"The Key Party" - New teaser by Telltale - it's Poker Night 2!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Something tells me Telltale's not doing an April Fool's joke this year. They probably wouldn't want a fake announcement taking attention away from the real one. Besides, the sheer strangeness of Poker Night 2 is enough for people to think it's a joke.
  • edited March 2013
    That makes sense
  • edited March 2013
    Tomorrow will see the trailer that is completely made with potato heads.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Venture Bros Season 1 was just added to Netflix Instant yesterday for those who have Netflix and want to find out what the series is like.
  • edited March 2013
    April Fools Day Approaches
    time%2Bbomb%2Bpic.png
    Why won't this fuse burn faster!?
  • edited March 2013
    April Fools has arrived!
    nuclear_clown_bomb.jpg
    May the odds be ever in your favor
  • edited March 2013
    Not sure if prank but there is a Wallace and Gromit game demo on the Tell Tale site now. If it was there before, I didn't notice it.

Edit: Oh, wait, that's something official that was there before nevermind

I kinda guessed something changed, cause the website went down and came back up a little while ago, so I've been trying whatever pranksies they got hidden in there
  • edited April 2013
    I have only one question about poker night 2.

Why not Zoidberg?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2013
    As the host?
  • edited April 2013
    There is actually a mod for that for the first game
  • edited April 2013
    I hope it's not an April Fools.

Please don't be an April Fools.
  • edited April 2013
    The Zoidberg mod is
    tumblr_m04rzrF1qk1qegw8v.gif
    The Poker Night 2 however should not be
  • edited April 2013
    The official teaser trailer has gone up on IGN, along with confirming the game is coming to PC, PS3, and 360. It'll also feature unlockables on every system, including avatar items on 360, themes on PS3, items for
    Team Fortress 2
    on PC, and items for
    Borderlands 2
    on all three. Go check it out.
  • edited April 2013
    The official teaser trailer has gone up on IGN, along with confirming the game is coming to PC, PS3, and 360. It'll also feature unlockables on every system, including avatar items on 360, themes on PS3, items for
    Team Fortress 2
    on PC, and items for
    Borderlands 2

HHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlLLLLLLLLLLLL YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • edited April 2013
    Whee! Is it my birthday? Or...

h814F93E3

You know, going with the Futurama theme.
  • edited April 2013
    I like how virtually all the commenters on the IGN article are fully convinced this game is an elaborate April Fool's joke.
  • edited April 2013
    Team Fortress 2
    on PC, and items for
    Borderlands 2

Yeah, just saw it.
    I'm very excited for this now, hopefully it will be coming out soon. :D
    edited April 2013
    Oh MAN that incredibly crappy IGN stream is the worst thing known to man. When you start over, it starts loading the whole video again. When you're trying to stop preload, it won't start again. And when it's at the end, the next video loads before you can say "don't do that shit". Anyone with a proper youtube link?!?
  • edited April 2013
    I like how virtually all the commenters on the IGN article are fully convinced this game is an elaborate April Fool's joke.

It would take a pretty powerful company to convince rights-holders to let their characters be used in an elaborate prank, not to mention getting Microsoft to "accidentally leak" a fake game. I'm not saying Telltale isn't that powerful but... Telltale just isn't that powerful.
  • edited April 2013
    Question:
    How long after the first game's announcement did the Steam pre-order page go up? I'm just trying to get a time frame together in my head so I can stop obsessing for a little while.
  • edited April 2013
    Well, at least the teaser confirms: No Bruce :(
  • edited April 2013
    Well, at least the teaser confirms: No Bruce :(

And a pretty terrible sound-alike at that.
    Bit disappointed really.
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah. BOO YOU Telltale. How do you not get Bruce for this project? It would have been total win. Now only partial win. No longer Day One, Telltale. No longer Day One.
  • edited April 2013
    That's the second TTG game I will not buy.
    Craptrap sucks.
  • edited April 2013
    Might've been that getting his voice went over budget. Who knows how much it cost just to grab the likenesses for something like this!

It's still the greatest possible waste of intellectual properties ever. It'll always be Day 1 for me like the first game was.

EDIT: I don't quite get the Claptrap hate. I'm still pretty certain he's going to be one of the easier ones to knock out. The guy screams Strong Bad AI.
  • edited April 2013
    Why even have Ash if he's not voiced by Bruce Campbell?
  • edited April 2013
    spd12 wrote: »
    EDIT: I don't quite get the Claptrap hate.

Wait until you play the game.
    Why make GLaDOS the dealer. Claptrap would be perfect for that. And even kinda bearable in that role. With GLaDOS out of the game there is nothing in there that would be of any interest to me personally.
  • edited April 2013
    IGN wrote:
    Look for Telltale Games' Poker Night 2 this April on PSN, Xbox Live and PC. Other platforms will be announced eventually.

Other platforms? Does this sorta-kinda confirm a Wii U/Vita/iOS version?

Also, if anyone on the Telltale Team is reading this, it'd be nice to have some clarification on who's voicing Ash. I can't tell if it's Bruce Campbell or not. I still remember people complaining about the Heavy's "new voice actor" in the first game when it was still Gary Schwartz. :p
  • edited April 2013

SO MUCH THlS
  • edited April 2013
    Other platforms? Does this sorta-kinda confirm a Wii U/Vita/iOS version?

I would kill for a Wii U version.
    edited April 2013

The final word might not yet be spoken. Late April is still quite a bit of time. For all I know, they could have whipped up the trailer with all the actors available at the time. Whether Mr. Campbell will participate during the crucial recording sessions, that's still unanswered. I mean, didn't we all think Michael J. Fox would never...

...I still agree it's a bad sign though. :(
  • edited April 2013
    Doesn't matter to me, my only thing was that the boomstick line was forced in the trailer. The rest fit mostly. My thing is A)When should we get more details?, B)When will the keyparty site update?
  • edited April 2013
    As long as we're complaining about voices, I'd still like Sam to be voiced by Bill Farmer in the final version instead of David Nowlin.
  • edited April 2013
    Doesn't matter to me, my only thing was that the boomstick line was forced in the trailer. The rest fit mostly. My thing is A)When should we get more details?, B)When will the keyparty site update?

Now that I think about it, it did feel a little forced.

I wonder how it'll feel when he says "Hail to the king, baby" after winning a hand. Because you know he will.
    edited April 2013
    Now that I think about it, it did feel a little forced.

Hope they saved the good dialog for the game. ;)

Seriously, TWICE with the boomstick? What kind of teaser is that?
  • edited April 2013
    Interesting how if you try to go to Pokernight2.com currently, it leads right back to telltalegames.com
  • edited April 2013
    A lot of conflicting thoughts, here.

Sam, Brock, and GLaDOS are awesome as expected, though. God, I missed those three franchises.

Brock being surrounded by gibbering while trying to do something is amusingly reminiscent of the show.
    "Stop wiggling around, you jackass!"
    I only now just realize how badly I would love to see Shore Leave in a game like this.
  • edited April 2013
    Hey Craptrap wasnt that bad in the trailer. Just need a price and date.
  • edited April 2013
    The IGN site says April, so at max we have to wait a month
  • edited April 2013
    The IGN site says April, so at max we have to wait a month

or this month, it's April 1st now
Sign in to comment in this discussion.