OMG Sam & Max for the Wii!

Comments

• NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    didn't you guys already make this game?
  • edited April 2008
    Gamespot says that it's a port of Season One. Will there be any new content?
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I'm shocked!
  • edited April 2008
    Stupified!
  • edited April 2008
    a game for the wii? who has heard of such a thing, the idea is preposterous.... (but let me know when they make sam and max episodes you can inject directly into your brain)
  • edited April 2008
    Repeated from blog for maximum exposure:

If sam and max season 1 is coming to Wii as widescreen, do we get the widescreen update for PC as well?
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    I don't know if I believe it. Can you really trust those people at Telltale? So many false alarms. :D

It would have been funny (and probably really cruel) to do this on April Fool's Day.
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    a game for the wii? who has heard of such a thing, the idea is preposterous.... (but let me know when they make sam and max episodes you can inject directly into your brain)

Working on it....
  • edited April 2008
    an obvious photoshop... i wont believe it unless i see at least 2 more people, each holding 2 forms of government id, a completed organ doner card, a federal gun permit, players card, plus their grandma's (or at least a close relative) must be there to confirm id as well.. all in a video showing the wii connected to the tv in such a way that nothing else could be connected to it... plus a bunch of the girls from nellys big pimpin video (cause i know those ain't fake) and a couple of my boys taking notes all in front of the tv... then ill believe it

oh, and yeah.. if the wii version is going to be widescreen.. then i demand a widescreen of the pc version as well
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    During Dan's interview on GameSpot, I was sitting on the floor playing the game. *On the Wii.* You can believe what you want, but I wouldn't lie about something like this. :D
    Gamespot says that it's a port of Season One. Will there be any new content?

Other than the obvious Wii-ification (i.e. new interface, menus, etc.), no. Why mess with a good thing? :p
    If sam and max season 1 is coming to Wii as widescreen, do we get the widescreen update for PC as well?

I'm going to guess that the answer is "no" to this, too.
  • edited April 2008
    If I had a Wii, I would be all a-flutter over this... so how about a 360 port? :p
  • edited April 2008
    I wish telltale all the best on their endeavor to bring sam and max to the wii. I don't think it will be a million seller but I'm sure you'll be able to round up some cash from it. Get another dev team fired up with the funds you make and start making more games. :)
  • edited April 2008
    I've never used a Wii before so I really don't know how well it works. I can see the cursor being extremely sensitive using the wii remote, but that's just based off the little knowledge I have on this. Hopefully it works out, because I'd love to play Sam & Max on my TV and not have to worry about my system overheating and video card crashing... blah blah.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Alucard wrote: »
    I wish telltale all the best on their endeavor to bring sam and max to the wii. I don't think it will be a million seller but I'm sure you'll be able to round up some cash from it. Get another dev team fired up with the funds you make and start making more games. :)

We're doing three right now! Is that not enough? :)
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    We're doing three right now! Is that not enough? :)
    No! We demand that 12 new games, all priced under $5, come out each and every week and that they ALL be perfect.
    (I love sarcasm.)
  • edited April 2008
    I already have the PC version, but... but... but I waaaaaant!
  • edited April 2008
    Awesome! =D But...how much is this going to cost, hmm? >_> This isn't going to cost more than the PC set of Season 1 is it?
  • edited April 2008
    *Wishes he could use the wiimote to throw Max*
  • edited April 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    I'm going to guess that the answer is "no" to this, too.

Well, darn. There goes my only desire to play season 1 again...
  • edited April 2008
    Ryusuke wrote: »
    Awesome! =D But...how much is this going to cost, hmm? >_> This isn't going to cost more than the PC set of Season 1 is it?

10_05_DrNick.gif

(I actually have no idea)
  • edited April 2008
    ooh... guess that means i'm gonna need a wii then...
  • edited April 2008
    I can only wonder how the Wii fanbase will react once they get that degreasing joke you guys wrote. I can't wait to see the reactions if any are posted.
  • edited April 2008
    langley wrote: »
    I'm shocked!

I see it's also avatar material too.

Definitely getting this for the Wii out of shear fandom. haha, also I would love to see how it will handle. ^_^
  • edited April 2008
    OOhhh mac users have no excuse now.. This should sell really well.. sam & max is a great fit for the nintendo wii audience.. I hope the adventure company gets sum good distribution on this.. in all stores everywhere!
  • RelRel
    edited April 2008
    Very Nice to the Wii Owenrs :)

and for that three new games you are working on,
    are you still continue to developing some of games to the PC
    in a episodic form,
    or form now on,you are focusing on consoles?

thx.
  • edited April 2008
    Glad to hear that Wii owners without gaming PCs will be getting the game (I think :p), but I personally will not be buying it. I'm not into the whole buy-a-game-twice thing like some people are.
    Emily wrote: »
    Other than the obvious Wii-ification (i.e. new interface, menus, etc.), no. Why mess with a good thing? :p

On On the Spot Dan said that there would be some extra stuff for the Wii version.

Who's right? :p
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I think he was referring to extras outside the game -- special feature type stuff -- but I also am not entirely sure if he was telling the truth when he said that. Dan was coloring a bit outside the lines with that remark!
  • edited April 2008
    Hm, knowing that TellTale Games is releasing Season One on Wii, maybe there might be a special option for a Limited Box, with Bonus stuff, like the PC Version had. As for the cost, since First Party games from Nintendo generally cost $50, with the exception of Wii Fit, my guesstimate is that Sam & Max: Season One, Wii Edition, will cost approximately.... *uses imaginary calculator, then pulls printed paper from mouth*

...40 bucks!
  • edited April 2008
    With all the excitement, I forgot to ask this. How are you going to distribute Season 1 on the Wii? All six episodes at once like the retail or in installments like the original release? I can only wonder how you guys will benefit from releasing a Sam & Max season in installments via their online Wii network.
  • edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    wiicitement.jpg

Is it just me, or does that guy on the right look like Brady Culture?
  • edited April 2008
    from the comments on the blog section, in case you didn't already see:
    Seg wrote:
    I has Wii Remote! Let me show you it!

(I'm the one on the right with the awesome face.)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I think he was referring to extras outside the game -- special feature type stuff -- but I also am not entirely sure if he was telling the truth when he said that. Dan was coloring a bit outside the lines with that remark!

Yes. I almost poked him but thought it would be inappropriate during a live broadcast. :D As I understand it the Wii version will have a few of the same extras as the PC version, but nothing new.

(For what it's worth, doing a live interview is much more nerve-wracking than I thought it would be... and I wasn't even on camera! My hands were shaking so much I had to steady one hand with the other to use the controller. :p If they'd actually asked me a question, I probably would have been like Cindy Brady staring at the red flashbulb...)

As for price, I don't think we're announcing that yet, but it'll be in line with the PC retail version. We're not out to gouge people; we just want to bring Sam & Max to a new audience.
    How are you going to distribute Season 1 on the Wii? All six episodes at once like the retail or in installments like the original release?

Yes, all six episodes collected into a retail package.
  • SegSeg
    edited April 2008
    Arthur9 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does that guy on the right look like Brady Culture?

I do not look like Brady Culture! :mad:

BTW, since there's some confusion on languages let me clear up one thing. The North American version (US, Canada, Mexico) will have French voice & text and Spanish text in addition to English. You will be able to set this using the Wii Menu language settings.
  • edited April 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    OOhhh mac users have no excuse now..

no excuse for what?
  • edited April 2008
    oooooOOOOOOoooooo Fight!
  • edited April 2008
    I'm still convicted it's a late April Fools Joke :P

Why not on PSP or even PS2? That would rule!
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    I do not look like Brady Culture! :mad:

I don't think you look like him either. Your hair isn't that big but it IS curly. But then again, curly hair rules.
  • edited April 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    curly hair rules.

I beg to differ. The tangled mess known as my hair also begs to differ. :p Even high-powered hair straightener barely dented these infernal curls. :(
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    This is so off-topic but, make sure that you are using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and a gel/product that calms frizzy hair. My hair used to be horrid and now it's behaving much better (the curls are).

Sam & Max on the Wii -Woo hoo!
  • edited April 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    This is so off-topic but, make sure that you are using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and a gel/product that calms frizzy hair. My hair used to be horrid and now it's behaving much better (the curls are).

Sam & Max on the Wii -Woo hoo!

Haha, Barbers!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.