Symbiote Statue!

Comments

• edited April 2008
    They did say it hasen't been approved by Steve yet so i'm sure it'll go through some minor changes still.
  • edited April 2008
    Primarily, I think the character's pupils were misunderstood. I also think that Max's face doesn't have the correct proportions, and that his eyes should be going inwards, should be thinner/smaller and his nose should be much smaller. And the brim on Sam's hat could be a little more shaped or else it'll look Amish, like it does right now. Other than that, its mostly perfect.
  • edited April 2008
    smscomparisonnn3.jpg
  • edited April 2008
    Damn! Dammit! Damnation!

I want one so bad... but this is going to be bruttaly expensive for me. Stupid custom charges from hell!

I promised myself I would never order anything outside of Europe, but there's no way I can pass this up. It's a Sam&Max statue for crying out loud. And it's awesome!

I hope they make enough of these.
  • edited April 2008
    Lookin' great. If i livedin america i'd take it, but the import tax... let's judt say i hope it will be in a store near me in romania :(
  • edited May 2008
    New revised version has been posted! Still not approved by Steve though so it could still be changed some more.

sm15.jpg

Another picture here:http://www.symbiotestudios.com/blog/?p=230
  • edited May 2008
    that's so cool... whhat's the size? I just skimmed the thread and I didn't notice a height on it... If it's reasonable price (and again I skimmed, so if there's a price I missed it) I might splurge on one...
  • edited May 2008
    I can't tell what's changed, if anything. What has changed between the first photo and these photos that were recently taken?
  • edited May 2008
    Sam's nose and mouth, details on the guns and apparently the eyes but I can't tell with them.
  • edited May 2008
    sams hat is quite different too
  • edited May 2008
    The guns I see now, but the hat I'm a bit skeptical about, as the angle of the photograph is different between the first and second photos given how much of the badge/base we see given the perspectives.
  • MelMel
    edited May 2008
    A question that may not have an answer yet (and may possibly be dumb): Will the statue be painted? I would think it would be, but I don't want to assume*.

*Because we know what happens when you assume... :p
  • edited May 2008
    Yeah, it'll be painted. This is just an early model.
    Also, what the hell happened to Sam's eyes? Maybe they're just hidden by the shadow of the hat, but... seriously, that's kind of creepy.
  • edited May 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    The guns I see now, but the hat I'm a bit skeptical about, as the angle of the photograph is different between the first and second photos given how much of the badge/base we see given the perspectives.

the details on the hat are less sharp nameley at the back and it looks like the indent in the hat is no more
  • JaiJai
    edited May 2008
    Luger's a bit stubby. Looks a bit like Megatron, actually.

Not like that would keep me from wanting this statue thingy, of course.
  • edited July 2008
    UPDATE
    Symbiote Studios Announced on their site: "The Sam and Max statue sculpt has been fully approved and is getting it’s paint application right now. We expect the statue to release in September or October. We will have the statue up for pre-order later this month."

I hope I have some spare $$$ by then :D.
  • edited July 2008
    Yaaaaaaaay.
  • edited July 2008
    Any word on if TTG will have it in the store or not?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    That looks pretty cool! I love the sort of matte sheen on the guns.

I never picture Sam's suit being blue, but instead being grey and picking up the light in a blue way. Apparently, everyone else in the world seems to see that differently, though.
  • edited August 2008
    They said it's just a test paint job to get a feel for the colors so I'm sure it'll go through some changes once Steve gets some input
  • edited August 2008
    oh, that's just awesome, the color has a nice feel to it.

Beautiful work you got there.
  • edited August 2008
    any clue what the updates are for this awesome thing.. seems the site does random news posts. Some interesting ones but.. not much about their works unless its new news :P
    Id hate to wake up one day to a sold out statue(even though I check their site daily now)
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah the blog is annoying. It's called "Symbiote News" but it's mostly filled with random posts that no one comments on everyday. Unless you check it frequently you'll probably miss the real news since it gets pushed down the page.

I shouldn't bash it too much. After all, I found out about the movie Tekkonkinkreet from one of the posts. If they wanna do blogs on a variety of topics it's fine, but they should seperate the two.
  • edited August 2008
    the shadings on this statue look way to airbrushy for sam & max, meaning they're somewhat to soft. also, max looks to cute...that's not good. apart from that, the statue looks awesome.
  • edited August 2008
    Ooooo, shiny guns....
  • edited August 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    the shadings on this statue look way to airbrushy for sam & max, meaning they're somewhat to soft. also, max looks to cute...that's not good. apart from that, the statue looks awesome.
    I think it looks a tad brighter in the image, hence the note about the ear color.
  • edited August 2008
    They should make a Max action figure that shoots real bullets and a Sam action figure that eats real food! Then the world would be at peace. Exept for violence and world hunger. Peace is overrated anyways
  • edited August 2008
    I think it would cooler if a Sam toy that shot toy bullets & a toy Max with a stretchable jawline. That would be flippin cool.
  • edited August 2008
    Here are some new images of the statue assembled and painted (not yet finalized though).

http://www.symbiotestudios.com/blog/?p=660
  • edited August 2008
    Here are some new images of the statue assembled and painted (not yet finalized though).

http://www.symbiotestudios.com/blog/?p=660

Oh, here's the thread. I ended up posting this over here.
  • edited August 2008
    Hopefully they tone down Max's huge bulging eyes and make Sam's hat the same colour as his suit (and add a little grey)
  • edited August 2008
    Looks great as it is to me :)

I just hope it won't be too expensive. And that there will enough for everyone :P
  • edited August 2008
    No14 wrote: »
    I just hope it won't be too expensive. And that there will enough for everyone :P

It'll be just under $100 and they are only making 1,000
  • edited August 2008
    either way, its awesome!
  • edited August 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    It'll be just under $100 and they are only making 1,000

Good thing I already don't have the deskspace to get one of these. Not like I had the money to begin with...
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah the hat looks kinda off. I'm still on the fence about getting one, I wait until they post the final version and total price(w/shipping) first.
  • edited August 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Good thing I already don't have the deskspace to get one of these. Not like I had the money to begin with...
    deskspace?...pff...i ran out of "deskspace" like three years ago. now i have collectibles all over the place...also, i ran out of money when i was twelve...and that never was a hindrance to me..sadly.
    ...i am not sure if i will order the statue. it's pretty neat, but somehow i don't feel the urge to buy it. maybe i gots the flu or something...
  • edited September 2008
    In case you guys missed it, there was an update on the statue a couple of days ago as follows:

"Changes:

1. Added stripe in tie knot.
    2. Metallic guns have been made more black and less metallic.
    3. Changed grip color slightly.
    4. Suit and hat are now same color.
    5. Suit and hat are now more grey
    6. Rats more grey brown with flesh colored extremities.
    7. Tomatoes in hot dog are now red.
    8. Base is now black.
    9. Minor tweaking to Max’s eyes and nose.
    10. Secret sauce added into polyresin mix. (Goes great on french fries!) "

They also seem to have a little surprise ready. You can check it out here:http://blogs.ign.com/symbiote_studios/2008/09/14/101461/

I couldn't get the official site to load up for some reason.
  • edited September 2008
    you should mix a little yellow in the Max paint
    Max looks a little stark; it could be intentional though...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.