Walking dead season 2 Error

Comments

• First time i decided to buy direct from you seems be the last again steam from here on out!! Even people who downloaded cracked version losing you money can play thanks for nothing

• Bought it on gmg and thought I will get a steam key, but I didnt, then I tried to play it the "normal way" without steam and it does not work, Why? I payed for the game so I wanna play it. Please give me a steam key and everything will be fine.

• I was the same. they should have told us it wasn't for steam, then I wouldn't have bothered

LuxDroid posted: »

Bought it on gmg and thought I will get a steam key, but I didnt, then I tried to play it the "normal way" without steam and it does not work, Why? I payed for the game so I wanna play it. Please give me a steam key and everything will be fine.

• I'm having the same problem too. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed about not being able to play, but the fact is Telltale's game servers are going to be getting more simultaneous connections today than they are likely to get at any other time until, well, the release day of The Walking Dead Season 3, and it would be pretty tough financially for them to manage a server backbone / software network capable of handling what's being asked of it today, only to have half of it's capacity sitting idle the other 364 days of the year. I know people are questioning the need for a single-player game to connect to their servers at all, but the social aspects and data redundancy of a connected single player experience is becoming what people expect from today's games, and it would be a tough call for Telltale to buck those trends just to avoid some occasional server SNAFUs.

I know it's cold comfort for the superfans who scheduled their day around this release only to be disappointed, but I'm pretty sure in a month from now we'll all be thinking about the fun we had playing this game, not server errors the first day we tried to log on.

Just my 2 cents, anyway.

• But in steam, it saves on cloud. So the game doesn't know how to find the saves from the cloud, because my saves aren't in that folder.

tronix posted: »

Season 2 will look for Seasaon 1 saves in this location: PC: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Telltale Games\WalkingDead Mac: ~/Library/Applica

• It wont be transported, Steam saves on cloud not on PC. The season two game tries to find it from your PC not from the steam cloud so it never finds your saves or your decisions. This sucks.

hickory7293 posted: »

ok, now to wait for the servers to be fixed

• Ups, accidently down voted the post, sorry mate :\

We are currently looking into the server connection issues, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

• you are kidding, right? that was the whole reason of buying season 2 :o

Chisaleya posted: »

It wont be transported, Steam saves on cloud not on PC. The season two game tries to find it from your PC not from the steam cloud so it never finds your saves or your decisions. This sucks.

• Here is what should happen. On day 1 of release they turn off signing in to play. Then if they feel the need to have people sign in do it after the mad rush. Pirates are going to pirate it no matter what you put in place to stop it. Stop screwing over the people who pay for games.

gecks77 posted: »

I'm having the same problem too. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed about not being able to play, but the fact is Telltale's game

• edited December 2013

I have tried all the "suggestions" but I still receive Can´t Communicate to connect to the Telltalle servers error.
    Logged to Web and run game, Logged out and run game. Used ALT+F4 to close each time too. Alternated beetween user name and email address and no luck.

We are currently looking into the server connection issue, I apologize for the inconvenience. In the mean time I have a few suggestions you ca

• I bought my game from Gamefly and it's page said at the time:"Steam required." You would assume that it was a Steam copy. WRONG! Now I'm stuck with this server nonsense. What a waste of money...

• God almighty. Same for me. What is it with people these days - buy something and it doesn't work. DRM stinks. TTG, what are you doing about this? You can at least suspend the sale of the game through your site as nobody can bloody play the thing.

• Yeah, it doesn't work on steam. Steam community is exploding because the game doesn't find the save files from the season one.

you are kidding, right? that was the whole reason of buying season 2

• edited December 2013

Having the same problem. Sucks to have to go through this, especially for a single player game.

• Still, you have to connect to the internet for playing offline.

Mistakes are easily made. Underestimating server capacity is forgivable. Screwing paying users by faulty security measures isn't. You can't do this to customers. When I buy a game, I get treated like a potential criminal going through all kinds of security measures. When I pirate a game, I don't.
    Well, fuck them (telltale) too. Bullying paying customers won't do them good. This might very well be the last game I bought from them. (Unless it would be a yet unreleased sam&max ofcourse.)

NorFear posted: »

This is Telltale, not EA or Activision...

• edited December 2013

Mine stops here.

Alt text

Sigh, PC games...

• This is an embarrassment. This is the very reason people pirate games/movies. It's quicker and easier.

I for one got Season One on the Humble Bundle Sale and felt bad for how little I paid for such a brilliant game. But now after paying full price for a game that I haven't been able to play for hours after installing, I feel cheated as a customer. Especially knowing that pirates are playing with no issues. I am very disappointed in you TTG.

Perhaps in the future you should release DRM free games and leave a donate option inside the game menu. This way your paying customers won't be screwed and who knows maybe even pirates have hearts and will feel guilted into paying.

tekktyle posted: »

Seriously, what the hell. Stop punishing your customers with DRM. There shouldn't be any log-in required for this game at all. If, for some m

• It works on steam but It doesn't fetch your saves from season 1.

Arthas-Sama posted: »

About two hours and this isn't working. This is an awful release for a great game... I should have bought it on steam u_u"

• No less than tried 65 times switching username and email address still no joys :(

We are currently looking into the server connection issue, I apologize for the inconvenience. In the mean time I have a few suggestions you ca

• Same here.

Condemned15 posted: »

I bought my game from Gamefly and it's page said at the time:"Steam required." You would assume that it was a Steam copy. WRONG! Now I'm stuck with this server nonsense. What a waste of money...

• I guess everyone has to deal with it. I'll try again later maybe.

• I'm as patient as they come but having waiting this time already with friends playing who bought directly through Steam for more just annoys the shit out of me.

Not only that but I bought this twice for me and the other half and I'm sat here like "Ummm, yeah we can't play yet sorry".

I'd quite like my Steam key now please, your support have said you're not able to but I call bullshit tbh.

• They did.

I was the same. they should have told us it wasn't for steam, then I wouldn't have bothered

• I prefer that insted of can't play at all.

It works on steam but It doesn't fetch your saves from season 1.

• Why is this nonsense still not fixed?

• I haven't been able to connect yet but Steam most certainly saves to your HDD. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to load games in offline mode.

Yeah, it doesn't work on steam. Steam community is exploding because the game doesn't find the save files from the season one.

• screw this, I'm buying the steam version, and when TTG support gets to me, I'm demanding a Steam key to 'Wolf Among Us' as that's the only game from TTG I don't have and I doubt Gamefly will give me a refund.

• Not working for me either. I get the same error. I'd imagine it'd be fixed by tomorrow... but I don't want to wait until tomorrow...

• I'm gonna make a video about it

• edited December 2013

Seriously????
    You are telling us to weaken our password because technicly you are so bad you cannot handle ? or ! or others caracters?
    Whoa, it's... how don't know how to say it because it is so bad.
    When I remember that you dont care about adding a simple keybinding menu in season one (in one all fucking year!) and it bother me for the all fucking play, I cant remember why I bought season 2 instead of pirating it.
    Shame on you.

HELL, THERE IS NOT A EVEN A FUCKING WAY TO EXIT THE GAME WHEN WE ARE STUCK WE THER SERVER CONNECTION! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??????

• As someone who has been a loyal customer for many years, this is absolutely terrible.

We shouldn't have to put up with this DRM nonsense.

• and now the game wont launch at all. thewalkingdead.exe has stopped working? I haven't had any system changes? what a wreck. I'll try later tonight.

• Give users with have this problem Steam Key or their money back. Nice and easy solution to this Problem.

• lesson is dont buy direct as company cant run a server for clients.total bull.I never even got a email saying it was ready for download etc as promised .Then i found out i cant activate via steam(i can live with that but still not happy,kept looking for key to redeem)
    Way to follow up on being awarded and praised by totally messing up your launch beyond minor issues....cant even log in? thats the biggest insult to a buyer.

• Same issue here. "Can't communicate with Telltale Servers".

• Ludicrous it boggles the mind as to why Telltale didn't just release steam keys.

• that's why people download pirated copies -.- Honest people suffer

• Steam takes 30%, that's why.

Volzagia posted: »

Ludicrous it boggles the mind as to why Telltale didn't just release steam keys.

• Only selected games on steam save on cloud, and even there they also save on your hdd.

It wont be transported, Steam saves on cloud not on PC. The season two game tries to find it from your PC not from the steam cloud so it never finds your saves or your decisions. This sucks.

• The security measures arent the problem here, its obviously a underestimating of the needed server capacity for a smooth launch...

ThijssjihT posted: »

Still, you have to connect to the internet for playing offline. Mistakes are easily made. Underestimating server capacity is forgivable. Sc

This discussion has been closed.