Sam & Max Wii now available in most places! (Germany coming in 2009)

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
edited August 2009 in Sam & Max
Here's the full scoop!

We'll post about availability in other territories as soon as we have it...

UPDATE OCTOBER 7: Due to a manufacturing delay, it's looking like the Wii version won't start arriving in stores until next week. When you see it in your local store, please post on this thread so we know where it's available! :D

UPDATE OCTOBER 8: Gamestop's offering free overnight shipping on Sam & Max Wii if you preorder in the next 24 hours. Great deal, don't miss it!

Comments

• edited September 2008
    The moment I read that announcement, walked right down to my local mall and preordered the game. (Sadly, nobody recognized my Max hat... as usual...)

Who wants to dare me to wear my Sam costume when I go pick it up on Oct? ...no, nevermind. That would be scary. ^^;
  • edited September 2008
    Breakman wrote: »
    Who wants to dare me to wear my Sam costume when I go pick it up on Oct? ...no, nevermind. That would be scary. ^^;

If you do, you're legally required – I can't stress this enough – to bring a video camera.
  • edited September 2008
    So, I think people have asked this before... but is the Wii version widescreen? All the screenshots appear to be.

If it is, I commend you, as the Wii is prone to games that are restricted to 4:3 or weird, pseudo-zoomed almost-widescreen for no apparent reason, and it would've been easy to give Sam & Max the same treatment since it was originally in 4:3 anyway.

And with this plus the $30 price tag, I just might have to go ahead and buy it to show my support... though I can't promise I'll buy season 2 twice as well...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Yep, the Wii version supports widescreen.
  • edited September 2008
    So we can ONLY get the CD if we preorder?

Well, I guess it's fine because you can preorder it in stores.
  • edited September 2008
    Ahhhahaha... but will the international (i.e. UK) versions get the pre-order DVD?
    And if so, can i get it from GAME.co.uk?
    And if so, what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for good or for awesome?
    -Strong Bad

Edit: Cheers for the info below, Jake
    \/ \/
    \/ \/
    \/ \/
    \/ \/
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    We've only got information for the North American release right now. When there's info about the game's release for other parts of the world, we'll let you know!
  • edited September 2008
    I heard about some type of new tutorial.
    Is this the same one as in Season Two, or is it completely new?
  • edited September 2008
    Sweet, just got it reserved. :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    The tutorial in the Wii version is the tutorial from Season Two on the PC (though of course Sam says "press the A button," instead of "click," and that sort of thing).
  • edited September 2008
    I pre-ordered and paid for mine, in full, but I saved about 1/3 of the price, since:

A: I work at GameStop, and
    B: I traded in a DS game to save money.
    edited September 2008
    Nintendojo has posted an interview that has answers to some frequently asked Wii questions (widescreen support, etc.)
    A: I work at GameStop

Does your store have Sam & Max preorder boxes on display? I went into our local shop on Saturday but they didn't have them out. :(
  • edited September 2008
    Do you put the bonus CD in the Wii or the DVD player?
  • edited September 2008
    It's a CD-ROM, so you'll need a computer.
  • edited September 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    It's a CD-ROM, so you'll need a computer.

Oh, ok.:)
  • yYAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!
    I'm so friggin happy!

Finally, i get to play Sam and Max Season 1... and get a Bonus Disc! =D I love Telltale!
  • Now then: returning from the dead: I wish to point this out...

When I asked about the Bonus CD during my reservation, the guys at the Gamestop told us "We haven't heard of anything like that,"

I live in Dallas, TX, and the info may have not reached here yet, but still.... D=

BTW: They had the Sam&Max Preorder boxes on display... =D
  • edited September 2008
    I Have A GameStop Down The Street From My House So I Asked About Sam&Max And They let me Pre Order It I Cant Wait But They Say Pick It Up On Oct. 8 but It Says Thats Out On Oct. 7 What Going On A Exter Day I Would Die Puls I Have To Wait Utll School Over why is GameStop So Creal Ah!!!!!
  • edited September 2008
    Release dates aren't always the same as street dates.
  • edited September 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    The tutorial in the Wii version is the tutorial from Season Two on the PC (though of course Sam says "press the A button," instead of "click," and that sort of thing).

But the Season Two tutorial is essentially a shortened version of the beginning of Culture Shock! It will seem kind of strange to play the same scene twice.
  • edited September 2008
    Oh, thanks for this new, I was waiting for it because in game.es (I'm spanish), it said that the game was released on 29th August, and that day I went to the shop, but it wasn't released, and I was getting very nervious :D.

Oh, I Forget it, I've got a question, When you are selling the game in Europe, it will be only in english or with subtitles in other languages like Spanish?

Thanks for your answer
    edited October 2008
    In Europe, the game will be fully localized in German and French, and in English with Italian or Spanish subtitles.

Still no confirmed release date for Europe yet, but we'll let you know when it's official!
  • edited October 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    In Europe, the game will be fully localized in German and French, and in English with Italian or Spanish subtitles.

Still no confirmed release date for Europe yet, but we'll let you know when it's official!

Will you guys be releasing clips of Sam & Max in French and German on the web? Kind of like how Steam did with 'Meet The...' in other languages than English.
    edited October 2008
    The localized versions have already been out on PC for a while... you can probably find clips like that on YouTube...
  • edited October 2008
    Game delayed is it?
  • edited October 2008
    I just preordered my copy of Sam and Max Wii from Gamestop, and the guy there said that it's coming out on the 15th! My heart feels... broken. Please tell me he's wrong.
  • edited October 2008
    Preorder ships 10/14. What...? 14? But, but, ... It's released on the 7th... Time to be serious. *Hangs the Telltale Team upside down off the side of a large building* YOU PROMISED IT WOULD BE RELEASED ON THE SEVENTH!! GAMESTOP AND EBGAMES ORIGINALLY REPORTED SO AS WELL!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE RELEASE DATE?!?!

Anyone who gets the reference wins a very, very stale cookie!
  • edited October 2008
    Iam Lucky Mine Come Oct 8 A Day After It Comes Out
  • dstdst
    edited October 2008
    Tomorrow I will go if it is available in Chile.

It will have Spanish subtitles, or only Enlgish Subtitle and voices??
  • edited October 2008
    The last time I spoke about my Sam & Max Season One for Wii pre-order with the Game Stop clerk, he told me it would be in today, Oct 6th, in the evening. Now I see mixed information saying anything from shipping October 14th (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72515) to a release date of October 16th (at amazon.com).

There was this post on the blog (http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-375) that said October 7th. Any official word on when I can expect to walk into Game Stop and pickup my pre-order and if the clerk will have pocketed the bonus CD?
    edited October 2008
    Apparently there was a manufacturing delay of about a week, so at this point it should start shipping to stores next week rather than this week. Also keep in mind that it probably won't show up the same date in every store since it'll take longer for deliveries to reach stores farther away from the facility where it's being manufactured.

We're going to be keeping an eye on the stores and will let every know when we've seen it in the flesh!
    It will have Spanish subtitles, or only Enlgish Subtitle and voices??

Spanish subtitles with English voices.
  • edited October 2008
    Apparently there was a manufacturing delay of about a week, so at this point it should start shipping to stores next week rather than this week. Also keep in mind that it probably won't show up the same date in every store since it'll take longer for deliveries to reach stores farther away from the facility where it's being manufactured.

We're going to be keeping an eye on the stores and will let every know when we've seen it in the flesh!

That's an official answer from Telltale in this thread http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6545
  • edited October 2008
    I work at GameStop, and I pre-ordered the game. I'm most likely to get it, tomorrow, after my three hour shift.
  • edited October 2008

Wait, no English subtitles. :(
    edited October 2008
    supmandude wrote: »
    Wait, no English subtitles. :(

Yes, there are English subtitles. :) I was specifically responding to dst, who's in Chile.

The North American release comes in English, French, and Spanish. If your Wii is set to English, then you'll get English voice with English subtitles. If it's set to French you'll get French voice and subtitles, and if it's set to Spanish you'll get English voice with Spanish subtitles.
  • dstdst
    edited October 2008

Thank you for the response; this is awesome!!!.

I understand English and I also play a lot of games in English (with a dictionary in hand); but sometimes I lost into the games because I don't understand some words of the dialogs.

I hope i can get it in this week (or Monday of next week)
    edited October 2008
    As far as we know it won't be available anywhere today due to a delay in the manufacturing. My understanding is that it should start shipping to stores early next week (when it actually arrives in the store will depend on how close the store is to the duplication facility).

The good news is that this gives people a few more days to snatch up the preorder bonus CD (either online or in a GameStop store)!
  • edited October 2008
    It Coming Tom. Since The School Bus Stops Where GameStop I ask The Bus Driver To Stop For A Sec & Get The Game Then Put It In My BackPack I Have Done This Before With Pre Odering Mario Party 8
  • edited October 2008
    Wait.... you guys don't even know when it's coming out? I went to GameStop today and I was bummed. They said it would be in on the 15th. What went down? :mad:
  • edited October 2008
    The Mu wrote: »
    Wait.... you guys don't even know when it's coming out? I went to GameStop today and I was bummed. They said it would be in on the 15th. What went down? :mad:

Yea, I called the store and they said it will come out on the 15th too. Oh well. Longer anticipation for the release, I guess... ^^;

The only thing I'm sad about is I won't be able to wear my costume or even pick the game up on the 15th (I'll need someone to get it for me). Having two jobs can be a blessing and a curse... :/
Sign in to comment in this discussion.