, far from charming, unsatisfactory and a chore to play.
  • edited January 2012
    Another disappointed player. But I already noticed TTG sliding down, otherwise I would have been more active here, purchasing here instead of sales on Steam.

The story is good. But it needs a decent packaging. I liked Fahrenheit (besides the ending), so it's not like I dislike the QTE-style. But the execution is just so sloppy.

Main menu when escaping selecting camera's? Got me swearing every time. Having that at all (camera's) instead of free movement. How hard it is to select something clickable with your mouse, you first have to center it, combo's that are impossible to get since they appear slower than you can click them? That's just bad. Also the prompts could appear anywhere on the screen. Would be better if they have a fixed spot (and bigger) so you don't just fail/die because you didn't notice the prompt till too late. And the bugs.

Not to mention the sound. Many mentioned it for Sam & Max, MI and BTTF and aside from one BTTF episode I never noticed, but here it was popping, buzzing, sudden increases or decreases in sound that occassionally made conversation a pain to follow.

:(
  • edited January 2012
    Enjoyed the game but the PS3 version needs fixing. Massive amounts of slow down.
    Will TTG fix it?
  • edited January 2012
    First off, stop calling this a game! It's a storybook for toddlers pressing random buttons. It's horrible.
  • edited January 2012
    I understand you have your own opinions. I thought the game was great and I dont know what you guys are talking about when you say the PS3 version has slowdowns, I have the PS3 version and I NEVER had had any problems :). maybe its just my game ;)
  • edited January 2012
    I understand you have your own opinions. I thought the game was great and I dont know what you guys are talking about when you say the PS3 version has slowdowns, I have the PS3 version and I NEVER had had any problems :). maybe its just my game ;)

The game isn't great, i enjoy it but just look at the reviews.
    And you are VERY lucky if you have no framerate issues on PS3.
  • edited January 2012
    Okay, I finally got to finishing episode 1 on my iPad. Even though I own the complete series on PC the difference in eye candy does not justify the difference in easy of playing. Well, here are my two cents.

I think the voice acting and cinematography are very good. If you look at this game as an interactive movie it is enjoyable. The jeep ride of the Harding duo picked up the pace and I very much liked the scenes from there on forward. Another good thing are the shaders and textures, especially for the dinosaurs. All the set pieces and environments are excellent. I like the fact that there is a scene after the credits.

So, everything is fine, right? Well, I do have some criticism. The iOS version has several performance issues. The textures can be quite low resolution (the jeep) which is a shame, but fortunately most of the texture budget is put into the characters. What does annoy me are the hiccups (2 second freeze) and the frame rate dips into single digit territory (the intro with credits). This happens even when there are no other programs active. It may not be a honest comparison but Unreal Engine (Epic Citadel) manages to pump out a very high quality image smooth as silk with any application load so we know it is not the hardware.

I think most of the game play issues have been discussed to death so I'll give that one a pass. But will I buy episode 2 and onward? Probably not. A couple of reasons;

- No updates yet for episode 1. I expected performance updates since I can't be the only one (on a fixed hardware platform).
    - It is a very competent interactive experience but has almost zero replay value. At this price point (5.49 euro per episode) I expect 'something more' although I know it a reasonable price. Something like 2.99 seems more fair from an 'consumer shopping in the app store' perspective.
    - The audio quality seems lower than the PC version. This applies to the speech, the music is excellent.
    - <pure nerd mode>There is no excuse for having no projected textures in the engine on the iPad</>

I love adventure, iPads, Jurassic Park (the first book is awesome) and TellTale. But it is kind of hard to love this product. Too late, too shallow and too pricey is what comes to mind. Yet I don't regret the experience, it was a fun experiment.
  • edited January 2012
    I enjoyed it, not as a game but as a (somewhat) interactive experience... I love watching a good movie, and I admit I've always liked QTE stuff, all the way back to when I first played Dragons Lair (still love that game).

Though I perfectly well understand why so many people here dislike it... I'm a huge fan of adventure games myself, and if I'd even half expected this game to be that, I'd be disappointed too.

Though I should say that my main gripe with past Telltale games have been the often ridiculously easy puzzles, I've often found myself thinking they might as well not even be there when they're that easy... so in that way, I don't mind the lack of puzzles in JP that much, knowing that they'd probably be dead easy anyway.

So yeah... I did enjoy this game, actually I enjoyed it very much! I found it an awesome ride from start to finish, I only wish it was longer... other than the bugs (that seem to be fixed by now? I tried it a bit when it was new and had plenty of bugs but this time when I sat down to play it properly, I didn't encounter any), I think Telltale did an amazing job with JP!
  • edited February 2012
    I finally got it on Xbox just last week and I quite liked it, but it had a few problems. I felt that the quick-time events were ok, but unneccessary with the lookaround and click on stuff gameplay.. If it was a point and click game, then quick-time for the action scenes, then it would be more better in that style.:confused:

The graphics were sometimes unpolished, but the majority of them were the best I saw from Telltale. Well done there.:D

The story made more sense if you watched the first movie. A nice companion to the amazing film.:)

The atmosphere, just, awesome!:D

The controls are simple, but I noticed a delay on analogue moves.

The music is ok, but it repeats throughout the game. This was a gripe I had in BTTF. :(

The voice acting is pretty good. Nothing to report here.:)

In all, the game is a stepdown in gameplay, but the game is a great companion to the first movie. Give it a try. :D
  • edited February 2012
    that game was awesome ... not a real "game" but i loved it !
  • edited February 2012
    Using the pc game and even though I PURCHASED it, it will not allow me to unlock any scenes past jungle hack in episode 1 on the top line (which I have already beaten).
  • edited February 2012
    I bought the pre-order the disk for the UK launch and it arrived on-time yesterday, I've literally now finished the whole game.

I'm a MASSIVE die-hard fan of Jurassic Park and the storyline is just fantastic. I always wanted to know what happened to that shaving cream can and TellTale worked out an excellent story.

I LOVED the Troodon's. A fantastic addition to the series and brought a real creepy factor, especially in episode one and the Dilophosaur paddock scene.

The only thing I didn't like was the split second timing on the controls as sometimes it would change from saying press ^ to press > which would mean you end up extinct but that is my only issue.

Fantastic game and to sum it up thee best Jurassic Park game ever made.
  • edited February 2012
    Jurssic park downloade..... Buttt

username
    password

helllppppppppp meee 911 :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.