Season One Case File! a progress update

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited August 2007 in Sam & Max
As more and more of the Case File rolls in, we're starting to get quite the collection of stuff. Here's a quick peek at a few of the items (the Alien Love Triangle Times front page, the Moon postcard, the case file envelope itself, and a printed mockup of the bear magnet).

casefile1.jpg

The Case File will exist as a fully formed entity starting at our booth at Comic-Con next week (where we'll be manically assembling them in our hotel rooms and in the back of the booth when nobody's looking), after which point it'll also make its way to our shipping warehouse, and finally to your home, and, hopefully, your heart.

As more stuff filters in I'll try and post some more pics in this thread.

Comments

• edited July 2007
    Cooooooooooooool! :D
  • edited July 2007
    Wow. I imagine it's almost like the early LucasArts days when their employees helped out as well, with packaging Monkey Island.

--Erwin
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Erwin wrote: »
    Wow. I imagine it's almost like the early LucasArts days when their employees helped out as well, with packaging Monkey Island.

This analogy has already been drawn by Dave Grossman, who helped with packaging Monkey Island. :D
  • edited July 2007
    Did you actually try to fit a fully packed case file in the DVD-case? I'm a little worried that all the stuff might make the envelope too thick...

EDIT: By the way, it's looking sweeeeeeet...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    It fits, but barely :) Theres a decent amount of space in there actually; the CD itself isn't very thick.
  • MelMel
    edited July 2007
    But if you put the magnet on the fridge (where it belongs), it might fit even better. :)
  • edited July 2007
    Oooooooo... wait, is that actual newsprint paper you guys used for the Alien Love Triangle Times front page?
  • edited July 2007
    Why would you hide away all that stuff in the dvd case?

Put the magnet, Alien love triangle, and postcard on the fridge. Put the button on some article of clothing (hopefully it's one of those 1" buttons) and I'm really lost on the glasses...
  • edited July 2007
    I'm pretty impressed by the bottom of the newspaper mock-up. Are they made to look torn like that, or did you actually rip that particular copy for some reason? It looks like it was made to look like how actual newspaper paper looks when it's ripped, how it can kinda fray off in layers.
  • edited July 2007
    We hand-tore them all. Seriously. And yeah, it's actual newsprint.
  • edited July 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a "dedication to quality."
    So you can make the claim that "no two are exactly alike"? "Each one a unique collector's item!"
  • MelMel
    edited July 2007
    Do the big kahunas (Dan and Kevin) have to stuff or tear or did they get out of that duty by virtue of their big kahunaness?
  • edited July 2007
    I can't wait to put my Case File next to my "Hit the Road" box.

By the way, can I blame you all if my "Hit the Road" floppies go bad because of an evil bear magnet?
  • edited July 2007
    tabacco wrote: »

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!

I can only hope that in Season 2, one of the Bosco Tech weapons is a Yo-Yo and you guys actually front the money up to make a Season 2 Case File replica of said weapon!:D The attention to detail and dedication to authentisity rivals only your ability to give your customers more than what they expected for what they paid for!
  • edited July 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    The attention to detail and dedication to authentisity rivals only your ability to give your customers more than what they expected for what they paid for!

I just hope they don't put that level of authenticity into the BoscoTech virulent disease... ;)
    edited July 2007
    It's absolutely true that no two will be exactly alike. :D

So far Dan and Kevin have managed to look like they're very busy with important busines whenever we try to recruit them to stuff case files.* :p But Steve has expressed an interest in coming by to help!

The Alien Love Triangle Times is my favorite thing so far. (Then again, it's also the most recent. Before it was done, the envelopes with their official case file stamps were my favorite, and before that, the postcards...) They were printed on real newsprint by a local press, and Jake came up with the genius idea to print them two to a page (end to end) so that when you rip the page in half, you end up with two Alien Love Triangle Times front pages. I thought it would be hard to rip them well but it really isn't (it's just messy because your hands get covered with newsprint...)

When all's said and done, we'll do an expose on the making of the case file for the blog.

*On the other hand, Dan and Kevin sign the checks and therefore paid for the manufacturing of the case files, so they've already done their part...
  • edited July 2007
    Each case file unique. Does that mean that someone might get a rare collector's edition with blood caused by paper cuts? Or is that too violent?

Seriously though. Hope none of my get any papercuts. Those are darn annoying.

And glad we're past the day of monkey island with the stuffing. Never got the original one (well at the time I was still playing around on my C128), but a magnet into a box with floppies is just asking for trouble.

Just hope that the hard edge a magnet represents won't potentially break the disc during transport from being pressed too closely against it.
  • edited July 2007
    Can we have an idea of what new Sam & Max merch is coming out?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    It's some stuff people have been asking for, and some stuff people probably won't expect.

... how's that for an idea?

probably not so good, really. sorry :( more info coming soon!
  • edited July 2007
    So... action figures and halloween costumes?
  • edited July 2007
    oh oh i know! I know! but I wont ruin the surprise! eeek! Im so excited!
  • edited July 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    So... action figures?

don't get me excited :eek:
  • edited July 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    But Steve has expressed an interest in coming by to help!

I SENSE RANDOM AUTOGRAPHED CASE FILES!!
    xChri5x wrote: »
    So... action figures and halloween costumes?

And a Max plush doll? *gets his debit card "at the ready"*
  • edited July 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    I SENSE RANDOM AUTOGRAPHED CASE FILES!!

Actually I thought of this quite a while now... since he seems to be coming by the office from time to time, I assumed him randomly signing some of the DVD-covers and soundtracks... just to make some random people (like ME) happy.
  • edited July 2007
    How about DNA samples?
  • edited July 2007
    Well, since they are hand-packing them, I'm sure we can get some kind of residue from at least the envelope.:p
  • edited July 2007
    Good thing my minions recently finished the secret cloning laboratory. :I
  • edited July 2007
    Evil is a foot!

tickshotinface.jpg
  • edited July 2007
    I love tic ! and freakazoid and dave the barbarian muhahaha lol. Bejabbers!
  • edited July 2007
    Oh man, don't get me all excited man! signed stuff would be far far too awesome. Mmmm residue... lol
  • edited July 2007
    I second the Max plush doll ! It will replace the domo-kun pending on my car rear mirror :D
  • edited July 2007
    steve told me he wanted telltale to make mugs and a mini hard model deSoto with S&M in or on it. Course thats NOT what will be in the store lol. Just saying its a wish. I actually hope to see tons of max for pres stuff. It would sell like hotcakes
  • edited July 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    I actually hope to see tons of max for pres stuff. It would sell like hotcakes
    I'm just waiting on the day some news station or paper reports the website as part of some kind of political humor report during the upcoming election similar to that whole "everyone and their dog is running for Gov. of Cali" thing.
  • edited July 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    hard model deSoto with S&M in or on it

Best thing they could ever put out...

Please Telltale!
  • edited July 2007
    Can I request that my case file contains something that gave a paper cut to someone at Telltale?
  • edited July 2007
    Is the BoscoTech virulent disease a real tissue with snot in it, or is it fake. (I want it to be fake)
  • edited July 2007
    Is the BoscoTech virulent disease a real tissue with snot in it, or is it fake. (I want it to be fake)
    It is fake.
    edited July 2007
    It is fake.

That's what you think... :p
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    In fact i was injected with a deadly virulent disease just so i could produce enough mucus for 2000 case files. It was a long weekend...
  • edited July 2007
    NickTTG wrote: »
    In fact i was injected with a deadly virulent disease just so i could produce enough mucus for 2000 case files. It was a long weekend...

So Telltale isn't above torturing their interns as well, huh?

Well, Nick, look on the bright side, at least you are not interning for X-Play where you would be forced to cosplay as Drunk Link or some rediculous DDR all star or a male version of a female Final Fantasy character.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.