OMG Sam & Max for the Wii!

Comments

• edited May 2008
    I agree that it's a good pose for them, but that background is way too bright. Almost blinding. And kinda bland looking. I'd say it would be perfect except for that background. Still, it would be eye-catching as is, but there's other ways to be eyecatching han a too bright background. :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    They're jumping from a gigantic hypnobeam. Dunno what else you'd want!
  • MelMel
    edited May 2008
    Jake wrote: »

That made me think of old 1950s Sci-Fi movies. :D
    DayTheEarth.jpg

I usually don't think of ideas, but Sam & Max in an old Sci-Fi movie would be kind of cool.
  • edited May 2008
    I don't know if this has already been adressed, but will the episodes of the Wii version all be available from the start or will the player be forced to unlock them in order (and, of course, be allowed to replay any previous episode at any time), like in the Phoenix Wright games?
  • edited May 2008
    You'll be able to play them in any order you like.
  • SegSeg
    edited May 2008
    You will be able to play all episodes right from the start; No unlocking! Though since you'll have all of them, it's nice to start from the beginning, but it won't be a requirement.
  • edited May 2008
    I'm just hoping that you guys will come up with a better selection screen than the guys at Valve did with the Orange Box on consoles. :P
  • edited May 2008

That maybe, but weren't all the hypnobeams green? I know they weren't blindingly white. :)
    edited May 2008
    This one's so bright its pushed itself over a color on the visible light spectrum, to a nice looking yellow.
    dg10050 wrote: »
    I'm just hoping that you guys will come up with a better selection screen than the guys at Valve did with the Orange Box on consoles. :P

The selection screen is pretty sweet, if I say so myself.
  • edited May 2008
    You designed it, didn't you Jake? :p
  • edited May 2008
    Today they put a 2 minute long version of the Sam and Max Season 1 Blooper Reel on the Wii's Nintendo Channel to promote the upcoming Sam and Max Wii game. It mainly focusues on the Reality 2.0 episode.

Just a heads up. :)
  • edited May 2008
    This one's so bright its pushed itself over a color on the visible light spectrum, to a nice looking yellow.

The selection screen is pretty sweet, if I say so myself.

Are you referring to your selection screen or Valve's?
    While I can appreciate Valve's minimalistic method of bringing all of the Orange Box games into one package, I still can't help but feel a little bit disappointed with how they just threw it all together into an orange-colored box. Oh well, Portal easily makes up for the disappointment. :P
  • edited May 2008
    To be honest, I was expecting/wanting a completely orange box. No logo. Just orange and much BIGGER! Oh Valve, why did you crush my dreams....

Anyway, that box looks exceptional. Even if it is just a mock-up, it's rather impressive. I'd love to buy the first season again for the Wii but I'm broke, unfortunately. Any plans for a second season Wii release. Then, you could make some special offer for your store! Oh please, oh please! [insert puppy eyes smiley here] :D
  • edited May 2008
    About The Orange Box: Yeah with such a hyped up name I was expecting something similar. But I guess from a marketting standpoint, the one they have works better.
  • edited May 2008
    While I can appreciate Valve's minimalistic method of bringing all of the Orange Box games into one package, I still can't help but feel a little bit disappointed with how they just threw it all together into an orange-colored box. Oh well, Portal easily makes up for the disappointment. :P

I believe he was referring to the Sam and Max Wii screen, which he made, as being good. And I would have to agree with him.
    edited May 2008

I was referring to Sam & Max Wii's...
    Zeek wrote: »
    You designed it, didn't you Jake? :p

... because this is true. :)
  • edited May 2008
    Ah.
  • edited May 2008
    I was referring to Sam & Max Wii's...
    Permission to take quote out of context?
  • edited May 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    tv.gif

Amazing!

That is the sex.
  • edited May 2008
    Can't wait to blast Sam & Max music through my stereo!
  • edited May 2008
    ACtually, you can do that now thanks to the Season 1 CD Soundtrack.
  • edited May 2008
    Yeah, but I mean in game.
  • edited May 2008
    Everybody! Check out the Nintendo Channel for a Season One, Episode 4 Blooper Reel!
  • edited May 2008
    Episode 4 only?
  • edited May 2008
    Do you have to have a Wii for that?
  • edited May 2008
    Everybody! Check out the Nintendo Channel for a Season One, Episode 4 Blooper Reel!

Mentioned on previous page (unless they added another one. The one I saw was all Ep. 5 Reality 2.0)

And yes, you need a Wii to se it, but if you've seen the Blooper Reel from The Season 1 DVD or Summer of Sam and Max, you've seen it already.
  • edited May 2008
    That is the sex.

watch yo mouth foo! :mad:
  • edited May 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    watch yo mouth foo! :mad:
    Yeah! You can't say sex on the internet!
  • edited May 2008
    Kedri wrote: »
    *Wishes he could use the wiimote to throw Max*

The thrown max says "WHEE.""WOOSH."
  • edited June 2008
    I actually thought that telltale was telling a lie XD until I opened up the official nintendo magesine and saw a whole double page deticated to sam and max. I almost screamed my head off with joy 8D
  • edited June 2008
    I think that this is great of Telltale NOT to do something new. Then you put the PC guys in the shadows. It sucks, because a lot of times when we get awesome games then they get ported and they have more features than us.
  • edited June 2008
    Orange+ wrote: »
    I think that this is great of Telltale NOT to do something new. Then you put the PC guys in the shadows. It sucks, because a lot of times when we get awesome games then they get ported and they have more features than us.
    Oh, come now. None of your pessimism here! My cynicism can stay, though.
    Anyways, they're basically sticking it on a Wii disk. There's no indication that they're going to add any special features, unless you count widescreen, but... really, now. That's just getting silly.
  • SegSeg
    edited June 2008
    Kitmit13 wrote: »
    I actually thought that telltale was telling a lie XD until I opened up the official nintendo magesine and saw a whole double page deticated to sam and max. I almost screamed my head off with joy 8D
    But.. there's a picture of me playing the game! Is that not proof enough!?!
  • edited June 2008
    I can clearly see a pc next the entertainment unit. Lies, it's photoshop.
  • edited June 2008
    It's not even photoshop! They're just running the PC version. ;)
  • edited June 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    North America, Europe, and Australia.

Wait wait wait wait! Is that true? Will it launch simultaneously?
    So I won't have to import the game?

If that's true I could make a shrine out of Seg's picture
    **runs away to get candles**
  • edited June 2008
    Wait wait wait wait! Is that true? Will it launch simultaneously?
    So I won't have to import the game?

If that's true I could make a shrine out of Seg's picture
    **runs away to get candles**

haha it'll probably be like a week apart for each continent
  • edited June 2008
    If the UK has to wait longer, I'll spaz.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    When the game will release in each territory is something we'll announce when we know.
    edited June 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Oh, come now. None of your pessimism here! My cynicism can stay, though.
    Anyways, they're basically sticking it on a Wii disk. There's no indication that they're going to add any special features, unless you count widescreen, but... really, now. That's just getting silly.

We're doing the game justice on the wii, though. Widescreen to you may be "Just getting silly," but it required time on our parts to go and fix all the 4:3 compositions to work at a wider aspect ratio. Also, the UI has been tweaked for consoles, allowing you to select dialog options and inventory items (and browse the menu) with the d-pad as well as with face buttons, and there is a new, pretty episode launcher. The Wii version also marks the return of a favorite Sam & Max cursor of yore.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.