Season One Case File! a progress update

Comments

• NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    I'm down for Drunk Link! I might have to do a bit of character researching though. And plus, I've always wanted to be an elf... officially I mean.
  • edited July 2007
    How about a gnome? Or an ogre, anyone want to be one of those? :p
  • edited July 2007
    Good thing the case file is limited to what you're sending out then. Otherwise a single intern wouldn't be enough and people would be completely confused if they saw a want ad like : "Wanted, full time nose blower. Preferably allergic who don't mind working in close contact with nature to gain results. Minimum size 4 nose requirement. To apply, please sneeze into an envelope and mail to George Bush or Telltale games, depending on whether you want to go to jail or work for us."
  • edited July 2007
    NickTTG wrote: »
    I'm down for Drunk Link! I might have to do a bit of character researching though. And plus, I've always wanted to be an elf... officially I mean.

He's not an elf...at least, I don't think so. I always assumed the pointy ears meant he was of Vulcan descent...
  • edited July 2007
    I wonder what the hypno-goggles will be like?
    edited July 2007
    i thought someone here would have got my S&M joke... :( fans huh?
  • edited July 2007
    Joke? What joke? Where? :confused:
    edited July 2007
    I've always wanted to be an elf... officially I mean.

:( Anyone?
  • edited July 2007
    That's a joke? :/ I thought you were serious. I mean, who wouldn't want to be an elf with all of those elven girls and all. :confused:
    edited July 2007
    wow... someone needs to watch the episode 3 trailer again... I can't say I'm not a little hurt guys. And Adam... after all we've been through? tsk
  • edited July 2007
    -scratches chin-

Hmmmmmm... Alright, well, I'll go see if I can find the episode 3 trailer.
  • edited July 2007
    Ohhhhhh, yeah, I get it now. :) To be honest, I usually didn't see the episode trailers because I was usually too busy posting here instead.
  • edited July 2007
    i thought someone here would have got my S&M joke... :( fans huh?

I got it... Just didn't bother posting about it :p *he says disturbingly late, and curls back into the corner*
  • edited July 2007

No one answered my question yet.
  • edited July 2007

A combination of those 3D film glasses and those cheap, non-functioning X-ray glasses?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    They're paperboard 3D glasses style things, but with green hypno swirlies in the lenses, and some text on the sides identifying them as hypno prototypes.
  • edited July 2007
    So my guess for all the things, before I found this topic, was...

Hypno-Goggles: Paperboard 3D-style glassed(I was right!)
    Alien Love Triangle Times: Standard paper with front page printed on(Glad I was wrong. :D)
    BoscoTech virulent disease: Standard napkin with Bosco Tech logo and a sticky substance on it, sealed in plastic.
    Ted E. Bear fridge magnet: Printed on thin magnet strip.
    Max for President campaign button: Typical round button.
    Blister of Tranquility postcard: Standard paperboard postcard.

So...how many of these am I right on(No points for the first two, of course.)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    The napkin is not sticky (unless we make it sticky during packing :p).

Otherwise, you're pretty close. I don't know how thin the magnet is, haven't seen them yet...
  • edited July 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    I don't know how thin the magnet is, haven't seen them yet...
    Hopefully it isn't the think kind of magnet where if you even slightly bend it, you end up breaking the sticker/print art in half.:(
  • edited July 2007
    Well, the Case File costs $4.95 so we can't exactly expect top quality stuff like a 1/4" thick 6 ounce magnet or something. :p
  • edited July 2007
    Not only do I expect it, I demand it!
  • edited July 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Well, the Case File costs $4.95 so we can't exactly expect top quality stuff like a 1/4" thick 6 ounce magnet or something. :p

Hey, I didn't expect them to use actual Newsprint to print a full-size front page of the Alien Love Trangle Times, let alone tear it off to look like it came straight from Sam & Max's corkboard they have in the office.
  • edited July 2007
    Well, you know what I mean.
    edited July 2007
    I just got into my hotel room (the flight Dave and I were on was delayed; everyone else got here hours ago) to find that Jake and Doug had left a couple of teddy bear magnets on the fridge.

They're awesome. :D
  • edited July 2007
    Oo! Oo! Can I have one? :D

Er...now? :D
  • edited July 2007
    (Any word on the History of S&M?)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    working on it now, chief :)

... but it won't be going up until some time tomorrow, because something extremely unprofessional seems to be going on with our office network, preventing me from logging in and checking anything in to deploy. This is what happens when the whole web team is also the whole marketing team (and therefore are all here at Comic-Con instead of back home near the servers and the deploy button).

:(

It's an awesome article, though! The best one of the four in my opinion.
  • edited July 2007
    I just got into my hotel room (the flight Dave and I were on was delayed; everyone else got here hours ago) to find that Jake and Doug had left a couple of teddy bear magnets on the fridge.

They're awesome. :D

Are they thicker than a deli slice?
  • edited July 2007
    Sooo, any more progress on these? Have you started shipping any of these out yet? My whole order is being delayed because of these things, so you guys had better pick up the pace. :P
    edited July 2007
    As Jake mentioned, everyone who deals with this stuff is in San Diego, 500ish miles away from our office in San Rafael. (And we're working very hard!)

Next week when we get back, we will:

1) Sleep a little
    2) Stuff case files
    3) Send case files to the warehouse
    4) Check email diligently until we get word that the warehouse has received the case files

Then they'll ship. :D
  • edited July 2007
    How about coffee, will you drink lots of coffee? :p
  • edited July 2007
    Woo! :D
  • edited July 2007
    How about you just skip the sleeping and drink some coffee. As your paying customer, I demand that you do not sleep until my case file has been shipped. Unless you want me to take my business else ware. *Sticks nose into the air
    :)
    edited July 2007
    How about you just skip the sleeping and drink some coffee.

Did that already. ;)
    Unless you want me to take my business else ware.

Then you can buy the case file from our competitors. :D

Originally we planned this out so that the case files would ship to the warehouse before we left for Comic-Con. We got all our stuff done in time, but then some of the vendors we were working with dropped the ball and delivered late. It's frustrating but there's nothing we could have done to prevent it.
  • edited July 2007
    Heh, that's fine. My parents are actually in the promotional products industry, so they've had crap happen with vendors being late too. :P
  • edited July 2007
    I'd volunteer to stuff them if I lived remotely near there!
  • edited July 2007
    -does not mind waiting-
  • edited July 2007
    Then you can buy the case file from our competitors. :D

For a limited time only, buy the special Derwin Edition CaseFile! It includes all you see below!

casefile.jpg

Now for only the Low Low Low price of $3.65 plus S&H!

Send money to me. Now.

*edit* Cocoon misspelling included free of charge if you order now!
  • edited July 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    For a limited time only, buy the special Derwin Edition CaseFile! It includes all you see below!

casefile.jpg

Now for only the Low Low Low price of $3.65 plus S&H!

Send money to me. Now.

*edit* Cocoon misspelling included free of charge if you order now!

Yay, it comes with an "I stepped on a coconut" post-it note, no case file is complete without one! *looking with disappointed eyes at telltale*

Sign me up for thirtytwo Derwin! One each to all my dead hamsters. (the poor bastards couldn't stay away from that open microwave *sobs*)
  • edited July 2007
    You should put pictures of everything in the case file on the site.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.