Official Create your Own TWD story or Fanfic

Comments

• edited June 2014

" The two Bros are walking back together to the train "

Ben: '' What happened? ''

Markd4547: '' I said STFU!!! ''

" Markd4547 throws Ben to one of my %100 hidden Kenny weapons... the STACHEARANG! "

Markd4547: '' It's finally over! Wait! Aw shit! ''

" Ben was slowly but surely getting up on his feet again and with the last power he did have left, before he died, he did bite Markd4547 very heavily, right into the arm. " ... " Dramatic sad music "

The Walking Mustache: " No, no way...no fucking way! First my Son. And now...you? Please...please don't be one of them. Please don't become a retard. "

" Many manly tears are being cried "

Markd4547: " There is only one thing you can do. You know that. "

The Walking Mustache: " I don't know if i can. "

Markd4547: " You have to shot me, Stache. "

The Walking Mustache: " Okay, Markd...I can do it. I can. "

Markd4547: " And Bro...keep that Stache short. "

The Walking Mustache: " I will, i will shave it myself! "

Markd4547: " Don't be afraid. You are strong Stache. You... you can do anything. "

The Walking Mustache: " But, i'm a redneck. "

Markd4547: " Doesn't mean nothing.You'r gonna see bad stuff Stache, but it's okay. I'll miss you. "

The Walking Mustache: " Me to. "

" As the two Bros are staring into each other's eyes, The Walking Mustache slowly but surely raises his gun and a loud gunshot can be heard "

The end...or is it?

Alt text

The Walking Mustache confirmed for Season2!

• I love this anyway

Things I liked

• Fast paced with high tension from the start
    • Scary death shows your not afraid to do anything showing to expect the unexpected in your story really adding extra edge to the tale(He screams as his flesh is torn from his bones.) I let out such a evil laugh when finished reading that part just great lol
    • When christa was protecting clem from wakers nearly shaking I was so nervous it was so well written the idea of the sewers was genius writing unexpected but realistic to escape never taught of it brilliant
    • Introduction of Yukiko younger then Clem so fascinated to see more of her story she seems badass
    • Grammar and spacing perfect really easy to read
    • Hooked to everyone line due to constant action so exciting
    • The cliffhanger with the gun at her head just YES!!

Overall

I need to see more of this epic tale thanks for the share

The Walking Dead Lost Stories: Silent Mourning CHAPTER 2: AIKEN The next day, Christa and clementine walks down a road. They've been walk

• edited June 2014

My favorite lines

Please don't become a retard.

I will, i will shave it myself!
    "
    the STACHEARANG!

You have to shot me, Stache

" Dramatic sad music "

Just some of the lines lmao ^

Your comedic genius stache how hell come up with these things actually have tears in my eye with laughter just quality I love this

" The two Bros are walking back together to the train " Ben: '' What happened? '' Markd4547: '' I said STFU!!! '' " Markd4547 throw

• Thanks man, it's very funny to write this mix ups! Sadly, you are dead in my story now. (Or at least i thought you were dead;)

Markd4547 posted: »

My favorite lines Please don't become a retard. I will, i will shave it myself! " the STACHEARANG! You have to shot me, Stache

• Very emotionally engaging, excellent work! (I really loved it when you mentioned Disney fyi, that is my fav place, having been there so many times)

EMMYPESS posted: »

Alright! You've reeled me in! I'm gonna contribute to this thread, so I hope you like what I write. I've been meaning to do this for a while

• Thanks, I wanted Clem to have her "Lee Moment" when she held Yukiko on top, it was meant to be reminiscent to when Lee and Clem entered the train station. Originally Yukiko was meant to be Hispanic but that would remind me of Sarah so I went with Clem's design since she looks a little Asian-like in some shots of S1. I plan on having this story have as many chapters as an original episode, like 400 days length.

Wanna know something else? Aiken is a real place. I did research of locations near Season 2's location set and I found this to be the best choice.

• I plan on reading every single one can't wait btw no caps on length or anything. I'll read and review any length so excited thanks for the share.

Awesome I love when writers get technical really shows just superb

Thanks, I wanted Clem to have her "Lee Moment" when she held Yukiko on top, it was meant to be reminiscent to when Lee and Clem entered the

• edited June 2014

Just trying to make sure it feels like Telltale. ;3

BTW you gotta love Yukiko's dark humor in that one moment, Clem would've been pizza! XD

I plan on reading every single one can't wait btw no caps on length or anything. I'll read and review any length so excited thanks for the share. Awesome I love when writers get technical really shows just superb

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited June 2014

Hey everyone. A couple months ago, I created an OC for another member's fanfic and I've been toying around with the idea of giving him his own story ever since. Well, I've finally decided to nut up and write a 400 Days style short story as a kind of trial run. The story will follow Manny, a soldier in the National Guard, as he and his squad assist in the evacuation of Atlanta. If you ever saw the miniseries 'Generation Kill', I'm going for that kind of feel.

I'd be grateful for any feedback. Thanks! :)

Sgt. Manuel Ortiz. -- 2 days in.
    Outskirts of Atlanta, GA

"I'm sorry Ms. Jackson, but I am fo' reeeeal!"

"Shut up, Ortiz." The red haired Sergeant reading next to Manny grumbled.

"Never meant to make your daughter cry. I apologize a million times."

"Shut the fuck up, Ortiz." Manny ignored his pleas and charged into the first verse until the sergeant finally rolled up his issue of Sport's Illustrated and smacked him over the head with it.

"Hey! What the hell, White?!" Manny snapped back to reality and saw his squadmates chuckling at his expense. "I was in my happy place."

"Your happy place is fuckin' annoying. Why you still listening to that old OutKast shit, anyway?" Manny snatched the magazine from White's hand and smacked him in return.

"Hey, somebody's gotta rep the ATL. Besides, OutKast is fuckin' dope." The Stryker APC the squad was riding in shook violently, tossing the Guardsmen into each other.

"You do realize that those two are probably fucked up in the head like everyone else." Said private Cho, from across the aisle.

"Oh hell no! Not if I have anything to say about it." He turned to Lt. Fisher, who sat at the front of the APC looking over maps of Atlanta. "Hey, LT! Requesting permission to suggest a change in mission parameters, ma'am. We need to divert from the target AO so we can rescue André and Big Boi.

"Request denied, Sergeant." She said, with a wry grin.

"Damn."

"Hey, cheer up, man. Maybe they'll turn up at one of the safe zones."

"Fuckers better be signing autogr-". THUMP! Manny was cut off mid-sentence as the Stryker rolled over an obstruction, throwing it's passengers around the rear like pinballs.

"Goddamn!" White growled. "Hey Gibbs, mind getting us there in one piece?"

"Doing the best I can, Sarge!" The driver's voiced called out over the intercom.

"Man...doesn't this just bring you back?" White said, "Driving through the Iraqi desert, putting a boot up Saddam's ass!"

"Yeah," Manny snorted, rubbing his short, black hair. "Driving for days on end, pissing in water bottles, getting ambushed by shock troops...man, I'd rather leave that shit behind me get back to UGA."

"You got the wrong attitude. Think of it like a field trip."

"Yeah, well my last field trip ended with me getting shot in the neck, so forgive my lack of enthusiasm."

"Good point...Hey, speaking of Athens, you hear that professor got 25 to life for killing Senator Brown?"

"Yeah, that whole situation is straight fucked up, man. I was in his Intro to American History class before we got shipped out last year. He seemed like a nice enough guy."

"Hell, I'd probably do the same thing if I saw some another guy banging my girl."

"Five minutes!" Lt. Fisher called out from the front. "Gas masks on! Get your shit together and check the person in front of you!"

A few minutes later, they were armed and ready to go. Manny slung his scoped M14 over his shoulder and checked the folding baton that the Lieutenant had given everyone back at base.

"There are packs of civilians scattered through this whole area. Our job is to apprehend looters and direct the rest toward the safe area set up in the Stadium. Remember your rules of engagement; no firing unless fired upon. We have tear gas and batons for use as needed." Manny and his fellow guardsmen nodded and checked their masks. All talking and joking stopped, leaving only the hum of the motor to break the deafening silence. White finished checking Manny's pack and gave him a tap on the shoulder. He grabbed the latch to the rear door and braced himself as the vehicle came to a sudden halt.

"Now!" Manny pulled the latch down and the rear hatch hit the asphalt with a metallic clang.

"Go. GO!"

"Is that...? Mother of god..."

(To Be Continued)

• edited June 2014

Awesome YES!! military type story unique choice and very entertaining to read really creative chose. Anyway when your finished full story I'll do a full review but so far awesome so excited to see what going to happen next thanks for the share. Grammar and spacing perfect really easy on the eye to read. Original characters I loved. Basically I just need to see the rest after that cliffhanger

BigBlindMax posted: »

Hey everyone. A couple months ago, I created an OC for another member's fanfic and I've been toying around with the idea of giving him his

• Thanks. I'm mapping out part 2 as we speak.

The squad has no idea how bad this 'rioting' really is...

Awesome YES!! military type story unique choice and very entertaining to read really creative chose. Anyway when your finished full story I

• Cool can't wait to read it

Thanks. I'm mapping out part 2 as we speak. The squad has no idea how bad this 'rioting' really is...

• MrLeeMrLee Banned

Mark he bro! here a new ARKHAM KNIGHT TRAILER!!! It's about the Batmobile... And the game is delayed to 2015 because they... WANT TO MAKE THE GAME PERFECT! THEY SAY EVERYTIME!... Seriously everytime! but here it is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AykgIIWdPM

Cool can't wait to read it

• Cool thanks for the share bro looks awesome

MrLee posted: »

Mark he bro! here a new ARKHAM KNIGHT TRAILER!!! It's about the Batmobile... And the game is delayed to 2015 because they... WANT TO MAKE TH

• MrLeeMrLee Banned

You always get news from me if it is about BATMAN or something else we both like

Cool thanks for the share bro looks awesome

• edited June 2014

Thanks keep it coming Lee I really appreciate it I need the latest news for arkham or awesome random stuff lol :)

You always get news from me if it is about BATMAN or something else we both like

• I think I need a new pair of pants lol, gotta love the Arkham series.

Mark he bro! here a new ARKHAM KNIGHT TRAILER!!! It's about the Batmobile... And the game is delayed to 2015 because they... WANT TO MAKE TH

• You're way too nice to me, lol! I'm glad you liked it, planning on writing soon, if not now :) I guess taking a break from Fables and going to Zombies proved to be worth something! I've got some hefty plans for this thing, so don't you worry!

• Thanks! It's funny, because this particular story I made up God knows how many years ago. It's taken me years to capture the right scene to begin it all, and I've actually wanted to write it in the past (Which I have, but scrapped them each time). I think I was finally able to gain a foothold of the whole thing. I was afraid that writing them in chapters would be too short to enjoy (Part of the reason I would scrap the stories), but after reading the Maze Runner, whose chapters are only a few pages sometimes, it's given me some hope that I can do it, even if each one is short.

Very emotionally engaging, excellent work! (I really loved it when you mentioned Disney fyi, that is my fav place, having been there so many times)

• (Note: I'm gonna start labeling these as chapters. The first one should be edited with a chapter heading after I write this one. I don't have a name for the story, but maybe one day I'll figure one out)

Chapter 2: The Night Terrors

"Do you want to help me and the baby, Em?"

"Yes mommy! Can I hold her and feed her a bottle please?"

"We'll see. Lets get to the picnic spot first."

My mother lifts the car seat from our minivan. The trail to our favorite spot leads to a small lake, where my brother and my Dad fish all the time. Today is the 4th of July, America's Independence day. I carry the red checkered picnic blanket as best I can, because 5-year-olds can only carry so much.

We set up under a shady tree, though we won't need the shade for long. The sun is starting to set soon, and we have the perfect view of the fireworks. We pass watermelon around and my dad turns on the radio. The local station plays music to the pattern of the fireworks.

Soon enough, it starts. Mom lets me hold Faith in my arms as she gurgles and sleeps despite the booms and bright colors. The colors are vibrant and varied. Lots of reds, whites, and blues.

But then something is wrong.

The radio fills with static, though the fireworks keep flashing up the night sky. I hear Dad curse to himself, and hits the box a few times.

Instead of music, it's a man talking.

"This is an emergency alert. I repeat. This is an emergency alert. The United States is under attack. If you are in the following areas, please report to government help centers immediately: Cambridge, Cherry Hill, Casanovaville, Mirefield....."

The radio man trails off. Mom and Dad panic. The Fireworks stop.

They said Mirefield.

We live in Mirefield.

I wake up, heart aching. The jolt of the car was what really shook me awake. Otherwise, I would've relived more than just that. Carter's head leans on mine, and I can hear him snoring. The car halts near a small barn, one we stop at every trip. The door opens and closes, and Derek nudges me from the side.

"We're gonna go inside. There's rain clouds rolling in, so unless you wanna get wet, get inside."

I sigh, pushing Carter off. Remembering what he said before we fell asleep. He's not serious, is he?

"Wake up, nimrod. We're moving to the barn."

His eyes open and he rubs them with his fist," Already? It feels like it's been 5 minutes....." He yawns.

The floor of the barn is hard rotted wood, but the stink of animals has faded over the years. We cover ourselves in the quilts from the back and lie in a row. We almost made a small fire, but decided it was still warm enough to sleep with just blankets. The low rumble of thunder could be heard from the open windows and the small patter of rain turned into a downpour of drops. I refuse to fall back asleep, so all I do is lay on my stomach and stare at the notebook I was handed. It's hard to see in the dark, but just knowing it's there is enough. It's the one thing I really do cherish.

Carter says he likes my butterfly drawings the most. That's what I do. I draw pretty things. Things you take for granted, and don't notice until it's too late. Butterflies. We see them in the spring, sometimes the summer. You don't notice them until you're sitting on the grass, crying.

Carter knows me too well. His eyes flicker open, and he focuses toward my face. He smiles, but he knows how I feel. His hand reaches for my long brown hair, and pushes it away.

"We're making good time. We'll be in Florida in a matter of days."

"Yeah..." I trail off, staring at the floor in front of me.

The rain lightens to a soft, soothing patter. A nostalgic feeling fills me, and I rest my head on the floor. It's weird, because I want to kiss him. I'm considering it. We stare silently, and I want to lean in so bad. But I can't. We can't. So we just stay there until one of us falls asleep. Until sunrise.

Alright! I hope it was good, this chapter focused more on Emmy's personal self. What she deals with often. How she develops new feelings toward people.

• Your story's are always so beautiful and sweet with great character depth generally really good experiences to read. Do a full review when your finished whole story as not fair but in terms of this chapter quality again can't wait to see more

EMMYPESS posted: »

(Note: I'm gonna start labeling these as chapters. The first one should be edited with a chapter heading after I write this one. I don't hav

• MrLeeMrLee Banned

YES I CAN GIVE PEOPLE NEWS ABOUT ARKHAM NEWS FUCK YOU IGN!

Thanks keep it coming Lee I really appreciate it I need the latest news for arkham or awesome random stuff lol

• edited June 2014

It's been too long since I've written something. How do I expect to get better if I don't practice?

How it began.
    I was never anyone important, just a young man with big dreams, fresh out of uni. Here I was, a lowly lab assistant. I kept the lab and glassware clean, made up some of the substances used, did the tedious work the real scientists didn't have the time or patience for. It wasn't going to be easy or win me any prizes, but it was important work, and a stepping stone on my way up the ladder. If I'd known what was going to happen I would have taken a job as a barista where my friend worked, at least then I would have enjoyed the last of the time I had, that we all had.

It started so innocently. My superiors were researching mad cow disease trying to find a cure, they had several brain cell samples from the infected, which due to there infectious nature had to be handled with extreme care. The prions they contained were difficult to destroy, they could survive heating, treating, and even some acids, so I had to treat the samples with utmost care. They were examining the prions when they made the discovery. A unique prion present in small numbers in the brain cells. Naturally this created a lot commotion, after all it's very rare for a prion to mutate. Everything was a rush for a few weeks as the new prion was separated out, studied, mapped, and cultured. I say cultured but reproducing this prion proved very difficult, I tried everything I could think of, to produce more of it, with little success. Prions are really just an incorrectly folded protein, they do not breed like bacteria which you need only give food and the right conditions to grow. They can be made by exposing the protein they are originally made from to the prion, causing that protein to become incorrect as well. Since every protein is different, and contains different tags and markers depending on the animal that produced the protein, prions can be very specific to what and how the infect. I found it did not effect the same protein that mad cow disease did, which was strange. instead it affected one found only in the human brain. Clearly animals could carry it, but it could not reproduce in them. Once I had obtained human brain tissue, I found its reproductive rate to be basically non existent, and after study, the little I could produce was found to be harmless. It was given a name tetahiata or TH which means quiet one, my superiors got to strut around, and tell their colleges they discovered something, we got some more grant money, and everything became quiet again, as they went back to their main study. After all the new prion was harmless, it did not reproduce itself fast enough to ever be a danger. A person would die of natural causes before they even had chance to be diagnosed, if diagnosis was even possible. It was no threat, and while we sent samples to others who did curiosity study's on it, our lab went back to the real work. After all, prions rarely mutate.

The warning signs started when we got in a new lot of brain tissue. Human brain tissue of the infected as well, not an easy thing to come by. I prepared a sample for my superiors, and it took all of two hours before they were shouting at me. From what I could gather the sample had been tainted by TH and that of course affected the validity of the study. I prepared a new sample, with extra care my superior watching the whole time, I had no idea as to how the first one became contaminated, but it turned out the second was no better. This time my superior threatened to fire me and frustrated when and prepared it himself. I held back a chuckle at his face when he found TH in his sample. After a bit of detective work we found the problem. All our samples were contaminated, every single one, ones that had never been opened since they were packed, ones that had come from sources we trusted to supply clean samples, samples that were of just normal human brain cells with no infection that we used for controls, they were everywhere. At least my superiors couldn't blain me anymore. They just accused the suppliers of not being careful, and got new samples. That's when we started to worry. Because when the new samples turned up, they had TH in them too. It didn't take too long for this to spread, the prion was already registered on the international data base after all. We started hearing reports from all over the globe of scientists complaining of contaminated brain cell samples. While human brain cell samples seemed to always come up with contamination, animals were not exempt, and they also showed signs of TH, though they were only carriers of it. That was the time of the big scare, you probably remember it. It was all over the news,scientists around the globe estimate new prion TH infecting millions of humans brains! could this be the end!? they always take things overboard don't they. So we find a bunch of samples with TH in them, which I might remind you was found to be harmless, and they go around telling people the world is ending. I don't think a single one of them talked to a real scientist, not that I'm surprised, that's pretty normal for them. Science is ether amazing or terrifying to the public, they don't see the mundane repetitive part of science like us, when we do the same thing a hundred times hoping for a different result, and even if they did, it wouldn't sell. So people panicked, the government gave us more money to study it, and I got a pay rise. Some even tried to find a cure, the problem with prions though is that we have never been able to cure them. They are classified as uncureable, that's a scary thought, how hard to fix does something have to be, to be labeled uncureable? Not that it stops people from trying, everyone wants to be the guy who figured out how to cure prions. The awards and renown are just sitting there waiting for the mind who figures it out. All the government funding didn't help though, all the study's done still said it was harmless, the only interesting thing found was that the prion killed bacteria and fungi by breaking their membranes, specifically the ones responsible for the breaking down of dead matter. Maybe if you had large amounts in meat it would take an extremely long time to rot, but getting enough to achieve that was unlikely. I did find that it grew faster if I gave it an electrical shock, my superiors were worried about this find at first, as the brain is filled with electrical stimulus, but it only worked if it was supplied with electrical stimulus and then that stimulus was shut off. The only way that would happen in a human was if they died, so this effect was quickly ruled as harmless, though it did help us culture larger samples. Everything we knew about it said that being infected by TH was harmless, unless it somehow mutated, but bend proteins, with no DNA or RNA are not known for their ability to change. Prions rarely mutate.

Continued lower down.

• I would love to see more it's very intelligent and interesting story so far and I'm delighted you chose this thread to practice your very talented keep it up so good just fascinating so far.

Shadusnox posted: »

It's been too long since I've written something. How do I expect to get better if I don't practice? How it began. I was never anyone imp

• MrLeeMrLee Banned

I would love to see more it's very intelligent and interesting story so far and I'm delighted you chose this thread to practice your very talented keep it up so good just fascinating so far.

• MrLeeMrLee Banned
    edited June 2014

link two you can see it now I have made it better
    http://nl.ign.com/news/8317/nieuwe-screenshots-batman-arkham-knight

I would love to see more it's very intelligent and interesting story so far and I'm delighted you chose this thread to practice your very talented keep it up so good just fascinating so far.

• awesome

Here I'am link one http://www.xgn.nl/nieuws/56446/batman-arkham-knight-screenshots-tonen-harley-quinn-en-batmobile

• Here is part two of how the apocalypse began

What we don't know. Scientists are always looking for it, our goal to find what has not been found. They say that 98% of the universe is made of things that we know nothing about, but that isn't true. We know they are there, that's why we look for them. If my room or home is all that I know, then my town or neighbourhood all the places I've seen or heard of but never explored, must be all that I do not know. But the world is more than that. It is filled with things that I do not know, that I do not know of. Things my mind has never even comprehended as possible or as existing. And if we don't know they are there, how do we know to look for them? Everyone likes to point the finger at us, you had money, they say, you had time, you had all these resources, why was there no warning? What were you doing all this time? Why didn't you all work together to find a cure instead of going behind each other's backs!? The truth is, until the six day mutation event we didn't know what we were looking for. Six days. That's all it took for everything to go crazy. We were working on finding a cure already but it would have taken decades, even if all the scientists in all the world had colaberated, and that was before the mutation event, before it changed on us. No one could have expected it, prions rarely mutate, and definitely not this drastically. Maybe it wasn't a huge change really, maybe TH was always able to do this, we just never saw it in large enough numbers in a human body.

The thing about a prion is when it mutates, it's rarely random, unlike a bacteria who with its DNA could change a thousand different ways from its neighbours, a prions changes are limited to the different bends it can make from its current form. So if one prion mutates, you can easily assume that all the rest of that prion can also mutate that exact same way, in fact it's very likely that they will. Even if they never come into contact with the first mutated prion. If they did come into contact with it that would only speed the change. That's what happened over those six days, turns out the news didn't go far enough, it wasn't millions of people infected with TH, it was everyone. Over the years it has quietly spread across the globe showing no symptoms, through bird and through plane passed down from mother to child, spread through blood, to everyone. It wouldn't have mattered if it hadn't changed, it would have still been the harmless illness that the news was kicking up as fuss about. But over six days it changed, its reaction rate increased dramatically, but only if the electrical signals of the brain stopped, only in death. This happened all over the world in that small span of time. Doesn't sound bad does it? But just like the others of its kind, the prion changed the brain. Normally that would kill someone, but this victim is already dead when it starts.

From what study we were able to do we know The prion reproduces in the brain, and then spreads to the rest of the body. It kills the gut flora bacteria which should normally eat and rot the dead body. It also kills the mitochondrion in the hosts cells which are a main energy source for the human body this causes them to switch to the anaerobic energy production cycle. This means that the cells are able to live after the death of the main body, and as anaerobic cycles are being used, no longer require air. However this energy production is inefficient, and produces lactose which stiffens the muscles making them tougher but harder to move, and the body no longer has the quick energy source for fast movement or deep thought. The electrical signals in the brain then restart and a miracle occurs, the dead body comes back to life, its reanimated. However the brain has changed, from the prion. From what we know the primal part of the brain changes, increasing lepton production causing endless hunger. This may also be due to the anaerobic energy cycle requiring more glucose to function but we are not sure. The cerebrum is still intact however, these reanimated are capable of thought and remembering things, or they would be, but the cerebrum is cut off from the energy supply, there is simply not enough to go round, the cerebrum quickly dies, though there are theory's that in the very first moments of reanimation, the individual can recall their life and who they were, before the cerebrum dies.

I can hear them, the quiet ones are scratching at the door to the lab. I thought I would be safe, the government promised us protection while we worked on a cure, no matter how impossible one seemed. But we cannot find one and the solders are dropping one by one. The lactose in their muscles makes them stronger but stiff and slow. the men say that if one gets a good hold on you, it's grip is almost impossible to break. Their blood is thick and dark from lack of oxygen, and the prion in their flesh makes rotting slow if at all, prions are hard to destroy. The soldiers think it's the bite that turns you, fools. We are all infected it doesn't matter how you die. They only think that because the bites kill, but that is nothing special. The human mouth has always been a place filled with dangerous bacteria, I don't imagine a diet of nothing but dead and rotten meat helps that, why do they think a dose of strong antibacterials helps the bite? The prion doesn't seem to invade the mouth so the bacteria are not killed, though this does mean the jaw is almost always the first part to rot. They still rot, that's one of the only good things I can see in this. They are slow and they rot. It's because of the immune system, the prion must turn most of it off somehow so it isn't attacked. The body can still heal from an injury within reason, but without the immune system bacteria will take any opportunity they can to attack it. The prion can't kill them all especially with all that delicious lactose for the bacteria to eat. Eventually they will all rot. but as long as it's still in our brains we are going to have to always shoot, smash and burn our dead. But maybe we will get lucky, maybe it will mutate and this will all go away. I'm not going to count on it though, I mutter as the door finally breaks and they begin to wander in. prions rarely mutate.

It's been too long since I've written something. How do I expect to get better if I don't practice? How it began. I was never anyone imp

• Such intelligent writing and a great read can't wait for more

Here is part two of how the apocalypse began What we don't know. Scientists are always looking for it, our goal to find what has not been

edited June 2014

Here's the second half of Manny's story, as promised. Hope it was worth the wait.

Manuel Ortiz -- 2 Days In (part 2 of 2)

"Mother of god..." Manny choked through his mask. He stared down at the body of a woman with the contents of her body cavity ripped out and strewn across the street. Her features chewed up beyond recognition.

"I think I'm going to be sick." added Pvt. Cho. What the fuck did this?"

"Keep your head on straight, Private." Lt. Fisher barked, "We've still got a job to do." The squad weaved it's way through the ravaged streets; abandoned cars, trash and corpses littered the way. The things that ravaged the block were long gone, but Manny scanned every car, storefront and dumpster for signs of life. Finally, they made their way to the edge of Chinatown. Manny and his family often went there for the festivals as a kid, but any residual feelings of warm familiarity were long since gone. After walking a couple more blocks, they finally caught sight of civilians. Some travelled individually, but most were in packs; men, women and children all clumped together. Most ran frantically through the streets while others staggered behind. They got to work pointing and directing people toward the stadium, but the frantic masses just shook their heads and ran in the opposite direction. After a while, Sgt White caught up with a man in a bloodstained white shirt and pulled him aside. "You're running the wrong way. The safe zone is to the east!"

"The place is overrun, fuckwit!" The man yelled, clutching the deep gash on his arm. "We're heading for the business district! Now let me go, they'll be here any second."

Manny tried to ask who 'they' were, but a terrified scream cut him off. A large police officer tackled an African-American man to the ground and began clawing at him.

"What the fuck are you...oh shit!" Manny brought the marksman rifle to his shoulder, just in time to see the cop sink his teeth into one of the man's arms.

"He's chewing his fucking skin off! Cho yelled frantically, "We gotta to do something!" Sgt. White threw a teargassed canister, but the cop continued to gnaw on the guy's arm, completely oblivious to the gas swirling around him.

"Fuck! It's no good!"

"LT, permission to engage?! Fisher! We've got to-". Manny was cut off by the crack of a revolver. A man kicked the cop away and fired a follow-up shot point-blank into his skull.

"Fucking move!" He said, as he dragged the blood-soaked man to his feet "Walkers are coming this way!"

"What do you- Oh shit." The sound of a thousand moans drowned him out. Manny turned to east and caught a glimpse the source. A herd of mutilated infectees appeared on the horizon, lumbering toward their prey.

"Shit!" cursed White. "They're closing in! What's the plan Lieutenant?!" Fisher hesitated for a second.

"I'm either going to get a court-martial or a medal for this." She said, at last, "Let em' have it!". Semi-automatic fire cracked all around as the rest of the squad opened fire into the shambling herd with their M4's and M16's. Manny searched for targets at the edge of the herd and began sending rounds of his own downrange, a steady cadence of death.

"What the fuck is this?!." Manny slammed in another magazine, closed the bolt and pulled the trigger as fast as he could. Dozens of the infectees fell under the onslaught of gunfire, but more took their place.

"This isn't going to work!" Manny called out, Lt. Fisher turned to him and nodded.

"Everybody fall back! I'll try to raise Gibbs on the radio." They followed the Lieutenant up 8th Street and into an alley. An infectee with a missing eye grabbed Manny's foot, sending him crashing to the ground. Cho turned around and fired a wild burst into the creature, forcing it to release it's grip. Manny scrambled to his feet, deciding it would be smart to save his thanks until they were safe. Meanwhile, Fisher tried to raise their driver on her headset.

"Gibbs, the A.O is fucked! Get to 9th and Elm. Move!"

The squad continued their mad dash through the alley with the infectees in hot pursuit. The exit to the street was blocked by two more of he shambling freaks, but Manny shot over the lieutenant's head and put them both down before they could grab her. They broke out into the street, but the situation just got worse and worse. Seemingly attracted by their gunfire, the scattered infectees began to surround them, howling for flesh.

"Where the fuck is Gibbs?!" White yelled. Manny and the others did their best to pick off the shamblers as they approach, but his racing heartbeat made aiming almost impossible. The noose continued to tighten.

"Gibbs! We need you here NOW!"

Like an answered prayer, Gibb's APC turned the corner and stopped in front of them. It's coaxal machine-guns unleashed a hail of gunfire on surrounding infectees.

"He's here! Everybody, come on!" Fisher yelled and motioned toward the vehicle. The ran down the street, shooting and bashing their way through their attackers. About halfway there, Manny heard Cho shout something and turned around.

"He's firing too close! He's gon-". The APC's machine-gun ripped the private in half, shooting blood and viscera into Manny's eyes.

"Fuuuck!" Manny tried to stagger away and wipe the stinging liquid from his eyes, but a hard blow to the side threw him face own on the pavement.

"Stop firing, dammit!" Manny tried to call out, but he could hardly breath, let alone scream.

"LT, cover me!"

'They're going to leave me!' Manny threw off Cho's mutilated remains and tried to move but a searing pain shot through his chest. 'Oh Jesus, I'm hit!'

He could hear the shambling freaks getting closer and closer until a hand finally grabbed him by the flak jacket. Manny said a silent prayer and and waited for the end.

To his surprise, it didn't come. Instead, the hand dragged him through the street and up a ramp. He heard a metallic clang and the roar of a motor.

"He's in, now fucking DRIVE!" Manny gasped in pain as Sgt. White and Lt. Fisher flipped him over on to his back.

"Hey, stay with me, Ortiz." White tried to reassure him as he looked for the wound. "We're going to get you out." Manny could feel blood pumping out of his side as the two opened his flak jacket. He tried to keep his eyes open as unconsciousness began to overtake him. "Goddamit, Gibbs...I can't believe that careless fucking retard!"

"Hang in there, Sergeant."

"He's a tough bastard. If that sniper couldn't kill him, there's no way this will."

He truly hoped they were right.

• edited June 2014

High tension and action from the start sensational one of the best chapters I ever read on the whole thread. I'm big fan of army and action style chapters and this had everything gore, violence and cursing all mixed in to one quality chapter from start to finish I love this thanks for the share. Do full review when your done I just need more of this please

Here's the second half of Manny's story, as promised. Hope it was worth the wait. Manuel Ortiz -- 2 Days In (part 2 of 2) . "Mothe

• This story has a good deal of hard science in it. I think I'm following though.

All in all, I'm a fan.

Here is part two of how the apocalypse began What we don't know. Scientists are always looking for it, our goal to find what has not been

edited June 2014

Thanks for the feedback! My goal going into the second half of the chapter was to make the fighting visceral, without just throwing in gore and stuff for the hell of it. I'm still tossing around some ideas for Chapter 2. I know It will take place a few days later at Robbins AFB and it will be somewhat slower paced, probably with a lot of dialogue. I want to cover some of these plot points, consider this a sneak preview, of sorts.

-- Manny recovers from his wound.

-- Cpl. Gibbs is forbidden from driving and joins the squad as a rifleman.

-- Lt. Fisher found out that her parents are dead and Manny has no clue what's happened to his family.

-- Sgt. White starts to lose it a little.

-- Manny see's how bad morale is after seeing a blue-on-blue attack take place.

Anything else that I should maybe explain?

High tension and action from the start sensational one of the best chapters I ever read on the whole thread. I'm big fan of army and action

• No so well written I completely understand all concepts you were trying to get across I'm so excited for the next chapter take your time must be perfect

Thanks for the feedback! My goal going into the second half of the chapter was to make the fighting visceral, without just throwing in gore

• My story didn't get more likes? I guess no one else read it... :(

Alt text

• lol give it time with all fanfics around take a time for people to see it but class story BELIEVE

My story didn't get more likes? I guess no one else read it...

• edited June 2014

Aww I see now, okay whenever I make something I usually wanted to see sort of recognition.

YOU CAN CALL ME AN EGOTISTICAL MANIAC.

lol give it time with all fanfics around take a time for people to see it but class story BELIEVE

• EGOTISTICAL MANIAC your a humble peasant boy compared to my arrogance

Aww I see now, okay whenever I make something I usually wanted to see sort of recognition. YOU CAN CALL ME AN EGOTISTICAL MANIAC.

• I'm no peasant, I'M KENNY'S BOAT, BITCH! XD

EGOTISTICAL MANIAC your a humble peasant boy compared to my arrogance

• Thanks, it's supposed to be a scientists view on the beginning of the apocalypse, so much hard science is required, and it probably goes over some peoples heads sadly. But it does have some pretty sound scientific theory's in it about how zombies could actually exist.

I am also a fan of your work as well : ) your writing seems much more organised than mine, with less ramble in it. I'm guessing you've written quite a lot, keep up the good work.

This story has a good deal of hard science in it. I think I'm following though. All in all, I'm a fan.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.