Season One Case File! a progress update

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Hey Emily, since they are in your car you could just drive by each of our places and drop them off, right? You can make it to MT easily in 2-3 days, so I will be waiting patiently for your arrival on Monday.
  • edited August 2007
    So will I! :D
  • edited August 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    I don't care, trunk heat/smells would just make them more unique. :) The longer they stay in a car trunk, the more Sam & Max authentic they are. :p

It would only be truly Sam & Max Authentic if it was the trunk of a Desoto.
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    ...which means they will start shipping out to customers sometime next week (i.e. after August 5)...

It's after August 5th. Where's my case file? :P
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    dg10050 wrote: »
    It's after August 5th. Where's my case file? :P

hrm
  • edited August 2007
    Hehe, I believe I'm quite spoiled by Newegg's super-fast shipping (Products tend to ship the day they're ordered). :P
    Can't you guys be more like Newegg? After all, I payed you a whole $5 for this case file, plus that $0 for the Bonus Disk. Don't you guys care about your customers?
    edited August 2007
    We do care about our customers. That's why we're packing every case file by hand.
  • edited August 2007
    I think you should hire some more cheap labor (AKA interns). :)
    I volunteer.
  • edited August 2007
    dg10050 wrote: »
    I think you should hire some more cheap labor (AKA interns). :)
    I volunteer.

Nick's been packing them. Hell, he even got his kin to help!
  • edited August 2007
    There's no shortage of cheap labor around the old TTG office, believe me. I was almost afraid to park there, you know.

--Erwin
    edited August 2007
    Those days are over!! We're in sweet new digs. Pictures coming soon.

Tomorrow actually.
  • edited August 2007
    I guess you weren't exactly in the best part of town, huh? Don't worry, it happens to all start-up companies. And now you have a new office.
    edited August 2007
    We worked in a very near approximation of Sam & Max's office. Or at least as near as you can find in the industrial/auto repair laden outskirts of San Rafael.
  • edited August 2007
    And the office of Sam & Max was actually modelled after your own telltale HQ? Complete with tire marks on the wall?
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    Erwin wrote: »
    There's no shortage of cheap labor around the old TTG office, believe me. I was almost afraid to park there, you know.

--Erwin

They might have used the napkins for their lunch instead of putting them in the case files (there was a Taquiera in the same strip mall that overflowed at lunch time). :D
  • edited August 2007
    does the new place have a tram cart that leads to your own restaurant?
  • edited August 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    does the new place have a tram cart that leads to your own restaurant?

It looks a little more gator golf than ball of twine, I'd say:

Attachment not found.

(Apologies for cell phone camera photo)
  • edited August 2007
    Nice! Greenery and what looks like a lake. very serene. Are those shimmering, ghost-like things billboards? Very creative form of advertising.
  • edited August 2007
    Looks like that 6 million is being put to good use..
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »

Attachment not found.

If you look closely you can see me hiding behind that blade of grass...
    no, not that one - the one to the left of that...
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »

Attachment not found.

That view is almost as good as the ones they had on Skywalker Ranch, Doug! :D

And Emily can finally get rid of that steering wheel lock she keeps in her car (probably to hit assaulters on the head, 'cause I didn't see it on her wheel).

--Erwin
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    I love the view!
  • edited August 2007
    Rasher wrote: »
    Nice! Greenery and what looks like a lake. very serene. Are those shimmering, ghost-like things billboards? Very creative form of advertising.

Or maybe he just took the photo through a glass window and those "shimmering, ghost-like things" are reflections. :P
    Unless, you're being sarcastic, of course.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    And Emily can finally get rid of that steering wheel lock she keeps in her car (probably to hit assaulters on the head, 'cause I didn't see it on her wheel).

Oh, I don't actually use that thing. I just keep it because it reminds me of when I was in college. It's like a security blanket for cars.

In college I got to sleep in. And I definitely didn't spend my nights hand-stuffing case files. :p
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Oh, I don't actually use that thing. I just keep it because it reminds me of when I was in college. It's like a security blanket for cars.

Uhuh... I find it difficult to part with my collection of empty candybar wrappings and coke cans too, so I know exactly what you mean! :D

--Erwin
  • edited August 2007
    Very nice. Good view, even if the lake looks a bit like it's considering doing swamp as timeshare. Well you need swamp for gators.

Just beware of whatever comes out of the lake where you're at. Nothing worse than having swamp thing steal your car for a joyride. He'd probably drive back into the swamp, or at least leave the seats all dirty.
  • edited August 2007
    That's actually san francisco bay, so it's tidal, which is why there's a bit of mud in that photo :)
  • edited August 2007
    Uhuh... I find it difficult to part with my collection of empty candybar wrappings and coke cans too, so I know exactly what you mean!

Man, who's so dense to collect that?!

Marc
    (www.pringles-fan.nl and a wall of energy drink cans at the office)
  • edited August 2007
    Here's the same view slightly more to the south, and taken with a real camera.

Attachment not found.
  • edited August 2007
    Wow. You guys sure got a scenic location.
  • edited August 2007
    Is the water clean enough to go for a swim?
  • edited August 2007
    Is the water clean enough to go for a swim?

I wouldn't. It's freezing cold, anyway. Plus that little lagoon in the foreground is only about a foot deep. At low tide it's just mud.
  • edited August 2007
    Still, just thinking of a company BBQ down there makes me wish to work for Telltale (besides other reasons). You're not in need of 3D-animators, are you?
  • edited August 2007
    I hope that lagoon has a blue line that you can't cross.. and where's the closet to store brendan?
    edited August 2007
    Brendan has been updated to a closet with window view.
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Brendan has been updated to a closet with window view.

:D:D:D:D How kind.. Just make sure you never feed him after midnight, and do not get water on him!
  • edited August 2007
    OOooooo, cooool. :D Anyone try fishing out there?
  • edited August 2007
    55974412gr9.jpg
  • edited August 2007
    Laserschwert's picture made me snort with laughter. I don't snort ... usually.
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    SnM8.jpg

Well... it isn't fishing. But it is a body of water. :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.