Symbiote Statue!

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Sounds like Steve spotted all the needed changes.

I am exited now.
  • edited September 2008
    From the blog http://www.symbiotestudios.com/blog/

"We are happy to announce that we will start taking pre-orders for our extremely limited edition Sam and Max statue on September 29th for release in early December. This statue will have under 1,000 pieces made world wide and retail for only $75. The item is huge in scale with the top reaching over 12 inches and the base over 10 inches wide. The entire statue is very heavy in weight yet most shipping to locations in the United States will be around $10. Each statue is hand numbered, shows the limited edition mark and has the Sam and Max logo.

Due to the limited edition of this piece and the high demand for this item all pre-orders must be paid in full at the time of order. We do this to make sure that only serious collectors and fans have an opportunity to purchase this piece of art.

As an added bonus all those who order will receive $5 off our next Sam and Max item which we will be announcing shortly. The next Sam and Max item retails for under $25, so $5 is a major savings. We hope to have the new items approved for pre-order by September 29th.

Thanks for all your support and look for new images of the statue coming soon."
  • edited September 2008
    $75 for a 12" x 10" x 10" numbered statue? Not a bad deal.

Again, I wish I had shelf/desk space for it. Good buy to anyone that orders one!
  • edited September 2008
    I'm sadly going to pass on this, as I have no money for it. :(
  • edited September 2008
    I'm in! :)
  • edited September 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I'm in! :)

And, something tells me, we will see a Blog post about this once you get it and it is on your desk, right?
  • edited September 2008
    I'm sure every employee at Telltale will be buying one. I'm not sure how many employee's there are, but that'll be a big chunk out of the 1,000.
  • edited September 2008
    I do want this, but it's a little big and I know it's just going to collect dust...

I'm looking forward to the $25.00 item though, whatever it is.
  • edited September 2008
    I hope it's not a bobble head.
  • edited September 2008
    Speaking of which, it looks like Symbiote just released more info about that item, too. A-like a-so:

symbiotesizechart.gif

Heh. I like 'em! (And nope -- no bobble heads in sight, as far as I can tell. :) )
  • edited September 2008
    I'm all over the $75 statue..they won't last long if theres only a 1000.. especially once the wii release comes out and theres high awareness of sam and max
  • edited September 2008
    Sam and Max munny dolls. :D
  • edited September 2008
    I always wanted a Sam action figure with a large, removable head and the ability to wield deadly black marketed weapons! Best of all, they're made of environmentally friendly PVC plastic! :D
  • edited September 2008
    Oh, it's up for preorder? I'm worried how much postage to the UK is. :( I would love to buy one!
  • edited September 2008
    especially once the wii release comes out and theres high awareness of sam and max

I think everyone who's going to play Season 1 on the Wii has already heard of the game...
  • edited September 2008
    I wasted time until midnight rolled around and finally ordered mine at 12:54am. I can now go to bed happy... =_=
  • edited September 2008
    Oh man, the postage to Finland costs about the same as the statue itself :( (+22% customs tax on delivery)
  • edited September 2008
    Gah, I can't afford it. :(
  • edited September 2008
    I was hoping that the shipping would be affordable, but seeing as the shipping is estimated to $72, and that I would have to pay 25% import tax on the sum of the product as well as the shipping, then the total would be $183.75. It's a nice statue, but unless I won the lottery (which would be a miracle, since I never participate), I will just have to save my money for something else Sam & Max-related. :D
  • edited September 2008
    Argh... shipping is murder and customs are going to rape my wallet... but I ordered one anyway.
    I had already been saving some € to my paypal account and the total cost surpassed 10 usd from what I had kept, but what the heck. It's one of those once in a lifetime buys for me (I never have, and probably never will again, order anything from the good ol' USA).
    I just really hope I don't regret it. The possibility of it arriving in pieces will hunt me till christmas...
    Anyone else here from Europe comitted this act of lunacy? :D
  • edited September 2008
    I ordered one from Australia. I don't think I'll get charged at customs, but the $72 shipping fee hurt. Still, for something that awesome I can't pass it up.
  • edited September 2008
    I decided to buy one even though I said I wouldn't.
    However, in my case it's not going to put much of a dent in my wallet if any.
    I'd recommend not buying it if money is tight for you...saying this as an Accountant.
  • edited September 2008
    i got 2 statues and 2 symbiotie lil buddie things total of 190 + 20 shipping
    I ordered like, right when the SOB went on sale! one for my brother one for meeee
  • edited October 2008
    £35 shipping + whatever customs charge me? No thanks. :(
  • edited October 2008
    shipping is a real killer :(
  • edited October 2008
    How much would it cos to send to the UK? I need to work out which bank to rob.
  • edited October 2008
    Go through the ordering process to find out, you can cancel after you've discovered it (if you like). It's probably $72US, that seems to be the standard international rate.
  • edited October 2008
    Sam and Max statue is even bigger. This thing is huge!

Link: http://www.symbiotestudios.com/blog/?p=990
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Wow that's ridiculous! The color looks really great in that photo.
  • edited October 2008
    I wonder if their sculpturer used that expanding foam plastic I was looking at for a project I never completed. I'm told that if you don't seal it with resin, it will expand at 50% its original volume over night every night until sealed or until it becomes bloated with air.
  • edited October 2008
    I just ordered one. Somehow I missed that they were taking preorders, and was terrified that they'd be out of 'em. Whew!
  • edited October 2008
    The statue of the two biggest soul donators to hell. sniff....
  • edited October 2008
    New image on the web site

smstatue275.jpg
  • edited October 2008
    Looks perfect!
  • edited October 2008
    I'd be tempted, even at $75 USD but international shipping will be a real bitch.
  • edited October 2008
    Mmm, tempted yes... but nooo international shipping will kill. I'm gonna look into it however because damn that's cool. The promo they had wasn't as awesome.
  • edited October 2008
    Shipping - $70.50 - USPS Priority Mail United Kingdom

OUCH!
  • edited October 2008
    even better
  • edited October 2008
    now make a strong bad.
  • edited October 2008
    Shipping - $70.50 - USPS Priority Mail United Kingdom

OUCH!

with the aussie dollar diving this statue would cost me nearly $300 which I just cant justify getting..
Sign in to comment in this discussion.