Walking dead season 2 Error

Comments

• after I tried to delete the registry as suggested above I just got error message saying that the system was unable to find the specified registry key or value... this is hopeless... :(

Anyone has the same problem?

This may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window) Windows XP:

• Dude this isn't obviously working. Just give us all a steam code and we'll be happy.

This may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window) Windows XP:

• edited December 2013

Would love to play this amazing game, but unfortunately it tells me I don't own it.

• Dont helped :(

• You have to use this Code:

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher

without the "

ksmigiel posted: »

after I tried to delete the registry as suggested above I just got error message saying that the system was unable to find the specified registry key or value... this is hopeless... Anyone has the same problem?

• Exactly, first it took forever to even get past the server connection error and, when i do, I somehow didn't pay for the game I brought weeks in advance....I'll try again late tonight when hopefully a bit more of the kinks are worked out or less people are on the servers.

RBrim08 posted: »

Nice copy-paste reply from another game. Really shows that Telltale support is on the ball with this one. Additionally, I just tried this and I'm still not getting anywhere. Keeps saying I don't own the game that I paid money for.

• Last time I buy from Telltale again Steam all the way now!

• tronixtronix Telltale Alumni

I'd never do that. I've gone by tronix forever since it was my nickname in high school because I made guitar effects. How'd you come up with Tonrix?

Tonrix posted: »

Did you almost steal my username?

• Going into Command prompt and entering this finally resolved the connection / you don't own this game issues. Playing as we speak.

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

We have now solved the server issue, please restart the game and attempt to log in again, and the issue should be resolved. If you are still experiencing log in errors, please reply with what your error message says, and whether you are on PC or Mac, and whether your on Steam or playing through Telltale.

• It works now. I'm happy. Happy holidays.

• Excellent work! Thank you for helping us out! You rock, TelltaleMike.

We have now solved the server issue, please restart the game and attempt to log in again, and the issue should be resolved. If you are still e

• edited December 2013

Found this on a another post:

"I assume many are running a 64bit, if so you will have to delete it from the 64bit reg:

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Paste - %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit

Then go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games" and delete the 'launcher' folder.

Try firing it up again and see if it works. Costs nothing to try and this worked for me."

Source: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/comment/890836#Comment_890836

It worked for me so if you have 64bit you should try.

Edit: dont now how i got this white box but you can at least see what it says.

• edited December 2013

I tried it, but it didn't work at that time.

Shakalen posted: »

Found this on a another post: "I assume many are running a 64bit, if so you will have to delete it from the 64bit reg: Windows Vista / 7

• It finally worked for me. You might want to try again, just in case.

• Doesnt work for me at all!!!!

Found this on a another post: "I assume many are running a 64bit, if so you will have to delete it from the 64bit reg: Windows Vista / 7

• It is working now - tip for the others: might want to try the reg delete command more than one time, for me it did the trick

We have now solved the server issue, please restart the game and attempt to log in again, and the issue should be resolved. If you are still e

• For me it's working, finally. Nevertheless, i really feel you disrespected my trust in you and what "pre-order" means, and keeping the DRM it's just pure nonsense. So, i assure i will never ever buy anything from you again. You've lost a (paying) costumer. And if more like me would do this, maybe the companies would just stop with this kind of behaviour. Farewell.

• I'm still unable to connect

If you are still experiencing errors with logging in, please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com with your issue, whether you are on PC or Mac, and if your playing through Steam or Telltale. We will attempt to assist you in any way we can.

• now working and completed ep 1, happy days. clem is so dark and cheeky now.

• this was a massive waste of money ¬_¬

Chisaleya posted: »

Well I couldn't open the walking dead season one on offline mode since it cant reach cloud. So it doesn't save it on "HDD".

• It worked for me, after launching the game had to input my username and password and it loaded.

• Deleting the reg folder didn't work at all. After putting up with this all the way through Season 1, I'm going to wait a couple of days.

• deleting reg folder worked for me

• edited December 2013

I decided to go to sleep and let them sort it out. I tried again this morning with all the fixes people seem to suggest like the HKEY fix, lo and behold it's still not working.

Will you by any chance be offering refunds so that people can buy the Steam version instead?

• Were not gonna have to buy the game again are we? I will be very pissed if so, and when do you guys think this will be fixed? Very angry at teltale -_-

• I can now log in, but it says I don't have season 1 save data =/ I bought season 1 and 400 days on steam

If you are still experiencing errors with logging in, please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com with your issue, whether y

• edited December 2013

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

It would be funny if it was because he has a ton of guitar rigs...

tronix posted: »

I'd never do that. I've gone by tronix forever since it was my nickname in high school because I made guitar effects. How'd you come up with Tonrix?

• I dunno I played Season 1 on Steam and it most definitely saved my games to my HDD. Season 2 was able to find them even as I was logged out of Steam.

Chisaleya posted: »

Well I couldn't open the walking dead season one on offline mode since it cant reach cloud. So it doesn't save it on "HDD".

• I have found a solution to the login error. I disabled my firewall and was able to play the game. So try disabling your firewall or adding WalkingDead2.exe to your firewall exception list and that should do the trick. I hope this helps. Please give thumbs up or reply if this works for you so others will know.

• Server capacity they wouldn't need if they wouldn't treat me like a potential criminal. It's a single player game. You don't need servers for that.

NorFear posted: »

The security measures arent the problem here, its obviously a underestimating of the needed server capacity for a smooth launch...

Are you still experiencing an issue? Can you please clarify what your issue is, and I would be glad to assist you with it.

ThijssjihT posted: »

Server capacity they wouldn't need if they wouldn't treat me like a potential criminal. It's a single player game. You don't need servers for that.

• It managed to find the game files for me easily! I just saw this discussion now but i would have posted this a 2 weeks ago when i got the game :D

• I've got the same problem. Won't load, and now the key doesn't work. This sucks. And that includes Telltale - a site where you cannot get hold of a human, but only get to read the same concerns and complaints by others suckered into having to use this service. Terrible choice by Amazon!!! Jeff - you should be ashamed.

Can you please clarify what you mean by it won't load? Are you unable to launch the game? Can you launch the game, but not connect to the servers? Also, if your activation key doesn't work, have you already used it, or is it not working at all?

• I am having same problem in Australia. Main screen... "Click here to begin"... "Cannot connect to Telltale servers" 'OK'... I am not very computer savvy.. Allowed it through the firewall... tried the Reg fix could not get that to work... very frustrating!!

• same for me "cannot communicate with telltale server"

edited January 2014

Please try the registry delete again, as this has been the solution for most users.

Here are the instructions for people who have not tried them yet.

Please open a command window (Below are instructions on how to open a command window).

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter
    Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(When putting in the Registry delete command, please make sure that when you paste it into the command window, that there are no spaces before or after the text, as that will produce an error message.)

If you are still unable to connect to the servers, other users have reported that 'Allowing' the game through their internet firewall has solved this issue.

This discussion has been closed.