Symbiote Statue!

Comments

• edited October 2008
    It would be about $210, actually. Glad I preordered before the drop, making it about $160, $180, something around there.
  • edited December 2008
    http://www.symbiotestudios.com/blog/?p=1208

Well, they're on their way to the 'States as of 9 days ago. I really hope to have mine before X-mas. Or at least before 2009.
  • edited December 2008
    I can't wait personally, the only thing that kinda sucks is how big it is... I can't display it where I'd like to, I have to put it up on a shelf. Oh well, its still totally awesome... they said if these sell well they might make others, I'd kinda like one of them in/on the DeSoto.
  • edited December 2008
    I'm still so tempted to buy one now since it's so beautiful but the shipping is sooooo expensive!
  • edited December 2008
    Damn pound has fallen so badly recently, its simply not economical for me to buy import from the US anymore. I can barely afford the stuff on digital distribution. Hopefully I can get hold of one in the future, once the economy's stabilised itself and Sterling is back as the top currency. I'd love to get that statue.
  • edited December 2008
    A quick update:
    Our awesome Sam and Max statue arrives at the port of Los Angeles on December 21. Then hopefully the statue container does not get held over by homeland security. Either way we will have Sam and Max in your homes before the end of December.

Just the last bit of news I've been waiting to hear (well, other than a "your item has shipped!" email). Awesome. :D
  • edited December 2008
    Why do I automatically think "sweatshop" when I see "Hong Kong" and "hand painted" together in one answer? ^^; I kinda feel bad now...
  • edited December 2008
    Breakman wrote: »
    Why do I automatically think "sweatshop" when I see "Hong Kong" and "hand painted" together in one answer? ^^; I kinda feel bad now...

They mentioned all toys are made outside the US. I don't think it's a big deal.
  • edited December 2008
    Statue shipped today. Also some nice size comparisons on the blog.

smgijoe-225x300.jpg
  • edited December 2008
    I wish it was made of chocolate, and sold inexpensively at local corner stores. :)
  • jmmjmm
    edited December 2008
    I just received an email from Jowood.
    They are holding a contest and giving away 3 statues.

The sign-up page can be found here

Be prepared though, the site is not completely translated to English. You may encounter German (error) messages.
  • edited January 2009
    Hey a bunch arrived for the people in the office who preordered:

Just set mine up at home: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tabacco/3178033955/
  • MelMel
    edited January 2009
    tabacco wrote: »
    Hey a bunch arrived for the people in the office who preordered:

Just set mine up at home: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tabacco/3178033955/

Very nice! When was the last time you dusted? :p
    It's been ages for me...
  • edited January 2009
    As a guy, my answer is 'never' ;)
  • edited January 2009
    I wish someone would make a replica Freelance Police badge...

none the less awesome statue, wish I could afford it... props to those who can!
  • edited January 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    I wish someone would make a replica Freelance Police badge...

I think my friends might actually fall for it.
    Me: *Points squirtgun and pulls out badge* Freeze!
    Michelle: Since when are YOU a cop? *Puts hands up*
  • edited January 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    I think my friends might actually fall for it.
    Me: *Points squirtgun and pulls out badge* Freeze!
    Michelle: Since when are YOU a cop? *Puts hands up*

lol! Sadly I know a lot of people who would fall for it...

Ironically I didnt want it for malevolent purposes though, I wanted it to hang on the wall...
  • edited January 2009
    I got my statue.. but it was damaged.. the outer box was smashed and it looked to be kicked on the side..
    inside only the small things and sam survived.. the plaque broken almost in half.. gun snapped at the tip.. and all the foam that should have protected it was cracked and broken apart (as soon as I took it out of the box it fell apart like popcorn falling from a half eaten bucket.

Idk what to do.. since they are limited edition. last time I shop there my friends. Great statue though.. so it seems. they just need to work on shippin and packaging
  • edited January 2009
    Kaldire wrote: »
    I got my statue.. but it was damaged.. the outer box was smashed and it looked to be kicked on the side..
    inside only the small things and sam survived.. the plaque broken almost in half.. gun snapped at the tip.. and all the foam that should have protected it was cracked and broken apart (as soon as I took it out of the box it fell apart like popcorn falling from a half eaten bucket.

Idk what to do.. since they are limited edition. last time I shop there my friends. Great statue though.. so it seems. they just need to work on shippin and packaging

I'd contact Symbiote and see if they'll file a UPS claim on your behalf and ship you a new one. Make sure you save all of the packaging as-is though. UPS sometimes wants documentation when damage claims are made.

I think they were packed just fine, honestly, but you can't realistically guard against all damage. I mean, it sounds like a layer of peanuts inside the outer box probably wouldn't have saved it from whatever happened.
  • edited January 2009
    I dont know about the rest of you but I regularly get damaged (sometimes severely damaged) packages from UPS. I actually refuse to ship with them when I sell stuff, and I ask all sellers I buy from for other options. Only reliable shipping service I've found is DHL, but even USPS does better than UPS...

Good luck with your claim, you'll need it. brand new $1100 laptop with the lid busted inward almost like a huge hammer hit it (through the box, packing, and through the laptop lid --- looks suspiciously like a forklift tong hit it) and ultimately I had to go to the manufacturer, UPS said basically they had no responsibility for the damage...
  • edited January 2009
    im tempted to just buy another (if they really are not sold out) and asking them to ship it better.
    The packaging look well done foam wise but, as you said cant protect against random variables. So far no reply from SS but.. ill give it a few days.

btw anyone get the little symbiotes as well? my printout says 1 then its crossed out and a 0 was put in its place.. im hoping that they just havent shipped them yet ..
    (i dont see pics here so!)

as for ups I have the same problems when I get ebay stuffs that say FRAGILE or DONT BEND.. and its always bent or broken like they do it on purpose. Maybe I should write
    Please shake hard.. or bend a lot! maybe then they will treat it right? lol
  • edited January 2009
    Just buy another? I wouldn't give in so easily. I'd raise hell until things are settled.
  • edited January 2009
    It would be great we can get that item through the store GTT, after all this is fantastic reply.
  • edited January 2009
    I received my statue yesterday, and I must say that I am very impressed. It has a good weight to it, and is very large. I was a bit surprised that the statue came in pieces and had to be assembled, but it fits together easily and stays together nicely without glue. I only have one minor gripe, which is that it would have been nice if a certificate of authenticity was included.
  • edited January 2009
    That sucks Kaldire. I'd agree, send Symbiote an email and I'm sure they'll sort it out for you. If you do want to order another there are still 670 remaining in stock so I don't imagine that will be a problem, but you should be able to get a replacement. Send an email to info@symbiotestudios.com - often their replies don't get through though, so I'd suggest also leaving a comment on their blog here http://www.symbiotestudios.com/blog/ and ask them to tell you when they've replied, so you can ask them to send it again should it not work. I've had that happen before (email not getting through), but when I have managed to get in touch they've been very helpful. You may just need to try twice or so.

Edit: According to a comment on the blog, the Symbiotes are shipping separately, and are presumably not ready.
  • edited January 2009
    Symbiote studios ROCKS... they had no problem replacing the item and shipping with a different method to avoid a further hassle!
    I recommend these cats, they are super nice and really made my day when they replied saying "never fear! symbiote studios is here!"

and yep the symbiotes are not ready ! everyone get your butts over there and get some stuffs!!! You wont regret how awesome the people and items really are.
  • edited January 2009
    Sounds like they've taken a leaf from Telltale's customer service guide. :)
  • edited January 2009
    That's good to hear man..I'm gonna order that statue soon
  • edited January 2009
    Sounds like they've taken a leaf from Telltale's customer service guide. :)

No...

No other company can be as awesome about CS/PR as TTG is! :D:D:D
  • edited January 2009
    @Hero1 - I'd do it fast before our dollar drops again.

@Ashton - TTG are probably the best company I've ever seen in terms of customer service. SS seem to be trying though. :)
  • edited January 2009
    Just received my Sam and Max statue from Symbiote on Friday. Thankfully I had no problem with shipping, I was a little concerned when I saw that they where in stock and it still hadn't arrived. I had pre-ordered mine in October but when I posted a message on their website on the 6th they emailed me a tracking number and 3 days later I received my Statue. Symbiote customer service has been awesome, so far I've emailed them 3 times and they always got back to me the next day. I am so happy with the quality of this piece and had been following all the changes that they've made over the past couple months, all I have to say if you haven't order one yet now is the time it is defiantly worth the $75 dollars. I feel bad for those who live out of the US and have to pay a ridiculous amount for shipping, but it will still be cheaper than waiting a year from now and buying it on ebay for $300.
  • edited January 2009
    I just got mine and it's awesome :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    I got mine the other day. Much like the old Comic-Con costume, this thing looks far more impressive, and accurate, in person. (Also, to a far higher degree than the Comic-Con costume, of course :) ) I'm very glad I bought one!
  • edited January 2009
    Steve has links to reviews about the statue on his blog.
  • edited January 2009
    Mine arrived today (Australia), and it's awesome. Love it.
  • edited January 2009
    I just ordered mine. I't hasn't arrived yet, but I cant wait :D
  • edited January 2009
    Argh, I wish I had the money. :(
  • edited January 2009
    If you really want one, try and buy one asap. There's 647 in stock at the moment, so you've probably got another month or two before they sell out at this rate.
  • edited January 2009
    I'd love one but I've already packed up ALL my sitarounds due to lack of space...
  • edited January 2009
    In case anyone is interested Symbiote Studios sent this in an email this week.

"STYKMAN IS FREE: We want everyone to be able to see our products up close. So as a gift to our e-mail subscribers (and anyone else who finds this code), we are offering our Stykman Statue free of charge. All you pay for is shipping and this awesome statue can be yours. Type in the code STYKMANSAVE in the promo code field of your cart to receive this gift.
    "
Sign in to comment in this discussion.