Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• edited October 2014

Nah, I'll take my chances. I doubt it will lag too much, it's just that with those requirements I expect the worst. But, the worst have came and gone.

And, really, the only thing I'd need money for at the moment is for DA:I itself. It's not that I wouldn't have money for it, but I'm simply not used to buying AAA games, so, maybe I'm just being greedy for not willing to pay 60$ for Inquisition, but I'm really not greedy. That amount money is just a bit staggering for me.

Katalept posted: »

I doubt I'll win it, but since my current GPU is almost as good, I might just test the R9 290x and see whether or not it works and then deci

• I guess she'll say something like "Shanedan" or something like that. I wonder if I can respond with an Arishok-esque remark.

"Josephine disapproves -5".

I do wonder what Josephine's greeting will be for every race. She knows some elvish. I'll be impressed if she knows some Qunlat.

• edited October 2014

Do you have a Paypal account? What if I just wired the money to you? It seems Origin doesn't know how to send gifts to people like Steam does, but Paypal can be a good middleman.

Looks like it'll cost you about 1442 UAH, if I got that right.

Lingvort posted: »

Nah, I'll take my chances. I doubt it will lag too much, it's just that with those requirements I expect the worst. But, the worst have came

• I would definitely appreciate it, but I don't have Paypal account. I could make one, though.

Do you have a Paypal account? What if I just wired the money to you? It seems Origin doesn't know how to send gifts to people like Steam does, but Paypal can be a good middleman. Looks like it'll cost you about 1442 UAH, if I got that right.

• edited October 2014

It seems I'm just shy of the total amount needed to get you a deluxe edition through Origin right now, but if you don't mind waiting, I can send you the cash in about two weeks. Or, you can go with the standard edition, if you like.

...I just bought the 2013 edition of Tomb Raider with all the DLC for about $10 through a Steam sale, so sorry about that ;P

I would definitely appreciate it, but I don't have Paypal account. I could make one, though.

• In case you missed it. Nothing new, really, but cool all the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzRjfkXW9Lo

• No problem, dude, I might be adding some cash in near future, so I'll have enough money to buy Deluxe Edition.

Though, since I don't have a Paypal account yet, I'll have to deal with that, first. I'll write you later.

It seems I'm just shy of the total amount needed to get you a deluxe edition through Origin right now, but if you don't mind waiting, I can

• Sure thing, I'll check back every day or so. By the way, it seems it'd cost me an extra $50 to buy the game in the Ukraine, which is, I agree, staggering. So, I'm happy to help.

No problem, dude, I might be adding some cash in near future, so I'll have enough money to buy Deluxe Edition. Though, since I don't have a Paypal account yet, I'll have to deal with that, first. I'll write you later.

• Eh, I liked the previous one better. Still a cool trailer though.

Anyway, added it to the OP. :P

In case you missed it. Nothing new, really, but cool all the same. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzRjfkXW9Lo

• So, Katalept, I have a Paypal account available, my brother helped me with that. Let's discuss the rest in PM, if you're still willing.

Sure thing, I'll check back every day or so. By the way, it seems it'd cost me an extra $50 to buy the game in the Ukraine, which is, I agree, staggering. So, I'm happy to help.

• OK, I'm in private discussion mode, though I'm not sure it's working...

So, Katalept, I have a Paypal account available, my brother helped me with that. Let's discuss the rest in PM, if you're still willing.

• This thread needs a bump, so, why not do it with a question from DA twitter?

"DA:I is about leading: Which followers are you anxious to lead into battle?"

• Alt text

This thread needs a bump, so, why not do it with a question from DA twitter? "DA:I is about leading: Which followers are you anxious to lead into battle?"

• Blackwall, Cassandra, Varric, Dorian, Cole...

Everybody, really. In the past I've always mixed my party up.

This thread needs a bump, so, why not do it with a question from DA twitter? "DA:I is about leading: Which followers are you anxious to lead into battle?"

• "Which type of hero will lead in your first playthrough of DA:I?" Well, it ain't no new question for us, since Pipas made a poll about it almost a month ago, I think.

Alt text

• D.

"Which type of hero will lead in your first playthrough of DA:I?" Well, it ain't no new question for us, since Pipas made a poll about it almost a month ago, I think.

• For a second there I thought it was some weird smile, but then realized it was "D".

D.

• Ataash Qunari!

"Which type of hero will lead in your first playthrough of DA:I?" Well, it ain't no new question for us, since Pipas made a poll about it almost a month ago, I think.

• Ashkost say hissra!

Ataash Qunari!

• Anaan esaam Qun!

I'm okay with being a Vashoth for this particular game, but I hope the next game we're actually Qunari. Would be tough to pull off because the Qun basically defines your life, but hey, Iron Bull is still Qunari...

Ashkost say hissra!

• edited October 2014

Congrats to Michael Lawrence ( http://twitter.com/azuresilk ) on winning the Sapphire R9 290x graphics card.

Alt text

(Honestly, I don't know why I posted it. I guess it has something to do with the scarcity of DA news, aside from those "What axe did you use to brush your teeth?" or something like that).

• I'm looking very forward to this game's soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7cvwvEOEPI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_rTpKmr5nw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCY9T2QCy4U

They changed composers from the last two games, which usually irks me, but just listening to the main theme...goosebumps.

• Ohhh, can't wait to hear it in game! :)

I'm looking very forward to this game's soundtrack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7cvwvEOEPI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_rTpK

• Alt text

Ah Cass, my angry Nevarran could-have-been waifu...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzKE7xwqzEA&feature=youtu.be

• Alas, "it has been confirmed by the developers that the Inquisitor will not be able to marry their romanced companion due to the chaotic state the world of Thedas is in."

By now I'm wondering how this "unexpected" and "romantic" side of her is going to play out...

Ah Cass, my angry Nevarran could-have-been waifu...

• edited October 2014

Didn't feel like reading all 8 pages, but just thought I'd post I just started playing Dragon age origins and Dragon age 2 this week and am loving them. I bought them while they are on sale on xbox live. Great timing too I've been wanting to play this series but never got to it. Now I gotta catch up before inquisition which I am really hyped for now. I will be buying along with a ps4 sometime in December.

Edit: just read the inquisition romance options and it seems like the people who play as male get the short end of the stick.

• Origins is one of my most favourite RPGs (or, dare I say it, games) of all time. Dragon Age 2 is, well, kind of okay. There are way too many things I dislike about it, but I've learned to appreciate it in time.

Yeah, the male characters get the short end of the stick. Male Lord-Inquisitors will have only one strictly straight option, one strictly gay and other two are bisexual. Female characters, on the other hand (especially if playing as a female Elf), get three strictly straight options, two bisexual ones and one gay. And that's kind of unfair.

Didn't feel like reading all 8 pages, but just thought I'd post I just started playing Dragon age origins and Dragon age 2 this week and am

• I wonder why they did that. Oh well Cassandra is kinda hot in a badass sort of way :3. Hey Lingvort and everyone I'm curious whatorigin did you play as in dragon age origin? Apologies if you already said, im just to lazy to read through the pages lol.

Origins is one of my most favourite RPGs (or, dare I say it, games) of all time. Dragon Age 2 is, well, kind of okay. There are way too many

• I've personally played with each origin at least twice (by "playing" I mean completed it, or at least completed most of it). Some origins like Magi and Human Noble I've played about 3 or 4 times each.

What about you?

I wonder why they did that. Oh well Cassandra is kinda hot in a badass sort of way . Hey Lingvort and everyone I'm curious whatorigin did you play as in dragon age origin? Apologies if you already said, im just to lazy to read through the pages lol.

• I've so far only played as City Elf so far and I gotta say I really like the story. Bioware sure put alot of work into the game and different stories

I've personally played with each origin at least twice (by "playing" I mean completed it, or at least completed most of it). Some origins like Magi and Human Noble I've played about 3 or 4 times each. What about you?

• Hey, glad you like the game. Now you can join us in waiting for Dragon Age: Inquisition. Only 1 month left, woo!

And I've played each origin at least once, but my favourite has to be human noble. :)

BTW, do you also have DLCs installed? Because I think people who never met Shale are missing out. :P

I wonder why they did that. Oh well Cassandra is kinda hot in a badass sort of way . Hey Lingvort and everyone I'm curious whatorigin did you play as in dragon age origin? Apologies if you already said, im just to lazy to read through the pages lol.

• edited October 2014

The dlc is free so of course I installed it. I haven't gotten to him yet though. Is he supposed to be really cool or something? I know he's a golem dude.

Pipas posted: »

Hey, glad you like the game. Now you can join us in waiting for Dragon Age: Inquisition. Only 1 month left, woo! And I've played each ori

• Alt text

Yep, my favourite companion from Origins. :P Just... wait and see for yourself. :D

The dlc is free so of course I installed it. I haven't gotten to him yet though. Is he supposed to be really cool or something? I know he's a golem dude.

• Alt text

Although it says "Eliminated every mage" for a Templar choice, unless you drag the fight with Uldred (and don't use the Litany of Adralla, allowing Irving to die), you can't kill every mage, since Irving (other than the outcome I've described) survives regardless of your choice.

• I choose to defend the Mages, because the Templars solution was silly, to kill every Mage wouldn't end this problem. It was stated the core of the Circles issues was Uldred and his sloths trying to convert the tower into his own order. Killing everyone would be the easiest choice yeah, but the right choice? No.

Although it says "Eliminated every mage" for a Templar choice, unless you drag the fight with Uldred (and don't use the Litany of Adralla, a

• I've done every origin at least once, but my first and canon playthrough is a female Dalish, mostly traditionally good choices but not always in favour of humans or the Chantry at first, but romanced Leliana in spite of that.

• Can't blame you. Leliana is hawt.

I've done every origin at least once, but my first and canon playthrough is a female Dalish, mostly traditionally good choices but not always in favour of humans or the Chantry at first, but romanced Leliana in spite of that.

• edited October 2014

Remember those cool posters of DA:I companions? Well, now they're available as HD wallpapers! You can download them HERE.

Here's some high-res Cassandra for Lingvort.

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.