"The Key Party" - New teaser by Telltale - it's Poker Night 2!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    That's what I said XD
  • edited April 2013
    Telltale's uploaded the video on their channel, with a confirmed late April release window (no specific date).

Also, now that it's official, no need to keep hiding the characters and screenshots, right?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Also, now that it's official, no need to keep hiding the characters and screenshots, right?

Not at all! Go nuts. I'll move this thread to the Poker Night forum now.
  • edited April 2013
    Could you link Cyberlink?

Edit: Nevermind found it
  • edited April 2013
    Shouldn't the poker night section be higher up now that there is another game for it?
    edited April 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Shouldn't the poker night section be higher up now that there is another game for it?

I'm talking to the web team about potentially rejigging things right now. :)

EDIT: Bam. If things look weird now, that was probably my fault.
  • edited April 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Hey Craptrap wasnt that bad in the trailer. Just need a price and date.

Yeah, he was pretty much just reciting what little I'd seen and hated of him, but it wasn't grating. Did they subtly tone down the voice filter?
  • edited April 2013
    I'd like to know if we'll get a Pre-Purchase option on Steam and if we do will there be any rewards for doing so
  • edited April 2013
    patrick warburton is awesome and i'll probably love claptrap n glados..
  • edited April 2013
    Oh my god if this is really real i'm so hyped for this, i haven't seen Sam since 2010!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    It's real!

As real as a game with a bunch of fictional characters playing poker can be.
    edited April 2013
    Psst... official Poker Night 2 site is live!
    Oh my god if this is really real i'm so hyped for this, i haven't seen Sam since 2010!

Check out the site, you might spot someone else Sam & Max fans could be excited to see. ;)
  • edited April 2013
    I'm excited, but I was hoping for more detail.

How much is the game? How do you get GLadOS' Long Fall Boots if she's not a player?

Nonetheless, I can't wait! Gonna play some Poker Night now for practice.
  • edited April 2013
    Thx Puzzlebox ^vv^
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks for the site, it's snazzy. Good to see Max still wandering around being himself. It also handily answers what all the winnable loot is too, cool stuff.

Can't wait for a concrete release date! ...Or a price. Or a price and a release date (that may or may not be made of concrete).
  • edited April 2013
    Okay, can anyone here bring me up to speed with Omaha style poker?
  • edited April 2013
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Okay, can anyone here bring me up to speed with Omaha style poker?

Of course! I'll use the greatest, most legitimate, and beautiful tool known to man: Wikipedia!

Boop!
  • edited April 2013
    Oh, hey Max.

Also is it me or was Sam's model changed a little? His suit looks darker.
  • edited April 2013
    Two poker styles – Texas Hold ‘Em and now Omaha!

Woah, what?
    I have no idea what Omaha even is! Awesome!
  • edited April 2013
    The PSN themes look pretty cool. Sam jumping through portals might end up my new wallpaper. :p
  • ttg_Stemmlettg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Oh, hey Max.

Also is it me or was Sam's model changed a little? His suit looks darker.

Well spotted. What mysteries does Sam's new model conceal?

Y'know, other than looking pretty damn snazzy.

Mike
  • edited April 2013
    To my understanding, Omaha is where you have 4 cards in your hand instead of 2 like in texas holdem. So you have a greater chance of getting a better hand?
  • edited April 2013

Mike

Looks like his skin (or fur) has more detail, too.

Are you guys...planning something?
  • edited April 2013

Mike

It means he accidentally got some of his laundry mixed with Lee's, is what I think. Some of that dark Walking Dead atmosphere got stuck to it.
  • edited April 2013
    Also "Hnnng", Claptrap+GlaDos=<3 XD

I want that one as my background now, him offering a rose to the sexy beast that is GlaDos just screams wonders XD
  • edited April 2013
    Maybe this is just me, but I also think Claptrap's shaded a little differently from how he is in Borderlands. It's a nice touch.
  • edited April 2013
    This still doesn't answer one question I have: Will there possibly be multiplayer?
    Is there any hint of that potentially happening?
  • edited April 2013
    Telltale Employees, may I ask what your idea of who "The Player" is supposed to be?

Are they supposed to be their own character, since they've apparently been around since your first card game?
    Now that they're dragging loot around to multiple other games, I guess the implication is also that they're you, the person controlling whatever characters you control in any game.

But now non-video game characters are here, so I guess it extends outside of just games.

Am I ever not playing as The Player?

This shit is giving me an existential crisis.
  • edited April 2013
    I just realized that, how such a huge thing like Glados moved from Aperture Science to The Inventory and didn't even get a single bruise or missing part on herself?
  • edited April 2013
    Who says that Aperture doesn't extend globally?
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    To my understanding, Omaha is where you have 4 cards in your hand instead of 2 like in texas holdem. So you have a greater chance of getting a better hand?

That's correct. It is a little quirkier than holdem, in that you have to use exactly 2 of your 4 holecards and exactly 3 of the community cards. Thus, if you have holecards like 4447, you might get excited because you have 3 of a kind, but alas you can only use 2 of the 4s when making up your final hand.
  • edited April 2013
    Is there a chance for a scene where Brock talks to Sal the Cockroach?
  • edited April 2013
    wellgolly wrote: »
    Telltale Employees, may I ask what your idea of who "The Player" is supposed to be?

Are they supposed to be their own character, since they've apparently been around since your first card game?
    Now that they're dragging loot around to multiple other games, I guess the implication is also that they're you, the person controlling whatever characters you control in any game.

But now non-video game characters are here, so I guess it extends outside of just games.

Am I ever not playing as The Player?

This shit is giving me an existential crisis.

The Player is an AFGNCAAP.

I like to believe he/she/it is the same AFGNCAAP from Zork just to make things interesting.
  • edited April 2013
    HoboStew wrote: »
    That's correct. It is a little quirkier than holdem, in that you have to use exactly 2 of your 4 holecards and exactly 3 of the community cards. Thus, if you have holecards like 4447, you might get excited because you have 3 of a kind, but alas you can only use 2 of the 4s when making up your final hand.

This should be very fun then
  • edited April 2013

Mike

I hope that that statement doesn't end up being responsible for a wave of disappointment. There've been so many "April Fools" shenanigans over the past 30 hours that it's all starting to feel disrespectful rather than funny.

It was nice to spot Max in there as well :D
    Do we know if he'll have any voiced lines?
  • edited April 2013
    The Player is an AFGNCAAP.

I like to believe he/she/it is the same AFGNCAAP from Zork just to make things interesting.

Oh, thank god. I'd been afraid to take off my pants in the shower since Poker Night 1 came out.
  • ttg_Stemmlettg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Ribs wrote: »
    Is there a chance for a scene where Brock talks to Sal the Cockroach?

Sal's dead, baby :)

Also, if you're insinuating that anyone at Telltale would stoop so low as to sully the good name of Poker Night with inside jokes, metatextual witticisms, and various other sorts of "fan service" tomjackery, then I must take great offense, and harrumph in your general direction.

Harrumph, I say!

Mike "'Harrumph' has two r's" Stemmle
  • edited April 2013
    I call shenaningans, there isn't a character page for Mad Moxxi.
    edited April 2013
    wellgolly wrote: »

Personally, I've always thought of the player as you (well, not YOU specifically - I mean me, but if you were playing, it would be you).
    Cheeseness wrote: »
    Do we know if he'll have any voiced lines?

We do know!
    He does.
  • edited April 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Personally, I've always thought of the player as you (well, not YOU specifically - I mean me, but if you were playing, it would be you).

We do know!
    He does.

Ah, so this means Mad Moxxi
    might get some lines as well
    ?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.