Forum Of The Dead (Story Is Finished!)

Comments

• 1) I’m going to leave this room.

TDMshadowCP (!) Follow the road down to where Bianca went. More lighting struck as I stood out here making a decision. Maybe I really

• 1) I’m going to leave this room.

TDMshadowCP (!) Follow the road down to where Bianca went. More lighting struck as I stood out here making a decision. Maybe I really

• 2) I’m going to stay in here.

• edited October 2015

TDMshadowCP

(!) I’m going to leave this room.

Without wasting any time I quickly ran toward the door and exited the room. I was in a brightly-lit corridor with only one door at the end of the left side. I ran for it, clutching my chest and trying to ignore the pain as much as I could. Once I reached the door I opened it and went through. The door had led to another brightly-lit corridor with another door at the end. I ran for that door and opened it. Once I went through, it was the same exact thing. I decided to go through the door at the end just to be sure and to no surprise it led me to the same brightly-lit corridor with only one door at the end.

“I thought you wanted to escape, Elian?” Suddenly the voice from before was talking to me. I could hear him in my head.

“What?! How are-”

He cut me off and answered, “Telepathy. And also your wounds are healed.”

I checked myself and he was correct, not a scratch on me. “What is this!? Some sort of sick joke!? What the hell is going on!?” I was getting frustrated. None of this was making sense to me. It was like I was trapped in a dream but at the same time it all felt too real.

“The problem is that you’re too eager to escape. You’re not seeing the picture here, close your eyes and think for a moment… You remember your name, and you remember Roy. Flashbacks of you two talking in an alleyway and the word ‘danger’-”

I interrupted him. “How do you know that?! Just who exactly are you…?”

“It doesn’t matter who I am, right now you need to put all your thought and focus onto that alleyway where you were speaking to Roy. It’s the only way to get out of this endless corridor. I can only help you if you allow me to. Close your eyes and focus...”

I closed my eyes and tried to think about Roy and the alleyway that we were speaking in. “Why can’t I remember anything else? Do you know what happened to me? Or where I am?”

“Too many questions will only keep you confused. The answers are right in front of you but you have to open up your eyes… Open them now and see for yourself.”

I slowly opened them and there I was… I was in the dark alleyway that I was speaking to Roy in. “What the…? But how?” I asked myself. I couldn’t hear the voice in my head anymore, it seemed like I was on my own now. I spotted Roy coming out of an apartment. He had on the same clothes he was wearing when I found him dead at that office.

“Alright, Elian. We’re in danger,” he tells me. He was carrying a brown bag and he looked around before pulling out a handgun that was inside it. “Take this gun, we’ll need it where we’re going.”

“Roy…? Is that really you?”

“Come on, man. This is no time for you to be acting stupid. Take the damn gun and let’s get the hell out of here.”

“Here? Where are we?”

Roy lightly tapped my head, “Hello! Earth to Elian! Anybody home! Quit messing around.”

“Roy, I don’t know what the hell is going on but… I woke up earlier today and you were dead! Your throat was slashed and… so much crazy shit has happened after that. I couldn’t remember a damn thing except for my name and yours. I don’t even know who you are but I remember we talked in this alleyway in this very spot and you said the word ‘danger’ like before.”

“Wait… are you on drugs?”

“No! Alright, listen to me, something happened to me, I woke up in an office and you were there too only you were dead. The buIlding that I was in had men and women dressed in business clothing. I managed to escape and some woman named Bianca was waiting for me inside a car. Do you know who she is?”

“Bianca? Isn’t she the lady you met with every Sunday morning at that Juicy-Latte place?”

“What? Where is that place? Show me.”

“Whoa, whoa, slow down. First of all, what are you talking about that you saw me dead?”

“Your throat was slashed! I don’t know who killed you but I saw it with my own two eyes.”

“Really…?” Roy turned around and scratched his head. He turned back around to look at me. “Maybe I’m already dead, Elian,” he said to me. Blood started running down out of his throat and I could see that it was sliced open again.

“What the fuck!?” I shouted.

“Shoot me, Elian. I’m already dead so it won’t matter. Shoot me,” Roy told me.

Roy’s gun was suddenly in my hand. “How the-wha-what the hell!?”

“Do it. Aim for my head and pull the trigger.” Blood just kept gushing out of him and a pool of blood was forming on the ground.

I started to slowly move back. “No, no! This isn’t real!”

“Of course it is. You have to shoot me now.”

“No, I… I can’t!”

“You can. Aim and shoot me.”

“Why!?” I was conflicted, I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t decipher what was real or not. Roy’s voice was in my head repeating the same line over and over again. He was telling me to shoot him. I was beginning to get a headache, I had to do something…

1) Do as he says and shoot Roy.

2) Shoot myself in the head.

VOTING FOR THIS PART IS CLOSED!

• 2) Shoot myself in the head.

Lay off the fucking shrooms.

TDMshadowCP (!) I’m going to leave this room. Without wasting any time I quickly ran toward the door and exited the room. I was in a b

• I don't know, he became weird out of nowhere....

Meh.

TDMshadowCP (!) I’m going to leave this room. Without wasting any time I quickly ran toward the door and exited the room. I was in a b

• 2) Shoot myself in the head.

• **2) Shoot myself in the head.**

• No do nothing option ;-;

• edited October 2015

TDMshadowCP

(!) Shoot myself in the head.

I think I was starting to lose my mind. Nothing was making sense anymore, nothing seemed real, everything and everyone around me… I just didn’t know what was going on. I placed the gun’s muzzle on my temple.

Roy was still talking, “Shoot me, Elian.”

“No! There’s only one way to end all of this madness… I know what I have to do.” I closed my eyes and gritted my teeth. I had to put a stop to this once and for all. My hand was shaking, I placed my index finger on the trigger and slowly squeezed it until a loud bang was heard and then there was nothing but darkness…

There was ringing in my ears, I slowly opened my eyes and everything was bright. “Did you think it would be that easy?” I heard the same voice from before, the person who was speaking to me through telepathy.

“What!?” I quickly jolted up but I noticed that I was strapped down onto a bed. “No, no, no! How am I still alive!?”

The bed suddenly lIfted and started moving forward, I could see something in the shadows but I couldn’t make out what it was. “You’re still alive because we allow it.”

“Who are you!? What the hell is going on!?” The shadowy figures started moving forward, once they came out of the shadows I realized that they were some sort of alien-like creatures. They had really long heads, legs and fingers, they appeared to be around seven feet tall. My eyes widened. “What -- what the fuck?!”

“Hello, Elian,” one of them spoke, he had the same voice as the person who I was hearing in my head.

“It was you! You’re the one…!”

“Correct. I was the voice inside your head, a sort of conscious if you will… I was trying to guide you toward the right path, but as predicted, you still made your own choices.”

“My own choices? What are you talking about? What the hell are you!?”

“First of all, as you can clearly see, we’re not the same species as you, we’re not ‘human’. To you we may seem weird looking or scary, but what if you’re the odd looking one to us?”

I was baffled. “What? How did I get here?! What do you want?!”

“We brought you here. We’ve been here since the very beginning of time itself, we’ve been here for Millinillions of years… the universe is older than you think. We traveled to many other ‘planets’ as your species calls them, we encountered other species, some like ourselves and others, not so much… but we were the first. The more we traveled to other planets, the more information we gathered… it was a slow and arduous process, we even had to eradicate other species and their homelands because they didn’t have the same vision as us. We wanted to create a species that would have absolute free will. The power to think for itself and learn as it ages. To gather information and store it so it could remember later on, that way it would be able to make mistakes, reflect on them, and then make a better choice in the future.”

“What? Are you saying you created humans?!”

“Yes. We were the very ones that created your whole solar system, in fact… It started with one star, you humans have named it the ‘Sun’. From there we went on to create other planets until one of them caught our attention… Earth. For the first time we were able to create a place where other species could roam free and live there without dying out. Of course it didn’t start with human beings at first, no, your species came much later on… We watched as countless centuries went by… we waited for the perfect opportunity to finally test out your species. We watched as you evolved… Humans were getting smarter, taller, they were able to communicate with each other, they were able to understand that they needed to beat out the competition and survive. Ironically though, the smarter your species got, the more idiotic they were getting without even realizing it. Humans started hating each other, wars waged on, one country wanted to rule other countries, senseless murder and violence. The more this went on, the more we noticed that your species weren’t turning out like we hoped. We had given you too much free will so we had to do something about it. Years went by and we started to slowly regain control of everything, there were still complications though, and some of that hatred and violence never went away. We realized that it was in your nature to destroy yourselves, to beat out the competition until there was only one survivor. The human brain was more advanced than we could have ever hoped, but it goes deeper than that…”

“No! None of that is true! None of this is real! I’m just having a really bad nightmare!” I told myself.

“This is real,” The creature told me, I saw his face shapeshifting to Roy’s. “The human brain may be advanced, but it’s still too primitive to understand any of this.” His face shapeshifted to Bianca’s. “Elian, you were supposed to go to the city! I told you that!” His face shapeshifted to mine. “We do experiments like these all the time, to see what choices you would make… once you started making the wrong ones we knew how predictable you would be. We had to try to put you on the right path but again, your free will kicked in.” His face shapeshifted back to it’s original form. “Ever feel like someone else was making the choices for you? Like you wanted to do something but other people made the choice that you weren’t originally going to make? Have you ever wondered that?”

“What is going on?!”

“You see, we watched as you escaped the building, you entered the car and you were headed toward the right path, once you were left in front of the city… something happened. You chose to go after Bianca instead of going to the city that was right in front of you. You thought to yourself that maybe going after her wasn’t going to help you, but you did it anyway.”

“What…? How do you know that? I was originally going to go to the city but for some reason I thought that going after her on foot and trying to catch up to her would have giving me more answers. It felt like someone else had made that choice for me…”

“We were testing out your abilities to think and act freely, you were making your own destiny, humans are extraordinary… No matter how much you try to control them, they always seem to want to do things their own way. We set a path for you and you chose the opposite, amazing.”

“So you were trying to see if you could control me?”

“Not at all, we could do that with ease if we wanted to. This whole thing was only a simulation. We were testing you, you were our first subject, we gave you a blank start. No memory except for your name and Roy’s warning.”

“A simulation? And who the hell is he by the way?”

“Roy never existed, he was just a ruse for you to get out of the building and see what you would do next. You only saw and heard what we wanted you to see and hear.”

“So none of it was real then?”

“Everything was real. Like we said before, the human brain is still too primitive to comprehend any of this. For example, people who take drugs and see visions before them, those are real images that we have hidden away from you. They’re all around you watching every time, but you can’t see them because eventually you’ll lose your mind. If everyone saw the real Earth than the human race would be wiped out. Too much for the brain to handle.”

“But it felt like I was dreaming… like none of it was real.”

“Ever wonder why you have dreams? Those are actually the memories of other humans that have died before you.”

“What?! How can I have their memories?!”

“Once a human dies, we have to reset the brain. We do this by simply implementing all the memories onto a newborn infant, that way we can keep monitoring their progress. Deja vu occurs because it is the memory of someone else, when you die in a nightmare you’re reliving the death of someone from an alternate universe.”

“Stop! This is making my head hurt! None of this makes sense!”

“Of course it doesn’t, a human brain can only handle so much. Everything you see on TV is also real in another universe, those monsters, time travel, futuristic places, vampires and zombies… all of that is real in alternate universes. There are many versions of yourself as well, some slightly taller or shorter, they could have the same amount of hair except one centimeter shorter, they could even be older or younger or the opposite gender and even a completely different species altogether. We have created all those universes to see which ones would advance more rapidly. Sadly your species still has a long way to go. It seems like almost every human has the same agenda, to pass on their genes and let their offspring pass down their legacy to future generations, too bad history is a lie. Some of you humans have cheated from birth, some are born richer than others, it was never intended to be this way, everyone was supposed to start off the same.”

“Just stop! Everything you’re saying isn’t true!”

“We understand that you can’t handle the truth. There was also a time when your Earth was becoming overpopulated, we had to share some of our technology to keep you from overpopulating. The technology you see today was made possible because we allowed it. You don’t realize it but the more you humans spend time on your phones and computers the more you’re slowly killing yourselves and stopping the growth of evolution. Not only that, but humans spend billions on weapons alone just to murder other humans. Our plan is to control you to a point, but to still allow you to do what you want. Those who can’t follow the rules will be punished while those who do follow the rules will be rewarded. It’s as simple as that.”

“What are you!?”

“We’re called ‘The Nameless’. You may also refer to us as ‘Gods’. We are the reason why anything and everything exists. You only live because we allow it. We will never stop monitoring your progress until you humans finally get everything right. We have much more to discuss, but it already seems like your brain has overloaded and will shut down any moment now.”

“No! I’ll tell everyone about you! I’ll tell them all everything I know!”

“Don’t worry… where you’re going, no one will ever believe you.”

“No!” The creatures got closer to me and one of them held something in their hand, the device clamped onto my head and suddenly everything had gone completely white…

InfinteDawn - Several months later.

“Patient number 247. Now this patient is very interesting. He tells us that he keeps seeing these creatures and that they tell him all about how life started and why we’re here… how they were the ones to create us and that we’re all just being monitored and tested by them to see how far we have progressed over the years,” I told the intern while giving her the tour of the mental hospital.

“Wow, really? Amazing how some of these patients come up with this stuff. I can’t wait to talk to some of them and see how much I could help them.”

“Yes… but as you can see, patient 247 seems to be a lost cause. He mostly just sits in a corner rocking back and forth and he only speaks about the creatures once a month. It’s gotten to the point where he can’t even communicate properly with anyone else and sometimes just stays up all night screaming. He thinks everything he talks about is real and it slowly just made him go mad over these past months. We found him outside an alleyway, he was on the ground in a fetal position talking about the creatures and screaming at anyone who got near him… it’s pretty sad actually.”

“Man… so there’s no way to help him?”

“No, we tried countless of times. It’s best to just let him be, he even stopped taking his medication and we had to force it to him. But he just never talks about anything else… we’ll still try our best but it seems like nothing can help him.”

“Trapped for eternity in your own twisted imagination… now that’s a real nightmare.”

“Yes, it is.” I looked at my watch. “Well it’s time for lunch, you go on ahead to the cafeteria and I’ll meet you there shortly,” I told the intern with a smile. She nodded and headed on her way. Once she left I turned my head to look at Elian rocking back and forth in the corner of his room. “Good. Everything is going according to plan and no one’s the wiser,” I said to myself with a smile. I started laughing and then walked away, no one would ever find out the truth of what happened. No one.

End FOTD Tales: Untold Truth

• k

TDMshadowCP (!) Shoot myself in the head. I think I was starting to lose my mind. Nothing was making sense anymore, nothing seemed rea

• Holy shit. That was great, although I'm now starting to question my existence. How do you come up with this stuff?

TDMshadowCP (!) Shoot myself in the head. I think I was starting to lose my mind. Nothing was making sense anymore, nothing seemed rea

• Yeah this short story was supposed to just be a mindfuck and confuse the reader and keep them wondering just wtf was going on and then do a complete 180 at the end and just confuse you even more and start wondering about things. And because 'they' allowed me to come up with this stuff lol jk, movies, books and TV shows had an influence. Haunted Mansion short story should come out "nooS".

Holy shit. That was great, although I'm now starting to question my existence. How do you come up with this stuff?

• nooS

Yeah this short story was supposed to just be a mindfuck and confuse the reader and keep them wondering just wtf was going on and then do a

• TDMshadowCPTDMshadowCP Banned
    edited October 2015

Why am I in denial about it lmao

• Pro when he heavily hints Season 2 but denies it:

enter image description here

• "Season 2"?

Lol...

Pro when he heavily hints Season 2 but denies it:

• More like

"Season 2"? Lol...

• edited October 2015

Name: Patrick (Pat for short)

Nationality: British (af)

Personality: Intelligent, articulate, finds it hard to kill unless it has to be done and tries to find an alternative, stubborn

Was thinking of adding a few new people for the FOTD Tales short stories, but if you guys just want me to use people that were already in th

• Alright cool, your character will show up in the Haunted Mansion short story.

Patrick_ posted: »

Name: Patrick (Pat for short) Nationality: British (af) Personality: Intelligent, articulate, finds it hard to kill unless it has to be done and tries to find an alternative, stubborn

• Name: Elias

Nationality: Canadian

Personality: Extroverted, Indecisive, Loyal, Kind.

Was thinking of adding a few new people for the FOTD Tales short stories, but if you guys just want me to use people that were already in th

• edited November 2015

FOTD TALES: Night of Fright

AllThatRemains

Driving back home after spending two months away on a much needed vacation, summer was coming to an end and soon I would be off to college with all my friends. Although we weren’t all going to the same college, I wanted to spend as much time as I could with them before we all headed on our own separate ways.

After driving for a couple of hours, I finally made it to Darkfield town, my home. Way back when, this town used to be owned by witches, during the day they would parade around like ordinary citizens but as soon as nightfall came they would go into the Dark Forest and ritually dance around naked, performing spell crafts and summoning demons. Sometimes they would even sacrifice an unfortunate soul foolish enough to embark on a journey to try to capture one of the witches for a handsome reward. They lived for centuries among the ordinary people of this town until one day they were hunted down and killed by numerous townsfolk who were done putting up with their witchery. It was much like the Salem witch trials where a number of witches (mostly women) were hung, burned alive and drowned to death, or so the story goes.

Still to this day there have been reports of a few witch sightings, but mostly they’ve been proven to be false or typical hijinks from the high school teens around here who go around pulling pranks on people to try to scare them. I haven’t personally seen any witches or unusual activity around my town, but there have been a few times at night where I could hear screaming outside when I’m trying to sleep. I remember waking up one night to the sound of someone yelling for help, I got up out of bed and looked out my window towards the Dark Forest and I remember seeing some strange colorful lights in the sky. The next morning on the news there were reports of numerous teens gone missing while exploring the Dark Forest. I don’t know what it was about that forest but almost one hundred percent of the time whenever someone went there they would usually end up missing never to be seen again. The officials prohibited anyone from entering the forest and warned us to stay away for our own good. That was years ago, but that didn’t stop people from trying to discover what was so mysterious about the Dark Forest. Every year a few people try to go into the forest and see if they can make it out alive, none have been successful so far.

I reached my house and parked the car, my friends were already outside waiting to welcome me. I got out and smiled at them. “Welcome home!” They all greeted.

“It’s good to be back!” I replied.

Gustavo (Gustav_Kenny) came up to me with wide open arms and proceeded to hug me, the rest of the crew did the same. “Goddamn, Maddi (AllThatRemains), these past two months went by so slow without you!” Gus told me.

“We missed you so much!” Marissa (_ Juice_Box_) said.

“Good to have you back, we’ll get your luggage for you and help you unpack,” Tristen (TheWalkingSheep) told me.

“Hey, Maddi!” I heard Jay (WhatTheDuck) and turned my head to spot him walking down the sidewalk and coming over to greet me, we hugged once he reached us. “Damn you missed a lot, these past two months were really crazy.”

“Oh really? What happened? And where are the rest of the others?” I asked them.

“The others will meet us right outside of the Dark Forest tonight. I told them to meet us there for one last thrilling adventure before this summer ends,” Gus said.

I turned my head to look at him. “The Dark Forest? What do you mean, Gus?”

“Yeah, the Dark Forest. You know the stories already, Maddi. Gus planned this whole thing and we were all just waiting until you returned before we set out to go there,” Jay explained.

“That’s right, all those stories about those people gone missing, don’t you want to find out what all the fuss is about? This will probably be our only opportunity before we all head to college where we’ll probably not see each other for a long time. We have to go to that forest tonight and we’ll be the first to make it out of there alive,” Gus said while taking the last of my luggage into my house.

We all proceeded to walk into my house right after, following Gus along the way. “Yeah, we all know the stories. I’m not really sure, what if something goes horribly wrong and we end up getting lost or worse...” I was wary about this idea of his, I was all up for an adventure, but with all the stories of the missing people, I wasn’t too sure.

“Those stories are just bullshit, completely made up. They just tell us those stories to keep us away from the forest. There’s probably something there that they don’t want us to find out, that’s the only reason it would be closed to the public,” Tristen said.

“See? Tristen gets it. Maddi, we’re all going to leave this town soon, and we all know the history of it with the witches that inhabited this place long before we were all even born. We’re all eighteen now and we’re old enough to make our own choices, we can become legends in this town before we all leave it once and for all,” Gus told me.

“I’m just not really sure, I want to spend our last day of summer together as much as possible, but this could be dangerous. I’m just saying we should think rationally.”

“I’m with Maddi on this, I’m not really sure about this either. This sounds more like one of your dimwitted ideas, Gus, no offense,” Mari told him. Mari was always the moral compass of this group of colorful characters. It was good to see that she at least agreed with me.

“We won’t go there unprepared, we’ll take some snacks, weapons and other useful items to help us along the way. We’ll be fine, don’t worry so much,” Gus told her.

“Shit, I survived these past two months by only eating sheepskin condoms, I think I’ll be okay,” Jay said jokingly.

Tristen and Gus laughed at the joke. Gus turned to look at me. “The others will already be waiting for us tonight at the Dark Forest, and they’re dying to see you. I’m not going to cancel this, I’ve been planning it for two long months now. We have to do this.”

I turned to look at Mari. “Whatever you decide, Maddi. I’ll go with what you want to do.”

I sighed and turned to look back at Gus. “Fine. As long as we all stick together and stay safe, hopefully nothing bad happens…”

“I knew you wouldn’t let us down,” Gus said with a smile.

“Nice! I’ll start heading home and I’ll meet you guys at the Dark Forest later,” Tristen told us.

“In that case, I’ll head home too so I can beat my mea—I mean uh, so I can play with myself, I mean by myself… yeah, I’ll just play some video games to pass the time. See ya later,” Jay said while leaving.

“I’m going to call up the others and let them know that we’re on for tonight, meet us tonight at the Dark Forest around midnight,” Gus said before leaving.

“Well that’s it then,” Mari said. “The others will be happy to see you, but I’m still not sure about this. Are you sure you’re okay with it?”

“Yeah, I mean, I’m not too fond of the whole idea, but I think we should all be okay as long as we all know where we all are at all times. Besides, I want to see the rest of the crew again, it’s been too long and I’ve really missed all of you.”

Mari smiled. “We all missed you too. I’m really glad you’re back, and I guess you’re right, I think we’ll all be okay. I should probably start heading home, the sun’s already going down and my mom’s making homemade pizza for dinner tonight.”

“That sounds good, I should probably finish unpacking but truth be told, I’m ready to fall asleep right here on my couch. I’m so exhausted from my trip back here, I barely had enough hours of sleep last night.”

“Well at least you’ll be well rested for tonight’s Dark Forest adventure. Speaking of parents, where are yours?”

“They’re both on a vacation as well, I didn’t find out until last minute but they’ll be back tomorrow.”

“If only we would have known that, maybe we could have thrown a welcoming party for you, but guess we have to settle for a creepy forest at night. Well, can’t always have what you want, right?”

“True, a party would have been much better, but I guess the Dark Forest is better than nothing. I just really hope everything goes well.”

“We’ll find out tonight,” Mari said with a smile. She hugged me and then headed toward the door. “I’ll see you later tonight, bring some snacks and whatever else will be useful for us. Take care, Maddi.”

“Will do. Goodbye, Mari.” And there I was all alone in my house. I was glad to finally be back, but my parents wouldn’t be arriving until the next day. At least I wouldn’t be alone for too long, I still had to go see my other friends who would all be waiting for me at the Dark Forest tonight. I laid down on the couch and started thinking, I was hoping that Gus was right about this whole thing. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

...Later that night I had woken up around eleven-thirty in the evening. I grabbed a few things and then started making my way over to the Dark Forest. It was eerily quiet out here this time of night, there was no one outside and it almost seemed like a ghost town. There were only a few cars passing by very slowly once in awhile, but other than that this town seemed pretty empty, like I was the only one living here. I reached my destination right outside of the Dark Forest and everyone was there waiting for me as expected.

“Well if it isn’t the princess herself!” Regan (Talimancer) shouted. He was the mischievous one out of the bunch, although small in stature, Regan always knew how to joke around, but there were times when he took it too far and ended up hurting people's feelings.

“Shut the fuck up, Regan, we don’t want to be seen or heard before we even get a chance to enter the forest,” Patrick (Patrick_) told him.

“Why are you being so salty? I’m just welcoming Maddi back because it would be rude not to.”

“Both of you should be quiet now,” Elias (#TeamSarah) told them both.

“Shut the fuck up!” They both retorted, glaring at each other and getting ready to fight.

“All right, break it up! Enough!” Romy (romybarboza77) tried to stop them all from tearing each other apart. “Jesus, you guys act like wild animals, let’s just have a moment of peace and welcome Maddi back properly.”

“He’s right, all of you should get those sticks out of your asses and act nice for once,” Scarlett (BadassScarlett) butted in. She was an attractive girl and had nice… assets, so to speak. Some of the guys drooled over her like some untrained dogs trying to get a treat without any proper self-control.

“Whatever,” Elias started walking away from them and came up to hug me. “God, I missed you!”

“Me to, Elias. I missed all of you. I had fun on my vacation but I would much rather spend my time with all of you guys.”

“Welcome back, sorry about that little argument just now. That’s not how we planned to welcome you back, Maddi,” Pat told me.

“It’s okay, I expect a few arguments here and there from all of us once in awhile. I’m just glad to be back and it’s so good to see you all once again,” I told them with a smile.

“Same here, we missed you and we were counting down the days to your return. Good to finally have you back with us,” Romy told me.

“Well, now that we got all that mushy stuff out of the way, let’s get back to business. We’re here for one thing and one thing only, and that’s to conquer this damn forest and prove to everyone that we can and will make it out alive! We’ll be legends among these imbeciles and we’ll prove to them that there’s absolutely nothing to be afraid of in this forest. All that talk about missing people is just bullshit, we’ll prove them all wrong! Now, is everyone ready?” Gus asked.

“Yeah, I just finished my hershey squirts earlier, I’m ready to go,” Jay said.

“Ew… too much information, Jay,” Mari told him.

“Nonsense, there’s no such thing as ‘too much information’.”

“Well let’s get to it then, I’m ready as well,” Tristen said.

Gus started speaking again. “Here’s the deal then, we’ll spend the entire night in the forest, there will be two teams of five. My group and Maddi’s group—“

“Whoa what? How come you get your own group, Gus? I can understand Maddi, but you?” Scarlett asked.

“Simple, my dear,” Gus smiled. “Because I planned this whole fucking thing by myself! And second… for those wondering, Maddi gets her own group because it’s her first day back home after a long two months away from here. It’s only fair, right?”

Everyone stared at each other and seemed to agree. “Okay, you make a valid point, Gus. So who’s going to be in your team and who’s going to be in mine?” I asked.

“And what about snacks and supplies? Which team will have an advantage against the other?” Elias asked.

“Hold that thought, Elias. Before all of you start taking out all your goodies from your bags, I’m going to pick the group members of each team without knowing who has what, that way we won’t know what everyone has until they’ve been assigned to their respective teams,” Gus explained.

“I know you planned this whole thing and I respect that, but why not let Maddi choose the teams for us? It’s her first day back and I think she should do it,” Mari told him.

“No way, my idea, so I get to pick.”

“Let’s just take a moment to think about this. How about we let Maddi decide what to do? Maybe she does or doesn’t want to pick the teams, so I don’t know,” Tristen suggested.

Gus turned to look at me. “Hmm, maybe. I guess I don’t mind. But this was my idea to begin with, just saying.”

“What do you say, Maddi? Should Gus pick the group members for the teams, or should you?” Romy asked me.

I had a decision to make. Gus wasn’t showing it but I knew he was a bit annoyed at the fact that everyone wasn’t too keen on letting him pick and choose, it was his idea anyway, so I guess I know how he feels. Everyone was staring at me and waiting for me to say something, maybe if I chose the people for my team I would have a better advantage because I would be able to pick the people I trust the most out of our group. It was time to make up my mind.

1) Let Gus choose the teams.

2) Let Maddi choose the teams.

VOTING CLOSED! Gus will choose the teams and he picked: Regan, Tristen, Scarlett and Patrick. So Maddi's team will be: Marissa, Jay, Romy and Elias.

• edited November 2015

2) Let Gus choose the teams.

Gus better put me and Scarlett in the same group

FOTD TALES: Night of Fright AllThatRemains Driving back home after spending two months away on a much needed vacation, summer was com

• ComingSoonComingSoon Banned
    edited November 2015

2) Let Gus choose the teams.

Gustav_Kenny's vote: Let Gus choose the teams.

Talimancer's vote: Let Gus choose the teams.

FOTD TALES: Night of Fright AllThatRemains Driving back home after spending two months away on a much needed vacation, summer was com

• 2) Let Maddi choose the teams.

I'd probably let Gus have Regan either way lol

• 2)Let Maddi choose the teams.

• Let Maddi choose the teams

Sorry Gussyboo :(

• 2) Let Maddi choose the teams.

• 1) Let Gus choose the teams.

I don't know... Gus planned all this.... kind of reminds me of someone named Josh. Do not want to get on his bad side if this goes where I think this is going.

• 2) Team Gus 4 Lyfe

• enter image description here

BlueShadiw posted: »

2) Team Gus 4 Lyfe

• What cannot be unseen cannot be unseen by the unseen.

• edited November 2015

2) Maddi choose the teams

I guess if everyone wasn't to keen on Gus choosing

• 1) Let Gus choose the teams.

• edited November 2015

TheWalkingSheep

(!) Let Gus choose the teams.

We were all waiting for Maddi to say something, she looked at us and then at Gus. She finally spoke. “Let Gus choose the teams,” she said. “This was his idea and he’s been planning it for two months so it’s only fair to let him pick.”

“Yes! Damn right!” Gus was ecstatic.

“Okay, that’s cool, I don’t have any problems with that,” I told them.

“So what are the teams, Gus?” Pat asked him.

Gus crossed his arms and stared at us. “Hmm, okay, listen up! Team A, which is my team, will consist of: Me, Regan, Tristen, Scralett and Pat. The rest of you go with Maddi for Team B.”

Regan started laughing. “So it’s team alpha versus team pussy!”

“Great, I’m stuck with Regan…,” Pat said sarcastically.

“As long as I’m with Scarlett I’m good,” I said. Scarlett turned her head to me and smiled.

“That’s okay, we’re going to be the team that wins anyway,” Jay told us.

“Oh really? And why is that?” Regan asked.

“Because I brought along the best item to help us.”

“Speaking of,” Gus spoke. “Now that we’ve been assigned to our teams, let’s check our bags and see who brought what.”

“I’ll go first,” Scarlett said while searching through her bag. “Obvious snacks, and this baby,” She pulled out a machete.

“Whoa, nice. Never know if we might need that,” I said. “I’ll go next.” I took out a box of cookies and some condoms.

“Really, bro…?” Romy asked. “Why the condoms?”

“So I can fuck your mom later, that’s why.”

Everyone started laughing. “Fuck you, Tristen, your balls haven’t even dropped yet, you’re not man enough for my mom.”

“Watch your tongue,” Scarlett told him.

“The only place I’ll watch my tongue is when it’s inside your—“

I interrupted him before he finished his sentence. “Hey! Shut up, Romy. Don’t you dare.” I knew Romy had a thing for Scarlett, but there was no way I was going to let him disrespect her, even if he was just joking.

“Whatever,” he said. Romy started going through his bag and took out some bags of chips and candy bars. “That’s all I have. Who’s next?”

“Guess I’ll show you guys what I brought,” Regan told us. He took out a lighter and some rope.

“Nice, mate,” Gus told him. “My turn.” He took out some bottles of water and two walkie-talkies. “I’ll give one of the walkie-talkies to Maddi so we’ll be able to communicate just in case our teams get separated or something.”

Gus handed over the walkie-talkie to Maddi, she then proceeded to look through her bag. “Some snacks, and a knife.”

Mari spoke up. “I was going to bring some snacks but there weren’t any left, but I brought a flashlight so that should be useful.”

“I brought a knife, some Coco Pops and a video camera to record what happens here tonight,” Pat told us.

“Good thinking,” Gus replied. “Next?”

“Me!” Elias spoke. “I brought two energy bars,” he said with a smile.

“That’s it?” Maddi asked.

Elias frowned. “It was all I could find! Sorry…”

“And last but not least, Jay. What did you bring?” Gus asked.

Jay looked through his bag and took out a baseball bat. “This right here. Just in case we run into some trouble. Oh, and also some toilet paper just in case you guys shit yourselves from something that might scare you in the forest.”

“Good idea, Jay, a bunch of betas like yourselves are going to need that,” Regan told him.

“Why don’t I just give the toilet paper to you since you might need a diaper change later on, Regan.”

“Nah, you keep that roll for yourself since you can’t seem to control your urge to fap all the time.”

“How’d you know?” Jay said sarcastically. “You might be right since I also brought the nudes your mom sent me earlier today.”

“Oh you got them too, Jay? Nice,” I told with while laughing.

“All jokes aside, that’s a good idea to bring that bat,” Maddi told him.

“Nothing’s going to happen, there’s no one in this forest,” Romy told him.

“Well if there is someone, they better wish not to get in my way or else I’m shoving this bat up their ass and breaking it off in there.”

“Goddamn, you’re into some weird shit, Jay,” I told him.

“Only the best,” he replied.

“Okay that’s everyone. Now we can head into the forest but here are the rules for tonight, we have to spend the entire night in the forest, if anyone from either team leaves before sunrise, then you’re out! You won’t take part when they interview us and we show up on the news as the legends of Darkfield town. I don’t care what happens, if you leave before sunrise then don’t bother trying to explain and don’t complain when they’re praising us, it’ll be your fault that you won’t be part of it, understood?” Gus explained.

“Got it,” we all nodded in agreement.

“With that said, before we enter the forest, if anyone wants to leave now then do so. Don’t bother wasting our time or failing your team later on.” Gus looked at us. “Ready Team A?”

“Yeah we’re ready,” I replied.

Gus looked at Maddi. “Maddi?”

She looked at her team members and they all nodded. She looked back at Gus. “We’re ready.”

“Very well. No turning back now, let’s head into the Dark Forest,” Gus said with a smile. We all followed his lead.

The truth was that I didn’t care whose team I was on as long as I was paired up with Scarlett. We’ve been talking more these last two months and she seemed to care about me more than the other group members. We sort of had a fling going on as well that we kept under wraps, I was hoping that maybe tonight I could get lucky again, she was the only one on my mind.

WhatTheDuck

“And the next thing I knew this girl grabbed my nuts and started gobbling them up,” Romy was telling me another one of his funny stories as we walked through the Dark Forest.

“What the hell? Just out of nowhere like that?”

“Yeah, man. It was the honey roasted nuts too, my favorite. She literally just grabbed the can out of my hands and nearly devoured the whole thing like she’s never eaten anything before in her life. That was a sad day for me, I was in total shock, I didn’t even realize that she had finished the whole can before it was too late.”

“Goddamn, you’re lucky that was the only thing she devoured.”

“Ain’t that the truth?” He replied.

We kept walking and following the others. The Dark Forest looked mystical, none of us had ever been here before and it felt like we were discovering a whole new world. The Dark Forest got it’s name because of the black-colored leaves on the trees, legend has it that the witches who used to dance around her did some sort of witchcraft to turn them all that color. Darkfield town was a place of mystery, sometimes it even feels like some of the spells the witches crafted still linger in the air. Even after death, I can feel their presence around here.

I looked at the others and was glad to see everyone getting along so far, although I joke around a lot, I still have a heart of gold and I mean well. It was good to see Maddi was talking to the rest of the group almost as if she never left in the first place, we were all together now, just like before, just like always. Spending a night in some uncharted forest wasn’t the greatest idea for a welcoming party, but I was hoping that everyone would be okay by the end of this night.

After several minutes had gone by, we were still walking through the forest, following a dirt path that led to who knows where. “How much further, Gus?” Mari asked.

“I don’t even know, I was just following this dirt path. I don’t know where the hell we’re going.”

“Really? You brought us out here without doing some research first, you cock juggling thunder cunt,” I told him.

“I did my research, mate. Only about ten to fifteen percent of this forest has been discovered. The rest is uncharted.”

“Well snicker pit dicks… I thought you at least had an idea on where to go first. You don’t have a sense of direction, do you, Gus?”

“Nope. But don’t worry too much. We’ll be okay if we just follow this path, I’m sure of it.”

“Whatever you say, Gus. If we’re not back in town by sunrise then I'm slicing your balls off with this machete and I’ll personally deliver them to your parents once I’m out of here,” Scarlett told him.

“Feisty as fuck. Tristen you need to learn to control your bitch,” Regan told him.

“Shut up, Regan. Scarlett can do whatever she wants, and if she wants to cut your balls off with her machete as well, then I’m not going to stop her,” Tristen replied.

“Good luck with that, she probably doesn’t even know how to handle that thing.”

“It’s okay, we all know Regan doesn’t have any balls anyway,” Scarlet said.

“I’ll prove to you that I have balls when I’m teabagging your face tonight.”

“You guys act like a bunch of kids. It would be funny seeing the ‘legends’ acting so immaturely once they ask to see the video of our adventure into the Dark Forest,” Pat told them.

“Doesn’t matter, everyone will see how much better team alpha is compared to team beta over there,” Regan replied while turning back to look at our team.

“You probably won’t even show up on camera considering how short you are,” I replied.

“All these jokes tonight are killing me,” Maddi said while laughing. “I missed all of this, it’s good to be hanging out with you all again.”

“Likewise,” Said Elias. “Just like the good old days.”

“I knew this wouldn’t be a bad idea, I told you guys,” Gus said. We had walked for nearly an hour now and then suddenly Gus saw something in the distance. “What’s that? Do you guys see that?”

“What Is it?” Mari asked.

“Come on!” Gus started running and we followed. It took about ten seconds before we came to a halt, once we all reached Gus we saw what had caught his attention. Right in front of us was a huge mansion, judging from the way it appeared, it looked condemned. It appeared that no one had lived there for a very long time. Some of the windows were broken and we could see the paint coming off of the mansion, there was even some rotting wood on the porch as well.

“Whoa! What the hell!?” Me and the rest of the crew were mesmerized and puzzled at the same time. Although the mansion seemed like it was about to fall apart, I was still in awe at how huge it was (that’s what she said). No one had any idea that this mansion was here, all the time we’ve lived in Darkfield town we’ve never heard of it ever before.

“Guys… holy shit, we’ve just hit the jackpot, albeit not real gold or treasure, but still…,” Gus knew we had just discovered something that would truly make us all legends of Darkfield town.

“Incredible!” Pat was recording the mansion with his video camera. “This is it, people, ever wonder what secrets the Dark Forest had? Take a look for yourselves!”

“All these years this mansion was here and no one ever discovered it?” Elias asked.

“Maybe they did or maybe they didn’t, maybe the people who did discover it never made it out of the forest. Plus, no one is allowed to enter the forest unauthorized, technically what we’re doing is illegal,” Mari explained.

“Well that won’t matter once we make headlines all over the place about this glorious mansion. This is probably what they didn’t want people to see. There has to be something in that mansion that will make us filthy rich! We have to go in there and see for ourselves.” Gus was more than eager to enter that mansion. With this new discovery, I was more than happy to oblige.

“Definitely, I wasn’t sure at first, but there has to be something in there for all of us,” I told them.

“Rich? What about being legends?” Elias asked.

“We’ll still have that, but now we can also be rich. We’ll be able to pay for college and travel wherever we want. Think about it, guys, this will be all over the news, people will be begging to interview us,” Gus told us.

Everyone looked at each other and smiled. “Fine, we’re all out here already anyway, might as well check the place out,” Romy said.

“Let’s stick together though, and communicate with each other to make sure we’re all safe,” Mari told us.

“Sounds good, just in case we have to split up,” Maddi said.

“Agreed, we need to look after one another,” Scarlett told.

We all put our hands out and on top of each other. “This is how our legend begins. Ready everyone? One, two, three… Legends!”

“Whoa, hold up, everyone, I saw a shadowy figure up in the second floor window,” Tristen said. He had surprised us with what he just told us.

“What? No way, you must be seeing things, no one’s lived there for ages,” Romy told him.

“How do you know? Just because it looks abandoned doesn’t mean someone isn’t in there. Maybe someone entered the forest before us and found the mansion before we got here.”

Tristen had a point, but maybe he really was just seeing things. We couldn’t be sure until we were all inside the mansion to see for ourselves. “Well let’s just find out then, shall we?” Gus told us.

Elias spoke up. “I suggest one team go in the front and another team check the back door, just in case.”

“That’s a good idea, we can cover more ground,” Scarlett told him.

“Everyone gather around,” Gus told us. “Which team should head through the front door and which team should enter through the back door?”

“Hmm, it doesn’t matter to me, we’ll all end up in the same place anyway, so whatever you guys decide,” Maddi told us.

“Jay, since you happily agreed with me earlier about entering the mansion, why don’t you decide for us? What should each team do?” Gus asked me.

We had two teams of five, one needed to go through the front door and another needed to go through the back door. We could all just go through the front but if Tristen was right about seeing someone on the second floor window then maybe we would be able to catch them before they tried to slip away through the back. Hmm, decisions, decisions…

1) Team A will go through the front door and Team B will go through the back.

2) Team B will go through the front door and Team A will go through the back.

VOTING CLOSED FOR THIS PART!

• edited November 2015

1) Team A will go through the front door and Team B will go through the back.

For recording purposes of course

TheWalkingSheep (!) Let Gus choose the teams. We were all waiting for Maddi to say something, she looked at us and then at Gus. She fi

• 2) Team B will go through the front door and Team A will go through the back.

TheWalkingSheep (!) Let Gus choose the teams. We were all waiting for Maddi to say something, she looked at us and then at Gus. She fi

• 2) Team B will go through the front door and Team A will go through the back.

• edited November 2015

1)Team A will go through the front door and Team B will go through the back.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.