OMG Sam & Max for the Wii!

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I was just wondering a few things:

Did you have to compress the textures quite a bit, or is it just the video that makes them look blurry?

What is up with the glitchy security cam in the Inconvenience store? Is it some sinister new plot?

Why do I still find the need to buy this game, despite owning it through Telltale's online distro, having the CD version, and being on GameTap?

Does this look cancerous to you?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Derwin wrote: »
    I was just wondering a few things:

Did you have to compress the textures quite a bit, or is it just the video that makes them look blurry?

What is up with the glitchy security cam in the Inconvenience store? Is it some sinister new plot?

It is still an early alpha build. There are various bugs scattered about and it is far from final. How it will look several months from now remains to be seen.
  • SegSeg
    edited April 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    This is so off-topic but, make sure that you are using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and a gel/product that calms frizzy hair. My hair used to be horrid and now it's behaving much better (the curls are).

Actually, I ran out of shampoo two days ago and I've been too busy working on Sam & Max Wii... FOR YOU!!

Yes I still shower regularly!
    I love how this thread has now become all about me. Thanks for the ego feed everyone! :D
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    Thumbs up on the new avatar! :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Will wrote: »
    There are various bugs scattered about

(The glitchy camera and Specs' opaque glasses being two of them.)
  • edited April 2008
    Great news!

But sad to hear there's no nunchuk support planned :( I was hoping that if there was a Wii version you could (optionally) use the nunchuk to move Sam around -- even on the PC I don't really like having to move by point & click on the ground. Then again, I'm one of the few ones who didn't mind the Grim Fandango control scheme so maybe I'm just a freak.
  • edited April 2008
    soooooooooooooo... When can we expect to see it, and is season 2 going to get the wii treatment aswell? Get some more programmers and maybe by season 4 the eps would get released at the same time on both platforms :O !!!
  • edited April 2008
    If Season One is coming to Wii, then so will Season 2, next year, since one of the missions is a Christmas Episode. And if Reality 2.0 is a part of Season One, Wii Edition, maybe this might mean that we can see a slight modification to Sam's Mario Impersonation. Something along the lines of...

"Look, Max! It's-A-Wii, Sam!"
  • edited April 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    This is so off-topic but, make sure that you are using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and a gel/product that calms frizzy hair. My hair used to be horrid and now it's behaving much better (the curls are).

Sam & Max on the Wii -Woo hoo!

I've tried everything short of pouring lye on my scalp. :p I've resigned myself to just using copious amounts of hair glue, which seems to work.
  • edited April 2008
    YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited April 2008
    YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!

Was that a secret?
  • edited April 2008
    I refuse to believe this as it's still April 1st on the ancient Chinese calendar. emot-colbert.gif
  • edited April 2008
    I refuse to believe this as it's still April 1st on the ancient Chinese calendar. emot-colbert.gif

It wouldn't really be very professional on Telltale's part, especially since they went on Gamespot's show and have sent out press releases. :p

Well, would you look at that? 1500 posts!
  • edited April 2008
    So..

Widescreen seems to be a: YES!

480p and Dolby Pro Logic 2 ?
  • edited April 2008
    *slaps self to make sure she's not hallucinating*

Yay! This really made my morning; you guys are awesome! :D Thanks for granting this fan's wish.

(oh, and congrats on the 1,500th post, Guybrush Threepwood)
  • edited April 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    (The glitchy camera and Specs' opaque glasses being two of them.)

I was WONDERING why I didn't remember Spec's glasses being blue...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Sybil's are worse. She looks like Stevie Wonder. (And that's why we didn't show Sybil during the demo! Ha!)

Of course this stuff is going to be fixed, but it's amusing right now. Well, maybe not to the QA team. Or the programmers. Or Jake. But it's amusing to me. :D
  • edited April 2008
    Pl0x for to be has screens sometime? :p
  • edited April 2008
    Mithos wrote: »
    So..

Widescreen seems to be a: YES!

480p and Dolby Pro Logic 2 ?
    I'd like to know as well. I can deal with stereo, but 480p is a necessity.
  • edited April 2008
    Sybil's are worse. She looks like Stevie Wonder. (And that's why we didn't show Sybil during the demo! Ha!)
    Given her animations in 101, I'm curious to see how that looks. :D
  • edited April 2008
    wsippel wrote: »
    I'd like to know as well. I can deal with stereo, but 480p is a necessity.

They need good quality don't they..hmm
  • edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    10_05_DrNick.gif

(I actually have no idea)

The Sam & Max episodes for Wii are going to be CHEAPER THAN WATER!

halpaavetta-mini.jpg
  • edited April 2008
    As one of the rare ones whose first introduction to adventure gaming was "The Secret of Monkey Island" when it was ported to the Sega CD system, I must say good job on creating an opportunity for people who are not PC friendly to enjoy the groovy time that can be an adventure game. Yes, I did say Sega CD and yes, I said groovy.
  • edited April 2008
    Villane wrote: »
    use the nunchuk to move Sam around

evil do not play sam and max
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008

Of course this stuff is going to be fixed, but it's amusing right now. Well, maybe not to the QA team. Or the programmers. Or Jake. But it's amusing to me. :D

I thought it was funny! I did.
  • edited April 2008
    Will wrote: »
    It is still an early alpha build. There are various bugs scattered about and it is far from final. How it will look several months from now remains to be seen.

Wow, if what was shown is considered an Alpha build, I am extremely impressed. I have always been impressed at how relatively bug free (compared to other games) the Telltale Tool is, but after seeing the video and hearing it is an alpha build I am more than excited to see the final state of the game.
  • edited April 2008
    Boot up season 1 on your pc and prepare to be amazed then!
  • edited April 2008
    -yay-
  • edited April 2008
    Out of curiosity (I don't have a wii so I'm not getting it either way, sorry) how are the driving portions controlled? Are you still going with the pointing and clicking or did you come up with something else?
  • edited April 2008
    I've already told a friend of mine to buy this game when it comes out. It'll be awesome to have my friends enjoy the same excitement that I enjoy from Sam & Max.

Season 2 may need the Nunchuck due to the keyboard controls of the car.
  • edited April 2008
    jaden551 wrote: »
    evil do not play sam and max

eh?
  • edited April 2008
    Villane wrote: »
    eh?

Best not to ask about that guy :)
  • edited April 2008
    Season 2 may need the Nunchuck due to the keyboard controls of the car.

It will certainly make the SOL Driving game more fun. :D
  • edited April 2008
    How about making Sam run?
  • edited April 2008
    I'm going to force this game down my friend's throat whether he likes it or not!...

Well, not really, but I'm going to tell him about it...
  • edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    10_05_DrNick.gif

(I actually have no idea)

Amazon actually already has this game listed for pre-order at the ever so sweet price of 29.99 :D

I'm hoping the August 1, 2008 release date is accurate, but it sounds almost too good to be true.
  • edited April 2008
    Would it be possible to make this game downloadable onto your pc, and then use an SD card to get it on your wii? Better yet people who have already bought season 1 (and can prove that fact) could get it at a discount?
  • edited April 2008
    Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon pre-order, nice to know it won't be more than $30. :)
  • edited April 2008
    Would it be possible to make this game downloadable onto your pc, and then use an SD card to get it on your wii? Better yet people who have already bought season 1 (and can prove that fact) could get it at a discount?

I'm sure it is more complicated than that. There's got to be a lot of compatibility coding that is probably being done in the background that we are not aware of. I mean, it's one thing to program a mouse control setting, but it's something entirely different to program the Wii-mote.
  • edited April 2008
    On Gamefly.com, they have the Boxart up, and the official rating. It's Rated T for Teen, and it's gonna come out on August 31st!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.