Symbiote Statue!

1235»

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Ouch, sucks for them to have to do that. They made 500, and have 458 left in stock.
  • edited January 2009
    - Out of Foreign Customs, January 14, 2009, 12:27 pm,
    - Into Foreign Customs, January 14, 2009, 4:19 am,
    - Arrived Abroad, January 14, 2009, 4:19 am,
    - International Dispatch, January 10, 2009, 11:20 am,

I don't know if I'm reading this right... but I think they just flown through customs... no additional fees for me! Yaaay :D:D
    After these wonderful news I just hope it gets here in good condition.
    I might get it tomorrow or Friday.
    Can't wait!
  • edited January 2009
    Wow, that statue sure looks amazing! I wish I could buy one too, but sadly I don't have the money.. And shipping to Finland would make it even more expensive. (I already ordered the Animated Series DVD a few days ago, anyway. :D)

But, congrats to everyone who have got it! :) It must be even prettier in it's real size and all.
  • edited January 2009
    Got home today and there it was! :D:D:D

HPIM2853.jpg
    HPIM2855.jpg

Here are all the parts unassembled

HPIM2857.jpg

This statue doesn't use pegs but rather indentations to hold the characters, which is interesting

HPIM2858.jpg

And here is the gaming world's most famous "couple", fully assembled

HPIM2861.jpg
    HPIM2865.jpg
    HPIM2866.jpg
    HPIM2867.jpg
    HPIM2868.jpg
    HPIM2871.jpg
    HPIM2873.jpg
    HPIM2888.jpg
    HPIM2890.jpg

A word of praise to Symbiote Studios, they did a wonderful job in creating such a great art piece out of these two.
  • edited January 2009
    The detail on the statue certainly is superb, but it's so blinking big! Not that I'm complaining, just more of it to love :D ...but where the Hell am I going to put it?! Guess I've finaly got motivation to have a clear out.

Also in case anyone was wondering, it got through to the UK with no customs charges.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    We got a few of them in the office today! Of course Doug, David, and Mike started screwing around, playing with powers they could not comprehend...

3199937330_060bb29d4a.jpg?v=0

3199104995_7c00c883a0.jpg?v=0

Normal image:

3199102373_9306d4879c.jpg?v=0

(all photos c/o Doug)
  • edited January 2009
    Jake, that first image made me think of some really bad Shakespeare parody involving Max's Skull.

BTW, how much do you think the statue is worth now that Steve autographed it for you guys?
  • edited January 2009
    haha, love the second image :D Max should have a speech bubble:

"PUT YOUR HANDS DOWN FOR GOD'S SAKE! And give my fuzzy head back." XD

I feel rather envious now after seeing all these images. :) And a signed one even? Oooh!
  • edited January 2009
    lucky dogs with purcells sig.. nice silver pen.. droool.. (i love silver)
    anyone else think the tie could have used an extra peg ? mine falls out and spins a bit

BTW got the new statue in no problems this time! WHOOT
  • edited January 2009
    JosephGD wrote: »
    In case anyone is interested Symbiote Studios sent this in an email this week.

"STYKMAN IS FREE: We want everyone to be able to see our products up close. So as a gift to our e-mail subscribers (and anyone else who finds this code), we are offering our Stykman Statue free of charge. All you pay for is shipping and this awesome statue can be yours. Type in the code STYKMANSAVE in the promo code field of your cart to receive this gift.
    "

ouch! It's till $15 just for shipping. I was expecting like $5.99

If your ordering the S+M statue, this is great, but not worth it to get it alone... (unless you actually like stykman, and personally I've never even heard of him...)
  • edited January 2009
    urmm in case you didnt know shipping is by weight and this is not light... its not heavy compared to a car.. but vs even stykman.. its huge

very worth it to get it alone .. and it was 11$ priority shipping from az to ca...
  • edited January 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    "Why are you carrying that smouldering dishrag around like a hand puppet?"
  • edited January 2009
    *grins at Schwoo*
  • edited January 2009
    Kaldire wrote: »
    anyone else think the tie could have used an extra peg ?

Yeah, especially at the top since mine has a tendency to skew slightly to the left or right of the tie's knot (although that's partly because the left side of Max's head is pressing against the tie itself). Other than that, I couldn't be happier. The statue's fantastic. :D
    Shwoo wrote: »

FTW!
  • edited January 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »

I was thinking along the lines of "That's a crazy dog! And he's got a bunny for a hand!". :p
  • edited February 2009
    I just ordered mine today, which to Aus is gonna cost me AUS$218 (ouch, US $139... damned exchange rate and exorbitant shipping costs), but SO worth it.

When I saw this was released via Kotaku last week I giggled and bounced up and down on my chair... til I worked out how much it was going to cost, and the fact I didn't have enough til my next pay day (Feb 15)...

... so I sold a bunch of Xbox 360 games and highly-limited edition DVD boxsets on eBay... I wanted it that much. Oh yes, I did.

Now if it's lost or damaged in transit I may just die. Seriously.
  • edited February 2009
    Love the pics everyone has posted! Gonna have to order mine when I get back home. I just hope its not sold out. Its been almost a month and I totally missed this thread.
  • edited February 2009
    anyone get an annoying black mark on the statue? i cant get mine out and never have dropped it and it was fine when shipped. I tried rubbing it off but it seems it might be a scratch showing the under grey/black. no clue..

im so afraid i just put the statue away.. not to be displayed :( safe n sound though!
  • edited February 2009

I would say 'use your noodle' but it could lead to dangerous consequences.
  • edited February 2009
    For those who may have missed it weeks ago, Symbiote Studios quoted and thanked many of us who posted in this thread on their blog.

http://www.symbiotestudios.com/blog/?p=1256

Edit: I do not nor have I ever used the word "rad", they should get over it.
  • edited February 2009
    woah they used my quotes lol
  • edited February 2009
    Whoo! Mine finally arrived today. I made a picture:

erbsamnmaxstatue.jpg
  • edited February 2009
    You know, I have never come across someone with a copy of The Movies. Is it a good game or are the reviews right in calling it "meh?"
  • edited February 2009
    It's pretty "meh", yeah. I grabbed it from the bargain bin for only $5 or so.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    How's the Maya animation and rigging going?
  • edited February 2009
    How's the Maya animation and rigging going?

LOL :D Very good. I'm currently walking though Digital Tutor's cartoon characters series. They have excellent training material.

More questions? :D
  • edited February 2009
    Hopefully I should have enough to order one soon.
  • edited February 2009
    Zeek wrote: »
    You know, I have never come across someone with a copy of The Movies. Is it a good game or are the reviews right in calling it "meh?"

I thought it was a pretty decent game, plus I have the Stunts & Effects expansion pack. It cleverly has two gameplay elements with the movie making and the management of the park, although there is a slight disconnection between the two. However, the movie making tools are really neat and you can make some really clever movies if you put your mind to it.
  • edited February 2009
    Well whaddaya know? I just ordered one for me! :D I never believed this day would come.

Today was our family's official house cleaning day, and I was alone at home.. I decided to surprise my parents and clean up the whole house before them :D It took hours and I was quite exhausted after, but my mom got so delighted after getting back from work so she gave me the permission to order the statue! :)

I just hope my package will come home safely and unharmed. :D *dances around happily*
  • edited February 2009
    Hi all.
    I just got my statue today, and love it, but i have a question. Anyone tried to glue it together? I had it fall apart 3 times just trying toi find out where to put it, not sure ill keep being lucky when it falls apart :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.