OMG Sam & Max for the Wii!

1235»

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    We're doing the game justice on the wii, though. Widescreen to you may be "Just getting silly," but it required time on our parts to go and fix all the 4:3 compositions to work at a wider aspect ratio. Also, the UI has been tweaked for consoles, allowing you to select dialog options and inventory items (and browse the menu) with the d-pad as well as with face buttons, and there is a new, pretty episode launcher. The Wii version also marks the return of a favorite Sam & Max cursor of yore.
    Oh, I never said you weren't going to make it work well on the Wii. When I said 'that's just getting silly,' I wasn't referring to making it widescreen. I was referring to counting widescreen as a major feature whose addition totally screws over the PC players.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Ah, right. We haven't revealed the rat stomping minigame using the WiiFit board yet, though, so you never know.
  • edited June 2008
    whats 'cursor of yore'?
  • edited June 2008
    whats 'cursor of yore'?

I think it's got the Hit The Road-style Sam's paw cursor for the Wii version.
  • edited June 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »

Woot!
  • edited June 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »

That's weird, with my HtR game, the cursor is just a cross.
  • edited June 2008

Must be an older version?
    It's Sam's hand along with many other things when you switch which action you want to perform
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008

You're playing a mutant never-released version, then, as the Hit the Road UI is done by cycling the cursor between Sam's hand, a squeeze toy, a giant eyeball, and a few other things, for different functions (walk to, use, look at, etc).
  • edited June 2008
    Playing on ScummVM DS, perhaps?

I loved the squeeze toy cursor.
  • edited June 2008
    You're playing a mutant never-released version, then, as the Hit the Road UI is done by cycling the cursor between Sam's hand, a squeeze toy, a giant eyeball, and a few other things, for different functions (walk to, use, look at, etc).

Oooh wait I do have that, I was thinking of when I was on the menu. But how dumb am I? I never actually linked it to being Sam's hand. I just thought of it as a gloved random hand.

There is a reason why I dye my hair blonde. This is it.
  • edited June 2008
    Sitting back playing Sam & max on a huge lcd tv is enough to entice me to buy the game again for the wii
  • ArtArt
    edited June 2008
    Hi,
    Well,I've never heard of Sam and max before,but I'll get it to test it out.
  • edited June 2008
    Art wrote: »
    Hi,
    Well,I've never heard of Sam and max before,but I'll get it to test it out.

Okay. You do that. :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2008
    I think I'm gonna have to buy a Wii to play Sam and Max!

Is there still talks about the game coming to DS?
  • edited June 2008
    I'm not sure there ever were. Maybe someday, who knows.
  • edited June 2008
    I don't think the DS would do it justice.
  • edited June 2008
    I love my DS, I was just hoping I could get Sam and Max on there someday. Maybe a game espeically (sp?!?!) designed for the console?
  • edited June 2008
    Any news on when this game is actually going to launch?
  • edited June 2008
    August if we're lucky
  • edited June 2008
    According to IGN..

August 29, 2008 Sam & Max Season One JoWood Productions Adventure

& Europe in October
  • edited June 2008
    i don't trust IGN i trust Telltale.....or is Telltale trustworthy...dun dun DAAA!
  • edited June 2008
    Well... it fits with timeframe Telltale has been hinting at. Hopefully Season 2 isn't too far off after that.... You know...since the ball is already rolling on the "Wii porting".
    I expect a full report on my desk by noon! Over and out.
  • SegSeg
    edited June 2008
    Once we have a real, tangible date on our hands, you'll all know. We really need a macro for the jump to conclusions mat...
  • edited June 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    According to IGN..

August 29, 2008 Sam & Max Season One JoWood Productions Adventure

& Europe in October
    They're really just guessing, though.
  • edited June 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    They're really just guessing, though.

but that still would be awsome:cool:
  • edited June 2008
    I think they should make a game for the WiiFit, imagine Max doing yoga.
  • edited June 2008
    To quote my Favorite Beat-Em' Up, River City Ransom, "BARF!"
  • edited June 2008
    I bet he would be quite flexible.
  • edited June 2008
    I bet he would be quite flexible.

And really funny to watch.
  • edited June 2008
    We're doing the game justice on the wii, though. Widescreen to you may be "Just getting silly," but it required time on our parts to go and fix all the 4:3 compositions to work at a wider aspect ratio. Also, the UI has been tweaked for consoles, allowing you to select dialog options and inventory items (and browse the menu) with the d-pad as well as with face buttons, and there is a new, pretty episode launcher. The Wii version also marks the return of a favorite Sam & Max cursor of yore.
    Wow, you getting me REALLY excited now :D
  • edited June 2008
    I don't really know which version to get! The Wii version is supposed to be so good (with our favorite cursor of yore) but, living in Australia, I can get the season on PC for $10AU at Dick Smith PowerHouse!

EDIT: Oh yeah. I forgot about mentioning widescreen support. That's the main reason I'm stuck.
  • edited July 2008
    Will we be able to have the German and French voices with the North America release?
  • edited July 2008
    StonkBad wrote: »
    I don't really know which version to get! The Wii version is supposed to be so good (with our favorite cursor of yore) but, living in Australia, I can get the season on PC for $10AU at Dick Smith PowerHouse!

EDIT: Oh yeah. I forgot about mentioning widescreen support. That's the main reason I'm stuck.

Why not get both? :D
  • edited July 2008
    Or a special appearance in rayman raving rabbids 3.
  • edited July 2008
    StonkBad wrote: »

$5 now... get the PC version :) You can /also/ get the Wii version when it's released and you may have only wasted $5 :)
  • edited July 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    $5 now... get the PC version :) You can /also/ get the Wii version when it's released and you may have only wasted $5 :)

I would ... but Dick Smith just raised the price to $25. Oh well, the confirms I'm getting the Wii version.:D
  • edited July 2008
    Or a special appearance in rayman raving rabbids 3.

I would actually love to see that. I can't believe I'm agree with you.
  • edited July 2008
    I would actually love to see that. I can't believe I'm agree with you.

So your the first right?
  • edited July 2008
    Probably, I love the Rabbids so I'd love to see Max take them all out. Would be hilar.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.