Walking dead season 2 Error

Comments

• omg I cant get on either, I have the same error. I've literally been trying to get on all day. Like wtf? I've been waiting forever for this bs and this happens?

• Its my own fault, should have read it more carefully when ordering from GreenManGaming. BUT, Never gonna buy a game from Telltale again. Is there Any response from Telltale AT ALL?

• Better than people pirating it to avoid the dumbass DRM

noizy posted: »

Steam takes 30%, that's why.

• Well I couldn't open the walking dead season one on offline mode since it cant reach cloud. So it doesn't save it on "HDD".

TheSquirrel posted: »

I haven't been able to connect yet but Steam most certainly saves to your HDD. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to load games in offline mode.

• If this is a server capacity issue, then this will happen for every episode. Sigh. I understand this is a peak, and all this traffic will go away eventually, but that traffic is your customers.

• One of the selected games is the walking dead. You cant open it on offline mode. There isn't saves on my PC. not in steammaps of documents.

xdavidx posted: »

Only selected games on steam save on cloud, and even there they also save on your hdd.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the delay, we are still looking into the server connection issue.

• Still? Get your fucking act together.

I apologize for the delay, we are still looking into the server connection issue.

• wow i got all excited and hyped for nothing, today is my only day off from work and I cant even spend it playing the one game that I was most excited for this Holiday season.

• edited December 2013

Yes, and look if you can remove the DRM, or give us a steam key.

I do not have give my money for that fucking DRM, it's a shame, you have lost a fan !

Next time, i know where found your game by myself...

• Stop looking and fix it already.

• edited December 2013

It hurts watching my Steam friends play it. The pain is so deep Adele is rolling in it.

• Good Job there Telltalegames -.-
    It doesnt seem like anyone learned out of the really bad launchs of Sim CIty and BF4 -.-
    Hate this
    Just played to season 1 again to get my save file
    For nothing
    Thanks

• I'm also disappointed that I can't play tonight because of this error, but behave like grown ups instead of whining like kids. We'll get to play this game eventually, even if it is a day or more later. We've been waiting a while for the sequel, and we can wait a couple of more days if that's what it takes. Season 1 was great, and so if the sequel is at the same level, it's worth the wait!

TheRipper posted: »

Good Job there Telltalegames -.- It doesnt seem like anyone learned out of the really bad launchs of Sim CIty and BF4 -.- Hate this Just played to season 1 again to get my save file For nothing Thanks

• edited December 2013

It's very sad. Server capacity at launch is a big challenge. Customers get angry and demanding, often unreasonably so.
    Here's the thing though; you have no wiggle room to mess up. None. This will all wash over, sure. But the trust was eroded and your brand suffers. We'll still buy your games, but we might not trust you operating your own DRM platform. I sincerely hope this will not happen for the next 4 episodes.

• Be glad there even is a Season Two.

Jcces44 posted: »

Still? Get your fucking act together.

• edited December 2013

C:\Documents and Settings\ -username-\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

All my saves are there, not sure why you don't have them.

Chisaleya posted: »

One of the selected games is the walking dead. You cant open it on offline mode. There isn't saves on my PC. not in steammaps of documents.

• yeah if ı pirated the game ı could be playing now

mulholland posted: »

I'm also disappointed that I can't play tonight because of this error, but behave like grown ups instead of whining like kids. We'll get to pl

• its not pirated you want a screenshot of my account with the game in there?

Combi posted: »

yeah if ı pirated the game ı could be playing now

• Dont misunderstand me i like the Idea of DRM and stuff but...........it was already cracked after 10 Minutes so........yeah^^
    Why dont make a "offline mode", that turns on if the Servers are offline.

In the background the Game then tryes do relog with an interval of....i dont know 10 Minutes or more and if the Servers are up, it asks for a login for the Statistiks in the End of the Episode.

• ı didnt reply to you mate

TheRipper posted: »

its not pirated you want a screenshot of my account with the game in there?

• Ironically enough this will convince people to just pirate the game instead if the issue persists.

Down with DRM.

• No Steam-key with third-party purchases was kind of a bummer, but not that big of a deal if this release would've been DRM-free. Then it turns out we have the worst of both worlds (not the convenience of Steam but all the inconveniences of DRM), which actually kinda DOES really, really suck. And now we can't even play the game because of 'Simcity/Diablo 3' style problems, and that's simply unacceptable Telltale..

Either a) remove the DRM or b) give us Steam-keys or *c) *make sure everything works perfectly fine so people don't have to point out how stupid this DRM-crap is again and again.

Allright, that concludes my rant. Still love you Telltale. <3

• only thing that there is prefs.prop file & syncFs folder and inside of it is three folders that are empty.

xdavidx posted: »

C:\Documents and Settings\ -username-\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead All my saves are there, not sure why you don't have them.

• I don't own the game apparently.... GO FUCK YOURSELF TT!!!! ¬_¬ next time I'm going to steam

• edited December 2013

After seeing "Can't connect to server" 20 times, I got a window saying "YOU DON'T OWN THE GAME." - My Paypal receipt and account on this server suggests otherwise. What the. f--k, Telltale!

• it frickin says that ı dont own the game
    really telltale??

• Same here. Can log in but instead it now says i do not own the game......

• edited December 2013

Same Error (You dont own the Game) xD What have you done hahahaha xD

• New Error Now it says I don't own the game that I downloaded from this site. This is crazy silly. Never again will I preorder and game from you guys. STEAM ALL the way.

• This situation is unbearable #Occupytelltale

• Guys it's just the server being occupied by so many people all at once that it makes the server crash.

• Great solution guys.. you dont own the game

• um.... this thread isn't for 'The Wolf Among us' ¬_¬ COPYPASTA!!!!

This may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window) Windows XP:

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited December 2013

This may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

Please then try launching The Walking Dead again.

edit: Apologies for the quick response, edited. The same applies for the Walking Dead game.

• edited December 2013

Nice copy-paste reply from another game. Really shows that Telltale support is on the ball with this one.

Additionally, I just tried this and I'm still not getting anywhere. Keeps saying I don't own the game that I paid money for.

This may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window) Windows XP:

• Keeps saying I do't own the game everytime I login..Anyone else having this problem?

• It says I have to buy the game.... but I already have ._.

• Did it, still says that I don't own the game

• Didnt help

This discussion has been closed.